Infernoid [SECE]

JjQvNUy.jpg?1

Infernoid Astaroth
FIre/Fined/4/1800/0
Cannot Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Infernoid" monster from your hand or Graveyard while the combined Level/Rank of all monsters you control is 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. This card cannot attack during this turn you activat this effect. (2) Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster you control, then targe 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it.

Infernoid Asmodai 

Fire/Fiend/5/2200/0
Cannot Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 2 "Infernoid" monsters total from your hand or Graveyard while the combined Level/Rank of all monsters you control is 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) When this attacking card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. (2) Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster you control, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it.

Infernoid Vael

Fire/Fiend/7/2600/0
Cannot Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 3 "Infernoid" monsters from your hand or Graveyard while the combined Level/Rank of all monsters you control is 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) At the end of a Battle Phase in which this card attacked an opponent's monster: You can banish 1 card on the field. (2) Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it.

Infernoid Adramelek

Fire/Fiend/8/2800/0
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 3 other "Infernoid" monster from your hand or Graveyard, while the combined Level/Rank of all Effect Monsters you control is 6 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. 
(1) During the Damage Step, if this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: It can make a second attack in a row.
(2) During either player's turn: you can tribute 1 monster you control to target up to (1/2?) cards in the opponent's Graveyard; Banish those cards.

Looks like they'll be banishing quite a bit while relying on tokens to tribute. I'm really liking this archetype. Discuss?

(Why does Adramalech say 6 when everyone else has an 8?)

They have 21 monsters by themselves now.

Enough to make a straight deck, which means you can now use the double Foolish.

Most of these look designed for battle pressure, and all their different levels add the possibility of Synchro/Xyz shenanigans.

They're still missing that one card that would let you recycle them though, looks like we're stuck with Burial from a Different Dimension.

Did you ever play against a MTG card called Arcbound Ravager?

"Sacrifice an artifact: Put a +1/+1 counter on Arcbound Ravager.
Modular 1 (This comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it. When it's put into a graveyard, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)"

What does that have to do with anything at all?

These guys, story wise, are supposed to own Qliphoths, but I don't see how removing from the Grave really hurts them.

(Why does Adramalech say 6 when everyone else has an 8?)

They have 21 monsters by themselves now.

Enough to make a straight deck, which means you can now use the double Foolish.

Most of these look designed for battle pressure, and all their different levels add the possibility of Synchro/Xyz shenanigans.

They're still missing that one card that would let you recycle them though, looks like we're stuck with Burial from a Different Dimension.

Miracle Dig can work too, although I don't know how good that will be.

I like the theme of how they burn each other to make a bigger flame. Since there's a drawback to who you can summon depending on the total levels of the monsters you control, which is why you tribute (a.k.a. "burn") them to open up enough space for the boss monsters.

I'm really liking Astaroth though. It's a once per turn MST.

What does that have to do with anything at all?

These guys, story wise, are supposed to own Qliphoths, but I don't see how removing from the Grave really hurts them.

... No?

Qliphorts were the prisons for these guys, so it makes sense that they don't suffer from Infernoids.

They Tribute themselves and become fuel for others of the Archetype to Summon themselves rather than being banished by the opponent's card effects. That is the comparison I was drawing to Arcbound Ravager, which uses its effect as a form of irritating evasion to float power and toughness.

Archived