Mecha Phantom Beast Support?

Progenitor

So lets talk about Mecha Phantom Beasts shall we?

The deck is super fun to play, and has a plethora of explosive plays with the right cards.  However, as most people already know, there is 2 problems with the Deck that prevent it from being as good as it could be:

(1) The Deck is slow.  In order to go off on most combos, you need at least one Token already out on the field, and in most cases, its extremely hard to both get a Token out and go off on a play in a single turn.  While Hamstrat can solve this to an extent if you set him turn 1, if your opponent goes off too explosive you fall to a severe disadvantage, and it is extremely hard to recover.

(2) Consistency.  While there are a lot of combos that can be pulled off in the Deck, if you don't draw any monsters, it all falls apart.  MPB only have 1 searcher in the form of Megaraptor.  This is slightly offset by Scramble!! Scramble!!, but if you can't use all the monsters you special summon with it for an Extra Deck summon, they will just be sent back to the Deck.

The new synchro monster does help the Deck (hell it searches Limiter Removal.  That's just scary), but all it does it fix the speed issue a bit if you run Blue Impala, and does basically nothing for the Consistency issue, except for maybe searching Scramble!! Scramble!!.

...........Oh right I'm supposed to post a card instead of just ranting aren't I?

Field Spell Card

Name: Restricted Airspace

Effect: (1)Once per turn, if your opponent controls more non-Token monsters than you do, you can Special Summon any number of "Mecha Phantom Beast Token"s (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0) up to the difference. (2) Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a Token(s) would be destroyed; it is not destroyed. (3) Tokens you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects that do not target them. (4) Once per turn, you can Tribute any number of Tokens you control; Add 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster from your Deck to your hand, whose Level is less than or equal to half of the total Levels of all Tokens Tributed for this effect.

This might seem like a lot for one card, and that's because I tried to mitigate both the speed issues and consistency issues with one card.  If anyone is confused on how the (4) effect works:

Tribute 2 for a Level 3 (3 + 3 = 6 / 2 = 3)

Tribute 3 for a Level 4 (3 + 3 + 3 = 9 / 2 = 4.5) [rounding does not matter, as it would either be 4<=4 or 4<=5, which works in both cases]

I know this was a lot to take in, but hopefully you stuck it out.  Any CnC is welcomed, and I feel like I messed the OCG a bit (especially in the (2) effect).

Thanks for your time!

• 2 weeks later...

I would say the third effect is kinda overkill, its already covered by the second.

Other than that, this would siginifcantly help a dying archtype. Anything that can help them with some sort of consitency.

All in all, id say it might have too much going for it, but since its only for one archtype it should be fine. Esecally sinc you can run teraforming to get it out asap, it wuld seriously screw your oppoent over. Cant see many exploits, though lossing three tokens for one search is kinda too much. Mabye lose the "half level" part, since you youll always need to tribute two for anything, even olion.

Archived