[Finished][Leaderboard] Empoledom VS Gadjiltron - Gadj wins!

-Dom-

(copied and pasted from various places:)

Voting:

• Votes must be with valid reasoning, going "Card A wins" won't do, follow the Leaderboard rules!
  • Voting is based on the functions they have in the game, meaning that you should talk about the effect, stats etc.
  • Good votes gets a rep from me, opponent's rep is optional.
  • Both I and the opponent have the right to decline your vote based on your comment or ask for further reasoning if either contestant feels that it's not adequate.
  • Both contestants can disagree with the others acceptance of the vote if they feel that the answer was no adequate.

Rules and Rewards:

• All YCM and 1v1 Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes OR whoever has most votes when the contest ends wins.
  • Winner gets a rep from the opponent, other rewards are optional.
  • Must fit in the rules of realistic cards on this site.

Entry Requirements and Theme:

• Make a Fusion monster for a new-ish archetype (DUEA onwards, and including the OCG Booster SPs)
  • Must be written OR made in YCM and remember to make sure that it's not possible to see who made the card, i.e. remove your name from it.
  • Send a PM to me with your card and remember to include text. Other information is optional.

Deadline:

• Entries are due 2 days after the challenger is accepted. Votes are due 3 days after it's open.

Card A

uLjL93o.jpg

2 "Spirit Beast Tamer" monsters + 1 "Noble Spirit Beast" monster
Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways (You do not use "Polymerization"). This card can attack every monster your opponent controls (one attack on each monster per Battle Phase). During either player's turn: You can return this card to the Extra Deck, then target 2 of your banished "Spirit Beast Tamer" monsters and 1 of your banished "Noble Spirit Beast" monsters; Special Summon them in Defense Position.

Card B

fOlxRqi.jpg

"Aria the Melodious Diva" + 1 "Melodious" monster
All Special Summoned "Melodious" monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. During either player's turn: You can target 1 other monster you control with a Level; return that target to the hand, then Special Summon 1 "Melodious" monster from your hand whose Level is equal to or less than that target's Level. You can only activate the effect of "Vivaldi the Melodious Maestra" once per turn.

I'll go with Card B here. Card A is not in anyway fit its deck. The deck in question always get rid of monsters by their easily searchable trap. The number of opponent's monsters is never a threat with that trap, so a card like this is kinda counterproductive imo. Not to mention the typing and favor. Card B is.. fine I guess. It required you to run Poly which is the bad card, although the 1-sided Hexproof is something that's not weak, and the swarming effect is not bad either.

Card A:
This adds quite a lot of needed power to the Archetype. Being able to take out all monsters is very powerful, and against things like Burning Abyss that can keep on Special Summoning things, that is very nice effect. Since it requires 2 Tamers, that does make it a bit harder to get out, though since you can use things like Emergency Teleport, that becomes easier, as well as of course Summoning banished Tamers. I do kind of have a problem with Bond being able to get out this guy though, I doubt that was taken into account, since that makes this thing much easier to actually use. The fact that it can also get back 2 banished Tamers is also quite powerful, and since the Summonns happen at the same time, you can bring out 2 of the same Tamer, so I really kind of wish it was only one Tamer and 1 Noble, but I guess that didn't follow the theme that much, so eh.

Card B:
Follows the no targeting, but doesn't keep the effect protection as well, which is probably a good choice, since that is a silly combo, so with 2500 ATK and its other effect, taht's probably a good idea. Now, the second effect is quite interesting. Not only does it have the ability to return any monster with a Level, making techs work as well, but also make you able to re-Summmon that monster, if it was Normal Summoned rather then Special Summoned, to use the effects of the Melodious monsters more effectively. That is pretty neat actually, and makes it a nice little combo piece. The only thing I don't like about that is that it's during either player's turn, I don't feel like that was really needed, as it's already a powerful effect. Being able to use Fusion Reserve is also quite neat, and that since they don't have a Polymerization of their own, that can probably be quite handy to actually get it out.

Both are good cards, while Card A is probably way more useful due to Malodious not being Fusion based, it might be a bit too good, so I'll need to go with Card B.

I vote for card B. Card A is unneeded. From what I learned, Spirit Beast decks can search 1-3 copies of their trap per turn, and before you can even Summon this, I think the game is ended. Card B is really good. You can now search Aria with Fusion Reserve, also it let you swap Mozarta with Elegy after you Summoned the searched Aria with the returned Mozarta.

Archived