I love Batterymen with a passion! But, let's get honest, they can sometimes feel so linear that it's frustrating to play against a lot of the high-meta decks of the format (Burning Abyss, Shadolls, Etc). One of the big issues I've found is a lack of resource recycling within the deck! I'm constantly finding that I run out of 9V's in the deck to recycle their effects; so I thought, what better to recycle than solar power! Thus, Batteryman Solar Flare was born! Tell me what you guys think!

[spoiler='Batteryman Solar Flare']

gDuqZpu.jpg

Flip: Add 1 "Battery" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your Hand.

When this Card is Sent from the Field to the Graveyard after being Flipped Face-Up; Shuffle 1 "Batteryman" Monster from the Graveyard(s) into the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Batteryman" Monster from your Deck in Attack Position.

[/spoiler]

Batterymen have no Spells or Traps. At all.

I think a level restriction on the summon might be needed, because some of the 5+ Batterymen have some pretty strong effects.

Being a Tuner seems neat.

I mean, they already have MicroCell, except it doesn't recycle.

It's literally called "Recycling Batteries" and it does it even better than this, most of the time (the deck summon IS a thing)

Or if you really need it, Daigusto Emeral.

It needs some work.

Batterymen have no Spells or Traps. At all.

I think a level restriction on the summon might be needed, because some of the 5+ Batterymen have some pretty strong effects.

Being a Tuner seems neat.

I mean, they already have MicroCell, except it doesn't recycle.

It's literally called "Recycling Batteries" and it does it even better than this, most of the time (the deck summon IS a thing)

Or if you really need it, Daigusto Emeral.

It needs some work.

Battery Charger. Portable Battery Pack. Quick Charger. Short Circuit. Etc... although you are right that there are no "Batteryman" Spell/Trap cards. I'll re-word that. Also all of the effects that go off for the +5 batterymen require either another batteryman you control, or a normal summoning, so you'd most likely go for 9V anyhow, so no level restriction is necessary. It's not the same as microcell, as that does not recycle deck summoning like this card. Also, it can give a more accurate +2, so in a way it's an upgrade. It helps search out necessary cards in the deck, so it makes it less linear IMO.

Quick Charger and Short Circuit aren't "Battery" cards. You know that, right?
And even then, if you made Short Circuit searchable, it would just be stupid.

Yeah, I was just trying to point out that they have spell/trap cards potentially able to be searched out for the archetype. and yes; searching out a short circuit would be very stupid.

Archived