Thar's Rendars

Thar

zmrYkew.png

Tots not copying Yin. Just throw images at me that you want rendered and I'll do it when I have the time.

Rules:

- No spamming, flaming, etc.

- Credit must be given.

- Be patient. If you bug me often about your render's completion, you might not get it at all.

Price:

Free. Can't beat that, right?

[spoiler=Examples:]

[spoiler=Example 1]1zguLod.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Example 2]kxENl2s.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Example 3]XmYwIuJ.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Example 4]F6OhIe3.png[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 / 2 / 3

You said you wanted a challenge, similarly, I'm interested in seeing what you're capable of. These shouldn't be incredibly difficult to cut however they aren't easy either. Do take your time with rendering, especially on the hair. Don't be afraid of snipping off bits of excess hair as long as it doesn't ruin the render.

As for use it depends really, if they're good enough I'll be using them for tags, if they're really good however I'll probably use them in a photo-manip for my portfolio assuming I can get permission from the photographers on DA. I'd also be interested in using them for a resource pack I'm putting together for everyone in Showcase to use, full credit will be given assuming you're okay with it. 

I'm not expecting them to be done anytime soon, take as long as you want. 

The first is borderline unusable, my bad on that one since It's a really hard one to render upon reflection. 

Second's pretty good, probably the best of the three. I'd actually go ahead and say cutting the excess hairs poking out wouldn't be a bad idea. Also, which tool/program are you using? Some of the edges especially near the hair is rather choppy. 

Third's good as well but the left side excess hair should removed entirely. 

Overall not bad, but could be a lot better. Ultimately it depends on you, if you want to make really clean professional-looking cuts you gotta take your time with it. Plus there are a lot of tricks to use for hair and making smooth lines, look up some rendering tuts on youtube and whatnot. 

Also, don't be afraid to cut in to the render, looking at some of the edges there's a border from the bg when there shouldn't be one. 

which tool/program are you using? Some of the edges especially near the hair is rather choppy. 

I use the pen tool in GIMP. As for the hair, I cut off the hairs sticking out and used the smudge brush to extend what doesn't look natural. If that's not a good idea and you just want clean cuts, then I can remove them.

Gots two pics here for you Thar. As I stated in your status I randomly got the desire to try gimp stuff again which is weird considering how long it's been.

Image #1

If the glow around the hands is too hard I understand. Do what you gotta do.

Image #2

Don't bother with the petal things in the background and if the hair to the left gets super complicated don't stress it too much.

Well as I am no graphics expert I can't say much other than great job.

Thanks! I just hope I can get more requests.

[spoiler=btw, here's the other one]byGtaqq.png[/spoiler]

I'm not too fond of the rose pedals being there, but whatever.

I have quite a lot here that needs to be rendered, all for use in templating for card alterations.

[spoiler=This one has a lot going on, but it shouldn't be too difficult]

jX1d6iC.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Another simple one]

AmeSBQd.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Just cut it off at the point where the smoke covers her waist. I really only need the top bit]

5FEwBFk.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Simple stuff]

5YrrUyK.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Feel free to cut out some of the extraneous fire on the left-hand side, if you like. I also don't need the floating embers]

Oops, I think this one breaks the no flaming rule...

VBk0u5W.jpg

[/spoiler]

Okay, Giga, I'll get to those as soon as I can.

EDIT:

[spoiler=First image]Tt0lGiW.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Second image]j3Ej9n6.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Third image]jTRTwQK.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fourth image]eBUp3lv.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fifth image]SuXcKGg.png[/spoiler]

The fifth image was rather tricky. Does it look okay?

Archived