Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[Sakura] Pokémon Card Set #2 (29/29)

* * * * * 1 votes sakura pokémon set 2 for organizational reasons

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Just so I don't end up making multiple topics every time I post a new update (and I should've been doing this earlier, but meh), going to consolidate all the cards in this set within one thread. In other words, this is the second version of my Pokémon set. For the first one, see here.

Current Status: WIP

Tower Duo (001 - 002)

Eeveelutions (003 - 007)

Absol & Mega Evo (008 - 009)

Gardevoir (010 - 011)

Korrina (012)

Legendary beasts of Johto (013 - 015)

Houndoom (016 - 017)

Arcanine (018)

Mega Shinrei no Kyōdairyū (019 - 020)

Satoshi/Ash (021)

Creation Dragons (022 - 024)

Flygon (025 - 026)

Rank-Up-Magic <Mega Evolutions> (027 - 028)

Mega Force Gateway (029)

--------------------------------

IMG Credit:

http://images6.fanpo...38-1280-800.png (Glaceon)

http://www.mrwallpap...mon-umbreon.jpg (Umbreon)

http://images2.wikia...eon_posando.jpg (Leafeon)

http://static.zeroch...ull.1508036.jpg (Flareon)
http://static.minito....jpg?2050978400 (Vaporeon)

http://img.gawkerass...pg/original.jpg (Absol)

http://www.hdwallpap...wallpaper-3.jpg (Gardevoir)

http://images4.fanpo...019-800-663.png (Suicune)

http://th06.devianta...992-d6t3bwl.png (Houndoom Normal)

http://p1.pichost.me/i/24/1475190.jpg (Arcanine)

http://img2.wikia.no...3/32/Palkia.jpg (Palkia)

http://fc01.devianta...rjg-d34c962.png (Dialga)

http://i252.photobuc...tina_Poster.jpg (Giratina)

http://fc09.devianta...looddragonx.jpg (Flygon)

If you guys want the pictures of Mega Absol/Gardevoir/Houndoom, Korrina, Raikou/Entei or the RUMs, feel free to PM me (as I had to GFX them); may post them in Showcase at a later date.

Anyway, CnC/fix OCG, etc.

Reps will be provided to properly-written reviews.

(You do not have to CnC all cards in here at once; you may choose to review 1-2 cards at first, then cover the rest later)

P.S. I'd like to have all of this stuff centered, but YCM's acting up and not doing what it's supposed to be doing. Hopefully it fixes itself later.

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 18 November 2014 - 01:41 AM.
Added Mega Flygon (b/c Gamefreak won't do it) and a searcher for RUM - Mega cards.

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

BUMP.

Added Gardevoir and its Mega Evo, alongside a new RUM (the Mega Ring).

Mega Ring essentially provides one-time protection for an MXyz monster [which essentially serves as double protection in conjunction with Mega Gardevoir].

As for Gardevoir, you could hypothetically Astral Force Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut (normal) or Number 8/18/69 (Mega); or whatever R3/4 LIGHT Psychics fit the bill; but why would you do that? On more serious notes, Artifacts/Constellars and whatever spams R5 LIGHT monsters can make Gardevoir without too many issues.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

BUMP 2

Added Korrina and the Johto beasts.

Korrina does what her title says; support (Mega) Evolution.

The legendary beasts do stuff based on their current sets in XY.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,711 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:15 AM

Ho-Oh:

It doesn't look good. The card can be summed up as a heavy damage dealer and OTK promoter, which is not cool because, really, OTKs are not fun and are arguably unfair for stealing games. Also, requiring 3 materials where 2 of them must be FIRE doesn't help; spending 3 monsters on a Synchro without any sort of protection or effect that generates immediate advantage is a risky investment.

Isn't Ho-oh based on a phoenix? I'm susprised you didn't give it a revival effect (similar to the Nordic Synchros), which not only would make it more reliable, but also would be a reference of both Ho-oh being a phoenix and its Regenerator ability,

As for suggestions, you can go for different things: Turn it into a 2-material Synchro, add an aforementioned self-revival effect, an on-Summon ATK drop effect as a reference to Sacred Fire, and/or replace the triple attack with a "destroy & burn" effect.

Personally, I would go for something like:

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Halve the ATK of all face-up monsters your opponent controls. Once per turn: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack your opponent directly during the turn you activate this effect. During your next Standby Phase after this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard.

Yeah, it would still be a 3-material Synchro, but the last effect working on any form of removal as long as it hits the grave would make Ho-oh a real pain to deal with.

Mega Absol:
Considering it is a Mega Evo and that its first effect won't work on 2400+ ATK monsters, I think it would be fine without the discard cost. The other effect looks fine, although a bit unoriginal as it is almost the same as Caingorgorn's.

Korrina:
It is searchable by ROTA, and it can search any Rank-Up Spell? That feels like slippery slope. I think it would be more fair if it could search for Mega Evolution RUMs only.

No comments on Lugia or regular Absol because I think they are fine, and I have not read the rest of the cards yet.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Ho-oh's fix works fine with me; can make the changes.

Ideally, I'd like to keep the version legendaries at 3-mat Level 10 stuff since the Tao trio already got that treatment.

For Mega Absol, I can strip the discard cost off of it [or increase the ATK limit]. Would be nice if it had some way to get around monsters with 2800+ ATK (i.e. Tachyon, 62, C102/104 or some other bosses that can beat this in battle); probably should adapt the base form's effect to an extent with it.

Korrina's one can be fixed; I originally had it search the Mega Evo RUMs during design; I have no idea why I chose to make it fuel RUM spam decks even more. Boxers would probably appreciate it (if they ever needed 105 to be Ranked-Up quickly); given it can probably slip in with their support.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Another bump.

Added Houndoom and its Mega Evo [honestly didn't know what to do with it, so I basically gave it Sucker Punch/Pursuit for an effect, though they deal some burn as to reflect Houndoom's Fire typing]. I probably could've went with DARK and Pyro; probably wouldn't do much (I don't recall any regular Xyz with that combination).

Also added a new RUM, which is essentially Korrina's Mega Glove. You can figure out why 101 and 106 are in the picture as well.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

HulkTySSJ2

HulkTySSJ2

Click on my Sig!

• Elite Members
  • 1,918 posts
    Last Visit Oct 02 2018 12:37 PM

Very well done.

Seems kinda strange to have 1 random Humanoid Eevee evolution while the rest are normal though...

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Yeah, there weren't any suitable pictures for Glaceon, so that's why that one has a gijinka form.

Though they all follow the Level 6 and stat formula (base ATK x 10, plus 1000 and their base DEF x 10 + 1000; which are round numbers so they factor nicely)

Espeon follows a similar path.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

lucky777dice

lucky777dice

• Members
  • 89 posts
    Last Visit Nov 24 2017 08:07 PM

3 Johto Beasts Turned Out Amazing!!!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Anything in particular that you liked about them?

Remember, the AC is in effect within this section; it would be appreciated if you elaborated on what you thought about them.

As for potential updates, I had planned to do Mega [email protected], assuming the artwork/design was better.

But no, Gamefreak had to be stupid and design them to be almost exact copies of each other. (Would've been Accel Synchro anyway, because base forms are already Synchro)

In essence, non-legendary Mega Evos go the Xyz -> Barian Force route; whereas legendaries take the Synchro -> Accel or Double Tuning path.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

lucky777dice

lucky777dice

• Members
  • 89 posts

Since you asked, I appreciated the pics, especially since they all came from one source. That's why I said "look" great. The lore was good, but Raikou and Entei's effects are way too powerful for a 7-star synchro monster with one attribute requirement. Suicune is the most balanced of the three. Bottom line, these are the choices I'd give you: You can either upgrade their levels to 8 or even 9 to round out the effects, or you can tone down the effects of the first two to balance with Suicune. Personally, I'd do the first. They are legendary Pokemon, there's no harm in making them look strong. I get that you are trying to replicate the movesets of each beast, but you should make sure they are balanced. If Entei is using Sacred Fire, if I remember correctly, it's a one-turn recharge move (e.g. Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, etc.) This may seem like a lot, but I actually really like what you did. It's realistic, and refreshing compared to most of the pokemon cards posted on here. Great work!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Sacred Fire isn't a recharge move; just has a 50% to burn something if it hits.

But yeah, Entei/Raikou do need to be toned down a bit (thought they are technically more aggressive than Suicune stat-wise).

I'd like to keep them at Level 7, so they remain standardized. For clarification, this is the scale I've been using for legendaries.

BST 580 - Level 7

BST 600 - Level 8 (though Latias broke this trend in set 1 as a Level 7)

BST 660 - Level 9 (Kyurem)

BST 670-680 - Level 10 [version mascots / Mewtwo]

BST 700 - Level 11 (Black/White Kyurem)

BST 720+ - Level 12 (Mega Mew2, Arceus, probably Primal Kyogre/Groudon and other things)

The idea of this is to combine their qualities, while also retaining some degree of RC design in here [hence why I make reference to metagame things in some cards].

Primal Kyogre/Groudon are going to be a pain designing; considering their abilities essentially become anti-Attribute wars.

Kyogre shuts down stuff like Fire Fists / Boxers ; Groudon cuts off Necloths, Ice Barriers, Atlanteans, etc. I don't know yet; still need to design.

As for Raikou, I'll add a discard effect to its first effect and restrict its S/T lock until the next End Phase.

Entei gets a discard cost for its burn effect; second one is changed to increasing damage against stronger opponents instead of pounding weaker ones into the floor.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 7,711 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:15 AM

Decided to read the Johto Beasts and really, I think they need some work. To start with, in my opinion you should get rid of the discard costs, as I believe their effects are not worth the -1. Keep in mind that as Synchro 7s with specific materials they are competing with cards such as Michael, Gungnir, Arcanite, and even generic Synchros such as Moonlight Rose Dragon. Granted, Michael is not exactly a fair card with its "banish any card on the field" effect and I'm not saying that Raikou should be as powerful, but my point here is that your cards should be generating or maintaining advantage, not the other way around, in order to be competitive.

In addition, their battle-condition effects are too slow nowadays, as I have pointed out before. Certainly they would be better as OPT effects, or backed up by protection effects.

For instance, I think Raikou would be perfectly fine if its S/T lock was an on-Summon effect and had a Night Beam + Star Eater/Delteros clause so the opponent won't be able to chain it response to the Summon, and the attack paralysis could very well be an OPT without any additional cost. It would give it a niche over Michael, etc. if, let's say, your opponent has a single backrow and you don't want to risk your opponent chaining it to your Synchro Summon in case it is a Fiendish Chain, Breakthrough, BTH, etc.

When Synchro Summoned, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target 1 Set Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target. Your opponent cannot activate the targeted card in response to this card's activation. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; until the End Phase of their next turn, that monster cannot attack [or activate its effects].

The last part in [] is just a suggestion to further strengthen the effect, and instead of going for the overused "effect is negated" I suggest to disable it from activating effects (which is a different mechanic) just to make it slightly more original and to not disrupt the monster entirely since Continuous effects will remain active. Perhaps you could add a dice effect to reflect the chance of becoming "fully paralyzed" in the Pokemon games: something like throwing a dice and if the result is X or Y, the effect is negated, for technically a 33% chance of paralysis; not exactly the 25% from the Pokemon games, but is close enough. If you want a more precise mechanic, you could research a bit with coin flips and probability.

However, Entei needs a bit more of thought, because just increasing the damage inflicted is underwhelming. The first effect should be easy to fix, though: Just go for a similar effect to Ho-oh's on-Summon ATK-reduction effect, but targeting 1 monster instead of affecting all of your opponent's, and remove the discard cost.

As for Suicune, I got no ideas to suggest at the moment.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Yeah, Breakthrough is still a common thing among the other cards; need to make sure these have some way to get around them AND not be outclassed by other Level 7 Synchros, whether they're generic or Attribute requirement.

In some capacity, I could've left the old effect on Raikou (have it lock down opponent's S/T cards while it still exists on the field); except add the "cannot activate effects" stuff onto it.

Took suggestions for Raikou/Entei; latter just deals a guaranteed 1300 burn when it battles something; so either your opponent gets rid of it quickly or they risk taking heavy burn damage (probably should reduce it to 800 or something; since 1.3k each time it battles will add up quickly).

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

lucky777dice

lucky777dice

• Members
  • 89 posts

Sounds good. I agree with making the burn 800. That seems a bit more reasonable

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

The change has been made; still decent amount of burn, but not enough to cause multiple GGs. 

I can probably do Mega Latios or something; Latias will probably go a different route picture-wise.

Either that, or I use someone's interpretation of her from dA (and I like their designs a lot better; because at least she's still red and distinct from her bro.) Or I draw her on my own. (Giving her Clear Mind regalia will be a pain, but I'll manage)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Another bump, this time added Arcanine.

Essentially an improved monster version of Burden of the Mighty that can hit on Xyz Monsters when needed (pun not intended) with direct attacking capabilities and some burn options on a 2.6k body. Its BST is 555, which is great for a non-legendary (or pseudo one for that matter); hence why it's Level 7.

As a sidenote, I am designing Primal Kyogre/Groudon right now; just trying to determine appropriate stats/effects for them. Their Primal forms will most likely go the Burning Soul/Double Tuning route. (Aesthetically, it makes sense since they're using ancient power as opposed to Mewtwo/Latias who are drawing on new power)

I won't be doing the new Mega Evos from ORAS until maybe next set (when stat spreads are opened).

If I have to do it written, Mega Latias/Latios will be designed as Accel Synchro variants as previously noted. Might just alter the pictures used for the normal forms or draw if need be (remember that I really don't like how Gamefreak made them, but there's still hope that they changed the stat spread a bit to actually work and/or design)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

lucky777dice

lucky777dice

• Members
  • 89 posts

It kinda sucks that the only immediate different between mega latias and latios is size and eye color. Anyway, I trust you'll find good pics. I'm looking, but I don't see a lot of card material pics.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

I generally end up GFXing them in a lot of Mega cases.

More or less will have to improve on the original design that I used in their normal forms.

But yeah, that's one of the reasons why I'm pissed at Gamefreak; how can you tell the difference besides eye color?

(Both of them will end up being Level 10 anyway; except for the fact a Level 3 Tuner Synchro doesn't exist yet. Either that, or I just make Latias a Level 9 monster and allow Formula Synchron on it)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 40,304 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago

Update bump.

Added the Mega [email protected] like I had planned; yes I found (or more accurately, made) some suitable pictures. As you notice, they go a different route from the non-legendary Mega Evos. Latios uses his confirmed Mega form; Latias had her original form modified slightly so you can tell the difference. (I should probably fix the pic, so she takes up more room in image).

Both are Accel Synchros, because of their legendary status. Funny enough, I already associate the Eons with Clear Mind [remember all of the pics of Latias/her bro during YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament?]

Mewtwo/Rayquaza will go this route; Kyogre/Groudon will be Double Tuning/Burning Soul. Flavor-wise, it makes sense when they're correlated to their 5Ds counterparts.

---

Also made a Satoshi/Ash card, who's pretty much the Tuner you're going to be using to Accel Synchro the Eons anyway [mainly Latias, since no Level 3 Synchro Tuners exist, unless you use Phonon Dragon or something]. Latios has Formula Synchron to play with, but this is another option...

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users