Prinsychic rank/level 12 monsters 31/?

bloorocksDotD

This is my first archetype: Prinsychic. They are level and rank 6/12 Psychic-type Princess based monsters.
I'm not sure that this is the best way to make the archetype, so if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

jju1aq.jpg

Booster pack made by Sakura Haruno

[spoiler=MainDeckMonsters]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Breeze]
VS3OYnW.jpg
While "Prinsychic Shrine" is face-up on your side of the field, you can tribute summon this card with only 1 tribute.
This card cannot be used for the Xyz summon of an Xyz monster unless it is a "Prinsychic" monster.
When this card is summoned you can target 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls, shuffle those targets into the deck.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Frost]
fiwtojY.jpg
While "Prinsychic Shrine" is face-up on your side of the field, you can tribute summon this card with only 1 tribute.
This card cannot be used for the Xyz summon of an Xyz monster unless it is a "Prinsychic" monster.
When this card is summoned, each player selects 1 monster their opponent controls. Send those targets to the graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Gleam]
5WHjFxf.jpg
When this card is summoned you can target 1 spell/trap card you control and 1 spell/trap card your opponent controls, shuffle those targets into the deck.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Inferno]
By4xSXw.jpg
When this card is summoned you can target 1 spell/trap in your graveyard and 1 spell/trap in your opponent's graveyard, banish those targets.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Paladin]
E8ieIgh.jpg
While "Prinsychic Shrine" Is face-up on your side of the field, once per turn you can make this card's level 6 until the end phase of your opponent's next turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Shadow]
r3DoONM.jpg
When this card is summoned you can target 1 monster in your graveyard and 1 monster in your opponent's graveyard, banish those targets.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Terra]
nYJyC1N.jpg
When this card is summoned, each player selects 1 card their opponent controls. Send those targets to the graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Prince]
wqau2Il.jpg
You can normal summon/set this card without any tributes.
While "Prinsychic Shrine" Is face-up on your side of the field, once per turn you can make this card's level 12 until the end phase of your opponent's next turn.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Dryad]
SGkyL5Z.jpg
This card cannot be used to Special Summon a monster other than a "Prinsychic" monster.
While "Prinsychic Magus" is face-up on your side of the field, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Magus]
ZO09ccw.jpg
This card cannot be used to Special Summon a monster other than a "Prinsychic" monster.
Once per turn you can declare a number from 0-12, this card's level becomes equal to the number you declare.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spell/Trap]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Barrier]
VIq7SrG.jpg
You can only activate this card while "Prinsychic Shrine" is on the field.
Once per turn during your end phase, when "Prinsychic Shrine"
would be sent to the graveyard by the effect of a "Prinsychic" Xyz monster you control,
you can send this card to the graveyard instead.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Rebirth]
LGqYEbH.jpg
Special Summon 1 level 12 "Prinsychic" monster from your graveyard in face-up attack position.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Rejuvenation]
SLGXacX.jpg
Tribute 1 face-up "Prinsychic" monster you control,
gain life points equal to half of it's Atk or Def,
whichever is higher.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Shrine]
MRgl7Za.jpg
This card cannot be targeted or destroyed while you control a face up rank 12 "Prinsychic" monster.
If this card is sent to the graveyard by the effect of a face-up "Prinsychic" monster you control,
and you control more than 1 rank 12 "Prinsychic" monsters,
then you can decide which (if any) of those monsters get sent to the graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Song of Summoning]
bx8bCiD.jpg
Special Summon 1 level 12 "Prinsychic" monster from your hand in face-up defense position.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Union]
HbVvyKq.jpg
During your opponent's turn you can activate this card,
Special Summon 1 "Prinsychic" Xyz monster from your extra deck,
and attach this card to it as an Xyz Material.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Birth]
uRU7zI6.jpg
This card can only be activated while you control "Prinsychic Prince" and 1 other face-up "Prinsychic" monster.
Special Summon 1 level 5 or lower "Prinsychic" monster from your Hand or Deck.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Prinsychic Mirror]
jk1HjhO.jpg
During your opponent's battle phase,
when a face-up "Prinsychic" monster you control is selected as an attack target,
you can target that monster and special summon from you hand or deck 1 "Prinsychic" monster
with the same name as the target in face-up defense position and make it the attack target.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Prominence]
vo7uYiL.jpg
Target 1 face-up level 6 "Prinsychic" monster you control,
tribute it and Special Summon 1 level 12 "Prinsychic" monster from your deck with the same attribute as the tributed monster.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Study]
kXqtpK7.jpg
Tribute up to 5 "Prinsychic" monsters you control (min. 1) draw 1 card for each,
then special summon from your hand or deck "Prinsychic Magus"
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Tundra]
E8fToXu.jpg
This card's name is treated as "Prinsychic Shrine" while on the field.
Each time a "Prinsychic" monster is summoned to your side of the field,
place 1 "Prinsychic Counter" on this card. Once per turn, you can remove "Prinsychic Counters" from this card and special summon,
from your deck, 1 "Prinsychic" monster with the same level as the number of "Prinsychic Counters" you removed.
If this card has 25 or more "Prinsychic Counters" you win the duel.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rank-up Magic Prinsychic Evolution]
ZYNq851.jpg
Target 1 Rank 6 "Prinsychic" Xyz Monster you control;
Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Prinsychic" monster that is 6 Ranks higher than that monster you control,
by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.
Xyz Materials attached to that target also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.)
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=ExtraDeckMonsters]
[spoiler=Prinsychic Aella]
SB7Geji.jpg
2 level 12 "Prinsychic" monsters
This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
You can only control 1 "Prinsychic" xyz monster unless "Prinsychic Shrine" is face-up on your side of the field.
During your End Phase, if "Prinsychic Shrine" is face-up on your side of the field, send it to the graveyard.
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Materials from this card, then activate 1 of these effects;
● Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls, shuffle it into the deck.
● Select and reveal 1 card in your opponent's hand. If it is a monster, shuffle it into the deck.
● Shuffle 1 monster from your opponent's graveyard into the deck.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Prinsychic Brunhilda]
8iptfGw.jpg
You can only control 1 "Prinsychic" xyz monster unless "Prinsychic Shrine" is face-up on your side of the field.
During your End Phase, if "Prinsychic Shrine" is face-up on your side of the field, send it to the graveyard.
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Materials from this card, then activate 1 of these effects;
● Target 1 monster your opponent controls, banish it face-up.
● Select and reveal 1 card from your opponent's hand. If it is a monster, banish it face-up.
● Banish 1 monster from your opponent's graveyard.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Prinsychic Celia]
MluP4Kg.jpg
● Target 1 face-up spell/trap card your opponent controls, shuffle it into the deck.
● Select and reveal 1 card in your opponent's hand. If it is a spell/trap card, shuffle it into the deck.
● Shuffle 1 spell/trap from your opponent's graveyard into the deck.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Prinsychic Dalia]
Taeiync.jpg
● Target 1 monster your opponent controls, send it to the graveyard and negate it's effects(if any.)
● Select and reveal 1 card from your opponent's hand. If it is a monster, send it to the graveyard.
● Select 1 monster in your opponent's graveyard, send from your opponent's deck to the graveyard up to 2 copies of the selected card
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Prinsychic Fiamenta]
ZDEn0OH.jpg
● Target 1 spell/trap card your opponent controls, banish it face-up.
● Select and reveal 1 card from your opponent's hand. If it is a spell/trap card, banish it face-up.
● Banish 1 spell/trap card from your opponent's graveyard.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Prinsychic Heartha]
g6sNii8.jpg
● Target 1 spell/trap card your opponent controls, send it to the graveyard and negate it's effects(if any.)
● Select and reveal 1 card from your opponent's hand. If it is a spell/trap card, send it to the graveyard.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Prinsychic Holy Guardian]
SOPKvMA.jpg
2 level 12 Warrior-Type "Prinsychic" monsters
Once per turn during either players turn,
when this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to negate the destruction.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic Wildfire]
O6qQepV.jpg
2 level 6 "Prinsychic" monsters
Once per turn you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card,
target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prinsychic SilverFang]
t1oBjbf.jpg
This card can only be synchro summoned using "Prinsychic" materials.
While "Prinsychic Shrine" is face-up on your side of the field, this card gains 500 atk and def.
Once per turn, during either player's turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

More Main Deck Monsters, Spells and traps, and maybe even a syncro or two on their way.

Yes, but you can only have 1 of the xyzs on the field at a time unless you have "Prinsychic Shrine" and i'm thinking of changing tundra's effect to not have it's name become "Prinsychic Shrine". ALso every one of your end phases Shrine goes to the grave so you are most likely only going to get to have 1 of the xyzs out.

First off, Prinsychic is a really dumb name. I'm sorry, but it sounds like something a 9 year old would come up with. Normally a small thing, but please get better quality pictures on almost all cards. It may seem small, but it lessens how serious I can take this deck, and considering it's all fan made, presentation is important.

Now that that's out of the way I can actually analyze this.

The rank 12 monsters are rediculously powerful, as they should be. Now the one effect that you put in that balanced this was that you could only control 1 of them. To me, if you want to keep the current effects of the rank 12 monsters, you need to stipulation. That's been thrown off by Prinsychic Shrine's effect. First off, get rid of that effect. Now, I read most of the cards effects, and I found a lot of stuff wrong, so I'll just go over the main things wrong and you can work from there.

Get rid of anything to do with the syncrho part of this archtype. It's an Xyz archtype, it doesn't need a synchro monster.

You have 6 level 12 monsters and nothing to tribute them with. I know you only need one tribute to summon them with Shrine, but if you put all those cards in your deck, Prinsychic Prince can only tribute them for so many of them. I would have a few more monsters that are like Prince that are level 6 that you can normal summon without tributing. That seems like it fits the theme of the deck well, and it helps you get the 12s out. Also you only need about 3-4 level 12s in the archetype, because you're going to have duplicates of them in your deck.

The effects of the level 12s don't really have a rhyme or reason to them. They're just kind of there. It seems like they random just not quite as powerful effects as the rank 12s. Which I guess that fits some sort of a pattern, but that seems pretty lame to me. I would give them more of a theme, whatever you decide that to be.

Overall there are a lot of wording issues in the cards. For example, on Rejuvenatio, you don't need the "whichever is higher", it should just say "ATK or DEF" (Atk should be made ATK). Also there should be a period after "control". A lot of other cards have errors like this. This is pretty typical of someone who is new to making cards, but I thought I would point it out so you know.

I would suggest centering the deck around only 6 and 12 level monster, with mostly rank 12 and a few rank 6 monsters in there. You don't need any other monster cards like Dryad or Majus.

As an aside, Silverfang is broken as hell and is probably better than some of the rank 12 monsters, esepcially considering how easy it is to summon. Get rid of it.

Those are the main points I feel like I should mention. I like how you were at least able to come up with a somewhat unique idea that could legitimately be made a reality as an archetype, especially considering you're new at this. Just focus the deck more on it's goal and you'll be good.

Thanks for the feedback, even though it seemed kinda harsh I need feedback so it was good. I had alreayd planned on making more level  6's, but wanted feedback on my current cards. The level 12's effects were  meant to be weaker versions of their respective attribute XYZ's effects. The reason I have dryad and Magus is because I want to make more syncros and more low level monsters like those. I'll try and read through for more text errors because , as you said, I'm new at card making. When I first joined here I just looked at other people's cards and commented on them. Also I don't see how silverfang is all that op, maybe I'll make the 500ATK/DEF be lowered to 200, would that fix it? Also I know I need to fix shrine, but I'm not sure how

Well, you don't need to make more cards, that's the thing. You have plenty of cards. In fact I think you have too many. An average deck has about half monsters/half spell/trap, give or take a few cards. This is a monster heavy deck, so you probably want about 24 monster cards, I'm guessing maybe 9-12 12 star, the rest 6 star. You need to focus right now on trimming down the amount of cards you have. I can't think of a single archetype that has 31 cards in it (except Elemental HERO, but that's a major anamoly) . Have like, 3 12 star, 3 6 star, two or three monsters to support. 9 non-extra deck monsters in an archetype is good. Then have about 3-4 extra deck monsters. And that's in a large archetype, which is what most people here aim for. What I'd aim for right now is 1.trim the deck down, and 2. add one or two 6 rank monsters so that your 6 rank monsters aren't just tribute fodder (ok, so I guess you could make new cards after all, just done with trimming as well ^^). I'd have about 3 12 rank monsters, and 2 6 rank.

I actually didn't see that they were weaker version of the 12 ranks, that's pretty cool. You have to forgive me for that though, the names weren't really connected and the effects didn't really seem to have a theme, so I figured they were just random overpowerd effects. It's also 6:30am and I haven't slept yet.

I'm not sure why you want to have the synchro in there. It doesn't fit in with the archetype. I don't know any archetypes that are both heavy Xyz AND heavy synchro. That would seem like it would be a mess of a deck that would never accomplish anything. And it's overpowered not really because of it's effect (though it's effect is really strong) but more because it's a 6 star monster which is also really easy to summon with your card effects. If you made it an 8 or 9 star monster it would theoretically be fine if it stayed in the deck (which it porbably shouldn't).

Shrine doesn't really need fixing, it's just that you need to get rid of the effect of the 12 ranks that they can have more than one of those 12 ranks on the field with shrine there.

One last thing, I said before that the 12 rank effects were random, and they're not only random, they're redundent. I'm not sure if I can think of a situation where you would ever use Ceilia over Fiammeta. I mean I guess if the difference between 2700 atk kand 3300 atk is really that important to you in the situation then I guess so but otherwise? Seems like a pretty unecessary card to me.

Well, the main finished goal of this archetype is actually to be big, I want something like E-heros where you can pick and choose from a huge selection, my next archetype is going to be even bigger than this so you should stick around for that. The thing is that wont be rolling around for a long time though. Also I was planning on adding fusions and rituals to the archetype too, I might actually end up separatin the post into sections for the four different deck-types you could build out of it. As for the rank 12's and picking 1 over the  other I'd like your opinion (Even though you're against big archetypes) of giving them ANOTHER effect saying "You can only have 1 of Prinsychic (Namehere) in your extra deck on each of them. OR Thinning the rank 12s and making some of them rank 6s with different effects. If any of this post is unclear, ask for clarification; I'm watching TV and  eating food while writing it.

See, but even with Elemental HEROs, they are all focused on fusion monsters. They still have a unifying theme and goal in them. To my knowledge there aren't any synchro or xyz monsters in the Elemental HERO archetype. If you want a super mondo large archetype, that's fine, but you need to focus it on one thing. Focus on 12 rank and 6 rank xyz monsters. And I'm not really against large archetypes if they're all useful in some way and aren't redundent. It's just that's a lot harder to do in a large archetype. Elemental HERO needs to be large because A. They need to summon a lot of different fusion monsters in a duel, and B. It's Jaden's supar speshul archetype.

Also to my knoweldge, this is your first attempt at an archetype. You need to start small so you get experiance finishing things instead of starting something extremely large and never finishing it. I know this from experiance. I wanted to be a composer but I kept trying to write concertos before I wrote a short prelude and I ended up never finishing anything. Finishing is a learned skill. Get practice in that before going for something much larger.

Also could you explain that last sentence to me again, I'm tired.

I've been thinking about it a bit, and I have to ask, exactly why are those monsters 12 and 6 stars/rank? Looking at them, they just seem like 6 star monsters with twice the stars, and Prince seems like a 3 star monster with twice the stars, for pretty much no reason whatsoever. The 12 rank monsters I could theoretically see as 6 or 7 rank too. I understanding wanting to deal with 12 star monsters, I personally think that's really a neat thing, but there needs to be a reason for them being that rank other than you just wanted them to be.

rank/level 12 because of the fact that there are almost no level 12 cards in the game, and I figured  we needed some.

Last sentance explanation:

I wanted your opinion on which way to go with the xyzs

Choice 1.)  Make some of the rank 12's rank 6's with slightly different effects so there are less xyzs in the end.

Choice 2.) Have the rank 12's have an aditional clause saying "You can only have 1 copy of (CardNameHere) in your extra deck"

You misunderstood, I'm not asking you why you made them level 12, I'm asking what makes them a level 12 card. Why is it level 12? Cards aren't just their level for no reason. Where I'm going with this is that I think you could accomplish this exact same deck, and halve the level and rank of the monsters. Nothing would be lost. Sure those would be pretty strong Rank 6 monsters, but still somewhat believable. Now, there are no rank 12 xyz monsters outside of the anime. However there is a rank 11 monster

CXyzSkypalaceBabylon-NUMH-EN-ScR-1E.png

As you can see, this is an utterly and rediculously powerful card. Now imagine what a monster 1 rank above that would look like. It would certainly not look like the cards you have right now. Now, I'm not saying just power up the cards you already have. That would make this deck pretty broken. What I'm saying is either A. Halve all the levels and ranks of your deck and decrease the ATK and DEF of the now rank 6 monsters by about 300 points, or B. Completely rework the deck so that you're summoning actual rank 12 monsters.

Well, this archetype is going away for a while anyways, I'm working on a smaller archetype right now (MAYBE 25 cards)  Hopefully that one will be better since it'l actually be small and finished.

and in all honesty the xyzs should probly be rank 8/9 since I got the orginal idea for their 3 choice effects from that one rank 9 xyz.

Archived