A Look Into YCM's History - A Request of Sorts

goddamnit names are a pain

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come to think of it, thewre is something I remember now.

A few years back (when I was a Mod) the entire Mod Team went on Strike due to the factt that YCMaker never came online at all. The more serious incidents were still dealt with, but things like Locking, Warns etc was not done. The Mod team was so desperate, they actually posted threads in the mod Forum with titles such as "YCM is going to be hacked", YCMaker eventually did turn up again, only to have a moan about the misleading thread titles.

Also Crab Helmet demoted YCMaker soon after that. Was promptly banned for it too.

It would be absolutely hilarious to have Crab and a couple people like Altair back on the site.

I can't contribute that much tbh, I only know a decent bit about Showcase/Graphics sections past.

Can I just notice though, like 90% of posts are people from different sections going "Oh and LZ was active in [subforum] back then."

LZ literally brings golden ages.

5. Rainbow Dash - Dementuo

What

what WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Now, time for some of my questions:
Who was byak?

Can you tell me more about LZ?

Who was Claire? What happened to them?

I find it funny, yet reasonable how many people here used to play Yugioh. That thread is telling a bit about it, which is cool. I mean they either realized how dumb the game is at times or grew up. Considering it has been about 3 years.

Say Yugimon instead of Yugiman so we can include Pokemon and Digimon in that, ok?

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/272122-discussion-thread-ycm-legends-series-january-2012-top-4-has-been-posted/

http://ycmlegendsseries.blogspot.ca/2011/11/top-8-dog-king-vs-pot-of-problem.html

Oh yea, this is when I was decent at yugioh. I could have made to the knockout stage if my laptop at the time didn't give out. Ah, good times dueling with all of you. XD

5. Rainbow Dash - Dementuo

What

what WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I told you, there were many ponies back then.

Now, a question I've been meaning to ask. I remember there were members at the time named Izaya and Shizuo but I can't remember much else, anyone remember who they were/are and if they actually were against each other or if it was cause of the names?

YCM needs to purge itself of ponies.

I mean I'm happy that we drove them off into their own little hole in C&O but the evil must be exterminated with no mercy =)

I'm kidding, for the most part.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/270352-shizuo-heiwajima-vs-izaya-orihara/

STUFF UNCOVERED
THIS SITE'S SEARCH FEATURE DOES SOMETHING
GASP

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/user/188800-shion-kaito/

Time to stalk around to dig up a bit of his history.

Fun time, basically.

Darth Revan of the Sith MAY be the other guy, and he's now banned.

All the info I've got so far.

I told you, there were many ponies back then.

Now, a question I've been meaning to ask. I remember there were members at the time named Izaya and Shizuo but I can't remember much else, anyone remember who they were/are and if they actually were against each other or if it was cause of the names?

I remember Shizuo/Kaito/Kiyoteru. He mostly hung around the Vocaloid club that Starrk was also a part of. He was really nice to me and has been recently active, albeit lightly.

And Izaya/Halu was just somebody who hung around a lot on status updates. He always mentioned being wealthy and having a girlfriend. He actually also liked Vocaloids, too.

Anyway, he and Shizuo made the account names simultaneously as well as a poll where members voted for who they preferred. Izaya lost really badly, though.

Another interesting piece is that Shizuo had Christian beliefs he held close while Izaya was against religious (particularly supernatural) belief.

LZ literally brings golden ages.

Can you tell me more about LZ?

Who was Claire? What happened to them?

LZ is the pinnacle bae, literally all you need to know.

Clair was pretty dope. Prior to my promotion I would only ever dwell in showcase, she was one of the few "outsiders" I interacted with when I wandered into the other sections. 

Archived