Planning Thread for Card Ideas

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've been thinking of making a couple archetypes;

First one would be a lockdown archetype, discard to lock zones/cards down. (Dark)

Second one would be a Deck-out archetype, Mill cards from your opponent's deck (Like needle worm) (Wind)

Third one is a Burn archetype (Fire)

Fourth one is Life Gain  Archetype (Light)

Fifth Cards with anti-destruction effs and high def (earth)

Sixth Swarm archetype, Trap-monsters that stay in the s/t zone(Possibly needs to be under experimental) (Water)

I need archetpye names mostly. Any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me? is this card overpowered?

Name: Gravi-crush Dense Core

LV: 10

Type: Machine/Effect

Attribute: DARK

ATK/DEF: 0/0

Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set or Special Summoned. If this card is sent from the hand or deck to the graveyard: banish this card. If you control a face-up "Gravi-crush" XYZ monster you can attach this card from your graveyard or hand to that monster. That monster cards this effect
* You can detach this card and skip your draw phase to gain LP equal to your opponent's Lifepoints.

Can someone help me? is this card overpowered?

Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set or Special Summoned. If this card is sent from the hand or deck to the graveyard: banish this card. If you control a face-up "Gravi-crush" XYZ monster you can attach this card from your graveyard or hand to that monster. That monster cards this effect
* You can detach this card and skip your draw phase to gain LP equal to your opponent's Lifepoints.

Unless we see what the rest of the Archetype is like it's hard to say. Also that last effect is mechanically broken.

fixed..?

* You can detach 1 card: Skip your draw phase and battle phase until your next turn then your opponent can draw 3 card but cannot Normal/Set Summon monsters this turn.

Mmm... lemme see what I can do...

Gravi-Crush Dense Core
Attribute: DARK Lv.10 - Machine/Effect - 0/0
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand or graveyard attached as an XYZ Material to a "Gravi-Crush" XYZ monster you control and cannot be Special Summoned in any other ways. If this card is sent to the graveyard from the hand or deck: banish this card. XYZ Monsters that have this card as an XYZ Material it gains this effect

• During your Draw Phase, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can detach 1 XYZ Material; Skip your battle phase until your next turn; Your opponent can draw up to three cards in their Draw Phase; Your opponent can't Normal Summon or Set his next turn.

I had an insane idea.

A lot of people say that a Synchro Pendulum is unworkable because you can't activate it. From what I understand of Pendulums, they go to the Extra Deck after being activated, but still get sent to the Graveyard if destroyed as a monster. How to shore up this weakness?

Metronomic- Queen's Rhapsody
LIGHT - Level 9 - Spellcaster/Synchro/Pendulum/Effect - 3200/3200
Scale 0
Spell Effect: As long as this card is face-up on the field, you can Pendulum Summon 1 monster from the Graveyard per turn. If the monster Pendulum Summoned by this effect was a "Metronomic" monster, it gains 500 ATK and DEF, and is not affected by your opponent's card effects until your next Standby Phase.
Monster Effect:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This monster gains 300 ATK and DEF for every "Metronomic" monster on the field. Increase the ATK and DEF of all other "Metronomic" monsters you control by 100 times the number of face-up "Metronomic" monsters on the field. When this card is destroyed, you can activate it as a Pendulum Spell Card.

In case you hadn't noticed, this was meant to be the boss for a new archetype.
The standard monsters will be named after musical instruments.
The Tuners will be named after musicians.
The Pendulums will be named after support equipment (amps, metronomes, groundwire, etc).
The Synchro monsters will be named after specific songs.

So, why "Bohemian Rhapsody" for the Synchro Pendulum? That specific song is used to test headphones, making both a song and equipment support.

Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I had an insane idea.

A lot of people say that a Synchro Pendulum is unworkable because you can't activate it. From what I understand of Pendulums, they go to the Extra Deck after being activated, but still get sent to the Graveyard if destroyed as a monster. How to shore up this weakness?

Metronomic- Queen's Rhapsody
LIGHT - Level 9 - Spellcaster/Synchro/Pendulum/Effect - 3200/3200
Scale 0
Spell Effect: As long as this card is face-up on the field, you can Pendulum Summon 1 monster from the Graveyard per turn. If the monster Pendulum Summoned by this effect was a "Metronomic" monster, it gains 500 ATK and DEF, and is not affected by your opponent's card effects until your next Standby Phase.
Monster Effect:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This monster gains 300 ATK and DEF for every "Metronomic" monster on the field. Increase the ATK and DEF of all other "Metronomic" monsters you control by 100 times the number of face-up "Metronomic" monsters on the field. When this card is destroyed, you can activate it as a Pendulum Spell Card.

In case you hadn't noticed, this was meant to be the boss for a new archetype.
The standard monsters will be named after musical instruments.
The Tuners will be named after musicians.
The Pendulums will be named after support equipment (amps, metronomes, groundwire, etc).
The Synchro monsters will be named after specific songs.

So, why "Bohemian Rhapsody" for the Synchro Pendulum? That specific song is used to test headphones, making both a song and equipment support.

Ideas?

Sounds pretty neat, yoh.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had an idea, and any and all help is appreciated.

Codon monsters.
These cards center entirely around 3 Level 3 Machine Tuners, which can use your opponent's monsters as Synchro or Fusion fuel.
24 Synchro monsters (one of each Attribute at Levels 5, 6, 7, and 8 ), and 36 Fusion monsters (one Fusion with each Attribute, and one Fusion of each pair of Attributes [FIRE/DARK, for example]).

I'm struggling with some of the Fusions and Synchros, and I can't for the life of me figure what most of the Spell/Trap support should be. I want to be ambitious, but I just can't figure out how to make it really special.

Here's some of what I have:

Offensive Codon Clicker
WIND - Level 3 - Machine/Tuner/Effect - 900/500
Once per turn, you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field to use as Synchro or Fusion Material with this monster. When this monster is used as Synchro or Fusion Material, that monster gains 1000 ATK. If, during your Standby Phase, you don't control any Synchro or Fusion monsters, you can Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard.

Defensive Codon Clicker
WATER - Level 3 - Machine/Tuner/Effect - 500/900
Once per turn, you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field to use as Synchro or Fusion Material with this monster. When this monster is used as Synchro or Fusion Material, that monster gains 1000 DEF. If, during your Standby Phase, you don't control any Synchro or Fusion monsters, you can Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard.

Energized Codon Clicker
LIGHT - Level 3 - Machine/Tuner/Effect - 700/700
Once per turn, you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field to use as Synchro or Fusion Material with this monster. When this monster is used as Synchro or Fusion Material, that monster's effect cannot be negated. If, during your Standby Phase, you don't control any Synchro or Fusion monsters, you can Special Summon this monster from your Graveyard.

Codon Firewall
FIRE - Level 5 - Machine/Fusion/Effect - 200/2700
1 "Codon Clicker" + 1 FIRE monster
Your opponent can only target this monster for attacks. All monsters on your opponent's side of the field that do not attack during your opponent's Battle Phase are banished. If this monster is attacked, lower the attacking monster's ATK by this monster's current DEF.

Cooperative Codon: WIND-1
WIND - Level 5 - Machine/Synchro/Effect - 2200/2100
1 "Codon Clicker" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, you can banish 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.

Compiling 1
Continuous Spell
Every time a "Codon" monster is Summoned, inflict 50 damage to your opponent's Life Points for every card in your opponent's Banished Zone. If this card is sent from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, shuffle up to 3 cards from your Graveyard into your Deck.

Card Name: Grabbed by Darkness

Type: Trap/Quick

Effect: Activate only when your opponent summons a LIGHT monster from their hand, deck or extra deck, that card's attribute becomes DARK and has 0 ATK and DEF until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn. 

Just keep in mind that there are no Quick-Play Trap Cards; unless you mean Counter.

In this case, it basically screws with any boss monsters that happen to become LIGHT; though the opponent can just use it to Fusion, Synchro, Xyz or something else.

Would be potent against 'tellarknights and whatever LIGHT-oriented Decks exist right now (which are a few), but otherwise is gimmicky.

I'm trying to come up with an implementation for a "tattacker" archetype.  The archetype would have 6 monsters that are each different Attributes.  When they battle a monster with the same attribute as themselves, they automatically destroy it.  I'm pretty set with those and with their stats, but I want to create some kind of boss monster for the archetype.

I'm not sure as to what direction I want to go with it and I especially don't know what Attribute I want it to be (and NO, I don't want it to be Divine).  I'm open to suggestions on that front.  I would also like help in coming up with spells/traps in the vein of changing their (the tattacker's) Attributes, though I want them to have useful secondary effects.  Maybe personalized equip spells for each Attribute tattacker?

I'm trying to come up with an implementation for a "tattacker" archetype.  The archetype would have 6 monsters that are each different Attributes.  When they battle a monster with the same attribute as themselves, they automatically destroy it.  I'm pretty set with those and with their stats, but I want to create some kind of boss monster for the archetype.

I'm not sure as to what direction I want to go with it and I especially don't know what Attribute I want it to be (and NO, I don't want it to be Divine).  I'm open to suggestions on that front.  I would also like help in coming up with spells/traps in the vein of changing their (the tattacker's) Attributes, though I want them to have useful secondary effects.  Maybe personalized equip spells for each Attribute tattacker?

Would be neat if the boss monster could swap its Attribute to deal with current problem monsters. I suggest to go for an Extra Deck boss instead because Main Deck bosses can be kinda impractical to set up and may end up as dead draws early game. That, or you could go for relatively easy summoning conditions (eg. Special Summon from hand if you have X different Attributes on the field and/or grave).

As for Spell/Trap support, I don't recommend going for personalized Equip Spells as you would have to make 6 Spells, 1 for each; there wouldn't be enough space in the deck for standard backrow, staples and techs.

Maybe you could go for Fire Formation-ish Spell/Traps? On activation, they change the Attribute of a tattacker, but only once, then they remain on the field applying another effect.

• 4 weeks later...

All right

Let's see, i was thinking of making an archetype of the following:

Still thinking of a name...

It's a Dark Synchro and (a custom type i made) with different Monster types, their main focus is to disturb the opponent when they are banished from play by card effects; (eg, discard cards from their hand, prevent Special Summoning from hand,Killing hands....) meanwhile, they swarm the field

I have an idea for two new types of monster card.

Star monsters: these go in the main deck. These monsters can also function as if the Seal of Orichalcos were in play (allowing you to summon up to 10 of them) With the exception that Star monsters in the Spell/Trap Zone are treated as Spell/Trap cards.

Constellation monsters: these go in the extra deck and function somewhat like fusion and synchro monsters.

The problem I'm having with this is how to make these cards playable due to the fact that some Constellation monsters may require quite a bit of material to summon. Another issue is if the possibility that a player may need 10 Star monsters to summon a Constellation monster.

My main concern is keeping said material on the field and keeping this mechanic playable without the use of overpowered monsters.

I'm just debating on ways to keep the mechanic playable.

Name: Star Juggler.

Attribute: LIGHT

Type: Fairy.

Level: 3

ATK: ?

DEF: ?

S7300-Star-Juggler-600x600.jpg

The effects of this card:

- Its ATK and DEF are equal to its level * 500

. He cannot attack

- When a monster is summoned the controller of this card can toss a coin (optional) and if it's heads the monster's level is increased by the level of the summoned monster. If it's tails the level is decreased by the same amount.

Now I want to give him an effect for Synchro Summoning: I try to explain that if the player wants to Synchro Summon a monster, he can use a maximum of 4 stars from this card, remove it, and then can count this as level 4 monster used for the Synchro Summon. How do I have to write this so it makes sense in the card description and also fulfills the rules of describing a card effect?

I would write the effect in a similar vein to what Tuningware does. (This is probably a good time to use the OCG numbering thing, because stuff can get ugly quickly with PSCT)

① This card's ATK/DEF are equal to its Level x 500.

② If this card is used as a Synchro Material monster, you can treat this card as a Level 1, 2, 3 or 4 monster.

③ If a monster is Summoned: You can toss a coin and apply the appropriate result.

- Heads: Increase this card's Level by that monster's Level.

- Tails: Decrease this card's Level by that monster's Level.

Just as a sidenote, this does lack an OPT clause, so it can be used for high Rank Xyz if used in conjunction with another copy.

Archived