Attack on Titan: Millennial Advance [Sign Up/Interest Check]

So yeah, it's been a while since I hosted an RP. Let's just hope I don't suddenly decide to lose interest in it myself like I did the last time :/

3PlD1Dt.png

A

Tack

On

TIIGH TEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-*shot*

The above will totally be replaced by an actual logo, followed by a statement of credit for whichever genius manages to make it; this'll replace this exact sentence.

Opening Theme Music goes here

Closing Theme Music goes here

3PlD1Dt.png

Can you tell that this is a draft yet? If the answer to that question is yes, then congratulations; you've just earned the title of Captain Obvious. Now pat yourself on the back while I go ahead and make a new paragraph that actually be useful to you lot.

In any case, welcome to the [acronym="Well... PROBABLY the first. I'd rather not sift through a whole graveyard of RP's just to make sure.']first Attack on Titan RP ever to hit YCM.[/acronym] This'll be an open world RP that has a similar plot to that of the actual anime, except it'll be set much further into the future... either 11 or 12 centuries to be exact, hence why I've decided to call it Attack on Titan: Millennial Advance. Your character will have three options to kill the enemy Titans with. They can either go guns blazing with a tank or helicopter, take them down with the classic 3DM Gear or, if your character is special enough, I will grant him or her the ability of the almighty Titan Shifter. There'll only be one Titan Shifter in this RP, and I'll decide whether or not to keep that slot for myself. If I opt not to, I'll probably give that slot to the RPer who's made the best app. I'm also not sure if I wanna leave the 3DM gear as is in the anime itself or change it around so it's powered by... idk, jet-packs or something, but if I go with the classic, then the helicopters won't be available until later. Obviously there's still gonna be the [acronym=that's what the dub calls it, shutupstupidasssubfanboys']Scout Regiment[/acronym], the Military Police and the Garrison as the main 3 divisions, but I'll primarily focus on the Scout Regiment. Why them, you may ask? 'Cause let's face it; they'll do most of the damage to the thriving Titan population.

I'll probably do the whole RP in 7 arcs. The first arc will just be a boot camp type of arc where the characters are training for their big debut against the Titans, which'll attack the camp somewhere in the middle of the arc. In Arc 2, the Titans will attack the main city, and it'll be up to the cadets to fend them off. Arc 3 will details the cadets' first excursion outside the safety of the city. Then the plot will go back to defending the city in Arc 4, followed by [acronym='of course the first is gonna fail']an excursion that succeeds this time[/acronym] in Arc 5. In the event that I went with the classic 3DM gear, then the helicopters would've been invented by this stage, and they will be integral to the success of this other excursion. Finally, the cadets will go in to attack the final boss Titan at the start of Arc 6, while going back to the drawing board in the middle cause that attack would've failed miserably. The final boss Titan will then be slain right near the end of Arc 7, in which case the RP will slowly draw to a close. I could go with the Colossal Titan as the final boss, but that means thinking up an explanation of how he would've survived/got himself reborn for the purposes of this RP. Still, the Colossal Titan is pretty badass in his own right, so in the event that I find myself unable to go with him on a logic/plot stand-point, then I'll need some time to think of an equally/even more badass Titan to take the role of final boss.

Once I've ironed all these uncertainties of mine out, I'll probably have a much more epicly-worded plot in store, so watch this space.

3PlD1Dt.png

Everything that's worth knowing before diving into this RP will be planted here; and yes, this includes some of the information that anyone who's watched the anime will probably already know. You'll get some insight on the three different factions, the Titans as a whole, all the vehicles that can be used against the Titans and more. Of course, the most important thing here is the 3DM Gear, and once I get into detail of it, you'll know whether I've gone with the classic 3DM Gear or the jet-pack 3DM Gear.

Of course, the rules will be placed just above the database. I don't expect much from you lot, but I will include a couple major ground rules; one of which is a variation on Blu's coveted posting rule. Just so everyone knows, here's the posting rule in full:

This RP follows a strict story structure and must be followed as so. Irrelevant posts will be warned. The posting style of this RP is turn-based, involving rounds. A round of posting consists of me posting then all other participants will post once, unless some circumstances prevent that from happening. After that round, a new round of posting will begin starting with me posting once more. After I have posted to begin a round, it doesn't matter who posts next as long as we reached the point where everybody posted once for that round. With that being said, those who've RPed with me before should note that I might fluctuate between long and short posts so I don't mind if you short post when needed. You can have extra posts just for the sake of character development or interaction with other characters to build up relationships. However, this must not conflict with the main story. For example, if the current story is about saving someone and a character suddenly asks another character to go get something to eat, that would be a violation of the routine rule.

Obviously I'm not gonna enforce the "all posts must further plot" part, since that contradicts with the open-world vibe that I want to going for. But tbh, the routine itself is actually a very good one in my eyes, so I'll be keeping that in the very least.

I've yet to decide how exactly I'm gonna change this posting rule so that it benefits everyone... that includes myself since I'll be the one enforcing it :3

3PlD1Dt.png

App-related stuff goes here. Honestly, I'll probably just set up a simple and relatively generic application form for you guys to follow, as complications that ultimately fail = worse. But I do wanna see some effort put into making a great character, so expect to see some heavy minimum requirements. Underneath that form will be where I'll place my app and link to all the ones that got accepted. I may slap on a demo on how not to fill out an app and why not to fill it out this way, but most of what I'd have to say on that regard is already covered by Aix's Roleplaying Guide. You should definitely give it a read before making an app, here or otherwise.

I'm looking for anywhere between 3 and 9 more players. I don't want this to be too crowded, so if I do get some random double-digit number of apps below this post, then I'll have to decide who to ax from the RP, and my decision will be based on the quality of each and every app. But just to increase the chances of everyone getting in, I'm restricting the number of characters that players can make an app for to 1. I'll only lift this restriction if there're no more players that'd be interested and if there are slots to spare.

Specifically, there are a total of 4 characters that I want to see. One is of course the supreme executive bitch/asshole drill instructor, who then becomes the main squadron leader in Arc 2 and onward. This'll probably be made by either myself, or my trusty co-host should someone be willing to be one. The other three will probably be the main characters of the RP, much like Mikasa, Eren and Armen are the main characters of the actual anime. I also wanna keep the whole "mind, body and spirit" symbolism that the three have going between them, but there's a couple ways I can go about it. We can either have...

One character who's strong in mind, but weak in body

One character who's strong in body, but weak in spirit

One character who's strong in spirit, but weak in mind

Or we can have...

One character who's strong in mind, but weak in spirit

One character who's strong in body, but weak in mind
One character who's strong in spirit, but weak in body

Which one of these two options you guys want me to go with will have to be discussed (among other things), but I myself will be the one to decide who gets to be the strong mind MC, who gets to be the strong body MC and who gets to be the strong spirit MC; the rest of you will just have to act as some other blokes. You're more than welcome to go for the position of MC for each quality though; I won't stop you unless I decide to take that quality myself in place of the drill instructor or if everyone else seems to want to go for that quality and avoid another like the plague. But it should be noted that one of those three MC's will be granted as the Titan Shifter, and no you may not reserve the Titan Shifter. Again, it's entirely up to me to decide who gets the power, and if you try to app for it, then I'll only be tempted to deny the app and maybe kick you out of the RP altogether if you insist on being so incompetently stubborn.

3PlD1Dt.png

Normally, I'd put in a line here saying "I declare this thing open" or something, but I still have one more thing to set up

[spoiler=All My Skype Contacts]Aisu

-Aqua-

Broke. N

Chaos Sonic

DL

Final Fantasy Revolution

Merciful Idiot

Muten Roshi

Nai

Phantom Roxas

TheFinalFan

Zai[/spoiler]

This is the list of all the YCM members whose Skype details I actually have. If you're on this list and you wish to partake in this RP, then just say so and I'll add you to the Skype chat that I'll be setting up. Alternatively, if you're in the same Skype chat as me and someone on this list and you wish to partake in this RP, just say so and I'll add you as an actual contact. Otherwise expect me to flip you a PM asking for your Skype details, or telling you to use it if you don't. Either that or you can send me a PM yourself; either way works really. But in any case, the Skype chat for this RP will be the first thing I set up, 'cause then everything else gets solved quicker.

Also, I'd prefer sign-ups from more experienced players who I've seen RP with my own eyes (like everyone on my list of contacts, for example). However, I'm not gonna chuck you out if you're new to the RP scene; I will chuck you out if you prove to be incompetent later down the track. I've put quite a bit of work in this RP already, and I don't wanna see it locked because some random yobs kept [acronym='I'll be happy to explain if you ask']short-posting or pulling Torma's on each other or any of that BS[/acronym]. Speaking of which, if you happen to be reading this Torma Xinmus, then I just wanna let you know that you're barred from participating in advance. I'll be happy to explain to the rest of you guys why I'm barring Torma right here and now if need be, but if you'd rather have details like... immediately, then just ask Roxas, Broke N. or even Merci. They know just as much about Torma's RPing tendencies as I do, if not more, and I tend to take longer than most people to explain things.

I have to go to a meeting now, but when I get back, I'll be happy to note any sign-ups and interested players, answer any questions that were asked during the time I was gone or even look into any suggestions that were made.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived