One card that supports nearly everything: The Designer

AcediaJC

I figured I should post this here instead of RC since this card is probably extremely abuse-able. Basically, it can be any Type/Attribute combination you want, plus it can become a Tuner that can be treated as either level 4 or the same level as whichever Tuner you banish for its effect. So it allows you to use cards with somewhat specific requirements that your deck wouldn't normally be able to fill. Most likely horribly broken in many ways, but figured I may as well post it anyway.

1hp9b4.png

Lore:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monster from your graveyard. When this card is Summoned, you can declare one Type and Attribute. This card is treated as both the declared Type/Attribute and its original Type/Attribute. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Tuner Monster from your deck. If you do, this card becomes a Tuner Monster and its level can be treated as equal to the banished Monster's if this card is used for a Synchro, Xyz, or Ritual Summon.

Card art by xa-xa-xa on deviantart

[Spoiler=Old crappy version]

8wlild.png

Lore:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can only Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Monster in your graveyard that was Special Summoned from your Extra Deck. When this card is Summoned, you can declare one Type and Attribute. This card is treated as both the declared Type/Attribute and its original Type/Attribute. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Tuner Monster from your graveyard. If you do, this card becomes a Tuner Monster and its level can be treated as equal to the banished Monster's if this card is used for a Synchro, Xyz, or Ritual Summon.

Card art by xa-xa-xa on deviantart

[/spoiler]

Same reason you posted a comment that adds nothing to the thread. 'Cause I felt like it.

Or on a more serious note, because I don't like my creations just sitting in a folder on my computer being a wasted effort, good or not. Because then what's the point of making something if nobody else will ever see it? It's not a well designed card (Pun not intended. The Designer is poorly designed!) and I'm well aware of it (hence why it's posted here rather than RC), but I did spend time on it so I felt that time wouldn't be wasted if I posted it anyway. Who knows, maybe somebody would have some ideas for how to make it not so badly designed or even up to RC standards. Nothing lost if I post it, but nothing potentially gained if I don't post it.

Hopefully all that made sense. If it doesn't... Well then I'm just a weirdo.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can only Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Monster in your graveyard that was Special Summoned from your Extra Deck. When this card is Summoned, you can declare one Type and Attribute. This card is treated as both the declared Type/Attribute and its original Type/Attribute. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Tuner Monster from your graveyard. If you do, this card becomes a Tuner Monster and its level can be treated as equal to the banished Monster's if this card is used for a Synchro, Xyz, or Ritual Summon.

More often than not, a Special Summoned monster is on the field; not in the Graveyard. I guess you intended that the monster had been on the field prior to it was sent to the Graveyard, similar to "Felgrand Dragon". So let's go from there. Since it cannot be Normal Summoned/Set, it might be somewhat hard to summon (by the way, is it supposed to be a "Must first be Special Summoned...", or a "Must be Special Summoned by ... and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways." monster). Also there are some instances at which it can be questionable whether some cards are legal targets.

For example: an "El Shaddoll Construct" in the Graveyard after it has been revived with "Shaddoll Falco"; the last time it has been Special Summoned, it was Summoned from the Graveyard, and therefore should not actually be a legal target. The same would apply with banishing cards and returning them to the Graveyard. Another point can be Pendulum monsters, as they start in the Main Deck; but it can be hard to get in the Graveyard. 

But enough about summoning. Taking a look at its 'first' effect, I don't see anything particular special/powerful: it can gain an additional Attribute and Type. We do already have some cards which do roughly the same: "Homunculus the Alchemic Being" and "Elemental HERO Blazeman"; both of which have the advantage of being easier to Summon (no restrictions), and being more searchable (there are not much cards which can search your Deck for a Psychic-Type monster, unless they 'immediatly' summon it; which you cannot do with this card). Also, there is not really a benefit in changing/gaining attributes and/or types; other than maybe summoning some less generic Synchro/Xyz Monster.

Next, we have the effect which makes it a Level 1~8 Tuner monster (there currently are no Level 9, 10, 11 and 12 Tuner-monsters). While this can be a strong effect, its usage is rather limited; you would need to run quite some Tuner-monsters to use its effect reliably. Another point is that most Tuner-monsters are low leveled, or otherwise almost useles; therefore this card is not really helpful in Xyz Decks (which do not run a lot of tuners in the first place). Fusion Decks have even less usage for it, as they either require to specific cards, or have alternatives that work better for them ("Shaddoll Core" for example).

All in all, this card seems to be underwhelming rather than overpowered. Therefore I would suggest to remove the Summoning restrictions altogether. Though you might want to make it a bit harder to activate its Attribute/Type changing effect in that case. Another option would be to increase its ATK and/or DEF, so it is not as helpless when you cannot Special Summon the intended monster.

These are just my thought on the card, so others might not agree. But either way, I hope you have some usage for my vision/suggestions.

You do raise a lot of good points. I hadn't realised how difficult it would actually be to use. So based on your suggestions, I've given the card a few little buffs: The cost of its Special Summon is changed to just banish 1 Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz from the graveyard, to fix the potential confusion involving extra deck monsters having been summoned again at some point from the graveyard. It's also now able to be Special Summoned by effects other than its own, so there are other ways to get it on the field. The cost of its last effect was also changed to banish a tuner from the deck rather than graveyard to make the effect a bit more viable to use. And finally, I've given it a small ATK/DEF boost from 100/100 to 1100/1000 which still isn't very intimidating, but it's probably not something that you'd want to keep on the field very long anyway.

Hopefully these changes have made it good enough to be useable without being abuseable.

Archived