[Post 1v1] Rainbow Pinwheel

Atypical-Abbie

I removed the banish cost and replaced it with a discard one instead.

Rainbow Pinwheel
Normal Spell Card
Target 3 to 5 monsters in your Graveyard with different Attributes; shuffle those targets into your Deck, then add 1 monster from your Deck to your hand with a different Attribute from the Attributes of the targeted monsters. You can only activate 1 "Rainbow Pinwheel" per turn.

So slow. If you could make enough plays to put 3 monsters in the Graveyard with different Attributes than your lynchpin, and still be able to use it after the shuffle and -1, you clearly don't need it. Sylvans could use it as an expensive Lonefire searcher, but Super Solar Nutrient is faster with the same card economy.

So slow. If you could make enough plays to put 3 monsters in the Graveyard with different Attributes than your lynchpin, and still be able to use it after the shuffle and -1, you clearly don't need it. Sylvans could use it as an expensive Lonefire searcher, but Super Solar Nutrient is faster with the same card economy.

Yeah it's slow, but if I made it fast, it would just end up being abuseable, which isn't what I wanted.

I think that if you just remove the discard cost the card will be just fine. It is already a pain to make the card live, why further punish yourself with a -1?

And yes, searching for virtually any monster is a powerful effect, but this card only let's you pick from up to 3 different attributes, so it is not entirely generic, and unless you have a heavy control over your grave, in theory you won't be able to search what you want or need the most at the moment of drawing this card. For instance, if you draw into this and desire to search a LIGHT, you would have to wait until you get 3 non-LIGHT monsters with different attributes in the grave, which may very well take more or less 3 turns, depending on the deck. Until then, this Spell will remain dead in the hand, which is not good, and by the time you set things up it might be already too late; plus any LIGHT monster you draw or Summon won't help with this card's cause.

The only deck that in theory could abuse of this card is Lightsworns and their variants, but really, I don't see them running 3 more Attributes in addition to their inherent LIGHT just for the sake of this card. And while you could go for Extra Deck monsters with different Attributes to set this card up faster, that comes with the disadvantage of having to go for suboptimal monsters. I did think that LS Rulers could effectively abuse it by milling LIGHTs and, let's say, 2 Rulers to search for the 3rd one, but then I realized that they don't want their other Rulers back in the deck. But even then, LS Rulers is an unhealthy deck and this card being abused would be their fault, rather than this card's.

But if you are too worried about this card being abused, you can follow Dichotomy's example and add a "At the start of your Main Phase 1" and/or "You can't conduct your Battle Phase" clauses.

I think that if you just remove the discard cost the card will be just fine. It is already a pain to make the card live, why further punish yourself with a -1?

And yes, searching for virtually any monster is a powerful effect, but this card only let's you pick from up to 3 different attributes, so it is not entirely generic, and unless you have a heavy control over your grave, in theory you won't be able to search what you want or need the most at the moment of drawing this card. For instance, if you draw into this and desire to search a LIGHT, you would have to wait until you get 3 non-LIGHT monsters with different attributes in the grave, which may very well take more or less 3 turns, depending on the deck. Until then, this Spell will remain dead in the hand, which is not good, and by the time you set things up it might be already too late; plus any LIGHT monster you draw or Summon won't help with this card's cause.

The only deck that in theory could abuse of this card is Lightsworns and their variants, but really, I don't see them running 3 more Attributes in addition to their inherent LIGHT just for the sake of this card. And while you could go for Extra Deck monsters with different Attributes to set this card up faster, that comes with the disadvantage of having to go for suboptimal monsters. I did think that LS Rulers could effectively abuse it by milling LIGHTs and, let's say, 2 Rulers to search for the 3rd one, but then I realized that they don't want their other Rulers back in the deck. But even then, LS Rulers is an unhealthy deck and this card being abused would be their fault, rather than this card's.

But if you are too worried about this card being abused, you can follow Dichotomy's example and add a "At the start of your Main Phase 1" and/or "You can't conduct your Battle Phase" clauses.

Hm, I removed the cost, I still feel like it could end up being abused somehow, but eh, I guess that in this day and age, it isn't that big of a deal.

Archived