Ace's HERO Archetypes! [3 archetypes, 40 cards total!]

AcediaJC

So, some of my favourite cards in the game have always been the various HERO archetypes. Elemental HERO, Destiny HERO, Evil HERO, Masked HERO, the Neos stuff... The comic book theme always appealed to me, and I always enjoyed how they made Fusions actually fun and interesting (Up until the various HERO archetypes came out I used to always avoid Fusion and Ritual monsters 'cause of their requirements of such specific cards), and one of my main decks right now when playing online is a HERO deck as well (Masked mostly, with some of the generic fusions and some synchros mixed in).

So with my love for the archetype, I wanted to make one of my own... But I had so many ideas, so I figured "Why only one"? So in this thread, there will be three separate HERO archetypes posted: The Anti HERO archetype (Based on over the top "edgey" comics from the 90s like Punisher and Ghost Rider), the Magic HERO archetype (A Spellcaster HERO variation that combines fantasy elements and comic book themes), and the Techno HERO archetype (Cyberpunk and Tron styled heroes, along with some homages to other technology based superheroes).

[Spoiler=The Anti HERO Archetype -12/12 Cards-]

264l7j9.png

Anti HERO Skullface

When this card destroys an opponent's Monster as a result of battle, you can return the destroyed monster to its owner's deck instead. If this card is used for the Fusion Summon of an "Anti HERO" Fusion Monster, you can banish 1 face-up card your opponent controls.

2qaoepj.png

Anti HERO Sharkill

Once per turn during your Standby Phase: You can banish 1 card from the top of your deck to Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "Anti HERO" Monster from your Graveyard. You cannot Special Summon any other Monsters the turn this effect is activated. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish it to add 1 "Anti HERO" Monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

dykv49.png

Anti HERO Gunshow

You can discard this card to add 1 "Vigilante Justice" from your deck to your hand. If this card is used for the Fusion Summon of an "Anti HERO" Fusion Monster, you can return 1 banished "Anti HERO" Monster except "Anti HERO Gunshow" to your hand.

126cv7l.png

Anti HERO Deathcloak

Once per turn during your Standby Phase, you can activate only one of the following effects:
- Tribute 1 "HERO" Monster you control. If you do, this card's Attribute and name become the same as the destroyed Monster's.
- Discard 1 "Anti HERO" Monster, then draw 1 card.

1zbe0wk.png
Vigilante Justice

This card can only be activated if you control at least 1 "Anti HERO" Monster. When this card is activated, you can Special Summon 1 "Anti HERO" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by banishing its Fusion Materials from your field or hand (At least 1 Fusion Material must be an "Anti HERO" Monster you control) (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). You can banish this card from your hand to Special Summon 1 "Anti HERO" Fusion Monster from your Graveyard. If you do, return that Monster to your Extra Deck during your opponent's End Phase.

nn3d7b.png

Anti HERO Devilblaster

1 FIRE "HERO" Monster + 1 DARK "HERO" Monster
This card can only be Fusion Summoned by the effect of "Vigilante Justice". This card gains 200 ATK/DEF for each "Anti HERO" Monster you control. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can target 1 card your opponent controls and 1 "Anti HERO" Monster you control; banish both targets.

2h6h72v.png

Anti HERO Darkstorm

1 LIGHT "HERO" Monster + 1 DARK "HERO" Monster
This card can only be Fusion Summoned by the effect of "Vigilante Justice". Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Anti HERO" Monster you control to negate the activation of 1 Spell or Trap your opponent controls, and destroy it. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can send 1 banished "HERO" Monster to your Graveyard.

2hr34pf.png

Anti HERO Thunderblade

When an "Anti HERO" Fusion Monster you control is destroyed (either by battle or an opponent's card effect), you can Special Summon this card from your hand or graveyard. If this card is used for the Fusion Summon of an "Anti HERO" Fusion Monster, you can draw 1 card.

wwl06c.png

Anti HERO Bloodwing

You can discard this card to return 1 "Anti HERO" Fusion Monster in your graveyard to your Extra Deck. While this card is in your graveyard, you can banish it to add 1 "Anti HERO" Monster from your deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Anti HERO Bloodwing" effect per turn.

264kr49.png

Darkened Morality

You can tribute 1 non-Fiend "HERO" Monster you control to Special Summon 1 "Anti HERO" Monster from your graveyard with the same Attribute. If this card is in your graveyard (Except the turn it was activated), you can banish it to add 1 "Vigilante Justice" from your graveyard to your hand.

311q1w3.png

Anti HERO Warmonger

1 EARTH "HERO" Monster + 1 DARK "HERO" Monster
This card can only be Fusion Summoned by the effect of "Vigilante Justice". When an "Anti HERO" Monster you control is targeted by for an attack or card effect, you can change the target to this card instead. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can banish 1 card from the top of their deck.

23s7sdk.png

Anti HERO Seaspike

1 WATER "HERO" Monster + 1 DARK "HERO" Monster
This card can only be Fusion Summoned by the effect of "Vigilante Justice". When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can return 2 banished "Anti HERO" Monsters to your hand. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "HERO" Monster from your graveyard. If you do, it cannot attack this turn.

[Spoiler=BONUS: Enhanced versions courtesy of Liavcol!]

anti_hero_skullface_by_liavcol-d84gcxk.j

anti_hero_sharkill_by_liavcol-d84gd8g.jp

anti_hero_gunshow_by_liavcol-d84gdb2.jpg

anti_hero_deathcloak_by_liavcol-d84gdec.

anti_hero_thunderblade_by_liavcol-d84gdh

anti_hero_bloodwing_by_liavcol-d84gdl1.j

anti_hero_devilblaster_by_liavcol-d84gdq

anti_hero_darkstorm_by_liavcol-d84gdu6.j

anti_hero_warmonger_by_liavcol-d84gdwp.j

anti_hero_seaspike_by_liavcol-d84ge0c.jp

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The Magic HERO Archetype -17/17 Cards-]

5b5nwk.png

Magic HERO Vegas

Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-play Spell to add 1 "Magic HERO" Monster from your graveyard to your hand. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle with an opponent's attacking monster, you can set 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-play Spell from your graveyard.

r012y1.png

Magic HERO Spellsword

This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each "Magical HERO" Quick-play Spell in your graveyard. When this card destroys an opponent's Monster as a result of battle, return the destroyed Monster and 1 "Magical HERO" Quick-play Spell in your graveyard to the bottom of their owner's decks.

157ndpy.png

Magic HERO Goleman

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Defence Position. If this card is changed to Attack Position, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower "Magic HERO" Monster from your hand or deck. When this card is destroyed (Either by battle or card effect), discard 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell. If you cannot, banish this card instead.

29wlefo.png

Magic HERO Alchemiss

When this card is Summoned, you can reveal 1 non-Spellcaster "HERO" Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck. If you do, that card becomes treated as a "Magic HERO" Monster for the rest of the duel. Once per turn: You can tribute 1 "Magic HERO" Monster you control to add 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell from your deck or graveyard to your hand.

2ntw7qo.png

Magic HERO Pyromancer

Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-play Spell from your graveyard to destroy 1 Monster your opponent controls. If this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, you can add 1 banished "Magical HERO" Quick-Play Spell to your hand.

2emezbo.png

Magic HERO Familiars

When this card is Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "HERO Familiar Token" (Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 800/DEF 800). If this card or a "HERO Familiar Token" you control is used for the Fusion Summon of a "HERO" Fusion Monster, you can add 1 "Magic HERO" Monster except "Magic HERO Familiars" From your deck to your hand.

344ck6b.png

Magic HERO MagiKnight

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of a "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell from your deck to your graveyard to destroy 1 Spell or Trap card your opponent controls. Spell/Trap effects cannot be activated in response to this card's effect. When this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Magic HERO Familiars" from your hand or deck.

2e35r12.png

Magic HERO BlackMage

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of a "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell from your deck to your graveyard to send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the bottom of their deck. When this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Magic HERO" Monster from your hand.

260xstd.png

Magical Hero Potion

Discard 1 "Magic HERO" Monster, then Tribute 1 "HERO" Fusion Monster you control to Special Summon 1 "Magic HERO" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring summoning conditions (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). When it leaves the field, banish it instead. If this card is discarded, you can return 1 banished "Magic HERO" Fusion Monster to your Extra Deck.

sdzbmf.png

Magical Hero Incantation

Pay 1000 Life Points, then Tribute 2 "HERO" Monsters you control with different Attributes to Special Summon 1 "Magic HERO" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring summoning conditions (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). A Monster Special Summoned this way gains the following effect:
During your End Phase, you can destroy this card.

2r7y34g.png

Magical Hero City

Whenever a "HERO" Monster is Fusion Summoned, you can place 1 Spell Counter on this card. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card to activate one of the folllowing effects:
- Reveal 1 non-Spellcaster "HERO" Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck. That card becomes treated as a "Magic HERO" Monster for the rest of the duel.
- Add 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-play Spell from your graveyard to your hand, then skip your next Draw Phase.

302t9qc.png

Magical Hero Aprenti-Sidekick

Special Summon 1 "HERO Aprenti-Sidekick Token" (Spellcaster-Type/Light/Level 1/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). If it is used for the Fusion Summon of a "HERO" Fusion Monster, you can draw 2 cards. If this card is discarded, you can Special Summon 1 "Magic HERO Familars" from your Graveyard.

2ebtixd.png

Magic HERO Joker

If you control a "HERO" Fusion Monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: When a "Magical Hero" Quick-play Spell is sent to your graveyard from your hand or deck, you can destroy 1 card your opponent controls for each other "Magic HERO" Monster you control.

2cd9vvb.png

Magic HERO HalloWitch

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of a "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell. Once per turn during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell from your graveyard to negate the activation of 1 Spell or Trap that targets a HERO Monster you control, and destroy it. When this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Magic HERO Familiars" from your graveyard.

2mg04tt.png

Magic HERO ValkyriAngel

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of a "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell. Once per turn during either player's turn: You can banish 1 "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell from your graveyard to negate the destruction of 1 "HERO" Monster you control. When this card leaves the field, you can add 1 "Magic HERO Familiars" from your deck or graveyard to your hand.

2nqsc5x.png

Magic HERO Paradise

Once per turn: When a "Magical Hero" Quick-Play Spell is sent from your hand or deck to the graveyard, you can add 1 "Magical Hero" Spell with a different name from your deck to your hand. When a "Magic HERO" Fusion Monster is Summoned, you can return this card to your hand. If you do, that Monster gains 500 ATK/DEF until the End Phase.

t5g4ec.png

Magical Hero Enchantment

Target 1 "Magic HERO" Monster you control. Until the End Phase of this turn, the target Monster cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's Monster Effects. If this card is discarded, you can tribute 2 "HERO" Monsters you control with different Types to Special Summon 1 "Magic HERO" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring summoning conditions (This is treated as a Fusion Summon).

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The Techno HERO Archetype -11/11 Cards-]

1072qf5.png

Techno HERO Battery

Once per turn: You can increase or decrease the level of 1 "Techno HERO" Monster you control or in your hand by 1. If this card as an Xyz material is sent to the graveyard, you can pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon it in face-up Defence Position instead. You can only use this effect of "Techno HERO Battery" once per turn.

29zedmw.png

Techno HERO Terabyte

This card cannot attack. When this card is battles an opponent's attacking Monster, you can target 1 "Techno HERO" Monster you control. If you do, it becomes the attack's new target, and it gains ATK and DEF equal to this card's ATK and DEF until the End Phase. If this card as an Xyz material is detached from a "Techno HERO" Monster, you can destroy 1 card on the field.

qxs008.png

Techno HERO Matrix

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Techno HERO" Monster from your graveyard to your hand. If this card as an Xyz material is sent to the graveyard, you can add 1 "Techno HERO" Monster from your deck to your hand.

jj6ae1.png

Techno HERO Firewall

Once per turn: You can target 1 "Techno HERO" Xyz Monster in your graveyard, then discard 1 card to Special Summon the target Monster and attach this card to it as an Xyz material. During your next Standby Phase after this effect was activated, you can attach 1 "Techno HERO" Monster from your graveyard to a "Techno HERO" Xyz Monster that was Special Summoned by this card's effect.

6t2ypy.png

Techno HERO User Interface

2 level 3 "Techno HERO" Monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card to attach 1 "HERO" Monster from your hand or graveyard to this card as an Xyz material. You can pay 800 Life Points and detach 2 Xyz materials from this card to Special Summon 1 "HERO" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using the detached Xyz materials as the Fusion Materials (This is treated as a Fusion Summon).

1ypkc6.png

Techno HERO Advanced User Interface

3 level 4 "Techno HERO" Monsters
This card can also be Xyz Summoned by paying 1000 Life Points and using "Techno HERO User Interface" as the Xyz Material (All Xyz Materials that were attached to it are attached to this card as well). Once per turn: You can detach up to 2 Xyz materials from this card, then activate only one of the following effects depending on how many materials were detached:
1: Attach 1 "HERO" Monster from your deck to this card as an Xyz Material.
2: Special Summon 1 "HERO" Monster from your Extra Deck using the detached materials as the Fusion Materials (This is treated as a Fusion Summon).

2vngion.png

Cyberspace Wormhole

Once per turn: When a "HERO" Fusion Monster is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Techno HERO" Monster, you can shuffle 2 "HERO" Monsters from your graveyard into your deck, then draw 1 card. If a "Techno HERO" Xyz Monster you control would be destroyed as a result of battle or by an opponent's card effect, you can destroy this card instead.

23m9zl.png

Monster Hard Drive

You can substitute this face-up card for 1 level 3 or level 4 Monster when Xyz Summoning a "Techno HERO" Xyz Monster. If this card as an Xyz material is sent to the graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Techno HERO" Monster from your hand.

qxkj7p.jpg

Techno HERO Deep Web

When 2 Xyz materials are detached from a "Techno HERO" Xyz Monster you control, you can tribute this card to draw 1 card. During your Standby Phase, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from a "Techno HERO" Xyz Monster you control, then attach this card from your hand to that Monster as an Xyz Material.

33onzfp.png

Techno HERO Hack Kid

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can reveal 1 "HERO" Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck that requires a Monster with a specific Attribute as one of its Fusion materials. Until your End Phase, that Monster can be Summoned using a DARK Attribute Monster instead.

123wcpl.png

Techno HERO Antivirus

2 "HERO" Xyz Monsters
When this card destroys an opponent's Monster as a result of battle, you can equip 1 "Techno HERO" Xyz Monster from your graveyard to this card. Once per turn: You can banish 2 "Techno HERO" Monsters equipped to this card to Special Summon 1 "HERO" Fusion Monster (except "Techno HERO Antivirus") from your Extra Deck, ignoring Summoning conditions. (This is treated as a Fusion Summon).

[/spoiler]

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated! :D

EDIT 7: Added 5 new Techno HERO cards! Terabyte, Matrix, Firewall, Advanced User Interface, and Cyberspace Wormhole! I think I'm going to keep the Techno HERO archetype relatively small, so there may only be two or three more cards that will be added and the rest of the updates will just be tweaks to their balance and such.

EDIT 8: Final big update! Added the last of the Techno HERO cards (Monster Hard Drive, Deep Web, Hack Kid, and Antivirus) as well as made some tweaks to Battery, Terabyte, Matrix, and User Interface. 

I like the anti HERO(s), only thing is that I'm not sure anti HERO(s) is the right name for them because anti just seems too similar to evil in my opinion. Can't wait to see the rest of them.

I always saw it as Elemental HEROs being the typical superheroes, while Evil HEROs are (despite having hero in the name) are the villains or heroes that fall to the dark side. My Anti HEROs are based more on the sort of characters that are, well, anti-heroes :P Like The Punisher and such mentioned above, the sort of hero characters that use morally ambiguous methods in the name of justice. Though, maybe the Evil HERO archetype is already that and I'm just interpreting things wrong :P

I've had a HERO archetype in mind for a while now, just never typed it up. The first one is a group of faries called Skysent HERO based on biblical figures that focus on defensive effects. The other is a group of fiends called Hellfallen HERO that focus on trolling and effect destruction. Personally, I feel like we've both copied Evil HERO and Destiny HERO because our monsters can be used in conjunction with any HERO. Even the fusion one.

I've had a HERO archetype in mind for a while now, just never typed it up. The first one is a group of faries called Skysent HERO based on biblical figures that focus on defensive effects. The other is a group of fiends called Hellfallen HERO that focus on trolling and effect destruction. Personally, I feel like we've both copied Evil HERO and Destiny HERO because our monsters can be used in conjunction with any HERO. Even the fusion one.

I wouldn't say we've really copied them too much, considering the HERO archetypes have all always been able to support each other while also functioning as their own deck. You and I have only really just been following Konami's basic design rather than copying it completely. I'm interested to see your archetypes if you ever do put them into card form though! :D

WOWOWOWOWOW I like them sooo much :D 

I am too LOVE HEROes you may see that in my gallery (in which most of the cards are HEROes, containing new types and everything).

I can't wait to see your Magic HEROes, please consider support for "E* HERO Boss Pit" when you make them.

The only real problem I have with this set is "Anti HERO Skullface" as it is hard to tell what his effect is supposed to do. If its that he reveals a monster and then banishes, he's a little to strong, because he's just a free banish, if it is that if he used to fusion summon the revealed monster then he banishes, it's just a little hard to understand then.

The only real problem I have with this set is "Anti HERO Skullface" as it is hard to tell what his effect is supposed to do. If its that he reveals a monster and then banishes, he's a little to strong, because he's just a free banish, if it is that if he used to fusion summon the revealed monster then he banishes, it's just a little hard to understand then.

His effect basically works the same way as the last effects of Gunshow and Thunderblade where if he's used to Fusion Summon an Anti HERO Fusion Monster (Which he probably would since they all require a DARK monster and one material has to be an Anti HERO) his effect triggers, but the difference is he has to reveal the monster you want to use him for once you summon him in order to gain the effect, and he can only reveal a card if he was Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned. Honestly re-reading it now, I'm not too happy with how he works so I'm thinking I may change Skullface to do something different, since his entire effect is just a more complicated way of wording the same effects as two other Anti HERO monsters'.

Just added the first card of the Magic HERO archetype! I designed Familiars to be a useful card both for HERO decks in general (Can tokens be used as fusion materials though?) and just for decks that could make good use of its free token (Like decks that require lots of tributes or low level synchro materials). Is it too powerful though since it gives you a free token as soon as it's summoned, both SS and NS? I like the idea of it giving you a token to use for various HERO fusions, but I feel like it could easily be abused. Any thoughts?

Just added the first card of the Magic HERO archetype! I designed Familiars to be a useful card both for HERO decks in general (Can tokens be used as fusion materials though?) and just for decks that could make good use of its free token (Like decks that require lots of tributes or low level synchro materials). Is it too powerful though since it gives you a free token as soon as it's summoned, both SS and NS? I like the idea of it giving you a token to use for various HERO fusions, but I feel like it could easily be abused. Any thoughts?

It looks alright to me. In the GX manga, a token-only fusion was showcased. The only difference is that tokens don't go to the graveyard, so cards like "De-Fusion" won't bring them back.
Also, I personally don't think this is overpowered. In fact, I think that if the "Magic Heroes" focus on fusion support through summoning tokens and contact fusion with their ace, you'd have an excellent utility archetype.

Rather than something completely token focused, I decided to make the Magic HEROs based more on effects that dump their spell cards, among some other interesting tricks they have up their sleeves. I feel like they might have some severe balance problems, but at least the idea behind their play style is worked out and clear now :)

Little bump to say that the Magic HERO archetype is now complete! I'm sure there's plenty of balancing tweaks I'll need to come back and give them later on, but all the cards are made and posted now at least.

Also had some thoughts for the Techno HERO archetype's play style, I'm thinking that possibly they'd be built around using Fusion monsters as fodder for bringing out other Synchro/Xyz monsters (Just general Sync/Xyz plays, they won't have their own Synchros or Xyzs). Would that be an interesting direction to take them, or should I just stick to them working only with Fusions like the others?

Little bump to say that the Magic HERO archetype is now complete! I'm sure there's plenty of balancing tweaks I'll need to come back and give them later on, but all the cards are made and posted now at least.

Also had some thoughts for the Techno HERO archetype's play style, I'm thinking that possibly they'd be built around using Fusion monsters as fodder for bringing out other Synchro/Xyz monsters (Just general Sync/Xyz plays, they won't have their own Synchros or Xyzs). Would that be an interesting direction to take them, or should I just stick to them working only with Fusions like the others?

I feel like techno's would be good for crowd control effects and general trolling such as disabling abilities and bouncing cards back to the hand or deck. Low-damage burn effects and a high-ATK boss fusion could also be a good addition, but that may be overdoing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I've come up with an interesting idea for the Techno HERO archetype, so those should be up soon! In the mean time, liavcol whipped up some awesome sorta HD versions of the Anti HERO monsters for me, which I've posted in an extra little spoiler under the original YCM versions. Feel free to check'em out, he did an awesome job with them :)

EDIT:

Just uploaded the first two Techno HERO monsters! I sort of reversed the idea I had for them earlier. Instead of using Fusions to bring out Xyzs, they use Xyzs to bring out Fusions.

Oh my lord I love the two Techno Hero monsters. I imagine that they will entirely be based around detaching Xyz Materials, attaching them just as often, and effects for when both of those happen. Also the ability to use the Xyz materials as fusion materials is a really great one. The only problem I see with it is just how cheap it is. I mean yes they take up one of your extra deck spaces, but in reality you want something more than just "Tribute this card and special summon a fusion monster using this cards xyz materials as fusion materials." Not that it isn't a great idea, just that it needs a little bit bigger of a cost. Especially with the ability to manipulate what the materials are.

Oh my lord I love the two Techno Hero monsters. I imagine that they will entirely be based around detaching Xyz Materials, attaching them just as often, and effects for when both of those happen. Also the ability to use the Xyz materials as fusion materials is a really great one. The only problem I see with it is just how cheap it is. I mean yes they take up one of your extra deck spaces, but in reality you want something more than just "Tribute this card and special summon a fusion monster using this cards xyz materials as fusion materials." Not that it isn't a great idea, just that it needs a little bit bigger of a cost. Especially with the ability to manipulate what the materials are.

Would a small LP cost be enough? Considering Battery, Matrix, and Advanced UI all have LP costs for some of their effects already it would match with the others, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea since then they might just burn through LP way too quick in order to do anything.

I could be wrong seeing as you haven't completed the Techno Hero set yet, but I'm pretty sure the various effects that activate when "this card as an Xyz material is detached by a card effect" are meant to activate whenever you detach them for your Techno Hero Xyz monsters' effects, yes? But the Xyz monsters only detach their Xyz materials as a cost for the effect not as part of the effect, ergo none of the Xyz material get detached by the effect of your Xyz monsters. If I am right about what you meant to say, then the effects should read, "If this card as an Xyz material is detached to activate a card effect..." or something equivalent to that. Of course I may be wrong, and you may have meant for these effects to activate if your opponent tries to use card effects to get rid of your monsters' Xyz material, but seeing as you wrote, "If this card as an Xyz material is detached by the effect of a Techno Hero monster," on Terabyte's effect, I couldn't help getting a different impression.

I could be wrong seeing as you haven't completed the Techno Hero set yet, but I'm pretty sure the various effects that activate when "this card as an Xyz material is detached by a card effect" are meant to activate whenever you detach them for your Techno Hero Xyz monsters' effects, yes? But the Xyz monsters only detach their Xyz materials as a cost for the effect not as part of the effect, ergo none of the Xyz material get detached by the effect of your Xyz monsters. If I am right about what you meant to say, then the effects should read, "If this card as an Xyz material is detached to activate a card effect..." or something equivalent to that. Of course I may be wrong, and you may have meant for these effects to activate if your opponent tries to use card effects to get rid of your monsters' Xyz material, but seeing as you wrote, "If this card as an Xyz material is detached by the effect of a Techno Hero monster," on Terabyte's effect, I couldn't help getting a different impression.

No you're right, it's meant to be when they're detached to activate an Xyz's effect (Though only Terabyte requires it to be detached from a Techno HERO Xyz, the others with that effect are supposed to trigger if they're detached from any Xyz monster). Wordings and rulings regarding costs vs. effects always kinda trip me up, so thanks for the help :) Would an easier way to word it be "When this card as an Xyz material is sent to the graveyard"? Since that would (I assume it would at least) allow them to trigger both when detached as a cost or by another effect, and I think also when the Xyz it's attached to is destroyed.

Not just "When sent to the graveyard" though, I meant "when sent to the graveyard as an xyz material" which I think would only cover being detached as a cost, detached by another card's effect, or when the Xyz monster they're attached to is destroyed. At least that's the intention :P

• 4 months later...

This stuff is pure awesomeness. i actually have a notebook of ideas, just waiting to be turned in to cards, but my artistic skills are taking a dump on santa claus, or in other words, they suck. Also, even if i do manage to draw some, i would prefer to draw it on one of thost drawing pad thingys that connect to your computer or something.

Archived