Planning Thread for Card Ideas

Flash Flyer - Sakura

If you want to see these in action, Duel Portal might be a neat place to try stuff out. It allows for custom types and images, and as long as you explain what the Types do, someone might be willing to play with you.

My first impressions is how complex this Sub-Type is. There are so many specific rules and quirks inherent to them, that I'm pretty sure that I haven't absorbed them all even on my second read through. A suggestion would be to remove any mechanics which aren't essential to the theming of it, especially as you have Nightmare and Daydreamer monsters in addition. This is more than any YGO player has seen been introduced at once, and I think, while the idea is alright (PINK cards are certainly original), in order to get other people into it, you might have to simplify it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to see these in action, Duel Portal might be a neat place to try stuff out. It allows for custom types and images, and as long as you explain what the Types do, someone might be willing to play with you.

My first impressions is how complex this Sub-Type is. There are so many specific rules and quirks inherent to them, that I'm pretty sure that I haven't absorbed them all even on my second read through. A suggestion would be to remove any mechanics which aren't essential to the theming of it, especially as you have Nightmare and Daydreamer monsters in addition. This is more than any YGO player has seen been introduced at once, and I think, while the idea is alright (PINK cards are certainly original), in order to get other people into it, you might have to simplify it.

My idea was to make a completely original and unique custom card type (something that borrows elements from Pendulum and Xyz mostly), though I'll admit that it's a bit tricky to try and pitch something like this. I should also point out a fault in your wording: while Nightmare Monsters are considered their own separate cards like Synchro Monsters and Dark Synchro Monsters, Daydreamer Monsters, on the other hand, are much more like a Monster Subtype like Tuners or Gemini; they're still Dreamer Monsters, but just have unique properties to them. My biggest error was most likely not properly demonstrating their usefulness. 

I'm going to use Lullaby Jester (a Dreamer-Pendulum) as an example; Scale 7, Nebula 2, DARK, Spellcaster-Type, ATK/ 50, DEF/ 1040 [as previously stated, ALL Dreamer Monsters have ATK and DEF count by 10, leading to monsters with stats similar to more odd-one-out cards like Castle of Dark Illusion or Reaper of the Cards].

Lullaby Jester's Effect: "This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand if you control no Dreamer Monsters in your Spell/Trap Zone. When this card is successfully Summoned, add 1 'Lullaby Scepter' [one of 5 "Lullaby Artifacts" used similarly to Exodia pieces to summon a Dreamer Boss monster, 'The Slumbering Lullaby King'] from your Deck to your Hand; shuffle your Deck. This card can only be destroyed by a Dreamer or Synchro Monster (all battle damage involving this card is reduced to 0)."

Pendulum Effect: "Both players draw 2 cards per Draw Phase (as long as this card remains in the Pendulum Zone)."

This is probably a better example of a Dreamer Monster (since, like Synchros, Fusions, Xyz, etc., Dreamer Monsters can be Normal Monsters or Effect Monsters), and ties in with the Dreamer-exclusive "Promised Land" archetype: Promised Land Piper (Nebula 0, LIGHT, Spellcaster-Type, ATK/ 90, DEF/ 550)

Dream Summon Condition: 2 LIGHT Spellcaster-Type Monsters

Effect: "Negate the effect of all Spell Cards on your opponent's side of the field. If your opponent activates a Spell Card on your turn; negate its effect, and if you do, destroy it. [basically trying to be 'Jinzo' for Spells instead of Traps]. This card cannot be targetted by battle as long as another Spellcaster-Type Monster is on the field (except 'Promised Land Piper')."

The Dreamer mechanic is a little hard to work with, admittedly, but I'm confident that, with a little bit of polish, it can be made into an amazing way to turn the tide in your favor. So, here's the summary for playing Dreamer Monsters (and, to a lesser extent, Nightmare Monsters which can be seen as their literal opposites): 

Strengths: 

-Can be played in the Spell/Trap Zone as a backup Monster Zone (similar to the Seal of Orichalcos, with the same rules of cannot attack/be attacked if a monster is in front of them).

-Dreamer Monsters in the Spell/Trap Zone can be moved to the Main Monster Zone if there's nothing in front of them.

-Can be played in the Main Deck rather the Extra Deck.

-Sleep Materials are sent to the Graveyard, and some Monsters' effects will actually allow their Sleep Materials to be re-summoned to the field or even shuffled back into the Deck.

-Dreamer Monsters (except Pendulum-Dreamers) are sent to the bottom of your Deck when destroyed unless banished; Pendulum-Dreamers still go to the Extra Deck.

-Daydreamer Monsters, which are Dreamer Monsters that are treated as Effect Monsters with a Level equal to their Nebula (Nebula 0 Dreamers are just treated as Level 1), are able to circumvent the 3 Dreamer Monsters per field rule (though they're returned to your hand if this effect is negated). What's even better is, because their Nebula becomes a Level, it means that Dreamer Monsters can be used for Synchro and Xyz Summons.

-Like Xyz Monsters' Ranks, Dreamer Monsters have Nebulas instead of Levels and--like Xyz and Link Monsters--are immune to cards that specify Levels.

-Because Dreamers' Sleep Material traditionally refers only to Type and/or Attribute, this means--provided you have the resources on your field--you can chain multiple Dream Summons to swarm the field or get out your powerful boss monsters.

Weaknesses:

-This ability ends up limiting Spell/Trap Zone usage, and leaves backrow monsters susceptible to the same weaknesses as Trap Cards and can even have their effects negated by cards like 'Jinzo', which can be crippling to Daydreamers.

-This can only be done with one Dreamer Monster per turn, during your Main Phase 2 only.

-Most Sleep Materials are "Erased" (read: banished from GY) to activate effects, similar to Overlay Units on Xyz Monsters but with a greater cost.

-Sleep Materials are usually Attribute and/or Type Specific, depending on the card.

-Dreamer's unique method of recycling is only useful to Decks that have a lot of cards that involve shuffling your Deck. Otherwise, it's rendered useless.

-WIthout specific cards or Daydreamer Monsters, both players can only have 3 Dreamer Monsters on their field at a time, and are virtually worthless unless your Deck is filled with nothing but Daydreamers or mixed in with non-Dreamers; Nightmare Monsters have the same 3 per field rule, but they're not counted as Dreamers and lack a counterpart to Daydreamers.

-As stated above, Nightmare Monsters aren't considered Dreamers and therefore cannot trigger a Daydreamer Monsters effect when in play.

-Because Nightmare Monsters are printed upside down, there's no Pendulum-Nightmare Monsters. Furthermore, Nightmare Monsters can never be LIGHT monsters.

https://sta.sh/01nzwq3fyacn (I'm going to link to a sample of the Dreamer/Pendulum-Dreamer Monster cards, which also includes their new Attribute DREAM and the Nebula power indicator)

My idea was to make a completely original and unique custom card type (something that borrows elements from Pendulum and Xyz mostly)

Sure you don't want to be borrowing from other card Types in order to make something original and unique?

I really suggest you post this idea and sort it out in the Experimental cards section. I stand by what I said considering the amount of exceptions and quirks your monsters have dwarf Links and even Pendulums, and that when designing a custom card Type you need to create something that is fun to play and to use. A whole bunch of rules are easy to implement in a computer program, but make playing them a chore. Even though the amount of flavour you have is staggering, some effects, such as placing them on the Bottom of the Deck and allowing them to be SSd but becoming effect monsters just seem like afterthoughts.

But yeah, probably best to get some outside opinion. Most people don't frequent this thread, and by making a new thread in said section would allow people to actually see that you've come up with something.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought of the concept of a lnk monster that only points upward and negatively affects the monsters it point to.

i just could think of a theme for said card.

Link: Up, Top left, Top right.

The monsters this card points to have their effects negated and can't declare attacks.

This card gains the effects of the monster this card points to.

Looks like a solid theme to start with. Although it has already been approached with cards like Akashic Magician and World Chalice Imduk. The effect-gaining effect could be overpowering, but that depends on how feasible will be to Summon the monster.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys xD I'm pretty new to Yugioh, but lately i been doing custom cards for my rp. I made an Xyz card, but idk if it's balanced. So anything wrong or need to be fixed for this one?

2 Level 8 "Void-Eyes" monster.

This card can only be Xyz Summoned from the banished zone. When this card is Xyz Summoned, flip all face-up cards your opponent controls face-down. Then inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card flipped by this effect. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each of your banished "Void-Eyes" monsters. Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, attach the negated card to this card as Xyz Material.

2 Level 8 "Void-Eyes" monster.

Must be Xyz Summoned while it is currently banished. If this card is Xyz Summoned: Flip all face-up cards your opponent controls face-down, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card flipped by this effect. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each of your banished "Void-Eyes" monsters. Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, attach the negated card to this card as material.

Bolded are general fixes, but aside from the first part, everything else is minor. 

Then again, I'm a bit uncertain on how you're actually summoning it while banished. At the moment, banished zone isn't a thing (despite whatever Draco said for AGM), so... That, and unless we know what the Void-Eyes monsters do [and this card's stats], it's hard to determine if what it has is technically broken or not.

For now, it seems fine. 

Some people say the gameplay of void-eyes is a merge between GK, monarch, and dragon's ruler. Since they use banish as advantage, technically, XD the banished zone becomes my hand, while my Hand becomes a cost for special summoning them. Most effect activates in banished zone

[spoiler=Stuff]

Archetype Name: Gehenna

• Monsters: Princes/Rulers/Usurpers/(Extra Deck Variants) of Gehenna

• Spells: Gates of Gehenna

• This deck is meant to synergize well with banishing spells (pot of acq.), and graveyard recovery spells.

• Traps: Oaths of Gehenna

• I plan on including more traps for enhanced card protection, but honestly that seems like it would make the archetype a little too overpowered. I may need to tone down the strength of some traps or at least add costs/increase costs.

The inspiration for the Archetype: True Draco, Crystal Beasts, Lightsworns, Nekroz, Dragon Rulers, etc. (Spells + Traps, I might add a Weak Version of Master Peace to complete this deck but I think Lucifer, Imitator of Miracles serves as a Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon like Boss Monster already).

Engine:

• Cycles around the milling/drawing ability, through the graveyard and banishing zone, of spells and traps. These same spells and traps have some drawbacks in that they may have a damage or discard cost, but when played in groups they have incredible synergy that allows for rapid milling and searching through the graveyard/banished zone. These same spells and traps also have some other advantages, being in the form of protection and graveyard-triggered effects. These spells, which are designed to mill and search, synergize with the level 4 base monsters to rapidly bring out boards that can pull rank 4’s or LINKs for bigger plays. The effects of the level 4’s can offer protection and in some cases huge draw power, so they do heighten the archetype’s overall flexibility; providing a solid board without the extra deck. Still, the focus of the deck is to bring out the unique extra deck monsters. All of these extra deck monsters have effects that work well independently, but they are significantly enhanced with the support of others; offering boards that can lock opponents or OTK.

Extra Deck Monsters:

1. Lucifer, Imitator of Miracles (Almuric + MAX) ← Card Art Finished

• Type/Attribute: [FIEND/SYNCHRO/EFFECT] DARK

• Card Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 DARK Fiend-Type Non-Tuner Synchro Monsters. Neither player can target this card with monster effects. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; it gains 500 ATK/DEF. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this activation. Once per turn, when another monster’s effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that monster, and if you do that this card gains ATK equal to the destroyed monster’s original ATK until the end of this turn. You can discard 2 cards to the Graveyard, then target 2 cards your opponent controls; return those cards to the hand. You can only use this effect of “Lucifer, Imitator of Miracles” once per turn. You can banish this card during your opponent’s Main Phase, until the End Phase. This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Level: 12

• Attack: 3800

• Defense: 4200

1. Heylel, Vassal of Iniquity (Heylel + MAX) ← Card Art Finished

• Card Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 DARK Fiend-Type Non-Tuner Monster. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target, and if it was face-up, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK it had on the field. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each card on the field. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. Each effect of “Heylel, Vassel of Iniquity” can only be activated once per turn. This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Level: 8

• Attack: 2700

• Defense: 2300

1. Amaymon, King of Asmodai (Heylel + 1) ← Card Art Finished

• Card Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 DARK Fiend-Type Non-Tuner Monster. During either player’s turn: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card; that target has its effects negated, until the next Standby Phase. You can only use this effect of “Amaymon, King of Asmodai” once per turn. This card gains 300 ATK for every “Gehenna” monster in your Banished Zone, and 300 DEF for every “Gehenna” monster in your Graveyard. This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Attack: 2500

• Defense: 2500

1. Belphegor, Fury of Chaos (Hindrafial + MAX) ← Card Art Finished

• Type/Attribute: [FIEND/XYZ/EFFECT] DARK

• Card Effect: 2 Level 4 Monsters. If a “Gehenna” monster you control would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, attach 1 “Gehenna” monster from your Banished Zone as Xyz Material (if possible). This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Attack: 1800

• Defense: 2300

1. Malphas, Principal of Agony (Grymdrag + MAX) ← Card Art Finished

• Type/Attribute: FIEND/XYZ/EFFECT] DARK

• Card Effect: 2 level 5 monsters. You can also Xyz summon this card using a rank 4 “Gehenna” Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn, during either player’s turn, if you sent 1 or more cards to the Graveyard: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; it is flipped face-down till that player’s next End Phase, and if it is; inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard; You can set 1 “Gehenna” Spell/Trap Card on the field face-down. This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Attack: 2600

• Defense: 1700

1. Vine, Seer of Deception (Eisengrim +3)

• Type/Attribute: [FIEND/LINK/EFFECT] DARK

• Card Effect: 2+ “Gehenna” Monsters. If a monster this card points to is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can add 1 “Gehenna” monster from your Deck to your hand. If a monster this card points to is banished: You can add 1 “Gehenna” Spell/Trap Card from your deck to your hand. If this monster is sent to the GY: You can banish 2 Gehenna Effect Monsters in your Graveyard. This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Link: 4 (Compass Set)

• Attack: 2400

2. Iscaron, Deity of Anarchy (Mordred + 1) ← Card Art Finished

• Card Effect: 2 Level 8 DARK monsters

• This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects while it has Xyz Material. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy it. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card, or another monster's effect, is activated: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Attack: 2950

• Defense: 2250

1. Alphard, Hegemon of the Parallel World (Luca + 3) ← Card Art Finished

• Card Effect: 3 Level 8 DARK monsters

• You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Gehenna" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material, except "Alphard, Hegemon of the Parallel World". (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Once per turn: You can target up to 2 Cards in Spell & Trap Zone; attach them to this card as Xyz Materials. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 face-up banished card you control; shuffle it into the deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Defense: 3000

1. Baal, Brimsmith of Gehenna (Balor + 2) ← Card Art Finished

• Card Effect: 2 Level 8 “Gehenna” monsters.

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can attach 1 face-up “Gehenna” Monster from

your Banished Zone to this card as material. “Gehenna” Monsters you control cannot be

destroyed by monster effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card,

then target monsters your opponent controls, equal to the number of “Gehenna”

monsters you control; destroy them. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed: You

can place 1 “Gehenna” tuner on the top of your Deck. This card is treated as a

“Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Defense: 2100

1. Fenrir, Grim of Ragnarok (Rahu + 4)

• Card Effect: 1 DARK Fiend-Type Tuner + 1 Non-Tuner monster. When Special Summoned, Trap effects cannot be activated. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned from the Graveyard or Banished Zone: Send it to the GY, and if you do, gain 500 LP for each “Gehenna Gate” in your Graveyard. If a monster(s) is Normal Summoned to your opponent’s field in Attack Position: That monster(s) loses 1000 ATK, then if its ATK has been reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it. This card is treated as a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Level: 7

• Attack: 2300

1. Geryon, Challenger of Three Worlds (Geryon + 4)

• Card Effect: 1 DARK Fiend-Type Tuner + 2 DARK Fiend-Type Monsters.

• When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can banish up to 1 card each from your

hand, field, and GY. (The card in the hand is chosen at random.)

• Once per turn: You can tribute 1 monster you control; and banish 1 monster from your

opponent’s Extra Deck, face-down.

• Once per turn: At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle: you can target 1 card in your opponent’s GY; banish it, face-down.

• If a card your opponent owns and possesses is banished face-down while you control

this card (except during the Damage Step): You can banish cards from the top of your

opponent’s deck, face-down, equal to their face-down banished cards. You can only use

this effect of “Geryon, Challenger of Three Worlds” once per turn. This card is treated as

a “Gehenna” monster while on the field or in the Graveyard.

• Level: 9

• Defense: 2000

Monster 1: Prometheus, Gehenna Prince of Pestilence

• Type/Attribute: [FIEND/TUNER/EFFECT] DARK

• Card Effect: If this card is in your Banished Zone: You can shuffle 1 card from your Graveyard into the Deck; Special Summon this card. You can only use this effect of “Prometheus, Gehenna Prince of Pestilence” once per Duel.

• Level: 4

• Defense: 400

Monster 2: Azazel, Gehenna Prince of Impurity

• Type/Attribute: [FIEND/TUNER/EFFECT] DARK

• Card Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 “Gehenna” monster you control that has a Level, except “Azazel, Gehenna Prince of Impurity”, and declare a level from 1 to 8; it becomes that Level until the end of this turn, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except “Gehenna” monsters.

Monster 3: Belias, Gehenna Prince of Vanity

• Type/Attribute: [FIEND/EFFECT] DARK

• Card Effect: You must have this many “Gehenna” cards on your field to activate and resolve these effects. • 1+: Any effect that would inflict to damage to you does no damage. • 2+: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. • 3+: During either player’s turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can send 1 “Gehenna” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. • 4+: Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can draw 1 card. • 5+: Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can move 1 banished  “Gehenna” monster to the Graveyard.

Monster 4: Astaroth, Gehenna Prince of Heresy

• Card Effect: If this card is Normal Summoned: Shuffle all banished “Gehenna” cards into the deck. This card gains 100 DEF for each card shuffled into the Main Deck by this effect. If this card is banished: Each player banishes 2 cards from the top of their Deck (or their entire Deck, if less than 2).

• Level: 3

• Attack: 1300

• Defense: 800

Monster 5: Abbadon, Gehenna Prince of Discord

• Card Effect: Send 1 monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, then you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, banish 1 card from your Graveyard, except that monster. You can only use this effect of “Abbadon, Gehenna Prince of Discord” once per turn.

Monster 6: Asmodeus, Gehenna Prince of Vengeance

• Card Effect: (Quick Effect): Target 2 monsters in your Graveyard; banish both. Immediately after this effect resolves, Target a “Gehenna” card in your Banished zone; shuffle it into the deck. Return this card to the bottom of the Deck. The effect of “Asmodeus, Gehenna Prince of Vengeance” can only be used once per turn.

• Level: 3

• Attack: 1300

• Defense: 800

Monster 7: Carreau, Gehenna Prince of Obscenity

• Card Effect: You can only use each of the effects of “Carreau, Gehenna Prince of Obscenity” once per turn.

• • You can discard this card; add 1 “Gehenna” monster from your deck to your hand, except “Carreau, Gehenna Prince of Obscenity”.

• • You can target 1 face-up Effect Monster on the field that was Special Summoned; negate its effect till your End Phase.

Monster 8: Pythius, Gehenna Prince of Falsity

• Card Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can activate 1 of these effects; only 1 effect of “Pythius, Gehenna Prince of Falsity” can be used per turn.

• • You can destroy Spell/Trap Cards on the field, up to the number of “Gehenna” monsters you control, except this card.

• • Send 1 “Gehenna” monster from your deck to the Graveyard and add 1 “Gehenna” monster from your Banished Zone to your hand.

Monster 9: Rosier, Gehenna Prince of Dominion

• Card Effect: You can only use each of the effects of “Rosier, Gehenna Prince of Dominion” once per turn.

• • You can discard this card; add 1 “Gehenna” Spell/Trap Card from your deck to hand.

• • During either player’s turn: You can discard this card, then target 1 “Gehenna” monster you control; it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects this turn.

Monster 10: Mammon, Gehenna Ruler of Temptation

• Card Effect: To Tribute Summon this card face-up, you can Tribute a Continuous Spell/Trap Card you control, instead of a monster. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect while you control this Tribute Summoned monster: You can take 1 “Gehenna Gate” Continuous Spell Card from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or set it on the field. If this card is sent from the Monster Zone to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Spell in your Banished Zone, set that card.

• Level: 5

• Attack: 2000

• Defense: 2000

Monster 11: Leviathan, Gehenna Ruler of Accusation

• Card Effect: To Tribute Summon this card face-up, you can Tribute a Continuous Spell/Trap Card you control, instead of a monster. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect while you control this Tribute Summoned monster: You can take 1 “Gehenna Oath” Trap Card from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or set it on the field. If this card is sent from the Monster Zone to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Trap in your Banished Zone, set that card.

• Attack: 2600

• Defense: 1400

Monster 12: Beelzebub, Gehenna Ruler of Hate

• Card Effect: To Tribute Summon this card face-up, you can Tribute a Continuous Spell/Trap Card you control, instead of a monster. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect while you control this Tribute Summoned monster: You can add 1 “Gehenna” monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent from the Monster Zone to the Graveyard: You can target 1 “Gehenna” monster in your Banished Zone, special summon that banished monster.

• Attack: 2400

• Defense: 1600

Monster 13: Samael, Form of Gehenna’s Usurper

• Card Effect: Cannot be Special Summoned/Set unless listed. This card’s Normal Summon cannot be negated. Can be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 8 or more monsters in your Banished Zone, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish a total of 2 DARK and/or Fiend-Type monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard, except this card. During either player’s Battle Step, when this card battles an opponent’s monster: You can target the monster this card is battling; banish both the opponent’s monster and 1 “Gehenna” monster you control. At the end of the Battle Phase, return any monsters banished by this effect to the field, and if the other monster was a Special Summoned monster, this card gains 300 DEF for each level it had when it was banished. During the End Phase, if this card is in the Banished Zone because it was sent there this turn: You can Special Summon one level 8 or lower “Gehenna” monster from your Graveyard.

• Defense: 3000

Monster 14: Gamaliel, Form of Gehenna’s Usurper

• Card Effect: Cannot be Special Summoned/Set unless listed.This card’s Normal Summon cannot be negated. Can be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 8 or more monsters in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways, unless listed. You can discard this card AND 1 Fiend-Type or DARK monster; special summon 2 “Gehenna” monsters from your deck. These monsters cannot attack this turn. Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls in face-up Attack Position; banish this card and flip that card face down till your next Standby Phase; upon which this card is returned and that card is flipped in face-up Attack Position. If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 2 “Gehenna Ruler” monsters; Special Summon this card.

• Attack: 3000

Monster 15: Lilith, Princess of Night

• Card/Effect: If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can activate 1 of these effects. You can only use this effect of “Lilith, Princess of Night” once per turn.
    • Target 1 “Gehenna” monster in your Graveyard: add it to your hand
    • Shuffle 1 face-up “Gehenna” monster from your Banished Zone into your Deck.

• Attack: 400

• Defense: 1800

Spell: Gehenna Gate: Exquisite Malevolence

• Type: Field

• Effect:

• Battle damage to the controller of a “Gehenna" monster from a battle involving that “Gehenna” monster is halved. The first time each Tribute or Normal Summoned "Gehenna" monster would be destroyed by battle or effect each turn, it is not destroyed. Once per turn: You can banish 1 card in your hand or from your deck, and if you do, add 1 "Gehenna" card from your Deck to your hand.

• You can only use the effect of “Gehenna Gate: Exquisite Malevolence” once per turn.

Spell: Gehenna Gate: Barriers of Illusion

• Type: Continuous

• Effect:

• During your End Phase, if you discarded a Monster Card to the Graveyard because of a Spell/Trap card, you can Special Summon 1 of monster from your Graveyard with a level less than or equal to the discarded monster.

• During your opponent’s Main Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, target 2 monsters (1 on each side of the field); banish those targets face-down (even if this card leaves the field). Return those targets to the field at the End Phase; the Monster Zones cannot be filled in their absence.

• You can only use the effect of “Gehenna Gate: Barriers of Illusion” once per turn.

Spell: Gehenna Gate: Final Memory

• Type: Quick-Play

• Effect:

• Remove from play 1 monster from your Graveyard. 1 face-up “Gehenna” monster you control gains ATK and DEF equal to that monster’s ATK and DEF, until the End Phase of this turn.

• You can only use the effect of “Gehenna Gate: Final Memory” once per turn.

Spell: Gehenna Gate: Utopian Ministry

• Effect:

• During your Main Phase: You can discard 1 “Gehenna” card from your hand, and if you do, you can target 2 “Gehenna” cards in your Banished Zone and shuffle them into the Deck.

• During your Main Phase: You can target 1 “Gehenna” monster card you control, it gains ATK and DEF equal to its level x100.

• You can only use each effect of “Gehenna Gate: Utopian Ministry” once per turn.

Spell: Gehenna Gate: Nefarious Vow

• Effect:

• If this card is sent from the Spell & Trap Zone to the Banished Zone; You can target 1 face-up monster; destroy it, and if you do, take 500 damage.

• During your Main Phase: You can add 1 “Gehenna” monster from your Banished Zone to your hand.

• Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: send 1 card from your Deck to the Graveyard.

• You can only use this effect of “Gehenna Gate: Nefarious Vow” once per turn.

Spell: Gehenna Gate: Deposition and Liberation

• Type: Normal

• Effect:

• Special Summon 2 “Gehenna Tokens” (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 1800/DEF 0) in Defense Position. These Tokens cannot attack or be used as Fusion Material. You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card, except for DARK monsters. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Take 1000 damage.

• You can only use the effect of “Gehenna Gate: Deposition and Liberation” once per turn.

Spell: Gehenna Gate: Tender Punition

• Type: Quick-Play

• Effect:

Spell: Gehenna Gate: Destined Parity

• Type: Normal

• Effect:

• When an opponent’s Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated that inflicts damage to you while you control a “Gehenna” monster(s): Declare a number between 1-12; each player flips a coin, and if both are Heads, the effects of your opponent’s face-up cards are negated. If both are Tails, you lose Life Points equal to the number declared by your opponent. You must flip until either case is met.

• The effect of “Gehenna Gate: Destined Parity” can only be used once per turn.

Trap: Gehenna Oath: Invoked Catharsis

• Type: Counter

• Effect:

• When a Spell/Trap card is activated, and you have at least 1 face-up monster in your Banished Zone: Negate the activation, and if you do, return it to the hand, then, if you control a face-up “Gehenna Ruler”, you can activate 1 Spell/Trap card from your deck.

• You can only use the effect of “Gehenna Oath: Invoked Catharsis” once per turn.

Trap: Gehenna Oath: Homage and Dignity

• Effect:

• If this card is sent from the Spell & Trap Zone to the Graveyard; You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap card; flip it face-down until that player’s next End Phase.

• You can target 1 “Gehenna” Spell/Trap Card, or monster, you  control; banish it, and if you do, the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls are negated (even if this card leaves the field).

• You can only use the effect of “Gehenna Oath: Homage and Dignity” once per turn.

Trap: Gehenna Oath: Avidity and Apathy

• Effect:

• If this card is sent from the Spell & Trap Zone to the Graveyard: You can target 1 face-up Effect monster on the field; flip it face-down until that player’s next End Phase.

• During your opponent’s Main Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, target 1 “Gehenna” monster in your graveyard; Banish it face-down, and if you do, draw 1 card.

• You can only use the effect of “Gehenna Oath: Avidity and Apathy” once per turn.

Trap: Gehenna Oath: Ego and Virtue

• Effect:

• You can target 2 “Gehenna” cards in your GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

• During your opponent’s Main Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, target 1 face-up Spell/Trap on the field; flip it face down till that player’s next End Phase.

• Once per turn, during your End Phase: Take 500 damage.

• You can only use each effect of “Gehenna Oath: Ego and Virtue” once per turn.

Trap: Gehenna Oath: Spear of Incandescence

• Effect:

• During your opponent’s Battle Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, negate the activation of up to 2 Spell/Trap Card, or monster effects, that are activated prior to or during the Damage Step. This effect is not limited to negation strictly during or prior to the Damage Step but can include the negation of a total number of separate effects, during or before the damage step, totaling 2.

• During your opponent’s Main Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, target 1 other “Gehenna” card you control; destroy it, and if you do, the ATK/DEF of all face-up monsters your opponent controls become half their current ATK/DEF (even if this card leaves the field).

• You can only use each effect of “Gehenna Oath: Spear of Incandescence” once per turn.

Trap: Gehenna Oath: Hateful Genesis

• Card Effect: Banish 1 “Gehenna” Spell/Trap Card from your field, other than this card, and Banish 1 of your opponent’s cards in the Spell & Trap zone. If this card is in your banished zone, you can shuffle it into your Graveyard, and if you do, you can add 1 “Gehenna” Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand.

Trap: Gehenna Oath: Reluctant Glory

• Card Effect:

• You can target 1 monster on the field; send 1 “Gehenna Oath” or “Gehenna Gate” from your hand to your Graveyard, and if you do, return that target to hand.

• If this card is sent from the Spell & Trap Zone to the Graveyard: You can target 1 “Gehenna” monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

• You can only use each effect of “Gehenna Oath: Reluctant Glory” once per turn.

Trap: Gehenna Oath: Shameless Devilry

• Card Effect:

• When an opponent’s monster declares an attack on a “Gehenna” monster you control; Banish that monster. If you control exactly 2 “Gehenna” monsters (and no other monsters), you can shuffle this card from your Banished Zone into your Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card.

• You can only use the effect of “Gehenna Oath: Shameless Devilry” once per turn.​

45-Card Pure “Gehenna” Deck (ex.):

Monsters: (20):

• 2x Prometheus, Gehenna Prince of Pestilence

• 1x Azazel, Gehenna Prince of Impurity

• 2x Belias, Gehenna Prince of Vanity

• 3x Astaroth, Gehenna Prince of Heresy

• 3x Abbadon, Gehenna Prince of Discord

• 2x Rosier, Gehenna Prince of Dominion

• 2x Mammon, Gehenna Ruler of Temptation

• 2x Leviathan, Gehenna Ruler Accusation

• 2x Beelzebub, Gehenna Ruler of Hate

• 1x Samael, Form of Gehenna’s Usurper

Spells: (15):

• 3x Gehenna Gate: Exquisite Malevolence

• 3x Gehenna Gate: Nefarious Vow

• 2x Gehenna Gate: Utopian Ministry

• 1x Gehenna Gate: Barriers of Illusion

• 2x Terraforming

• 3x Allure of Darkness

• 2x Pot of Acquisitiveness

Traps: (9):

• 2x Gehenna Oath: Hateful Genesis

• 1x Gehenna Oath: Spear of Incandescence

• 2x Gehenna Oath: Ego and Virtue

• 3x Gehenna Oath: Avidity and Apathy

• 1x Gehenna Oath: Homage and Dignity

15 Card Extra-Deck:

• 1x Lucifer, Imitator of Miracles

• 1x Heylel, Vassal of Iniquity

• 2x Amaymon, King of Asmodai

• 1x Geryon, Challenger of Three Worlds

• 2x Belphegor, Fury of Chaos

• 2x Malphas, Principal of Agony

• 2x Alphard, Hegemon of the Parallel World

• 1x Baal, Brimsith of Gehenna

• 3x Vine, Seer of Deception

• 1 month later...

I had an idea someone might want to try:

An archtype that's required to make use of a card with the following effect:

Send any number of monsters from your hand and/or your side of the field to the GY, then special summon 1 fusion monster from your extra deck that lists the sent monsters as materials ignoring summoning conditions (this is treated as a fusion summon).

Note: this effect will be able to summon fusion monsters that are not summonable via standard fusion summon such as contact fusions or evil hero fusions, so long as they list materials.

I'm trying to work on this archetype called "Zodii" which Special Summon themselves and use Contact Fusion. Like, their Special Summoning effects would ead something like "If you control another "Zodii" monstern, except "Zodii (monster name)", you can special Summon this card from your hand." It's a once per turn effect but thats all I really got for now.

Archived