[Striker] Card Neutralizer

Nathanael D. Striker

Ds8OsCk.jpg

Activate this card by discarding any number of cards, then target the same number of Set cards your opponent controls; while this card is on the field, those targets cannot be activate or change their battle position. If this card leaves the field: Return those targets to the Deck.

Alright, this is a card I made a month or so ago but haven't published on the site. I do see the similarities between this and Xing Zhen Hu, though I imagine this would see some more use compared to that card. *fingers crossed* I was thinking along the lines of delayed pseudo-removal with this card. So folks, CnC?

Activate by discarding any number of cards, then targeting the same an equal number of face-down Set cards on the field; As long as this card is face-up, those targets cards cannot be activated or flipped face-up. When this card leaves the field: Shuffle return those targets cards into their owner's Deck.

An intriguing alternative to Xing Zhen Hu that would be loved by Uria Decks all around. It forces the opponent to flip up the targets if possible before losing them into their Deck once this card is forced off the field, and while the discard cost reins in this card from locking out an entire field without heavy investment, it also gives a very easy way to put Continuous Traps in the Graveyard to boost Uria's ATK through the roof. Also, because the latter effect triggers regardless of how it left the field, it's a prime fodder for Uria's Summoning - not to mention Magic Planter shenanigans.

A little question, though. What happens if Set monsters locked down by this card are forcibly flipped face-up by other effects or by battle? Do they then escape getting pinned down by the card?

Yes, I did put the discard to prevent lock down abuse. The fact that it covers all Set cards should help against the Ghostrick match-up (not sure what Tier they are these days). And thanks for the Card Grammar fix. Obviously mine is rusty. XD

As for your question, I really don't know as I'm not much of a ruling expert. That'll be something to ask evilfusion or anybody who knows the answer. TBH, I'd like to know that too.

Ohoho, this card is lovely. This makes using Ghostrick locks way easier, since it doesn't need to have a Ghostrick on the field to actually work, though it isn't searchable, so that kind of sucks, but anyway, I like it lot, and while it might seem a bit powerful by returning, face-down monsters isn't all that common so you would have to use other cards to get them to work right, and most Spell/Trap Cards can be activated in response to this card, and it does have a cost for each card.

OCG fix:

Activate this card by discarding any number of cards, then target the same number of Set cards your opponent controls; while this card is on the fiield, those targets cannot be activate or change their battle position. If this card leaves the field: Return those targets to the Deck.

Archived