Burning Equip: Burst Gauntlets

Peridank

I wanted to make a Equip Card so I scratched down an idea, I believe it's balanced but cnc is welcome. The only worry I posses is a set up for Xyz... :/ but I guess that is a chance pull off.

Lore: Equip only to a Level 2 or higher monster you control. When a monster is equipped with this card, it's Level is decreased by 1. During each of your End Phases, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. During each of your Stand-By Phases, decrease it's Level by 1. During your opponent's Stand-By Phase, if the equipped card's level is 1, destroy it.

I thinking about negating this equipped card's eff... thoughts?

AN interesting card. Despite being able to damage your opponent overtime, it could also be used as a tool box to get synchro monsters out. However for me the effect would be too slow unless you only wanted the monsters level to come down by 1 and then we have "level Eater" for level 4's and below.

An interesting card on the whole but may need a more powerful effect before I could start using it in my sychro based deck.

The modern Effect Monster doesn't stay on the field longer than 1 or 2 turns before being used for Synchro or Xyz Material. An Equip Card that does slow burn damage and modifies its Level is too slow to be of much use unless the damage is something absurd like 1000 per turn, or unless there are immediate combat benefits.

Archived