Planning Thread for Card Ideas

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Some of you have ideas for cards, but aren't sure on how to make them work the way you want them to.

This is what this thread is for.

Essentially, you pitch an idea for a new Archetype/series, card or summoning mechanic, and we, as the CC community, try to help you develop it into something that works and also retains a degree of balance.

It does not matter whether your ideas are designed for Advanced or Casual; just post them and we'll say stuff on them.

Some basic rules:

1. First and foremost, the general YCM Rules apply in here, as well as the rules for AoC.
  2. Please keep any comments in this thread relevant to either pitching a supposed idea for a card(s), or helping a member design theirs.
  3. Include as much details about your ideas as possible; it'll help us determine how you should design them.
  4. If you opt to help out members, make sure you provide proper critique. (You should, in a way, follow the Advanced Clause to some extent).
  5. Make sure your cards abide by standards Konami has set.
    1. No higher than 5000 printed ATK/DEF, Level/Rank 12 max [Rank 0 is acceptable b/c F0 is real now], 6 basic Attributes [not counting DIVINE]. Custom/Fake Types are allowed (though if you intend to post them in RC, you must use one of the 23 existing Types; not including Creator God and Divine-Beast)

Alright then, pitch away.

===

nPkkWJQ.png

easter20170416

(Remember this, for you'll need it to find another egg)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since I was the one that asked for this, guess I should have the honors of posting the first idea in need of critique and suggestions :P

I've had an idea floating in my head for awhile now of an archetype that applies the old mechanic of LV monsters (Armed Dragon, Silent Swordsman, etc) to Extra Deck monsters. Mainly Xyz but I considered shifting focus to LV-based Fusions or Synchros, since Xyzs already have the Rank-up stuff that achieves something similar and might cause some problems if you could use the LV Xyz monsters together with Rank-up. But the problem is I'm not sure where to go from there. The plan is for them to be either Fusions, Synchros, or Xyzs that replace themselves with a stronger monster once certain conditions are met, but I have no idea what sort of effects would go well with that idea, that aren't already covered by existing LV monsters, as well as balanced and viable. I'm also not sure what sort of theme to go with in terms of the card art, naming, and type/attribute. I considered maybe some sort of Machines that transform and upgrade themselves, or maybe basing them on the current set of LV monsters in some way like sort of corrupted versions of the most well known ones. Maybe both, making them robotic versions of the existing LV monsters?

Lastly another part of the idea that's causing me some problems is how to deal with the material requirements for the upgraded forms. Would the higher level ones just need material requirements that are too steep to be worth Fusion/Synchro/Xyz summoning them normally (and summoning them through their LV mechanic instead), or is it possible for an Extra Deck monster to just list no requirements so it has to be summoned by other means?

So in short, what I've got so far:

Idea for Extra Deck LV monsters.

What I need help with:

Effect and flavor ideas. Solving problem of materials for the set's higher level monsters.

For the types of cards, you could have insects that rapidly mutate, robots or mecha that upgrade forms, or psychics that focus greater powers

As for effect, I would make the first level require 3 or so Xyz materials, and increase as they go along. During each of your "upgrade phase" or end phase, or standby whatever, it has an effect just like Astral Force, where the rank is increased by 2 and it's the same type

If you have more than 3 or so "upgrades" you could have an Xyz monster that requires the third tier monster as a material, or perhaps have a spell card that would make that happen

Sorry quotes don't work

@Ace

Working on something called Deep Sleep right now. The gimmick is that they all have this effect:

"You can target 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change both this monster and that target to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, neither monster can change its position."

There are 3 Level 3 monsters and 3 Level 6 monsters and there is 1 Level 8 monster that's their boss monster. The Level 3s and Level 6s share the same types the Level 8 is a Fiend-Type and combines the names of the first two, being Shadow for Level 3s and Nightmare for Level 6. I have the Level 3s, Field Spell Card and boss monster ready, the Level 6 and other Spell/Trap support is yet to come.

Deep Sleep - Shadow Demon

Fiend-Type/DARK

Level 3

You can target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change both this monster and that target to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, neither monster can change its position. You can target 1 face-down monster you control; change it to face-up Attack or Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Deep Sleep - Shadow Demon" once per turn.

1300/1600

Deep Sleep - Shadow Creature

Beast-Type/DARK

Level 3

You can target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change both this monster and that target to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, neither monster can change its position. If this card is flipped face-up: You can add 1 "Deep Sleep" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Deep Sleep - Shadow Creature". You can only use this effect of "Deep Sleep - Shadow Demon" once per turn.

900/1800

Deep Sleep - Shadow Ghost

Zombie-Type/DARK

Level 3

You can target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change both this monster and that target to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, neither monster can change its position. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 Level 3 or 6 "Deep Sleep" monster, then activate 1 of these effects, depending on the Level of the discarded monster;

● Level 3: Special Summon 1 Level 6 "Deep Sleep" monster from your hand.

● Level 6: Special Summon 1 Level 3 "Deep Sleep" monster from your hand.

1700/1400

Deep Sleep - Shadow Nightmare

Fiend-Type/DARK

Level 8

Cannot be Normal Summon/Set. Must be Special Summoned by Tributing 2 face-down monsters, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can target 1 face-up monster and 1 face-down monster on the field; destroy both those targets. You can only use this effect of "Deep Sleep - Shadow Nightmare" once per turn.

3000/3000

Deep Sleep - Dream Abyss

Field Spell Card

Once per turn, if all monsters you control are in face-down Defense Position: You can target 1 face-down Defense Position monster you control; change it to face-up Attack or Defense Position. You can Tribute Summon 1 "Deep Sleep" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set by Tributing 1 face-down monster. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Working on something called Deep Sleep right now. The gimmick is that they all have this effect:

"You can target 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change both this monster and that target to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, neither monster can change its position."

There are 3 Level 3 monsters and 3 Level 6 monsters and there is 1 Level 8 monster that's their boss monster. The Level 3s and Level 6s share the same types the Level 8 is a Fiend-Type and combines the names of the first two, being Shadow for Level 3s and Nightmare for Level 6. I have the Level 3s, Field Spell Card and boss monster ready, the Level 6 and other Spell/Trap support is yet to come.

Deep Sleep - Shadow Demon

Fiend-Type/DARK

Level 3

You can target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change both this monster and that target to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, neither monster can change its position. You can target 1 face-down monster you control; change it to face-up Attack or Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Deep Sleep - Shadow Demon" once per turn.

1300/1600

Deep Sleep - Shadow Creature

Beast-Type/DARK

Level 3

You can target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change both this monster and that target to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, neither monster can change its position. If this card is flipped face-up: You can add 1 "Deep Sleep" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Deep Sleep - Shadow Creature". You can only use this effect of "Deep Sleep - Shadow Demon" once per turn.

900/1800

Deep Sleep - Shadow Ghost

Zombie-Type/DARK

Level 3

You can target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change both this monster and that target to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, neither monster can change its position. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 Level 3 or 6 "Deep Sleep" monster, then activate 1 of these effects, depending on the Level of the discarded monster;

● Level 3: Special Summon 1 Level 6 "Deep Sleep" monster from your hand.

● Level 6: Special Summon 1 Level 3 "Deep Sleep" monster from your hand.

1700/1400

Deep Sleep - Shadow Nightmare

Fiend-Type/DARK

Level 8

Cannot be Normal Summon/Set. Must be Special Summoned by Tributing 2 face-down monsters, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can target 1 face-up monster and 1 face-down monster on the field; destroy both those targets. You can only use this effect of "Deep Sleep - Shadow Nightmare" once per turn.

3000/3000

Deep Sleep - Dream Abyss

Field Spell Card

Once per turn, if all monsters you control are in face-down Defense Position: You can target 1 face-down Defense Position monster you control; change it to face-up Attack or Defense Position. You can Tribute Summon 1 "Deep Abyss" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set by Tributing 1 face-down monster. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

So far they seem more like support for things like Ghostricks rather than their own full archetype (Though personally as a fan of that archetype I don't consider that a bad thing :P). Maybe as something to differentiate them a bit more, you could add effects to some of them that trigger by flipping the enemy's monsters face-up? Like maybe the level 3s keep your opponent's monsters face-down while the level 6s flip them back up to do things like negate their effects or gain advantage? That could also let you set things up so that both of Shadow Nightmare's targets can be on the opponent's field by flipping an opponent's monster face-up with the effect of one of the level 6s, and could give the archetype a better match-up against things with flip effects assuming at least one of the Deep Sleep monsters negates the effects of the monster it flips.

Can't think of any suggestions for some Spell/Trap support for them. Hopefully I was able to help in some way though :)

For the types of cards, you could have insects that rapidly mutate, robots or mecha that upgrade forms, or psychics that focus greater powers

As for effect, I would make the first level require 3 or so Xyz materials, and increase as they go along. During each of your "upgrade phase" or end phase, or standby whatever, it has an effect just like Astral Force, where the rank is increased by 2 and it's the same type

If you have more than 3 or so "upgrades" you could have an Xyz monster that requires the third tier monster as a material, or perhaps have a spell card that would make that happen

Sorry quotes don't work

@Ace

Hm... The insect thing sort of gave me an idea for the flavor of the cards, so that can definitely work! I'm not sure about the first level requiring 3 materials though (Unless I include main deck monsters capable of easily spamming the field to meet the first monster's requirement, but that could become a whole other can of worms with people just using them for generic rank-spam), or the gap between each level being 2 ranks Because then if the gap is only 2, then why wait around for their effect to trigger when you can Astral Force it right away? That on top of some of the existing LV support could lead to some shenanigans where the highest level hits the field on your first turn. I was thinking of the rank increasing by 3s (First is a Rank 3, then upgrade to 6, then 9, and finally 12).

Having a final monster that requires the fully upgraded form as a material is a pretty cool idea though, so I may use that. The comment in the rules on how Rank 0 is a thing now gives me an idea for it too (Reach the maximum Rank of 12, then use that to summon the lowest possible Rank of 0).

I've had an idea floating in my head for awhile now of an archetype that applies the old mechanic of LV monsters (Armed Dragon, Silent Swordsman, etc) to Extra Deck monsters. Mainly Xyz but I considered shifting focus to LV-based Fusions or Synchros, since Xyzs already have the Rank-up stuff that achieves something similar and might cause some problems if you could use the LV Xyz monsters together with Rank-up. But the problem is I'm not sure where to go from there. The plan is for them to be either Fusions, Synchros, or Xyzs that replace themselves with a stronger monster once certain conditions are met, but I have no idea what sort of effects would go well with that idea, that aren't already covered by existing LV monsters, as well as balanced and viable. I'm also not sure what sort of theme to go with in terms of the card art, naming, and type/attribute. I considered maybe some sort of Machines that transform and upgrade themselves, or maybe basing them on the current set of LV monsters in some way like sort of corrupted versions of the most well known ones. Maybe both, making them robotic versions of the existing LV monsters?

I would go for Xyzs that Xyz-evolve by overlaying themselves over the previous Levels, because that would be quite cool. Think of Ptolemy/Gaia Dragoon/Downerd Magician, but that can only be overlayed over monsters of the previous Level specifically:

[insert monster name] LV5

Effect: You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "[insert monster name] LV3" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.)

After that, add a condition that the previous Level must fulfill to prevent Xyz-evolving to the last form right away. You can take the Level-up methods of LVs for ideas, or why not outright copy/pasting them (destroy a monster by battle, survive a turn, etc.)

Other ideas:

The previous form has no Xyz materials. This would encourage players to use cards such as "Xyz Gift" or "Oni-Gami Combo" to remove materials faster.

During the Main Phase 2, after the previous form has used its detach effect(s) once or twice.

If you don't want them to get "LV" support, you can name them as "RK#" (as in "Rank") instead. Also, I doubt that compatibility with RUMs would cause any issues; if anything you would be able to use RUMs to evolve your monster faster, which would be actually neat.

Regarding the materials for the upgraded forms, you could take a tip from the Chaos Xyz monsters and go for generic materials but impractical numbers (3+ Level X monsters). That way the Xyz would be legit, but players would be discouraged from summoning them normally. To make the regular summon even harder to accomplish, you can add requirements such as monsters of the same Attribute and/or Type as the Xyz monster.

For flavor ideas, Kotokakatsukami already gave a couple of good ones: upgrading mechas or metamorphosing insects. You could even retrain the "Moth" archetype: a larva that evolves into a cocoon, and finally into a moth/butterfly/etc. Another idea:

A warrior that gradually becomes into a monster, beast, machine, demon, etc (think of Dai Grepher's transformation into Dak Lucius). Playing with the monster's type and/or Attribute after each upgrade would add flavor.

Warrior turning into a beast:

Warrior -> Beast-Warrior -> Beast

Warrior turning into a demon:

non-DARK Warrior -> DARK Warrior -> DARK Fiend

As for suggestions for effects, you can go for simple effects that progressively get better after each stage of the evolution. For instance:

1st stage: Target & destroy 1 monster with less ATK than this card.

2nd: Target & destroy 1 monster

3rd: Destroy all other monsters on the field

Or:

1st stage: Banish this card until the End Phase ("blinking" effect similar to Wind-Up Rabbit).

2nd: Banish this card 1 monster your opponent controls until the End Phase.

3rd: Banish this card and 1 card your opponent controls. This card returns to your field during the End Phase, but the opponent's card won't.

(By the way, these effects would work well with the condition of Xyz-evolving over monsters without materials.)

Worked a bit on the actual cards just to sort of play with the concept and such a bit. Settled on a few things like the flavor and how many there will be (1 Rank 3, 3 Rank 6s, 2 Rank 9s, and 1 Rank 12, for a total of 7. Not counting main deck support and the possible Rank 0 idea). I decided to go with DARK Insect monsters, themed around the 7 deadly sins and each different level representing a different sin (Mostly because of the punny name I came up with for this idea: The Sinsects). Another thing I've settled on is rather than having a specific progression like regular LV monsters, the Sinsects can upgrade to any of the possible next stages. So for instance when you upgrade one of the LV6s, you have a choice to upgrade to either one f the LV9s rather than having to always upgrade to a specific monster.

Beyond that, the effects aren't really final and mostly just a test of the concept.

[Spoiler=Example cards]

291kdo6.png

Sinsect LV3 Pride

DARK/Insect/R 3/ATK 1800/DEF 1500

2 level 3 Monsters
When this card attacks or is attacked, you can attach 1 "Sinsect" Monster from your field or graveyard to this card as an Xyz material. During your Standby Phase, if this card has 3 or more Xyz materials attached to it, you can Xyz Summon 1 "Sinsect LV6" Monster using this card and its materials as the Xyz material.

28clkrq.png
Sinsect LV6 Wrath
DARK/Insect/R 6/ATK 2400/DEF 1800
3 level 6 Monsters
This card can also be Xyz Summoned by the effect of a "Sinsect" Xyz Monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card to increase its ATK by 600 until the end of your Battle Phase. When this card destroys an opponent's Monster as a result of battle, attach the destroyed monster to this card as an Xyz material instead. During your Standby Phase, if this card has 4 or more Xyz materials attached to it, you can Xyz Summon 1 "Sinsect LV9" Monster using this card and its materials as the Xyz material.

[/spoiler]

Grammar probably isn't correct in a lot of places, but these two are just sort of rough drafts.

I like a lot of Voltex's suggestions though, particularly the idea of transforming warriors. Depending on how well the Sinsects turn out, I may end up making another set of Xyz LV monsters that use some of those ideas! I may end up altering this archetype to use "RK" instead of LV then tweaking the gap between ranks to be supportable by Rank-up spells, thus removing the issue of being able to upgrade too quickly by having both LV support and Rank-up support. Then the second archetype of the transforming warriors could be made to allow for LV support but not Rank-up, possibly? Starting to get ideas out the wazoo now already :P

I have an idea for an archetype I like to call Infernelfin's but currently when I try to type out their effects it is too long and mostly consists of the same couple of effects for each monster, so I could really use some help in determining how to shorten their effects.

Information I already have on them includes the following:

- All monsters in this archetype are Level 3 Fire Fairy-Type monsters and most have 200 Defense (so they can have synergy with Firedog and Rekindling) while others have higher Defense depending on their effects.

- The Infernelfin monsters cannot be Normal Summoned or Set and can only be Special Summoned either by their own effects or the effects of other cards.

- They can be Special Summoned from your hand during your Main Phase 1 by revealing 1 other Infernelfin monster in your hand and placing it on top of your Deck, but the original Attack of the Special Summoned monster becomes 0.

- You can only Special Summon 1 monster this way per turn but only during your turn.

(This is where the main gimmick of the archetype comes in.)

- The monster can attack directly from your hand. While you control at least 1 Infernelfin monster, you can reveal 1 Infernelfin monster from your hand to inflict damage to your opponent, any damage inflicted this way is treated as Direct Damage and is equal to half the original Attack of the monster revealed. This effect can only be activated up to twice during your Battle Phase but you cannot reveal the same monster twice.

- If this effect is activated, any monsters (either Infernelfin or any other monster) you control cannot attack during the current Battle Phase.

- Most of the monsters have an effect where you can reveal them in your hand as well as pay a small cost in order to negate an effect/Summon, or to destroy a card on the field. While others have effects based on when they are put on top of the Deck and can add a monster, Special Summon another Infernelfin, and other effects.

An example monster I created is Infernelfin Will o' Wisp:

Infernelfin Will o' Wisp

Fairy-Type/FIRE

Level 3

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. During your Main Phase 1: This card can be Special Summoned (from your hand) by placing 1 other "Infernelfin" monster in your hand on top of your Deck, but it's original ATK becomes 0. You can only Special Summon 1 "Infernelfin" monster this way per turn. This card can attack directly from your hand by revealing this card and paying 500 Life Points; any damage inflicted is halved. You must control a face-up "Infernelfin" monster to activate this effect, and you can only use this effect twice per Battle Phase. If this card is placed on top of your Deck by a card effect: You can destroy 1 face-up card your opponent controls. When this face-up card is destroyed (either by battle or card effect): You can add 1 "Infernelfin" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use either effect of "Infernelfin Will o' Wisp" once per turn, and only once that turn. 

I'd really like some help in figuring out a way to make their mutual effects work while making the effect description smaller. I'd also like to know if this is an okay idea or not, or even if it can be abused or is overpowered at all.

Technically you can't. By card mechanics, Tokens are always Normal monsters and when they have an effect usually it's because the card that created them placed a lingering effect on them.

However, you can simulate Ignition Effects by giving the card that created the Token an Ignition Effect that uses that Token (in this case Tributes it), which can be activated on the field, graveyard or even banished if you want. For instance:

If this card is on the field or in your Graveyard: You can Tribute X Token; [insert effect here].

I'm not real familiar with Gundam, but you could just make the main characters as Main Deck stuff, then have them utilize their Equip Cards/"armor" to do things (i.e. destroy cards on the field, burn, multiple strike, etc)

That being said, if you choose to make them Level 5-8, you'll need to have a way that you can Special Summon them [or in other words, make getting them out easier].

---

On a secondary note, working on an Archetype designed to supplement Saffira (though factoring in the support Dragons already got, there will be a few Wyrms in there). Planning to make a counterpart for her as well (gets it own Ritual and separate effects; probably going to draw it manually since Google Images suck)

Basically design stuff that can set up Rituals quicker and do a bunch of other things.

Or alternatively, design an Archetype based on Hawaiian mythology. (I had posted the name of one of the cards I plan to make in that thread in Games, but some new member royally screwed it up.)

I don't think I'll have too many problems with the effects, though given the usage of long vowels in the names [I don't think I'll need to write the ʻokina too much], the cardmaker won't be able to write it [May need to use the circumflexed vowels; cardmaker CAN support those characters].

More or less, the boss monsters are Synchro Monsters named after the three highest deities (there's actually 4, but that one is more or less associated with the "leader" as a singular). Not sure about the lower ones, considering Wikipedia lacks much info on them, but probably smaller Synchro.

Any ideas/suggestions on how to design either of them? (I had better refer to my HWST 107 notes for the second idea)

I'm not real familiar with Gundam, but you could just make the main characters as Main Deck stuff, then have them utilize their Equip Cards/"armor" to do things (i.e. destroy cards on the field, burn, multiple strike, etc)

That being said, if you choose to make them Level 5-8, you'll need to have a way that you can Special Summon them [or in other words, make getting them out easier].

Huh, that's a good way to do it. I didn't think of actually making the Pilots as the monsters and the Gundam themselves as the equip cards. I was thinking of something along the lines of an unmanned Mobile Suit, but your idea works too. Thank you. Now, do you have any ideas as to how I should implement effects once the Gundam is actually equipped? Does something like a Quick-Play spell that can only be activated when there is a monster equipped with a Gundam and does a certain effect sound good?

Sorry I can't actually help out with your card ideas. I suck with realistic cards and I end up doing something that's already been done, just worded differently.

@Murasame: It could be the other way around as well: big Machine-type monsters, and Equip Spell "pilots" that can be equipped to them. Going for Unions instead of Equip Spells is an option too; actually, they might be a better choice as they would allow you to make both the mobile suits and the pilots as monsters.

Regardless if you go for Equips or Unions, I strongly suggest that you give them floating effects, or generate advantage somehow. Normally, Equips and Unions are considered bad because they become a -1 after the equipped monster is removed form the field. Floating effects would greatly help with compensating the losses. Notice how the most relevant Equips either float (Supervise and that Qliphort Equip), re-equip themselves for free (Noble Arms) or behave as reborns (Galaxy Zero, Gagagarevenge and Spellbook of Life).

Another idea for further supporting the deck it to make a card that allows you to equip cards straight from the deck. Considering how the metagame has evolved while Equips/Unions were more or less left behind (except for Noble Knights), I think that such effect would be fair. And Konami just did something similar with that new Dragunity support Spell.

@Sakura: If you are going for a Ritual archetype, I suggest to allow the Ritual Spell to Ritual Summon the monster from the deck. Really, that perks helps a lot and I wouldn't call it overpowered since it would turn the Ritual Summon into a -1 at worst, not too different to the standard 2-material Synchro/Xyz Summon. Also, don't forget to add a second effect on the Ritual Spell, following the trend of the "modern" Ritual Spells.

Now, if you are going for a Saffira counterpart/support, perhaps you could take a chaos approach? Your Ritual Monster could be a DARK that encourages milling, or it could be a miller itself. Then, you could run cards such as Djinns, a TGU-Scarm engine to set the former in the grave faster, which can later be used for a +0 Saffira Ritual Summon. Also, the DARK Saffira would be able to mill LIGHTs to trigger Saffira's effect. So, basically, the basic idea would be:

Ritual Summon the DARK Saffira from the deck

Mill Djinns with its effect

Ritual Summon Saffira

Continue generating advantange by potentially milling LIGHTs with the DARK Saffira.

Regarding the Hawaiian Synchros, since they are deities, perhaps you could go for 3-material Synchros, similar to the Nordic Synchros? Except that the monsters used for the Synchro Summons would be able to generate advantage to pay off the cost of a 3-material Synchro; think of a Synchro version of the Seraph archetype.

I was ideally going for 3-mat Synchros for the main ones (and filling up the Attributes the Aesirs didn't use); the smaller (or relatively less important gods) can be 2-mat Level 8s or something. Finding pics might be a pain in the neck though, but Written Cards is always there.

As for the Saffira counterpart, that could work.

Mmmm... interested...

You are welcome to browse through my deviantART gallery (link in signature) to see examples of new templates I have made. And if you like what you see and have an idea for a new type you are more then welcome to contact me through PM :)

Since this thread is inside "Experimental Cards" I'm a little bit confused: Can one ask for help to create a new type of cards? 

If the answer is yes, I can help by creating HD templates for their new types.

Yes, you can ask for help with designing new subtypes in this thread (outside of Synchro / Fusion / Ritual / Xyz / Pendulum, etc); in addition to other RC-related things.

I have an idea for a machine-type archetype/set called Hyper-Unit. My first idea was rank 8 spam but changed my mind due to the amount of good rank 8s already out the basic combo starter was Hyper-Unit Duei who when normal summoned special summoned a Hyper unit from your grave. I ditched that Idea and can't think of a focus for them now.

I had an idea for an Archetype, but I am not really sure what to call it yet, anyone have an idea on what I could call it?

On all monsters:

Both players must Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck in Defense Position.

Field Spell Card:

If you control a "Archetype name here" monster, negate the effects of Attack Position monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck.

The idea then is that the Archetype's monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck prefer being in Defense Position, kind of like Superheavy Samurai, and unless your opponent doesn't plan on attacking, their effects will be negated.

Archived