(Sprirt Burn) Maiden of Nightmares

Peridank

Spirits I feel there are not enough of in the game... I loved spirits since I first laid my eyes on them. Now I have tested this beloved card of mine... but out of EVERY OTHER CARD... it just seems to shine out and has won many games for me. Please give your opinions on if this card is OP and how to balance it... thanx!

BTW: The point of the card is to barrage your opponent with a burn and high attack, giving them life points in return. As for the concept, a evil entity that is a living nightmare, that slowly traumatizes you every time she appears.

This is not what spirit's need.  What they lack are combos.  

This card is like an updated Solar Flare Dragon. What Decks were you testing this against with?  I mean any trap card kills this.  And it deals 500 DMG per turn at the cost of the oh so invaluable Normal Summon.  I mean you could NS Nikitami and then NS this deal 1k and Xyz and not bounce.  Hardly OP?  More like barely usable.  Spirits don't have the luxury of wasting an NS for a 1900 Beater that just deals some damage.  

...I mean any trap card kills this.

As does any Trap Card kills an Xyz Monster without self-protection. The "it dies to removal" argument is never a good argument to downplay a card.

That said, sometimes we lose sight of how simple effects can be effective. 1000 damage on-Summon is hardly seen outside of Fire Trooper or a certain Satellaknight monster, especially if that 1000 damage comes accompanied with a decent beatstick body. The resultant damage can sometimes be enough to finish off dying opponents, where the 500 LP refund means nothing.

It might see play in a Spirit Deck as a 1-of, perhaps, as a close game finisher, but won't likely become a staple. On the other hand, it will be well-used in Simochi/Reficule Decks, doing a mix of straight burn and reversed healing for 1500 LP damage per turn, ignoring any battle damage it deals.

As does any Trap Card kills an Xyz Monster without self-protection. The "it dies to removal" argument is never a good argument to downplay a card.

That said, sometimes we lose sight of how simple effects can be effective. 1000 damage on-Summon is hardly seen outside of Fire Trooper or a certain Satellaknight monster, especially if that 1000 damage comes accompanied with a decent beatstick body. The resultant damage can sometimes be enough to finish off dying opponents, where the 500 LP refund means nothing.

It might see play in a Spirit Deck as a 1-of, perhaps, as a close game finisher, but won't likely become a staple. On the other hand, it will be well-used in Simochi/Reficule Decks, doing a mix of straight burn and reversed healing for 1500 LP damage per turn, ignoring any battle damage it deals.

The reason I mentioned traps kill him is b/c I pictured the user summoning, attacking, and boucing this guy like for 3 turns and I'm just like... Uuuh, backrow?  I was flabbergasted of his exceptionally positive review given this card isn't deadly at all, and even if deadly, is susceptible to anything and everything, like BTS permanently stops its bouncing so no more burn forever from him.  That's what I was trying to say.  

A card that is good only when you're opponent is about to lose is never a good card.  The reasons Satellars can run Alsahm (at one only mind you) is because they have Unu who sends Satellar monsters to grave (Sends Deneb first, then if you trigger him again he sends either vega or Alsahm, so it's not like you want to draw this guy).  In addition, Altair exists, he SS's Alsahm, deals 1000, if Altair can deal a little DMG in he'll do so via battle, then during M2 go into Cowboy for another 800, tha't s a lot of burn damage.  With all these factors taken into account, 1 Alsahm ONLY.  

This guy has none of that, you have to waste your NS, you have to draw him, he returns 500 when bounced... then next turn has to do all that shabang again.

So what your saying Le.... is for me to take off the 500 regain? That's possible... but this card has caused most of it's issues with me activating Royal Decree and any point in time when summoned, Forbidden Chalice. The card is useful... when placed in the right deck. Just like how White stone of legend is useless with no Blue Eyes...

Archived