This is what happens when I get bored at 3 AM and do a thing for 12 hours. I actually thought up the S/T while I was making this post with just the monsters. To prevent any debates from the extreme overanalysts... they're all girls. the robots are piloted by girls.

If you feel the need to suggest an image for a future card (really, I'll appreciate not needing to find more images that fit the criteria) the requirements are:

In general: No recognizable characters. Don't send me a photo of Yoko Litner or Kagome and expect it to be used.

For Warrior-types:

1. The warrior shown is female. (99% female tribe, no men to spare for war)
  2. She has practical armor that would actually protect her, Artillery Sprite is the only allowed exception because she is not actually part of the tribe in their lore, but an ally.

For Spellcaster-types:

1. Female mage (99% female tribe, no men to spare for war)
  2. Passes the eyeball test as at least 14 years old.

For Machine-types:

1. Absolution is about as close to a Gundam as they'll get. None of that, please.

Cards added after the initial group will be posted in update posts below. In this post there will always be sorting by card type (background colors)

Artillery Sprite's image will be fixed in 7 years when YCM gets Pendulums.

[spoiler='The Cards (spoilered to compress the page)']

[spoiler='Monster Cards']

[spoiler='Normal Monsters']
uGZ8rZa.jpg

Hopeful Hime

2000 / 300

Level 4 | EARTH | Warrior | Normal Monster

Lore:

"Against unfathomable hordes we fight. Myself on the front lines bolsters the resolve of my commander, though it drives my sister berserk. Their army was endless... and just as hope for an end was nearly lost, a new ally appeared to me and promised aid, from the most unlikely of sources. We can only hope these gifts will be enough."

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Effect Monsters']

GhfsmDY.jpg

Berserk Maiden

1700 / 300

Level 4 | EARTH | Warrior | Effect Monster

Effect:

1. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: if your opponent controls an attack position monster(s), this card can attack again in a row.
  2. If this card attacks a defense position monster your opponent controls, inflict piercing battle damage.
  3. When this card destroys a monster by battle: place 1 Warfare Counter on this card.

9zGmK7Z.jpg

Resolute Commander

Level 6 | EARTH | Warrior | Effect Monster

2300/300

Effect:

1. While you control another face-up "Solemn Soldier" monster: this card cannot be targeted for an attack or by a card effect.
  2. During your Standby Phase: Place 1 Warfare Counter on every face-up "Solemn Soldier" card you control.
  3. When a "Solemn Soldier" card with Warfare Counters on it is destroyed: place all Warfare Counters on that card on this card.
  4. Once per turn: You can remove all Warfare Counters from this card; Special Summon 1 "Solemn Soldier" monster from your Main Deck with a Level equal to or less than the number of Warfare Counters removed.
  5. You can only control 1 face-up "Solemn Soldier - Resolute Commander".

Nfk8Nyj.jpg

Solemn Soldier - Valiant Knightcorn

1500 / 300

When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard; Special Summon up to 2 monsters with 300 DEF from your hand or Deck.

cvA4KVF.jpg

Solemn Soldier - Sigil Sisters

Level 4 | EARTH | Warrior | Tuner | Effect Monster

1000 / 300

1. Cannot be used as a Synchro material for a Synchro Summon, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Solemn Soldier" monster.
  2. Once per turn: if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed.
  3. When this card is Normal Summoned: if your Graveyard has more Warrior-type monsters in it than your opponent's, you can draw cards up to your Graveyard's current Warrior-type monster surplus (max. 3). This effect of "Solemn Soldier - Sigil Sisters" can only be activated once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Pendulum Monster']

Fa3N1nI.jpg

Artillery Sprite

Level 4 | EARTH | Warrior | Tuner | Pendulum Monster

Pendulum_Scale.png 7

1900 / 300

Pendulum Effect

1. If you do not control another "Solemn Soldier" card in your other Pendulum Zone: this card's Pendulum Scales become 4.
  2. When a face-up "Solemn Soldier" monster you control is destroyed: place 1 Warfare Counter on this card.
  3. When a "Solemn Soldier" card is banished: place 1 Warfare Counter on this card.
  4. "Solemn Soldier" monsters you control gain 250 ATK.

Monster Effect

1. If this card is Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck: it cannot be used as Synchro Material for a Synchro Summon for the rest of this turn.
  2. You can remove 2 Warfare Counters from a card(s) you control: target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. This card cannot attack for 2 turns after activating this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Synchro Monsters']

NEzcWou.jpg

Solemn Soldier - Maiden of Divine Justice

Level 8 | EARTH | Warrior | Synchro | Effect 

1400/300

1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 or more "Solemn Soldier" monsters

1. You can treat face-up Xyz Monsters you control as Level 0 Synchro Material monsters for the Synchro Summon of this card.
  2. While you control a face-up Spellcaster-type Xyz Monster, this card cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects.
  3. During your End Phase: If you do not control another Warrior-type monster; return this card to the Extra Deck.
  4. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon one "Solemn Soldier - Berserk Maiden" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, its effects are negated until your next Standby Phase.
  5. This card gains additional effects depending on the number of Xyz Monsters used as Synchro Material for its Synchro Summon:
    1. 1+: This card's original ATK becomes 3400.
    2. 2+: If this card battles a Fiend-type monster, destroy that Fiend-type monster at the end of the Damage Step and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK.
    3. 3+: Negate the effect to return this card to the Extra Deck if you do not control another Warrior-type monster.

Lore Identity: Berserk Maiden after absorbing all of the energy in F.I.N.A.L.E.'s failing power core with aid from Progenitor Technomancer and Artillery Sprite's magic skills.

9IAwX6J.jpg

Erazure mkVIII

Level 8 | EARTH | Machine | Synchro | Effect

2000 / 300

1 "Solemn Soldier" Tuner + 1 non-tuner "Solemn Soldier"monster

1. Once per turn: if this card was Synchro Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned Synchro Material(s); it cannot be destroyed by card effects.
  2. When this card battles an opponent's defense position monster: inflict piercing battle damage.
  3. While you control this face-up monster: other face-up "Solemn Soldier" monsters you control cannot be attacked.

tPHd3pJ.jpg

Absolution mkX

Level 10 | EARTH | Machine | Synchro | Effect

3400 / 300

1 "Solemn Soldier" Tuner + 1 non-Tuner "Solemn Soldier" monster

1. Once per turn: if this card was Synchro Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned Synchro Material(s); it cannot be destroyed by card effects.
  2. Once per turn: If a face-up "Solemn Soldier" card, except this card, would be destroyed, this card loses 600 ATK instead.
  3. You cannot activate Spell cards.

oZTRACu.jpg

F.I.N.A.L.E. (have fun with the acronym. It means nothing)

Level 12 | EARTH | Machine | Synchro | Effect

4500 / 300

1 "Solemn Soldier" Tuner + 1 non-Tuner "Solemn Soldier" Synchro monster

1. Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
  2. Once per turn: if this card was Synchro Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned Synchro Material(s); it cannot be destroyed by card effects.
  3. You cannot activate Spell or Trap cards.
  4. You can remove all Warfare Counters on the field and target cards in your opponent's hand or on their field, up to the number of counters removed; destroy those targets and, if you do, inflict 100 damage to both players for each card destroyed.
  5. This card loses 900 ATK and gains 300 DEF each Standby Phase.
  6. During your End Phase: banish the top 3 cards of your Main Deck and pay 500 LP. If you do not: banish this card and destroy all other cards you control.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Xyz Monsters']

CC3NS2F.jpg

Spellblader Sorceress

Rank 6 | EARTH | Spellcaster | Xyz | Effect

2600 / 300

2 or more Level 6 EARTH Warrior-type monsters

1. You can also Xyz Summon this card using 3 or more non-Xyz "Solemn Soldier" monsters you control as the Xyz Material.
  2. Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: add 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.
  3. This card gains 600 ATK for each face-up Spell Card you control.
  4. Once per turn, during your Battle Phase: You can detach 3 Xyz Materials from this card and banish up to 4 Spell Cards you control; gain 1000 LP for each Spell card banished this way.

rClhviK.jpg

Warcrux Witch

Rank 4 | EARTH | Spellcaster | Xyz | Effect

2300 / 300

2 Level 4 "Solemn Soldier" monsters

1. Once per turn: if this card was Xyz Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned Xyz Material(s); it cannot be destroyed by battle.
  2. Once per turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 Normal Spell Card whose card text includes "Warrior-type" from your Deck to your hand. Cards with the same name as that card cannot be activated for the rest of this turn.
  3. You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Special Summon 1 "Solemn Soldier" monster from your Graveyard. Banish it when it leaves the field.

za2lUqW.jpg

Progenitor Technomancer
Rank 4 | EARTH | Spellcaster | Xyz Monster | Effect
2600/300

3 Level 4 Monsters

1. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can add 1 EARTH Warrior-type monster from your Deck to your hand.
  2. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and pay 600 LP; place 1 EARTH Pendulum Monster from your Deck or Graveyard in your Pendulum Zone.
  3. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and remove any number of Warfare Counters from cards you control; Special Summon 1 EARTH Warrior-type monster from your hand with a Level less than or equal to the number of Warfare Counters removed.
  4. You can only activate 1 effect of "Solemn Soldier - Progenitor Technomancer" per turn, and only once per turn.

HrOrxkU.jpg

Solemn Soldier - Armed Apprentice

Rank 4 | EARTH | Spellcaster | Xyz | Effec

1000/300

2 Level 4 EARTH Warrior-type monsters

• This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect while it has Xyz Material.
  • Once per turn: you can detach all Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-type monster from your Deck.
  • While this card has no Xyz Materials: it gains the following effects:
    • • This card is treated as a Level 4 Warrior-type Synchro Tuner monster, also it is no longer treated as a Rank 4 Xyz Monster.
    • • This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Synchro monster that lists a "1 Tuner Synchro Monster" as a Synchro Material monster.

Lore Identity: A younger Progenitor Technomancer, still learning the craft from Artillery Sprite.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spell Cards']

gCRYIlX.jpg

Dhasheimr, Kingdom of the Solemn Soldiers

Field Spell

Effect:

1. Once per turn: you can Special Summon 1 "Solemn Soldier" monster from your hand.
  2. The Special Summon of a Warrior-type monster(s) cannot be negated.
  3. If this face-up card would be destroyed, you can remove 3 Warfare counters from cards you control instead.

TrUosjJ.jpg

Secret Sword of the Solemn Soldiers

Equip Spell

1. Equip only to a Warrior-type or Spellcaster-type monster.
  2. The Equipped monster is treated as both Warrior-type and Spellcaster-type, also it gains 600 ATK for each face-up monster that shares a type with the equipped monster.
  3. You can tribute the monster equipped with this card; Special Summon 1 of your banished Level 4 Warrior-type monsters. That monster is returned to the bottom of the Deck when it leaves the field.

G88aob5.jpg

On the Warpath

Normal Spell

Activate only while you control a "Solemn Soldier" monster. Excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck; you can Special Summon any number of "Solemn Soldier" monsters among them in face-up defense position then send the rest to the Graveyard. You can only activate "On the Warpath" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Trap Card']

8be0V26.jpg

Soldiering Onwards

Continuous Trap

1. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 EARTH monster with 300 DEF from your Graveyard. It cannot attack or activate its effect(s) this turn.
  2. When this card is removed from the field(except by its own effect); destroy and banish any monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect.
  3. When a monster Special Summoned by this card's effect would be destroyed by a card effect (except the effect of "Soldiering Onwards"); you can banish this card instead, and if you do, take damage equal to that monster's ATK.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Lore: (connected to http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/324967-archetype-skydaemons/ )

This tribe of 95% females is at constant war defending against the invading Skydaemons. There is never going to be a male card, it's too risky to have their men on the battlefield. And the two forces are evenly matched, neither able to get the upper hand. The Main Deck Warriors and Xyz Spellcasters matched their enemy blow for blow, but even when they were beaten and broken... The Skydaemons would flee and regroup, whereas the Soldiers would push forward even through having their skeletons powdered to see their homes defended.  (Soldiering Onwards) Not even their beloved leader (Hopeful Hime), wielding their most powerful relic, the Royal Spellsword (Secret Sword of the Solemn Soldiers), could turn the tides, and despair started to creep into the hearts of the embattled women.

Then, one day, Artillery Sprite appeared in the Solemn Soldiers' camp, and met with their princesses with an offer to help end the war, having an old score to settle with the Skydaemon. Shocking even their most powerful mages, Sprite ripped open time itself and called forth three battle machines (the Synchros) from the far-off future.

The trip took it's toll on the armorsuits, however, and the more powerful two had damage to critical systems (Absolution & F.I.N.A.L.E.'s backrow lockouts) that simply could not be repaired in the current time, and their power reactors would eventually run out of juice (the ATK drops) Thankfully, the mightiest of the three was so huge it served as a mobile fortress capable of sheltering the entire tribe. (F.I.N.A.L.E. gains DEF to simulate the transformation into a fortress) The least powerful (Erazure) managed to endure with only paint scraping off, and the metal monstrosities came equipped with a barrier that could project outwards to protect more than just the pilots.(the protect effect that costs ATK for Absolution and the one that doesn't for Erazure). For all their power, this damage would prove to be the reason these machines were not enough, and though the Skydaemons' numbers were drastically reduced to but a handful, that handful were able to easily overpowe the undamaged Erazure once it was alone on the battlefield.

The machines were far from useless to the soldiers, however, and spelled victory for them when Berserk Maiden, the second-born princess of the tribe, absorbed energies of the recovered power cores of Absolution and F.I.N.A.L.E. into her very soul through the newly-invented magicks of Technomancy developed by Artillery Sprite and her Apprentice (Armed Apprentice -> Progenitor Technomancer). By drawing upon the power now safely locked deep within her spirit, the warrior princess transformed into a devastating fighter, whose strength was like that of the Gods in the eyes of the civilians taking shelter in the now inert shell of F.I.N.A.L.E.'s heavy armor. Her only goal being to find justice for her people. (Maiden of Divine Justice).

Drawing on the power using only her own mediocre magical skill, however, would lead to the energies retreating back into the core of her essence in short order. (MoDJ self-bounce effect) It is only with the help of all her magical comrades (3+ Xyz used as material), could she pull enough energy out to maintain it indefinitely. (negate the self-bounce) Once she dismissed the form, it would be sealed away into her soul once more, and the limitations for calling it out on her own would return.

But even with the last of the Skydaemons defeated... eventually, another enemy would rise to fill the vacuum.

The archetype itself is really cool and I do like it a lot, however I feel like there are a few things that I should bring up.

1. From what I can see, it lacks search power. A Normal Summon searcher or a Spell searcher would be good for this.
  2. I don't think Pendulum Monsters can have 2 different scales. A workaround would be to give them an effect that changes their Pendulum Scales to either 3 or 7 if they control another "Solemn Soldier" Pendulum, with the original Scale being 4.
  3. Considering a lot of this archetype seems very Pendulum-focused, you may want to give Artillery Sprite 1500 ATK, so that it's searchable by Odd-Eyes.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT: By the way, F.I.N.A.L.E's name and artwork is awesome. Kudos for that.

1. RotA is at 3. Everything Main Deck is a Level 4 Warrior except Resolute Commander. They don't need it. But I'll work something out. Mystic Empire (the MYEMP in the Set IDs) still has 67 open slots to fill.
  2. The official rulebook states that a Pendulum Monster placed in the left Pendulum Zone uses its left Pendulum Scale value and a Pendulum Monster placed in the right Pendulum Zone uses its right Pendulum Scale value, implying that monsters may have different Pendulum Scale values written on the card. However, no Pendulum Monsters released to date have different values in their Pendulum Scales. What I have now is a way of doing what you said with less text, anyway.
  3. And Odd-Eyes will be a dead draw if you already have your Sprites set up. Not to mention that as a Scale 4 it's useless otherwise in a 99.999% Level 4 Main Deck.  Sprite is staying as is, and searching it will remain as through RotA and future cards I add in. Also, If you complete the Sprite-only Pendulum Arc, the entire Archetype gets +2000 ATK. I don't think something like that should be easily searched.

[spoiler='New cards']

G88aob5.jpg

On the Warpath

Normal Spell

Activate only while you control a "Solemn Soldier" monster. Excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck; you can Special Summon any number of "Solemn Soldier" monsters among them in face-up defense position then send the rest to the Graveyard. You can only activate "On the Warpath" once per turn.

Nfk8Nyj.jpg

Solemn Soldier - Valiant Knightcorn

1500 / 300

When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard; Special Summon up to 2 monsters with 300 DEF from your hand or Deck.

cvA4KVF.jpg

Solemn Soldier - Sigil Sisters

Level 4 | EARTH | Warrior | Tuner | Effect Monster

1000 / 300

1. Cannot be used as a Synchro material for a Synchro Summon, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Solemn Soldier" monster.
  2. Once per turn: if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed.
  3. When this card is Normal Summoned: if your Graveyard has more Warrior-type monsters in it than your opponent's, you can draw cards up to your Graveyard's current Warrior-type monster surplus (max. 3). This effect of "Solemn Soldier - Sigil Sisters" can only be activated once per turn.

[/spoiler]

Looks good! I would add another 4 star xyz in there. With all that special summoning power, it'd bee good to have one more thing to be able to take advantage of it. Though I gotta say, I think Knightcorn might be OP. That's pretty much a free Spellblader with no cost. Maybe add a cost to the effect.

You can only control 1 Resolute Commander, and no other Level 6 EARTH Warrior has 300 DEF. I checked. So it isn't a free Spellblader. That is exactly why Spellblader is so specific in it's materials. Also her Alternate Summon Condition is 3 non-Xyz "Solemn Soldiers", and Knightcorn Summons only 2. You still have to make that last one yourself.

...or you could just use RUM - Astral Force.

[spoiler='New Card']

za2lUqW.jpg

Progenitor Technomancer
Rank 4 | EARTH | Spellcaster | Xyz Monster | Effect
2600/300

3 Level 4 Monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can add 1 EARTH Warrior-type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and pay 600 LP; place 1 EARTH Pendulum Monster from your Deck or Graveyard in your Pendulum Zone. You can detach 1 Xyz Material attach from this card and remove any number of Warfare Counters from cards you control; Special Summon 1 EARTH Warrior-type monster from your hand with a Level less than or equal to the number of Warfare Counters removed. You can only activate 1 effect of "Solemn Soldier - Progenitor Technomancer" per turn, and only once per turn.

Lore Identity: One of the Sigil Sisters after being apprenticed to Artillery Sprite to learn the magics involved with calling the machine Synchros. Specifically, the unarmored one in the left of that picture.[/spoiler]

Overall, I like the feel of the archetype. My only 'nitpick' with this is with F.I.N.A.L.E. in that its loses 900 ATK for only 300 DEF. But I may be overlooking something. 

The most likely scenario in which it will enter the battlefield is with 2 Artillery Sprites in the Pendulum Zones. This puts F.I.N.A.L.E. at 6500 ATK when it first hits the field.

6500 / 900 = 8 turns before it hits 0.

It will have the following stats on the given turn it's been on the field.

1. 6500/300
  2. 5600/600
  3. 4700/900
  4. 3800/1200
  5. 2900/1500
  6. 2000/1800
  7. 1100/2100
  8. 200/2400
  9. 0/2700

300 * 8 = 2400 + 300 Original DEF = 2700 final potential DEF

In the Lore, F.I.N.A.L.E. suffered critical damage to the power reactor on a trip through a hole in time, resulting in an energy leak that would eventually leave it with only ballistic weapons (removing the Warfare Counters to do a controlled nuking) and its immense size for defenses. the relatively low DEF is to represent the lack of energy force fields. This same damage to more systems is why F.I.N.A.L.E. and Absolution prevent the use of varying amounts of backrow.

There is a distinct possibility I will remove or lessen F.I.N.A.L.E.'s Effect #4 Maintenance cost of banishing 3 topdecks and 400 LP each EP. since a 0/2700 is not quite worth the cost of 12 cards and 1600 LP. (It loses stats on your Opponent's Turn too, but the maintenance is your turn only) I would enjoy specific feedback on this matter. Bear in mind F.I.N.A.L.E. is the Archetype's Final Boss.

Double post,  but blegh. I com up with cards WAY too fast... no other content for this post, so no spoiler shrink

gCRYIlX.jpg

Dhasheimr, Kingdom of the Solemn Soldiers

Field Spell

Effect:

1. Once per turn: you can Special Summon 1 "Solemn Soldier" monster from your hand.
  2. The Special Summon of a Warrior-type monster(s) cannot be negated.
  3. If this face-up card would be destroyed, you can remove 3 Warfare counters from cards you control instead.

You can only control 1 Resolute Commander, and no other Level 6 EARTH Warrior has 300 DEF. I checked. So it isn't a free Spellblader. That is exactly why Spellblader is so specific in it's materials. Also her Alternate Summon Condition is 3 non-Xyz "Solemn Soldiers", and Knightcorn Summons only 2. You still have to make that last one yourself.

/spoiler]

Yeah, didn't see that you can only control 1 Commander. Looks good now!

• 2 weeks later...

New cards!

[spoiler="Solemn Soldier - Armed Apprentice"]

WcsfgjD.jpg

Rank 4 | EARTH | Spellcaster | Xyz | Effect

1000/300

• This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect while it has Xyz Material.
  • Once per turn: you can detach all Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior-type monster from your Deck.
    • This card is treated as a Level 4 Warrior-type Synchro Tuner monster.
    • This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Synchro monster that lists a "1 Tuner Synchro Monster" as a Synchro Material monster.

Lore Identity: A younger Progenitor Technomancer, still learning the craft from Artillery Sprite.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Solemn Soldier - Maiden of Divine Justice"]

NEzcWou.jpg

Solemn Soldier - Maiden of Divine Justice

Level 8 | EARTH | Warrior | Synchro | Effect 

1400/300

1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 or more "Solemn Soldier" monsters

1. You can treat face-up Xyz Monsters you control as Level 0 Synchro Material monsters for the Synchro Summon of this card.
  2. While you control a face-up Spellcaster-type Xyz Monster, this card cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects.
  3. During your End Phase: If you do not control another Warrior-type monster; return this card to the Extra Deck.
  4. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon one "Solemn Soldier - Berserk Maiden" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, its effects are negated until your next Standby Phase.
  5. This card gains additional effects depending on the number of Xyz Monsters used as Synchro Material for its Synchro Summon:
    1. 1+: This card's original ATK becomes 3400.
    2. 2+: If this card battles a Fiend-type monster, destroy that Fiend-type monster at the end of the Damage Step and inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK.
    3. 3+: Negate the effect to return this card to the Extra Deck if you do not control another Warrior-type monster.

Lore Identity: Berserk Maiden after absorbing all of the energy in F.I.N.A.L.E.'s failing power core with aid from Progenitor Technomancer and Artillery Sprite's magic skills.[/spoiler]

REALLY like those new cards. The effects are creative and very workable. Only minor complain is that the archetpye is getting a bit big and a bit scattered now that it's reliant on both synchros and Xyz monsters. I think you sould choose between having F.I.N.A.L.E as your boss monster or Divine Justice. You don't need both, and I actually think that having the Xyzs and Divine Justice are great without the mechs.  But yeah, really feeling the effects of the two new monsters. Able to take advantage of all of your Xyzs to summon a potentially really powerful monster. Great job!

REALLY like those new cards. The effects are creative and very workable. Only minor complain is that the archetype is getting a bit big and a bit scattered now that it's reliant on both synchros and Xyz monsters. I think you should choose between having F.I.N.A.L.E as your boss monster or Divine Justice. You don't need both, and I actually think that having the Xyzs and Divine Justice are great without the mechs.  But yeah, really feeling the effects of the two new monsters. Able to take advantage of all of your Xyzs to summon a potentially really powerful monster. Great job!

Thanks! At this point I'm just using these two warring Archetypes to pad out an actual Set called Mystic Empire. (MYEMP). But I'm trying to advance their story a little too.

Maiden of Divine Justice is basically Berserk Maiden going Super Saiyan through Technomancer and Sprite's combined magicks after the big machines ran out of power. As reflected in their effects, Absolution and F.I.N.A.L.E. eventually get defeated because they entered the war damaged and lost power. The Skydaemon's Fusions would then overpower a lone Erazure.

There is a 99% chance of a Spell/Trap Card coming with art depicting Maiden's ascension and/or a Spell/Trap depicting the destruction of the mechs. It all depends on if I can find an Art major on-campus at my university willing to draw the scenes, or if somehow there is a Google Image Result to match them.

Also, look over Divine Justice again, I thought of this storyline work-in seconds before you posted and just now finished editing the card to include an effect reflecting this. She summons a Berserk Maiden from not-the-Banish-Pile when she leaves the Field now. Representing a scenario where her powerup runs out.

Her 1 or more "Solemn Soldier" monsters requirement stands for the Xyz used as Sync-materials, and all Solemn Soldier Xyz are Spellcasters. The flavor is that more of her mage comrades are helping to improve the stability of her power-up to Divine Justice.

There are currently 8 unique Extra Deck cards in the Archetype, and newly amongst the Xyz is a transforming card that becomes an L4 Synchro Tuner when her materials are used up, and they get used up very quickly. Armed Apprentice is pretty much designed to do nothing but bring out Divine Justice, and wall if it can't.

As for the sheer size of the archetype... I think the Soldiers are finished now with Divine Justice. More Spell and Trap may come, but I am definitely finished with their monsters. At least it won't reach HERO proportions.

I took a look, and well, this archetype looks really interesting. It has an interesting playstyle, as it incorporates almost all elements of YGO gameplay: synchro, xyz and pendulum monsters (no fusion or ritual, but no helping it), counters, etc etc. Resolute Commander IS a bit OP, considering that Dhaseimir would let you easily summon her, but all in all, it's a pretty interesting archetype, and certainly not more OP than some other archetypes we all know.

Also, I love the DT-ish cyber/fantasy blend and the lore.

I'll definitely take a look to Skydaemons tomorrow.

I took a look, and well, this archetype looks really interesting. It has an interesting playstyle, as it incorporates almost all elements of YGO gameplay: synchro, xyz and pendulum monsters (no fusion or ritual, but no helping it), counters, etc etc. Resolute Commander IS a bit OP, considering that Dhasheimr would let you easily summon her, but all in all, it's a pretty interesting archetype, and certainly not more OP than some other archetypes we all know.

Also, I love the DT-ish cyber/fantasy blend and the lore.

I'll definitely take a look to Skydaemons tomorrow.

Skydaemons have monopoly in this war on the Fusions... when I get the idea for it, the Ritual monsters will go to the Skydaemons as well. This war incorporates everything, but it's already decided that the Soldiers win.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past week, I've been playtesting these by sleeving the printoffs in front of trash commons. While every card individually is relatively tame, the interactions between them nullfies all the negatives and leaves them OP. As such, the following changes have been rendered:

Artillery Sprite

Fa3N1nI.jpg

Pendulum Effect:

If you do not control another "Solemn Soldier" card in your other Pendulum Zone: this card's Pendulum Scales become 4.  When a face-up "Solemn Soldier" monster you control is destroyed: place 1 Warfare Counter on this card. When a "Solemn Soldier" card is banished: place 3 1 Warfare Counters on this card.  "Solemn Soldier" monsters you control gain 1000 250 ATK.

1. Artillery Sprite's boost of 1000 ATK to all "Solemn Soldier"s was just ludicrous when faced with the fact that the weakest among them is already 1000 base ATK. At that point you Normal Summon free 3000-4000 beatsticks with no Tributes TO BE GENTLE since you could also Pendulum Summon 5 of said beatsticks at once. The name of the game in this Archetype may be "Overwhelming Force", but that is just too much. This has been remedied by reducing the boost to 250 ATK per copy, totaling +500 ATK with a completed Pendulum Arc.

2. Again, Artillery Sprite's Pendulum effects were broken by interactions. This time it was the banish-triggered counter generation of 3 per banishing of any number of  "Solemn Soldier" cards. Make a F.I.N.A.L.E., then use its effect to eradicate over 10 cards from your opponent's possession by nuking your counter Stockpile. Then at the End Phase, you'll likely banish-mill a Soldier or a Secret Sword, immediately reloading with 6 new counters to erase anything your opponent does. This has been fixed by limiting the generation of counters to a single counter per banish action, regardless of the number of cards.

Solemn Soldier - F.I.N.A.L.E.

oZTRACu.jpg

1 "Solemn Soldier" Tuner + 1 non-Tuner "Solemn Soldier" Synchro monster

1. Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
  2. Once per turn: if this card was Synchro Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned Synchro Material(s); it cannot be destroyed by card effects.
  3. You cannot activate Spell or Trap cards.
  4. You can remove all Warfare Counters on the field and target cards in your opponent's hand or on their field, up to the number of counters removed; destroy those targets and, if you do, inflict 100 damage to both players for each card destroyed.
  5. This card loses 900 ATK and gains 300 DEF each Standby Phase.
  6. During your End Phase: banish the top 3 cards of your Main Deck and pay 500 LP. If you do not: banish this card and destroy all other cards you control.

The major source of the problem was Sprite's counter generation, but I also upped the maintenance cost by 100 LP to 500. Less intense math. Also made the effect target, and somehow reorganizing the same text made the font bigger.

HrOrxkU.jpg

1000/300

• • This card is treated as a Level 4 Warrior-type Synchro Tuner monster, also it is no longer treated as a Rank 4 Xyz Monster.
    • • This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a Synchro monster that lists a "1 Tuner Synchro Monster" as a Synchro Material monster.

Apprentice's transformation effect caused a bit of confusion regarding Maiden of Divine Justice's buffs, so now she explicitly discards her Xyz status.

Archived