[Finished]Blooming Gardens Contest [FINISHED - Please Move]

Chiz Fri

Welcome one and all to the "Blooming Gardens" Contest!

[spoiler='No Longer Relevant Things']

Requirement

Make a Plant-Type monster based on a fruit of your choice. There's a bunch out there, so be creative; I don't want to just see apples and grapes.

However you decide to fill the requirement is totally up to you.

(You may support existing Archetypes, design cards for a character's Deck in the anime/manga or whatever suits you.)

Deadline

November 3, 2014 @ 12:59:59 Central Standard Time (GMT -5)

If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter. (Select USA - Alabama - Huntsville in the "convert to" area)

[spoiler='Rules']

1. Card must be related to fruit in some shape or form. Anything else will not be accepted.

2. Entries must be your own. If you are caught using someone else's entry, you'll be DQ'ed (and possibly reported to a mod for ripping). If your card is being used w/out permission, please PM a mod with proof.

3. Post your card lore underneath the card. It makes it easier for the judges & myself to read the effects, correct OCG and show any such corrections if you request us to do so.

(Just copy/paste the card lore from the generator, and you will not need to manually type it a second time).

4. Written Cards are allowed. I know it's difficult to find suitable pictures at times, so that's why I don't grade on them.

If you enter a Written Card, it has to be text; no using the cardmaker to post a picture-less card.

5. Check over your card before submitting it (grammar, card stats/effect).

While I will allow you to fix minor details before the deadline, you should already have entered it as a final product. If you make any edits, you need to notify me (either in the thread or a PM). Minor details include and are limited to fixing grammar/spelling errors and small aesthetic changes. It does not include changing stats (ATK/DEF, Level, Attribute, Type) or the effect entirely.

This means you are not allowed to completely change your entry.

6. Entries must be new.

7. Use card Attributes, ATK/DEF that exist in the actual TCG/OCG. Fake Attributes/stats are not allowed.

There shouldn't be much reason to deviate from the 6 legal Attributes in the game (DIVINE does not count); cards should fit into one of them.

8. Entries are expected to have some degree of effort put into designing them. Blatantly OPed cards and/or ones that lack any noticeable effort will not be accepted.

9. If you make cards outside of the YCM generator (Yugico, MSE, self template, w/e), make sure that you are able to link to them on the front page. It's advisable you make the card here since it's easier to post your card.

In the case of Pendulums, use Tinypic or w/e image host you use to upload the cards. DO NOT use attachments. If YCM's generator is broken and will not generate IMG codes, just use another image host.

10. Unless you plan to enter / help with the judging or ask about contest-related things, please don't post in this thread.

11. Regular YCM Rules apply.

12. Submit your entries in the thread. Makes it easier for myself and other judges to read/judge your stuff.

[/spoiler]

Entry Fee

This contest is free. Just make sure you submit an entry by the deadline.

[/spoiler]

Participants (Bold has already submitted card)

Simon Blackquill

popbob40

Nobility

BertyCollosal

JamesMuddy

BailasGale

yugiohcreator876

CuriousHeartless

josholche (Necloth Exomirror)

RedEmmisaryofDarkness

Tyretian

Zylph

caezx

Draconus297

[spoiler='The Submissions']

[spoiler='popbop40']

nW3Vhk5.jpg

While you control at least 1 other "Fruit Warrior" card, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='BertyCollosal']

1DZFdyB.jpg

This monster is also considered a Warrior Type. Once per turn,, If there's a Plant Type monster with 5 or more stars on the field; Tribute that monster to inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the tributed monster's base Attack.  Destroy this monster in the End Phase of the turn you use this effect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='JamesMuddy']

Beast Within the Aubergines

Effect / DARK / Level 3 / Plant

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Special Summon one Level 3 or lower Plant-Type monster to your side of the field from your hand or Deck (This is not optional). When you can not Summon any more monsters by this card's effect: Destroy this monster and one Face-Down card on the field. Monsters Summoned by this card's effect can not activate their effects until the End Phase of the turn they are Summoned.

ATK: 300 / DEF: 1000

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='BailasGale']

Pitaya Princess of the Night Cacti

Pendulum/Effect/Scale 9/Lv. 8/Earth

• Pendulum Effect: Once per turn when a Plant-type monster is sent to the graveyard because of a card effect you may add one Plant-type monster with a level equal to or lower than the sent monster's level from your deck to your hand OR Special Summon one Plant-type monster from your graveyard whose level is equal to the sent monster's
  • Monster Effect: Other Plant-type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. 

2800ATK/1900DEF

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='CuriousHeartless']

Persephogranate, Queen of the Fruit Afterlife

DARK

Level 8

Plant/Effect

When this card is Tribute Summoned: Banish all Plant-type monsters in all Graveyards. Other Plant-Type monsters that would be sent to a Graveyard is banished instead. When this card is destroyed by a card your opponent controls (by battle or effect): You can Special Summon any number of banished Plant-Type monsters you control with a total level of 8 or less. You may only control 1 "Persephogranate, Queen of the Fruit Afterlife".

2800 ATK/2300 DEF

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='josholche (Necloth Exomiror']

04eR3NO.jpg

While you control no other monsters, this card cannot be destroyed by battle and can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn: You can target 1 Plant-Type monster in your Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to the Level of that monster x200.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='RedEmmisaryofDarkness']

ouNFJyc.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. This face-up card cannot be target by card effects or for attacks. When this card is flipped face-up, negate all other card effects on the field and in the graveyard until the end of the turn. While this card remains face-up on the field, you can only Special Summon EARTH monsters. If this card leaves the field, Banish it instead. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Nobility']

Oo9ZmRm.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 Plant-Type monsters on the field or in your Graveyard. This card gains 500 ATK for each Plant-Type monster in your Graveyard. Your opponent cannot target Plant-Type monsters for attacks, except this one.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Tyretian']

BD6yCwN.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing all Plant-Type monsters from your Graveyard (min. 3), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot attack. While this card is face-up on the Field, other Plant-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. When this card is destroyed by battle or by an opponent's card effect: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of Plant-Type monsters banished for the summon of this card x 800.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='yugiohcreator876']

TdAJsHS.jpg

During each of your Standby Phase, you gain 200 Life Points for each Apple Token on the field. Once per turn, you can special summon one "Apple Token" on your side of the field (ATK 0/DEF 100)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Zylph']

I1gtQzO.jpg

When this card declares an attack or is targeted for a attack, reduce the atk points of the opponent's monster by 1000 until the end of your next turn. This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='caezx']

CxVUKAs.jpg

If this face-up card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.
While this card is in your Spell/Trap Card Zone, it gains this effects:
All Plant-Type Monsters you control gain 200 ATK.
During your Main Phase 1, you can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls;destroy this card and that target. You can only use this effect of "Peachooter" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Draconus297']

Quick-Growth Persimmon
EARTH - Level 3 - Plant/Union/Effect - 600/1300
This monster cannot attack. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you may equip this card to a Plant-type monster you control as an Equip Spell Card OR dequip it and Special Summon it as a monster in face-up Defense Position. Whenever a Plant-type monster enters the Graveyard, place 1 Growth Counter on this card. During your opponent's turn, if this card is in a Monster Card Zone, reduce the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by 100 times the number of Growth Counters on this card. If this card is being treated as an Equip Spell Card, the equipped monster gains 100 ATK for every Growth Counter on this card. Once per turn, you may remove 3 Growth Counters from this card to activate one of the following effects:
-Target one Plant-type monster you control. The effects of all monsters with less ATK than the target monster are negated.
-Target one Plant-type monster you control. All monsters with less ATK than the target monster cannot declare an attack this turn.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Prizes

1st -  3 reps + Champion prize

2nd - 2 reps + 2nd place prize

3rd - 1 rep + 3rd place prize

4th - 4th place prize

Placement Prizes will be Signature Art with the Name, User Level, Profile Pic, and Name of the contestant, and the title of this contest, based on the fruit their respective cards were based on.

Results

1. Nobility - 90.50
  2. caezx - 86.00
  3. Tyretian - 85.00
  4. BailasGale - 81.83
  5. CuriousHeartless - 81.17
  6. Necloth Exomirror - 80.00
  7. JamesMuddy - 71.33
  8. Zylph - 70.67
  9. Draconus297 - 68.17
  10. popbop40 - 66.33
  11. yugiohcreator876 - 65.67
  12. RedEmissaryofDarkness - 65.00
  13. BertyCollosal - 62.83

Judges

1. René

2. Sakura

3. -Noel-

Grading

RenéTCG - 100 pts

Grammar - 25 pts (Does the card follow the Official Card Grammar well?)

Playability - 20 pts (How well does the card fare in the current meta?)

Balance - 30 pts (Is the card broken or overpowered? Is it too weak and does nothing to make up for it?)

Creativity - 20 pts  (Is the card a fresh take on an old favorite/is it something new entirely?)

Flavor - 5 pts (Does the name/art have some sort of correlation to the effect?)

Sakura Haruno

Balance - 40 (Self-explanatory)

Creativity - 30 (Self-explanatory)

Grammar - 20 (also includes spelling and grammar; you can't make proper cards if your English grammar is horrible; I understand that English isn't the primary language for many of you though)

Theme - 10 (more or less, did you even listen and/or abide by Konami standards)

-Noel-

Playability - 40

Balance - 30 (Note: Balance ≠ Weak)

Creativity - 20

Grammar - 10

EDIT NOV 4: Added the results.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would recommend editing out the rules that you don't really need in the template (or rewrite things in your own words), rather than copy+paste the standard one; especially parts of number 2, since you can't warn for ripping (but you can report any suspicious cases of ripping in PM).

But I'll help with the judging. You should know my grading scale by now, but because I mandated posting it upon submission, a refresher.

OCG - 20 (also includes spelling and grammar; you can't make proper cards if your English grammar is horrible; I understand that English isn't the primary language for many of you though)

hate dislike most vegetables & fruits :( so I think I won't join this (because I'll have no love for whatever I'm gonna make, and that's not good XD). Instead I'll utilize my permanent judging license that I haven't used even once (and now it finally has no effect...) Criteria? let me see...

P (Playability): 40

B (Balance): 30 (Note: Balance ≠ Weak)

C (Creativity): 20

O (OCG): 10

I would recommend editing out the rules that you don't really need in the template (or rewrite things in your own words), rather than copy+paste the standard one; especially parts of number 2, since you can't warn for ripping (but you can report any suspicious cases of ripping in PM).

But I'll help with the judging. You should know my grading scale by now, but because I mandated posting it upon submission, a refresher.

OCG - 20 (also includes spelling and grammar; you can't make proper cards if your English grammar is horrible; I understand that English isn't the primary language for many of you though)

Ok i will do that.

hate dislike most vegetables & fruits :( so I think I won't join this (because I'll have no love for whatever I'm gonna make, and that's not good XD). Instead I'll utilize my permanent judging license that I haven't used even once (and now it finally has no effect...) Criteria? let me see...

P (Playability): 40

B (Balance): 30 (Note: Balance ≠ Weak)

C (Creativity): 20

O (OCG): 10

I'll add you and Sakura to the judge list.

May I enter 2 card? a ritual  monster and it's spell?

Yes, I consider Ritual Monster and Spell as 1 card, even though I probably shouldn't. 

Well in that case,

FMqmHRU.jpg

Must be Ritual Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can Ritual Summon this card with "Mystical Garden Box".
Once per turn, during either player's turn: When your opponent would summon a monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Carrot Soldier Token" (Plant-Type/Earth/Level 3/ATK 1500/DEF 1000) to either side of the field. This card gains 200 ATK for every "Carrot Soldier Token" on the field.

YEoZHyn.jpg

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Carrotinous, The Carrot Lord".
You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 9 or more.

Unfortunately, carrots are not fruit. This card can't be entered as it doesn't fit the theme.

I guess I have time for this! :3

Edited with my submission: 

1DZFdyB.jpg

This monster is also considered a Warrior Type. Once per turn,, If there's a Plant Type monster with 5 or more stars on the field; Tribute that monster to inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the tributed monster's base Attack.  Destroy this monster in the End Phase of the turn you use this effect.

I'll join... What a bad decision.

Oh well, here's my entry!

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Special Summon one Level 3 or lower Plant-Type monster to your side of the field (This is not optional). When you can not Summon any more monsters by this card's effect: Destroy this monster and one Face-Down card on the field. Monsters Summoned by this card's effect can not activate their effects until the End Phase of the turn they are Summoned.

PS: Aubergines are Eggplants.

I'll join... What a bad decision.

Oh well, here's my entry!

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Special Summon one Level 3 or lower Plant-Type monster to your side of the field (This is not optional). When you can not Summon any more monsters by this card's effect: Destroy this monster and one Face-Down card on the field. Monsters Summoned by this card's effect can not activate their effects until the End Phase of the turn they are Summoned.

PS: Aubergines are Eggplants.

Accepted and added. also, thank you for the clarification. I had no clue what the heck an abubergine was. Learn something new everyday!

I'll enter as well. 

I may find a picture later and figure out how to make an actual card, but for now on to the Written card 

Pitaya Princess of the Night Cacti

Pendulum/Effect/Scale 9/Lv. 8/Earth

• Pendulum Effect: Once per turn when a Plant-type monster is sent to the graveyard because of a card effect you may add one Plant-type monster with a level equal to or lower than the sent monster's level from your deck to your hand OR Special Summon one Plant-type monster from your graveyard whose level is equal to the sent monster's
  • Monster Effect: Other Plant-type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. 

2800ATK/1900DEF

Pitaya are commonly known as Dragonfruit. 

Might as well enter a free contest, no harm in trying.

Persephogranate, Queen of the Fruit Afterlife

DARK

Level 8

Plant/Effect

When this card is Tribute Summoned: Banish all Plant-type monsters in all Graveyards. Other Plant-Type monsters that would be sent to a Graveyard are banished instead. When this card is destroyed by a card your opponent controls (by battle or effect): You can Special Summon any number of banished Plant-Type monsters you control with a total level of 8 or less. You may only control 1 "Persephogranate, Queen of the Fruit Afterlife".

2800 ATK/2300 DEF

Obviously a mixture of Persephone and Pomegranate. And may I just say, the title Queen of the Fruit Afterlife may be one of my favorite things to have ever made up.

04eR3NO.jpg

While you control no other monsters, this card cannot be destroyed by battle and can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn: You can target 1 Plant-Type monster in your Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to the Level of that monster x200. 

The rules say to notify you if we make any changes, so I'm just pointing out that I fixed the wording in my card's second ability where I used the word 'is' instead of the proper 'are'. No real impact, just makes it proper English.

I appreciate the notification, and will likewise update the submission on the OP

Archived