[Finished]Blooming Gardens Contest [FINISHED - Please Move]

Chiz Fri

ouNFJyc.jpg 

Might as well have a go at it myself

LORE: Cannot be Special Summoned. This face-up card cannot be target by card effects or for attacks. When this card is flipped face-up, negate all other card effects on the field and in the graveyard until the end of the turn. While this card remains face-up on the field, you can only Special Summon EARTH monsters. If this card leaves the field, Banish it instead. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ouNFJyc.jpg

Might as well have a go at it myself

LORE: Cannot be Special Summoned. This face-up card cannot be target by card effects or for attacks. When this card is flipped face-up, negate all other card effects on the field and in the graveyard until the end of the turn. While this card remains face-up on the field, you can only Special Summon EARTH monsters. If this card leaves the field, Banish it instead. 

Accepted, edited the OP

Oo9ZmRm.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 Plant-Type monsters on the field or in your Graveyard. This card gains 500 ATK for each Plant-Type monster in your Graveyard. Your opponent cannot target Plant-Type monsters for attacks, except this one.[/spoiler]

Because a king gets power from his subjects and protects them.

I will enter!

My entry:

BD6yCwN.jpg

Lore:

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing all Plant-Type monsters from your Graveyard (min. 3), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot attack. While this card is face-up on the Field, other Plant-Type monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. When this card is destroyed by battle or by an opponent's card effect: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of Plant-Type monsters banished for the summon of this card x 800.

Obviously a pun.

I'd like to make a small change:

Beast Within the Aubergines
Effect / DARK / Level 3 / Plant
Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Special Summon one Level 3 or lower Plant-Type monster to your side of the field from your hand or Deck (This is not optional). When you can not Summon any more monsters by this card's effect: Destroy this monster and one Face-Down card on the field. Monsters Summoned by this card's effect can not activate their effects until the End Phase of the turn they are Summoned.
ATK: 300 / DEF: 1000

Bolded part was the part that was added.

I1gtQzO.jpg 

It's based of a durian which is a real fruit, its just not that well known.

Lore

When this card declares an attack or is targeted for a attack, reduce the atk points of the opponent's monster by 1000 until the end of your next turn. This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

Ironically, someone already did a Durian card (scroll up; also same picture it seems); but rules don't say that two competitors are forbidden from making a card based on same fruit.

(Grading the entries that have been currently accepted; since I'm probably going to be busy studying for midterms when this thing nears deadline)

I1gtQzO.jpg

It's based of a durian which is a real fruit, its just not that well known.

Lore

When this card declares an attack or is targeted for a attack, reduce the atk points of the opponent's monster by 1000 until the end of your next turn. This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

Accepted, Added to the OP.

Ironically, someone already did a Durian card (scroll up; also same picture it seems); but rules don't say that two competitors are forbidden from making a card based on same fruit.

(Grading the entries that have been currently accepted; since I'm probably going to be busy studying for midterms when this thing nears deadline)

Go forth and conquer, Sakura. I've been doing the same thing with each new submission.

Can i join with that?

[spoiler='Card']CxVUKAs.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Lore']If this face-up card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.
While this card is in your Spell/Trap Card Zone, it gains this effects:
All Plant-Type Monsters you control gain 200 ATK.
During your Main Phase 1, you can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls;destroy this card and that target. You can only use this effect of "Peachooter" once per turn.[/spoiler]

Can i join with that?

[spoiler='Card']CxVUKAs.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Lore']If this face-up card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.
While this card is in your Spell/Trap Card Zone, it gains this effects:
All Plant-Type Monsters you control gain 200 ATK.
During your Main Phase 1, you can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls;destroy this card and that target. You can only use this effect of "Peachooter" once per turn.[/spoiler]

Accepted & Added to the OP.

3 days remain.

Quick-Growth Persimmon
EARTH - Level 3 - Plant/Union/Effect - 600/1300
This monster cannot attack. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you may equip this card to a Plant-type monster you control as an Equip Spell Card OR dequip it and Special Summon it as a monster in face-up Defense Position. Whenever a Plant-type monster enters the Graveyard, place 1 Growth Counter on this card. During your opponent's turn, if this card is in a Monster Card Zone, reduce the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by 100 times the number of Growth Counters on this card. If this card is being treated as an Equip Spell Card, the equipped monster gains 100 ATK for every Growth Counter on this card. Once per turn, you may remove 3 Growth Counters from this card to activate one of the following effects:
-Target one Plant-type monster you control. The effects of all monsters with less ATK than the target monster are negated.
-Target one Plant-type monster you control. All monsters with less ATK than the target monster cannot declare an attack this turn.

Assuming TC and -Aqua- remembered this contest still exists, I'll post the scores now.

I'd like to note that I graded these relatively quick, due to midterms.

[spoiler=Sakura's Grades]

Popbop40

B: 29 (lack of Fruit Warriors prevents a better analysis of this; also note R4 spam on it to some extent, depending on what the others do; should you make them)

C: 21

O: 19

T: 10

Total: 79

BertyColossal

B: 22 (Essentially anti-Plant in mirror matches, and also a forced Type specific version of Catapult Turtle or w/e card burns for full ATK right now)

C: 17

O: 11.5

Total: 60.5

JamesMuddy

B: 27 (Keep in mind the warning .Saber wrote about non-targeting destruction in his guide; also R3 Xyz/Tribute fodder)

C: 20

O: 16

Total: 73

BailasGale

B: 33

C: 24

O: 13.5 (capitalization, numeral/word stuff and commas)

Total: 80.5

CuriousHeartless

B: 35

C: 27

O: 18.5 (quantity agreement on destruction effect and some other minor stuff)

Total: 90.5

josholche

B: 32

C: 22

O: 20

Total: 84

RedEmissary

B: 23 (in other words, unless your opponent uses RDA or some other sweep destruction card, it isn't going anywhere; especially with duplicates)

C: 20

O: 14

Total: 67

Nobility

B: 36 (Did you mean for this card to be a (semi)-Nomi or full-on; assuming it's former)

C: 28

O: 19.5

Total: 93.5

Tyretian

B: 34

C: 24

O: 19

Total: 87

yugiohcreater876

B: 28

C: 20 (it's slow LP restoration)

O: 16

T: 6 (lost points because you made a DIVINE monster; remember that you are being held to RC standards)

Total: 70

Zylph

C: 21

O: 15

Total: 74

caezx

B: 36

C: 24 (so it adopts the CB mechanic and grants a small boost and a 1-time MST of sorts; hmm)

O: 20

Total: 90

Draconus297

B: 31

C: 23

O: 10.5

Total: 74.5

[/spoiler]

Haven't done judging in a while (likely a year or so), so feel free to ask if you think I graded your cards wrong at any points

[spoiler='My Grading']

Popbob40

P: 25 (You should at least know that custom cards based on a custom archetype won't be judged by what they can do in that archetype, but based only on what they can do with those 3 copies. This is the best score I can give you.)

B: 21 (I'm saying it here, the card that I considered too weak (by weak, I already helped you by comparing them to pre-Zexal era cards.) won't get more than 21 points)

C: 10

O: 8

Total: 64

BertyCollosal

P: 30 (Aside from being a specific side, I don't see this being used in any Plant deck as you -2 yourself just for some mediocre damage. The typing make it searchable by ROTA, so as a side it's an easy one to use and actually worth the space, even Plant is not so relevant..)

B: 22 (Even being the card's only relevant point, but Tributing an opponent's monster as a cost is not a good design, no matter how harsh the drawback you slapped in just to cover that point.)

C: 14

O: 6

Total: 72

JamesMuddy

P: 31 (Given that you keep it alive by cards such as Safe Zone, this'd be crazy, though its effect is too slow on that body.)

B: 18 (Srsly, having a non-target removal is not even a point to deduct the score from this part, I don't see that effect being used as it'd mean decking out. The only obviosuly bad design in the card is OPT free SS from the Deck.)

C: 11

O: 7

Total: 67

BailasGale

P: 35 (Pretty neat, not much to say.)

C: 15

O: 3

Total: 81

CuriousHearless

P: 38 (Another Plant support that actually works better as an anti-Plant. It could be used as a side card against Plant deck and could be easily Summoned by Lonefire (that could be tech along with your card, and even not ruining the Graveyard, but a single-Type Macro and a mass SS if you also tech Spore/Redox/Tempest/etc. is viable.)

B: 24 (That aside, Macro is never considered a good design, nor that Mass Summoning does. Points have to be deducted in that regard.)

C: 14 

O: 6

Total: 82

josholche

P: 34 (Has a beatstick potential if you could keep this alive and have a well-set Grave)

B: 30

C: 12

O: 10

Total: 86

RedEmmisaryofDarkness

P: 40 (make a broken card to get this is not a good way, you can still make a card that both useful and balanced. See 3 members above you.)

B: 1 (Yea, a card that basically invulnerable just by Summoning or force your opponent to waste a non-target removal (either is OP) and is able to negate such a wide range of cards on that 2.5 body of Lv.4 is not OK.)

C: 7

O: 7

Total: 55

Nobility

P: 36 (Pretty neat mid to late-game)

B: 28 (It maybe only me, but I think lack of OPT or 1 copy restriction could lead this to something that has a terrible concept *cough*JD.dek*cough* like focus solely on milling then retrieve this with something, and with that stat, it's a Dark Eruption's target which is actually better than MR.

C: 17

O: 9

Total: 90

Tyretian

P: 37 (Nice boss)

B: 27 (Unlike the above card, the spamming issue is solved with its SScon, though I have to say that I don't like the burn concept so much, especially with a card that could deal 3k+ dmg in a 1 go. Sure you need a whole game's investment and non-destruction is so common, but still.)

C: 16

O: 9

Total: 89

yugiohcreator876

P: 33 (The token is neat as a fodder after you LB'd this and use something to revive LB back)

B: 24 (Freely SS a Token on that defensive body sounds a bit iffy. Also -5 for Divine-Attribute)

C: 12

Total: 77

Zylph

P: 30 (The fact that it need to be face-up on the field to trigger its weakening effect killed its usability a bit as there's no surprise stat lose, though the wall is not bad)

B: 27

C: 10

Total: 75

caezx

P: 30 (an additional MST that waste NS.. looks good but also slow.. (though that's good point for Balance))

B: 30

C: 20 (I have to say that this is the best card in term of creativity imo, nice mechanic adaptation, gj.)

Total: 88

Draconus297

P: 28 (So it's a Union that collect Counters, you have to say about that with a specific clause (though points are to be deducted in OCG, not here.) As is, it's a slow card that doesn't protect the equipped monster like most Union did, and instead only give a minimal boost. The blanket negation may sounds nice at first, but it's literally a winmoar which is not good for both Playability and Balance & Design.

B: 25 (Being a winmoar is not a good design)

C: 11

O: 0 (You can ask for a correction, I'm certain I got more than 10 points...)

Total: 64

[/spoiler]

Took me a while, but now it's done :)

I like my grades, but what do you mean by 'quantity agreement on destruction effect'?

When this card is Tribute Summoned: Banish all Plant-Type monsters from all("either" or "both" sounds better and more realistic. It also worked in Battle Royale as if it was used "all", no points deduction tho.) Graveyards. Any Plant-Type monsters that would be sent to the Graveyard is banished instead. When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon any number of banished Plant-Type monsters you control whose total Levels equal to 8 or less. You can only control 1 "Persephogranate, Queen of the Fruit Afterlife".

Since Sakura is offline, I decided to correct your OCG as well as answering that in place of him. He's probably talking about what I also fixed, that "When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect)" line.

I came in sixth in both cases...So sad. Other than grammar what was wrong with my card? I thought the plant princesses would love it.

The reason you lose 5 scores from my Playability is that the monster in question is a Pendulum, which imo really counterproductive to said deck's synergy with Gigaplant, but at the same time the said Pendulum Effect is a bit iffy as an OPT free Monster Reborn (would be better if you make it can't SS that just milled monster) though I only deducted 2 points from balance since it also require quite a condition to trigger.

What corrections would I need to make for OCG?

This card cannot attack. Each time a Plant-Type monster is sent to the Graveyard, place 1 Growth Counter on this card (This effect applies even if this card is treated as an Equip Card by its own effect.) Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 Plant-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target as an Equip Spell Card OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it as a monster in face-up Defense Position. The equipped monster gains 100 ATK for each Growth Counter on this card. During your opponent's turn, while this card is in a Monster Card Zone, monsters your opponent controls lose 100 ATK for each Growth Counter on this card. Once per turn: You can remove 3 Growth Counters from this card to activate 1 of the following effects:
-Target 1 Plant-Type monster you control; negate the effects of all face-up monsters on the field with less ATK than that target.
-Target 1 Plant-Type monster you control; All monsters with less ATK than that target cannot declare an attack during this turn.

Here you are. I also relocated some line to make it looks better and realistic, hope you can also use proper OCG soon. I criticized it along with your card design like a million time in Create a card game thread, though you literally show no improvement...

MY RESULTS ARE IN!

[spoiler='popbop40']

Grammar:21

Playability: 16

Balance: 19

Creativity: 12

Flavor: 3

Total: 71

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='BertyCollosal']

Grammar: 10

Playability: 12

Balance: 20

Creativity: 10

Flavor: 4

Total: 56

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='JamesMuddy']

Grammar: 19

Playability: 15

Balance: 19

Creativity: 17

Total: 74

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='BailasGale']

Grammar: 22

Playability: 18

Balance: 23

Total: 84

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='CuriousHeartless']

Grammar: 21

Playability: 13

Balance: 20

Creativity: 14

Total: 71

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Necloth Exomirror']

Grammar: 23

Playability: 14

Balance: 18

Creativity: 13

Flavor: 2

Total: 70

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='RedEmmisaryofDarkness']

Balance: 17

Total: 73

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Nobility']

Grammar: 24

Playability: 18

Balance: 25

Total: 88

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Tyretian']

Balance: 21

Creativity: 18

Total: 79

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='yugiohcreator876']

Grammar: 13

Playability: 10

Balance: 16

Creativity: 9

Flavor: 2

Total: 50

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Zylph']

Grammar: 14

Balance: 18

Total: 63

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='caezx']

Grammar: 18

Playability: 17

Balance: 23

Creativity: 18

Total: 80

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Draconus297']

Grammar: 19

Balance: 13

Creativity: 16

Total: 66

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='My Top 4']

1) Nobility - 88

2) BalaisGale - 84

3) caezx - 80

4) Tyretian - 79

[/spoiler]

The scores from all three judges will be averaged together and we will have a decisive Top 4 soon!

Archived