Ludum de Morte [OOC/NS/NA/PG-16]

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, given that everyone is metagaming and not trusting someone who has given them every reason to be trusted, they'll probably be suspicious anyway and see it as some kind of ploy (which it admittedly is).

There is a mysterious person who has kidnapped you, taken you from your home and told you that you have to go kill others. Strangers you've never heard of, in a place you've never been to before with no exits. Obviously, everyone's going to be acting tense, hesitant, suspicious and scared of others while still unsure about everything, this and that.

For the ones who don't and act perfectly calm in such a situation, being unusually nice to everyone else despite the circumstances, that's when you know there's something...off. That's when you know that they're dangerous. In that regard, your character made a mistake.

See, it's only common sense, which just about everyone here should possess~

Well, that is one of many contradictions in human nature.

You see, in my actual experience, someone who manages to remain calm in a tense situation is (rather annoyingly) seen as a trustworthy beacon of light- to quote someone I once knew, a rock. Even if that calm is merely a facade, and that trust entirely misplaced, the "rock" will attract little in the way of doubt in their actions and decisions- at least at first, of course.

To sum up my point, common sense goes ignored when someone is well and truly scared.

Well, that is one of many contradictions in human nature.

You see, in my actual experience, someone who manages to remain calm in a tense situation is (rather annoyingly) seen as a trustworthy beacon of light- to quote someone I once knew, a rock. Even if that calm is merely a facade, and that trust entirely misplaced, the "rock" will attract little in the way of doubt in their actions and decisions- at least at first, of course.

To sum up my point, common sense goes ignored when someone is well and truly scared.

Contradictions? Don't be silly, it's just like the concept of yin and yang~ There's no reason for two sides to not be able to coexist~

Well, while your experience would be right in most occasions, especially when the party in question is trapped, lost, abandoned, or otherwise, you're kinda forgetting the circumstances here. These people have been told to kill each other - therefore, that's exactly how this man's intentions are going to be seen as, even if he's genuinely trying to help others. Think of it as a kind of reverse psychology~

Hmm, so the bullets got scattered. We started with seven, so let's do the math here.
>Saori gets 1
>Amaya gets 1
>Crow gets 1
>Velia knocks out the remaining 4
>Yuu gets 1, gives to Aaron
>Crow picks up the last 3, gives to Amaya

So Yuu, Naoko, Velia, and Mamoru are left with none.

Crow, Saori, Aaron have 1.

Aaannndd Amaya has 4 (or maybe 2/3, depending on if someone else also got to pick one up). What a poor system, eh?

1.) Thank you guys for sorting this out, I was busy partying.

2.) Due to obvious communication issues, the eight that are currently assembled will be split into 4 groups of 2, so as to search the mansion. This is to allow deeper exploration of character depth, as well as make keeping track of all the stuff going on possible. Anyone want to be grouped with anyone in particular?

Archived