The Cosmia Powers. Who needs a Main Deck anyway? [11 cards so far]

AcediaJC

So, this was yet another weird idea I had. The main gimmick/playstyle of the set is based around having only one or two cards in your main deck at the time, and everything else being in your graveyard. Then from there you can manipulate which cards are in your main deck and make sure the next card you draw is always going to be exactly what you want. I'm having a hard time with balancing them though (Since the card that gets them going basically lets you Foolish Burial your whole deck at once), so I really need some suggestions for how to prevent other decks from abusing them. Though on the other hand they do have a very easy to exploit weakness to your opponent forcing you to draw or them milling your deck which could lead to an instant loss, which might balance them slightly I feel (Powerful, but plenty of cards out there that can ruin them instantly?) but I'm not entirely sure. Honestly, they're probably completely unplayable and in need of major revisions, but whatever.

[Spoiler=Cards]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-001 Cosmia Powers - Space]

312bfar.png

Lore:

If there is one or more "Cosmia Powers" Monster in your graveyard, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects. When this card is Summoned, send every card in your deck except the bottom card to the graveyard. For the rest of the duel, you cannot Special Summon Monsters from your graveyard except "Cosmia" Monsters, and card effects that activate from your graveyard are negated except "Cosmia" card effects. Once per turn during your opponent's End Phase: You can send 1 "Cosmia Powers" card from your graveyard to the bottom of your deck.

Card art by Cherinova on deviantart

Notes:

This is the card that I'm wanting the most help with. Space is basically the focal point of the whole archetype, being the one that sends everything to your graveyard initially and lets you pick and choose what you return to your deck. I already tried to limit the deck destroying effect's exploitability by having cards in your graveyard unable to be Special Summoned or activate effects from the grave, but I know there's more cards that could take advantage of this effect without either of those limitations getting in the way, and I'm not quite sure how to prevent that without it creating problems for the Cosmia Powers cards themselves.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-002 Cosmia Powers - Time]

jtowsl.png

Lore:

You can discard this card to add 1 "Cosmia Powers - Space" from your deck to your hand. Once per turn before your Draw Phase: You can reveal the top card of your deck, then pay 500 Life Points to send it to the bottom of your deck face-up. When this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Cosmia Powers" Monster except "Cosmia Powers - Time" from your hand.

Card art by Cherinova on deviantart

Notes:

Time is also a very important monster in the archetype. First off it can be used to search out Space if you don't open with it in your hand. Or while on the field, it can switch the top and bottom card of your deck before you draw so that you can get the card from Space's last effect right away, also leaving the top card face-up in your deck which enables the effects of some other cards in the archetype. Finally when it's destroyed, you can special summon a different Cosmia Powers monster to replace it. Nothing much I can think of that I'd need to change here, but maybe somebody else will be able to see a problem I'm overlooking.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-003 Cosmia Powers - Matter]

1znstix.png

Lore:

When this card is Summoned, you can add 1 face-up card from your deck to your hand, then return 1 card from your graveyard to the bottom of your deck. If this card is face-up on top of your deck, you can add 1 "Cosmia Powers" Monster from your graveyard to your hand. If you do, banish this card and skip your next Draw Phase. If you control 1 "Cosmia Powers" Monster while this card is in your graveyard, you can banish this card to return 1 Monster on the field to its owner's hand.

Card art by YukikaChan on deviantart

Notes:

Matter is the main card that makes use of Time's effect to leave its revealed card face-up in your deck. Upon Summon, Matter can add a card that was revealed by Time's effect and then replace it with one from the graveyard. Or if it's face-up on top of your deck instead, you can add a card to your hand directly from your graveyard. It's also a tuner to allow for some possible Synchro plays, but I'm not really sure what you would really make with her, just figured it couldn't hurt to give them the option at least.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-004 Cosmia Powers - Energy]

210c185.png

Lore:

If there are no cards in your deck, you can discard this card to return 1 "Cosmia Powers" card from your graveyard to your deck. Once per turn: When the effect of a "Cosmia Powers" Monster except "Cosmia Powers - Energy" is activated, your opponent must discard 1 card from their hand. If they cannot, banish this card face-down. If you control 1 "Cosmia Powers" Monster while this card is in your graveyard, you can banish this card to return 1 Spell or Trap on the field to its owner's deck.

Card art by ForbiddenImmortality on deviantart

Notes:

Energy is mainly meant to be a quick way to save yourself if you've been left with no cards in your deck. The other effect is just a little something to punish your opponent with, though I'm not sure if it's very balanced. It does become totally unusable if its effect activates when your opponent has an empty hand though, so you wouldn't be able to just use it constantly.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-005 Cosmia Powers - Universe]

33c2c5c.png

Lore:

When a "Cosmia Powers" Monster is destroyed, return it to the bottom of your deck instead. Once per turn: You can banish 2 "Cosmia Powers" cards from your graveyard to send 1 Spell/Trap from your graveyard to the bottom of your deck. If you control 1 "Cosmia Powers" Monster while this card is in your graveyard, you can return this card from your graveyard to your hand.

Card art by Insaro on deviantart

Notes:

Every good archetype deserves a field spell! Universe can help keep cards in your deck, but its main purpose is to give the archetype access to any Spell/Traps that they wouldn't otherwise be able to access from their graveyard. Though I feel like this might be unbalanced, because it could constantly recycle easily splashable spell/trap cards as long as there's at least 2 Cosmia cards in your graveyard (Which there will probably be a lot of because of Space's effect). Should I add a clause that banishes the card it added when that card leaves the field to prevent some shenanigans with recycling useful things?

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-006 Cosmia Powers - Life]

mwut7p.png

Lore:

If you control 1 or more "Cosmia Powers" Monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Cosmia Powers" Monster from your deck. When a card that was Summoned by this effect leaves the field, banish it. If this card is face-up on top of your deck during your Standby Phase, you can return 1 Monster from your graveyard to your hand.

Card art by MysteryPainter on deviantart

Notes:

Life is pretty simple. You can Special Summon it if you control another Cosmia Powers monster, then tribute to search and summon another one from your deck. Just a very versatile card that can bring out Space if you didn't draw it first turn, or can be used for Xyz/Synchro moves, or just instantly bringing out a card that was returned to your deck.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-007 Cosmia Powers - Death]

2dk0fao.png

Lore:

You can send 1 face-up "Cosmia Powers" card in your deck to the graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card attacks or is attacked, you can banish this card to return 2 "Cosmia Powers" Monsters from your graveyard to your deck, then shuffle it and draw 1 card. If this card is face-up on top of your deck during your Standby Phase, you can banish 1 face-up Monster your opponent controls.

Card art by SnowCorridor on deviantart

Notes:

Death is another card that plays off of Time's effect, using a face-up card in your deck to special summon itself. It also provides another way to get your Cosmia Powers monsters back into your deck, along with a small bit of draw power as well.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler-CSMIA-008 Cosmia Powers - Cataclysm]

adlr80.png

Lore:

This card can only be activated if you control 2 or more "Cosmia Powers" Monsters. Send every card in your deck to the graveyard, then destroy all Monsters your opponent controls. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn this effect is activated.

Card art by Petite-Emi on deviantart

Notes:

Cataclysm is a somewhat situational and risky field nuke for the archetype, requiring you to send your entire deck to the graveyard in order to wipe your opponent's monsters. So if you don't use it at the right time, it could result in an immediate loss for you the next turn. And of course Battle Phase is skipped the turn it's activated to prevent any OTK shenanigans making its cost a moot point.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-009 Cosmia Powers - Creation]

kd0epj.png

Lore:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. If there are no cards in your deck, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or graveyard. Once per turn: When a "Cosmia Powers" Monster is Summoned, you can banish the top 3 cards of your opponent's deck. If you do, skip your next Draw Phase. You can only control 1 "Cosmia Powers - Creation".

Can't remember the artist of this card's art. If anybody recognises it and knows, please message me so I can give proper credit!

Notes:

Creation is for now the set's main boss monster. It requires no cards in your deck to be summoned (making it a pretty nasty combo with Cataclysm. Nuke your opponent's monsters then drop your boss monster right after), and banishes cards from your opponent's deck every time you summon another Cosmia Powers monster, with the goal of course trying to get the opponent's deck to start looking more like yours ;) Skipping your draw phase as the cost of its effect can also be somewhat beneficial to you in this case, since it can help protect you from the archetype's potential risk of decking out.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-010 Cosmia Powers - Chance]

aktsaw.png

Lore:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters
Can also be Synchro Summoned by banishing 1 Tuner you control, and sending "Cosmia" monsters in your Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck face-up, whose combined Levels equal 8. During each of your Standby Phases, if you drew a "Cosmia" card this turn: You can banish 1 card from the top of your opponent's deck.
Can't remember the artist of this card's art. If anybody recognises it and knows, please message me so I can give proper credit!

Notes:

So I had a suggestion from Radiant F.U.R.Y. for another sort of Boss Monster for the archetype in the form of a Synchro that can use materials from the graveyard. Not sure how balanced or effective this card is (Considering it's easily splashable any time you have Matter on the field once you've already used Space to dump your deck), but I just tried to make it work similarly to Creation with a focus on banish-milling your opponent's deck, however limited to only 1 card at a time since it will basically trigger every turn and is much easier to get out.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=CSMIA-011 Cosmia Powers - Knowledge]

v42pz9.png

Lore:

During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can banish 1 "Cosmia" Monster from your graveyard to target 1 "Cosmia" Monster you control except "Cosmia Powers - Knowledge". The target Monster cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects until your next Standby Phase.

Notes:

I'm a bit iffy on whether this card is broken or not (I'm leaning towards probably very broken). I decided with Chance most likely using a level 2 and a level 4 for its non-tuner materials, the archetype could use another level 2 other than Matter and Energy (Since Matter is the actual tuner of the archetype), and just to spice things up I decided to make Knowledge a Spirit monster. But I'm a bit concerned about it since being a Spirit monster means its protection effect can just be spammed every turn and would probably create some problems with Creation since you could just summon Knowledge every turn to trigger the mill effect and then give it some extra protection. I did try to balance it out a bit by only having it protect from targeting effects, meaning field nukes and other non-targeting destruction can still kill things just as easily, but I'm just not sure if its reusability and combo with Creation make it too powerful even if non-targeting effects can still get past it. So feedback on whether this card is fair or borked as hell would be very nice!

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

So, any thoughts? Preferably, any suggestions for how to make sure other cards/archetypes couldn't easily abuse the effect of sending everything to your graveyard?

EDIT: Updated just about every card except Cataclysm, and added 1 new card. Space now doesn't negate the effects and Special Summons of other Cosmia Powers in the graveyard, and both it and Time had their ATK and DEF swapped (Don't want your opponent to be able to just Bottomless your most important monster after all). Matter and Energy were given some removal effects while in the graveyard (Matter returns monsters to the hand, and Energy returns Spell/Traps to the deck). Universe can now add itself to your hand from the graveyard, making it much easier to use if all your copies of it get sent to the grave by Space. Life and Death were given effects similar to one of Matter's effect that triggers while face-up on top of your deck. Life allows you to add any monster from your grave to your hand (not just Cosmia Powers, making cards outside of the archetype viable to use), and Death simply banishes a face-up monster. There's also a level 7 boss monster added whose effect is meant to eventually leave your opponent with no cards in their deck as well. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

EDIT 2: Added two new cards: Cosmia Powers - Chance and Cosmia Powers - Knowledge (I think I may be starting to reach a bit on their original flavor...). Always looking for feedback of course! Particularly on these two new cards, since I feel very iffy about whether they're balanced or horribly broken.

There's a lot going on with little happening. This is another one of those Synchro/Xyz decks without any non-Extra Deck removal power. The idea just doesn't work unless you were to have every card (not just the Cosmia Powers) be remade to work like Breakthrough Skill AND not be affected by Space. Most cards will be in the Grave, obviously, but most cards are made to work on the field/in hand, which would mean you need to pray you have the right cards in hand and in Deck after Space goes off. Some effects even go off in the Grave, and Space would just negate them. Without Space this Deck can't do much, with Space it still doesn't do much. Unlike Lightsworns it doesn't have a boss monster in sight, and doesn't make use of it's ace monster(s). Really all I could suggest is to let loose, don't be afraid to give something some actual power. 

For the rest of the duel, you cannot Special Summon Monsters from your graveyard, and card effects that activate from your graveyard are negated except "Cosmia" card effects.  - Just adding that and some more effects to other monsters that work with/in the Grave would help a ton.

Archived