Digital Copies: The resurface of times past.

BGMaxie

So this is the first archetype I created here in this card maker, so I figured out I should share it with you all. It is what I consider to be stronger than my usual power level from the creations I posted in DN. It includes lore and a little bonus card. Hope you like them =)

[Spoiler=Lore]As years pass and pass, Dueling becomes a major activity of society, being the most popular sport played, attracting many people to the game and develop themselves. Ever since Duel Monsters was founded by Maximilium Pegasus, the game has changed, evolving further and further.

Fusion, Ritual, Synchro and Xyz Monsters are all known around, but only a select group of duelists can learn how to use them properly, as Solid AR Visions take place. It is in this society where a boy, a fellow duelist wanted to develop himself, and so he conducted research on all kind of monsters. Ever hard working and ever persistent, he managed to research history's most powerful decks, studying their strengths and weaknesses, and copying their prowess and combining them, he could create his own deck, the Digital Copies as he called it.

Digital Copies could perform all of the summon mechanics that were known, as he had also learnt to use, and using a dueling prowess rarely seen and a deck whose power surpassed many's imagination, the young duelist quickly made a name for himself, becoming a very powerful duelist whom many feared and respected.

He soon decided to prove his worth against the strongest duelists, and proved successful, until he met two young boys, one had dual-colored red and green hair, while the other was rather tall, bespectacled and had silver hair. The two duelists were fairly known but even them were placed into a corner by the young researcher. Everything seemed fine, or so he thought, but soon he was faced with something he could not predict, something he had not truly expected or studied, it was Pendulum Summon, a new mechanic that allowed its user to summon many monsters at once, it was the power of unison. Faced with that power, the young researcher was left speechless.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Main Deck]

CDrzk2n.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: You can Special Summon up to 2 "Digital Copy Tokens" (Psychic-Type/DARK/Level 2/ATK 500/DEF 1500). During the End Phase of the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Digital Copy: Raptor Lady". You can only use this effect of "Digital Copy: Raptor Lady" once per turn.

2M0ajqZ.jpg

If there is a "Digital Copy" monster in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Digital Copy: Cyber Serpent" once per turn this way. During the End Phase of the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Digital Copy: Cyber Serpent". You can only use this effect of "Digital Copy: Cyber Serpent" once per turn.

R2nUcGQ.jpg

If you control a "Digital Copy" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: You can declare a Level from 1 to 4; this card becomes that Level. During the End Phase of the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Digital Copy: Mist the Wind". You can only use this effect of "Digital Copy: Mist the Wind" once per turn. A Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material gains this effect:
● When it is Synchro Summoned: The ATK of a monster your opponent controls becomes 0.

Gcr0ndI.jpg

Avenger" once per turn. When a "Digital Copy" monster is Summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard), banish it when it leaves the field. You can increase the Level of a "Digital Copy" monster you control by up to 3. During the End Phase of the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Digital Copy: Demonity Avenger".

2qREXcR.jpg

You can only use each effect of "Digital Copy: Link Doll" once per turn. You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, then if you control no other monsters: You can activate this effect; Special Summon 1 "Digital Copy" monster except "Digital Copy: Link Doll" from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position, also its effect(s) are negated, and if you do, make this card's Level the same as that monster. During the End Phase of the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Digital Copy: Link Doll".

fWtysOn.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned (but can be Set). When a "Digital Copy" monster is Normal Summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: You can target 1 other "Digital Copy" monster you control. You can make this card's Level the same as that target. During the End Phase of the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Digital Copy: Luminous Crusher". You can only use this effect of "Digitcal Copy: Digital Copy: Luminous Crusher" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Spell/Traps]

jsGvssN.jpg

Destroy this face-up card if another Field Spell is activated. "Digital Copy" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. You can only use each of the following effects of "01 - Area Program: Digital Zone" once per turn.
* If you control a "Digital Copy" monster and your opponent's monsters outnumber yours: You can Synchro, Xyz, Fusion or Ritual Summon a "Digital Copy" monster by using monsters you control and also from your deck.
* If this card is destroyed, you can add 1 "Program" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand except "01 - Area Program: Digital Zone"

BqmJ3kt.jpg

You can only activate 1 "02 - Assist Program: Firewall" per turn. You can send 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If you activate this card during your opponent's turn, you can activate this effect:
* Target 1 monster your opponent controls, and if it attacks, then negate that attack, also it loses ATK equal to the ATK of the monster sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect.

qwBvaL5.jpg

Target 1 "Digital Copy" monster in your Graveyard (and if it was a Synchro, Xyz, Fusion or Ritual Monster, treat it as being properly Summoned): Special Summon that target. You can only activate 1 "03 - Summoning Program: Restoring" per turn.

I4ZEjLp.jpg

If you would use "Digital Copy" monsters and only "Digital Copy" monsters for a Synchro, Xyz, Fusion, Ritual Summon: You can activate this effect; you can use 1 "Digital Copy" monster you control and 1 monster rom your hand as the needed requirement. Alternatively, you can send this card to the Graveyard as that monster instead. You can only use one effect of "04 - Summoning Program: Codifying" per turn and only once that turn.

ELZgbEz.jpg

Equip only to a "Digital Copy" monster you control. It gains 500 ATK and only once per turn, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. If a "Program" Spell/Trap card you control would be destroyed, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead. You can only use this effect of "05 - Assist Program: Data Protection" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=The Bosses]

XvGl8rC.jpg

If you control a "Digital Copy" monster, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. Once per turn: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. During the End Phase of the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Deck to your hand except "Digital Copy: Black Wizard". You can only use this effect of "Digital Copy: Black Wizard" once per turn.

B3GQsyB.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more "Digital Copy" non-Tuner Monsters.
You can only control 1 "Digital Copy: Vile Dream Tyrant". "Digital Copy" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by Card Effects. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your hand or Deck whose ATK is equal or less than the destroyed monster.

TBnPVTT.jpg

2 "Digital Copy" monster of the same Level.
You can only control 1 "Digital Copy: Foreseen Perfection". This card's ATK is equal to the highest Level of the Xyz Materials attached to it x 500. If this card has no Xyz Material: You can attach 1 "Digital Copy" monster from your Graveyard to this card as Xyz Material. When this card destroy's an opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon it to your side of the field. Once per turn, during either's player turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; it is unaffected by effects that target it, until the end of the turn.

2AyZlPK.jpg

2 "Digital Copy" monsters
You can also Fusion Summon this card by sending to the Graveyard 2 "Digital Copy" monsters you control with different levels. You can only control 1 "Digital Copy: Flare Skyraider". If this card battles and opponent's monster, this card gains ATK equal to its Level or Rank x 100 (this change lasts even after the battle). When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference between this card's ATK and that monster's ATK or DEF (whichever is lowest). 

rh8p2QX.jpg

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Program" Card, or by banishing "Digital Copy" monsters you control or in your hand, whose total Levels equal 8 or more. You can only control 1 "Digital Copy: Sovereign of the Digital Zone". Once per turn: when a "Digital Copy" monster you control declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step, also if it attacks an opponent's monster; Halve its ATK, and if it is destroyed, you gain LP equal to its ATK.

TCVgWop.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by sending all "Program" cards you control to the Graveyard and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon as many "Digital Copy" monsters from your Graveyard. This card's ATK is always equal to the total ATK of all other "Digital Copy" monsters you control. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Digital Copy" card on your side of the field, or Equip 1 from your Graveyard; this card gains that card's effects until your next turn. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack, also any damage done by this card is halved. If this card is destroyed: destroy all "Digital Copy" monsters you control. You can only control 1 "Grand Computer of the Digital Copy: B.O.S.S."

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Bonus]

XYKy55V.jpg
This card gains 400 ATK for every other "Cyber Raiders" monster you control. You can use each of the following effects once per turn:
* When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Cyber Raiders" monster from your hand.
* When a "Cyber Raiders" monster is Summoned to your side of the field: You can add 1 "Cyber Raiders" monster from your deck to your hand.

[/spoiler]

These are pretty cool. If you don't mind my asking, how did you make these? like with the pictures and backgrounds and all of that. 

The concept is interesting bringing a bunch of old monsters back as something new and incorporating them into a whole new deck. They almost seem like Malefic monsters in a way.

Looks really cool! A few things though:

You don't need the seperate paragraphs for Raptor Lady and Cyber Serpant.

For Mist, it would read "Target one monster your opponent controls and reduce it's ATK to 0".

For Link Doll, it should read "without tributing. Then,". Also, I'm not quite sure what the point of Link Doll being level 8 is. Is that what it was in it's original form?

Area Program's effect is kinda OP as it is right now. Theoretically, your opponet could have two monsters on the field and you could get a free Digital Zone or Dream Tyrant. Maybe make it so that they have to have 3 or 4 at least, and you have to have 1 or fewer?

On Firewall, you don't need the * and new paragraph.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Properly Summoned" on Restoring. I also don't think you need the parenthesis.

You don't need the first "only" on Data Protection.

Black Wizard being summoned without any kind of tribute is OP. Maybe make it so that it only requires one tribute, or maybe cost some life points?

For Forseen Prefection, make the ATK ? instead. Also, it should read "it is unaffected by card effects that target it".

A few things on Skyrider. First off, it should be "battles an opponent's monster". On it's effect, either: A. It should only be during the damage step, or B. It should be x 50. Otherwise it's pretty much indestructable by battle, which is way OP for a level 6 monster. Also get rid of it's second effect, or make it whichever is the highest.

On Soverign of the Digital Zone, make it so that it's effect only applies to itself, not all Digital Copy monsters, and chose either the gain life points effect or halve attack effect, not both. Also it should be life points, not LP.

B.O.S.S needs to have more difficult summoning conditions, because right now it could be summoned just by sending 01 to the Graveyard, which is pretty silly. Maybe make it so that you send one of each of the Program spell and trap cards to the graveyard? Also just make it's ATK 5000, total attack of all monsters is 2gud.

I really like this set. Most of my critiques are little things. Some of the boss monsters are a little OP, but other than that its a fantastic archetype. Nice job!

• 5 weeks later...

Just noticed these. Hope I can still answer the questions without repercussions of sorts '-'

These are pretty cool. If you don't mind my asking, how did you make these? like with the pictures and backgrounds and all of that. 

The concept is interesting bringing a bunch of old monsters back as something new and incorporating them into a whole new deck. They almost seem like Malefic monsters in a way.

For all my cards I have the following MO: When I have the concept in mind, I google images (yes I don't make my own art) and try to find those that are most fitting. I use mostly artwork from anime/manga or video games, the maximum quality I go with is PSP/PS2 level, as it isn't as high in resolution as Nyarla or Prophecy Destroyer (which pretty much look like Magic graphics and don't fit the game), but still are higher than the usual anime-esque artwork, though it is in an acceptable level for Yugioh terms. After I find the models that will serve as the monsters I then google for background, I used Megaman Battle Network background in this case. When I have both I render the monster model then place on the background and TA-DA a monster is born.

In this case since the idea was to make copies of older monsters, I googled (and even downloaded) anime episodes where the cards I wanted would appear, then after watching I'd see which pose would be the most proper (sometimes this was a giant pain with the ATK value plate covering the monster or the sparks of light that appear when the monster is summoned), so I sorted and got some nice pics. After that and for this new project, I decided to try something new. Since the concept was that they are copies, I decided to change their colouring. I tried many on Harpie Lady, and to my surprise the recolouring was absolutely gorgeous imo. I showed it to some friends and they were amazed too. Considering their background in which the duelist pretty much desires power, that kind of showcases in their DARK typing so I used a rather dark colouring for them to make them look somewhat sinister (you tell me if I succeed).

There is another project in which I use the same concept of Digital Copies (something like a v2.0). That uses a different colour scheme.

Looks really cool! A few things though:

You don't need the seperate paragraphs for Raptor Lady and Cyber Serpant.

For Mist, it would read "Target one monster your opponent controls and reduce it's ATK to 0".

For Link Doll, it should read "without tributing. Then,". Also, I'm not quite sure what the point of Link Doll being level 8 is. Is that what it was in it's original form?

Area Program's effect is kinda OP as it is right now. Theoretically, your opponet could have two monsters on the field and you could get a free Digital Zone or Dream Tyrant. Maybe make it so that they have to have 3 or 4 at least, and you have to have 1 or fewer?

On Firewall, you don't need the * and new paragraph.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Properly Summoned" on Restoring. I also don't think you need the parenthesis.

You don't need the first "only" on Data Protection.

Black Wizard being summoned without any kind of tribute is OP. Maybe make it so that it only requires one tribute, or maybe cost some life points?

For Forseen Prefection, make the ATK ? instead. Also, it should read "it is unaffected by card effects that target it".

A few things on Skyrider. First off, it should be "battles an opponent's monster". On it's effect, either: A. It should only be during the damage step, or B. It should be x 50. Otherwise it's pretty much indestructable by battle, which is way OP for a level 6 monster. Also get rid of it's second effect, or make it whichever is the highest.

On Soverign of the Digital Zone, make it so that it's effect only applies to itself, not all Digital Copy monsters, and chose either the gain life points effect or halve attack effect, not both. Also it should be life points, not LP.

B.O.S.S needs to have more difficult summoning conditions, because right now it could be summoned just by sending 01 to the Graveyard, which is pretty silly. Maybe make it so that you send one of each of the Program spell and trap cards to the graveyard? Also just make it's ATK 5000, total attack of all monsters is 2gud.

I really like this set. Most of my critiques are little things. Some of the boss monsters are a little OP, but other than that its a fantastic archetype. Nice job!

1.- This somewhat confuses me a bit. I see some recent cards with separated paragraphs and some that don't. Sometimes it may be the program itself '-'

2.- If the effect targeted that's it, but it does not.

3.- It was not intended, sometimes I write so fast that some mistakes are bound to occur '-'. Its original form is level 8, but if you notice Foreseen Perfection, he grows stronger the higher the level of the Materials used is. That's why Link Doll is perfect since it makes him big quickly. Although I was given feedback in Dueling Network and I kind of agree that I overdid it, both with Link Doll and Foreseen Perfection.

4.- Not exactly. The effect tells you to use cards from your side of the field AND your deck, it isn't an and/or like D.Rulers. Therefore to be able to pull out the move you describe your opponent must have at least 3 monsters while you control 2, and if the opponent is capable of enough to have 3 monsters at once, then I believe it fair that you're able to summon a boss monsters with a little help.

5.- Seems I don't. I kind of confuse myself with examples like Star Seraph Scepter and some recent cards. I have decent knowledge of PSCT but I don't memo all specifics so I often check other cards for reference. It seems I either did not get it properly or Konami just messes with the writing (sometimes I do see that happen '-').

6.- Properly Summoned means that for example if we dump Shinato, we usually can't revive him if he wasn't properly Ritual Summoned first right? This card makes sure that whatever card that was dumped is considered to have been "properly summoned" therefore it can be revived. I wasn't sure if "ignoring the summoning conditions" would be proper since amongst other things there is Computer to think about and that would be unfair on many levels.

7.- This is one case in which I see text being a mess. Some cards use that word and others don't. I cannot give specific examples, but I'm fairly positive that I've seen a couple that have this dilemma, all of them in PSCT format.

8.- Since you waste your Normal Summon of the turn for him, I'd say it is rather fair, since you pretty much invest your big move in summoning him. The idea of a rather easy summoning conditions makes it so that he serves as the "high level tribute boss". At first I thought the same as you, but then I thought that it would be rather slow considering that Digital Copies themselves are quite vulnerable since their one and only purpose in life is to summon the bosses. I may add a slightly more restrictive condition such as "if only you control level 4 or lower monsters". But I personally don't think he warrants a tribute even if 1.

9.- It would be awkward since the original's ATK is 0. They are copies, so every aspect of them (level, ATK, DEF) is to be the same as their counterparts. Even their effects are for the most part (except few examples) corruptions of their originals, their names are corruptions too. Their typing is Psychic because they are Digital (and because Psychics have no archetype to them whatsoever). If you check Banish-Psychics, they are of advanced technology but aren't mechanical beings, so beyond their typing, attribute and to an extent their effects, everything about them is to mirror their originals. At the very least those details were worked out to be synergetic with the Deck.

10.- This is a clear example of me messing up because I write fast. That's exactly the idea of this card, he is one card that will be tough but not impossible to beat (by battle I mean). The original had relatively low ATK, but had a major burn effect and if it had its ATK boosted in any way you were in hell. This card works on a similar but slower approach. It is not immediate but still cumulative. The longer he lives the longer he is a trouble. Objectable as he may be, bosses nowdays don't really sit for too long with the many available counters and comebacks around, since you only have to worry about 1 at a time it should be a temporal annoyance at best.

11.- Recent cards are using LP instead of Life Points, at first I also used Life Points but then I checked some cards that had LP, so I went along with it since it is easier. You can check Stegocyber and Qliphort Scout for reference. At first I thought that too, but then I also thought it would be rather shallow, so I went with a more tactical approach with Shinato. He's a giant itself, but what if he protected his fellow companions? I mean you may need Foreseen to steal a monster, or Skyraider to burn? It is the kind of effect that rewards you for successfully being able to gather different bosses of which you can only control 1 of each.

12.- The approach I took with Computer was to make a boss whose power was at the level of Apoqliphoth Killer. Now some people debate his effectiveness, but for all matters and purposes the card is a real behemoth in itself. Immune to backrow, immune to anything that isn't level 10 or higher, with high stats and can get rid of pests too? The condition actually hurts more than it looks, because for all matters and purposes the Program Cards FUEL your plays to allow easy summoning of your bosses. Sure the Digital Copies search each other out, but there is a limit to how much they can do alone. I may add cards in your hand too, since that would be fair, but playing Exodia with him as suggest would be very difficult. Also Computer grows high in ATK, but there is a catch, if the only monsters you have to revive are your main deck monsters, then Computer only becomes a beater with halved damage. Computer is a card that works in the same principle as Shinato's copy, it is intended to reward for successfully summoning as many bosses as possible during the duel. His effect is made up so that it profits from acquiring those monster's effect and use them with his added ATK power. He is a true computer in every sense, he uses the Data of all monsters, but as soon as the computer breaks, all Data is lost and so do all monsters die with him.

I'll admit, I think I overdid one or two things here. When I started this project I had a purpose to go beyond the power level I usually go with. Most of my works are potent but fairly balanced, enough to be good tier 2 or 1.5? Decks but nothing exactly meta since I kind of dislike the concept of Tier 1 vs Tier 2 and above, I loved Dragons of Legend because that time period was full of so many different decks it was glorious. However the Post Duel Terminal Decks were coming and so was the increasing power level, so for a change I decided to increase the power gauge, and I believe I succeeded in creating something very powerful here. Regardless of the power level I'm proud of what I achieved here, these guys are easily the peak of my creative mind.

1.- This somewhat confuses me a bit. I see some recent cards with separated paragraphs and some that don't. Sometimes it may be the program itself '-'

I have never seen a card with a separate paragraph unless it's with bullet points. If you could point one out to me that would be good.

2.- If the effect targeted that's it, but it does not.

You are though. You are selecting one monster your opponent controls, and it's ATK becomes 0. That's targeting.

4.- Not exactly. The effect tells you to use cards from your side of the field AND your deck, it isn't an and/or like D.Rulers. Therefore to be able to pull out the move you describe your opponent must have at least 3 monsters while you control 2, and if the opponent is capable of enough to have 3 monsters at once, then I believe it fair that you're able to summon a boss monsters with a little help.

If you can use cards in your deck, I'm not sure how you would need at least two cards and your opponent needs three. It could theoretically be 2 v 1. You can summon Mist when your opponent has two monster, then use the effect to synchro for free. Just because they outnumber you in monsters, does not mean they have an advantage. Those monsters could be pretty weak.

6.- Properly Summoned means that for example if we dump Shinato, we usually can't revive him if he wasn't properly Ritual Summoned first right? This card makes sure that whatever card that was dumped is considered to have been "properly summoned" therefore it can be revived. I wasn't sure if "ignoring the summoning conditions" would be proper since amongst other things there is Computer to think about and that would be unfair on many levels.

Ah, that makes sense.

8.- Since you waste your Normal Summon of the turn for him, I'd say it is rather fair, since you pretty much invest your big move in summoning him. The idea of a rather easy summoning conditions makes it so that he serves as the "high level tribute boss". At first I thought the same as you, but then I thought that it would be rather slow considering that Digital Copies themselves are quite vulnerable since their one and only purpose in life is to summon the bosses. I may add a slightly more restrictive condition such as "if only you control level 4 or lower monsters". But I personally don't think he warrants a tribute even if 1.

It is a free 2500 ATK monster that can destroy one card your opponent controls with no drawback once per turn and then search. That is never not broken, even if it's a normal summon.

9.- It would be awkward since the original's ATK is 0. They are copies, so every aspect of them (level, ATK, DEF) is to be the same as their counterparts. Even their effects are for the most part (except few examples) corruptions of their originals, their names are corruptions too. Their typing is Psychic because they are Digital (and because Psychics have no archetype to them whatsoever). If you check Banish-Psychics, they are of advanced technology but aren't mechanical beings, so beyond their typing, attribute and to an extent their effects, everything about them is to mirror their originals. At the very least those details were worked out to be synergetic with the Deck.

I don't really know the originals, so that's fair enough. Also I've been thinking about it, and this card is pretty broken. Not so much the effect, but how well is synchs up with the boss monster. You could summon two link dolls from your graveyard, and then summon forseen perfection, and then have a 4000 ATK monster that steals one of your opponents monster as well as the boss monster. That's pretty silly.

10.- This is a clear example of me messing up because I write fast. That's exactly the idea of this card, he is one card that will be tough but not impossible to beat (by battle I mean). The original had relatively low ATK, but had a major burn effect and if it had its ATK boosted in any way you were in hell. This card works on a similar but slower approach. It is not immediate but still cumulative. The longer he lives the longer he is a trouble. Objectable as he may be, bosses nowdays don't really sit for too long with the many available counters and comebacks around, since you only have to worry about 1 at a time it should be a temporal annoyance at best.

First of all, that card is not a boss. It's just another one of the extra deck monsters. Second of all, he is pretty much impossible to beat by battle. Let's say it's this card vs Raiza the Mega Monarch. This card attack it, then gains 800 ATK and despite the fact that it's original ATK is 2100, it destroys it. Now that would be that bad, except for the fact that it now permanently has  2900 ATK, and then it's going to keep gaining ATK the longer it stays on the field. Basically, if it destroys one monster, it's not going to be destroyed by battle pretty much ever. If that weren't enough, it inflicts massive burn damage as well. Considering it really isn't even that hard to summon, especially after the boss monster is summoned, I think it's pretty ridiculous.

11.- Recent cards are using LP instead of Life Points, at first I also used Life Points but then I checked some cards that had LP, so I went along with it since it is easier. You can check Stegocyber and Qliphort Scout for reference. At first I thought that too, but then I also thought it would be rather shallow, so I went with a more tactical approach with Shinato. He's a giant itself, but what if he protected his fellow companions? I mean you may need Foreseen to steal a monster, or Skyraider to burn? It is the kind of effect that rewards you for successfully being able to gather different bosses of which you can only control 1 of each.

Well I mean, ok you can go for flavor but it's broken. Not only is it's effect ridiculous if it only applied to itself, but now your other monsters are super ridiculously strong. And considering how easy Shinto is to summon (you just need to sac one link doll), it's pretty silly how strong it is.

As to the boss monster, you're pretty much saying "Yeah it's strong, but it's supposed to be strong". Well ok, it's still stupidly broken. Like, super ridiculously broken. It's easy to summon, it swarms the field with potentially really broken monsters, and even if they're just base deck monsters, it synch really well with using those deck monsters to summon the extra deck monsters easily. Oh, and it gains ridiculous attack and it's immune to backrow. Like, god damn I didn't even think of this before but reading it now I'm wondering how anyone could make that card and think it was balanced.

You need to power down this archetype A LOT before it's even close to ok.

Just noticed these. Hope I can still answer the questions without repercussions of sorts '-'

For all my cards I have the following MO: When I have the concept in mind, I google images (yes I don't make my own art) and try to find those that are most fitting. I use mostly artwork from anime/manga or video games, the maximum quality I go with is PSP/PS2 level, as it isn't as high in resolution as Nyarla or Prophecy Destroyer (which pretty much look like Magic graphics and don't fit the game), but still are higher than the usual anime-esque artwork, though it is in an acceptable level for Yugioh terms. After I find the models that will serve as the monsters I then google for background, I used Megaman Battle Network background in this case. When I have both I render the monster model then place on the background and TA-DA a monster is born.

In this case since the idea was to make copies of older monsters, I googled (and even downloaded) anime episodes where the cards I wanted would appear, then after watching I'd see which pose would be the most proper (sometimes this was a giant pain with the ATK value plate covering the monster or the sparks of light that appear when the monster is summoned), so I sorted and got some nice pics. After that and for this new project, I decided to try something new. Since the concept was that they are copies, I decided to change their colouring. I tried many on Harpie Lady, and to my surprise the recolouring was absolutely gorgeous imo. I showed it to some friends and they were amazed too. Considering their background in which the duelist pretty much desires power, that kind of showcases in their DARK typing so I used a rather dark colouring for them to make them look somewhat sinister (you tell me if I succeed).

There is another project in which I use the same concept of Digital Copies (something like a v2.0). That uses a different colour scheme.

So how did you recolor them, and if you ever need help with card arts I attempt to draw some sometimes.

I have never seen a card with a separate paragraph unless it's with bullet points. If you could point one out to me that would be good.

You are though. You are selecting one monster your opponent controls, and it's ATK becomes 0. That's targeting.

If you can use cards in your deck, I'm not sure how you would need at least two cards and your opponent needs three. It could theoretically be 2 v 1. You can summon Mist when your opponent has two monster, then use the effect to synchro for free. Just because they outnumber you in monsters, does not mean they have an advantage. Those monsters could be pretty weak.

Ah, that makes sense.

It is a free 2500 ATK monster that can destroy one card your opponent controls with no drawback once per turn and then search. That is never not broken, even if it's a normal summon.

I don't really know the originals, so that's fair enough. Also I've been thinking about it, and this card is pretty broken. Not so much the effect, but how well is synchs up with the boss monster. You could summon two link dolls from your graveyard, and then summon forseen perfection, and then have a 4000 ATK monster that steals one of your opponents monster as well as the boss monster. That's pretty silly.

First of all, that card is not a boss. It's just another one of the extra deck monsters. Second of all, he is pretty much impossible to beat by battle. Let's say it's this card vs Raiza the Mega Monarch. This card attack it, then gains 800 ATK and despite the fact that it's original ATK is 2100, it destroys it. Now that would be that bad, except for the fact that it now permanently has  2900 ATK, and then it's going to keep gaining ATK the longer it stays on the field. Basically, if it destroys one monster, it's not going to be destroyed by battle pretty much ever. If that weren't enough, it inflicts massive burn damage as well. Considering it really isn't even that hard to summon, especially after the boss monster is summoned, I think it's pretty ridiculous.

Well I mean, ok you can go for flavor but it's broken. Not only is it's effect ridiculous if it only applied to itself, but now your other monsters are super ridiculously strong. And considering how easy Shinto is to summon (you just need to sac one link doll), it's pretty silly how strong it is.

As to the boss monster, you're pretty much saying "Yeah it's strong, but it's supposed to be strong". Well ok, it's still stupidly broken. Like, super ridiculously broken. It's easy to summon, it swarms the field with potentially really broken monsters, and even if they're just base deck monsters, it synch really well with using those deck monsters to summon the extra deck monsters easily. Oh, and it gains ridiculous attack and it's immune to backrow. Like, god damn I didn't even think of this before but reading it now I'm wondering how anyone could make that card and think it was balanced.

You need to power down this archetype A LOT before it's even close to ok.

1.- I'd have to look around. Unless it was DN's wording that mislead me, I will tell you in time.

2.- It just says it make the ATK of a monster your opponent controls 0, even though the effect could target it just does not. Effects like Heliopolis don't target either even if they should, it just happens '-' unless there is something I'm missing.

3.- Except the main Deck monsters (bar the bosses) are all fairly weak, and just Boss fodder. Cyber Serpent may be an exception to an extent, but all in all these guys aren't made to hold their ground for too long, they are made to summon bosses quickly, so what while you say is true, the way these guys are crafted, it is pretty much assumed that your opponent's monsters will be stronger.

4.- I added that effect as an extra value, because revival cards there are plenty, but to make it unique, I decided to allow free resurrection of pretty much all of their members. Since the archetype is focused solely on their bosses, it kind of makes sense to make them last as long as possible.

5.- Maybe, just maybe I can eliminate the search, since all the bosses lack the search and Black Wizard is by all means and purpose the "tribute" boss.

6.- Link Doll cannot revive another copy of itself. However I'll admit to you, that this is THE one monster I think I've overblown completelly. I thought of many different formulas but none seemed to fit, specially when detaching a material for protection will eventually make his ATK a lower value. This is one card that will be tough for me to fix. I have some ideas but I'm not entirely sure. I want to balance his protection and his ATK value gain, so that he can use both without losing either, so I am open to ideas here.

7.- By bosses I mean all the stronger monster, in this case Black Wizard, Vile Dream Tyrant, Foreseen Perfection, Skyraider, Sovereign and Computer, so Skyraider is one of the bosses of the Deck, not the strongest but a boss nonetheless. All the bosses are made to generate different advantages, Dream Tyrant comes with card effect protection, Foreseen Perfection attempts to disrupt the opponent by taking control of the monsters, Sovereign blocks the opponent from using cards once, so I figured there had to be a burner and Skyraider's original filled the bill, since it is a Fusion monster and a burner. At first I thought stuff like a temporal attack gain or permanent attack gain but burn a fixed amount like 1000, but then the burn would be weaker than the original's and the idea of Digital Copies based on their lore is thay by studying their strengths and weaknesses, the copies are stronger than their originals. I am open to different ideas, but at the time of creation I thought this would be fine since it only grows stronger the more it stays on the field, and there is plenty of removal. The only instance in which Skyraider would be very difficult to beat, would be with the other bosses around, and the idea of the deck is to reward you for successfully summoning all of them. I am open to ideas of how to change this.

8.- Well since its alternative summon condition implies you no longer search, you can potentially lose momentum, this is true considering the backrow is made to support your boss summons in one and other way. Regarding Shinato there are many things that I considered, the first one is that Shinato is TO DATE the most powerful Ritual Monster created for years after his creation, even Zealgigas with a higher level is outclassed. So I tried to emphasize on that fact by making him strong. Shinato was a tough effect to corrupt since Skyraider was the burner, so I did not want to repeat that. His anime effect involved Life Points, so I used that approach, but simply gaining LP would be empty, so I added a small protection that could be used once as a more strategic approach.

9.- That's pretty much the idea of the Deck. The bosses are tough but not impossible to defeat, the more the bosses the tougher these guys are, but still not impossible to beat, although it will require more and more imput to beat them. By summoning the bosses, is how Computer profits (if you can summon them that's it). At the very least Computer will not really OTK since ANY damage he does (including Skyraider burn) will be halved, and he is the only monster that can attack. The only protection he may have comes from the other bosses, otherwise he is as vulnerable as any other monster.

I can understand if you have doubts, I assure you this is well above my usual power level, but I decided expressively to aim for such power level. Some things can be changed to make the regular bosses a bit more manageable, I can give you that, but Computer is a boss that feeds himself from the other bosses, being the boss that surpasses the others, so it needs to be powerful.

So how did you recolor them, and if you ever need help with card arts I attempt to draw some sometimes.

I used Paintshop Pro, which works fairly similar to Photoshop, albeit far less complicated, seems to have less tools, but still a more straightforward and easier to use program than Photoshop. I mixed the colourating tools and it gave me nice colours. The one critic I can make to all editing programs, is that it does not incorporate black on white, nor as separate colours or as integrated colour schemes. That is to say, you will never find a Black-Blue, or a brighter-Black. So you will see that to achieve "black" I have to mix a lot of tools to darken the colour scheme to ever remotely sesemble black. Still I was able to find colours. I'd like to do my own art, alas I think it would take a lot to finish each one, still learning would be good.

(facepalm)

You sir, are a genius. Why haven't I thought about this idea a long time ago?

Props to you, my good sir.

Not sure, Evilswarms and Shaddolls inspired me, so I give them thanks. Inspiration can come from watching other decks, so I can give you that tip. And I thank you for your support =)

2.- It just says it make the ATK of a monster your opponent controls 0, even though the effect could target it just does not. Effects like Heliopolis don't target either even if they should, it just happens '-' unless there is something I'm missing.

I don't think that's the same thing. Like, Harpy's Feather Duster doesn't target every card in the backrow, and Heliopolis isn't targeting anything specific. This is specifically targeting one monster with an effect. Though really that's just OCG, it's not that big of a deal.

Except the main Deck monsters (bar the bosses) are all fairly weak

I dunno, I mean you have a 2100 ATK monster that's essentially a 4 star monster that can give you an instant Tyrant if you have it and Mist in your hand, an 1800 ATK monster that summons tokens, and a 2000 ATK monster that can give you an instant 4 star Xyz. I wouldn't call them weak by any means.

5.- Maybe, just maybe I can eliminate the search, since all the bosses lack the search and Black Wizard is by all means and purpose the "tribute" boss.

The search is not really the problem. The problem is that with the swarming ability of this deck, it's really easy to summon, and has great effects with 0 cost. You sacrifice NOTHING to summon this card, unless you count not being able to normal summon something a cost, but you have a bunch of cards that can be special summoned anyway, so it doesn't matter. Maybe if you get rid of both other effects it'll be ok.

that this is THE one monster I think I've overblown completelly

You're forgetting B.O.S.S. And pretty much the rest of the archetype. But especially B.O.S.S.

Ok, I'm going to stop you here, because the rest of your post is essentially "but it's supposed to be strong". Well, ok, that doesn't really excuse anything. I think you probably shouldn't have tried to make stronger versions of already strong cards in the first place. I mean, if Shinto is already one of the strongest ritual cards in the game, then maybe you shouldn't have tried to make a stronger version of it that's even easier to summon? I mean, saying they're not impossible to destroy doesn't excuse anything. A 4000 ATK monster that can only be destroyed by Beaver Warrior is not impossible to destroy but it's still overpowered. This is basically a mary sue deck.

I don't think that's the same thing. Like, Harpy's Feather Duster doesn't target every card in the backrow, and Heliopolis isn't targeting anything specific. This is specifically targeting one monster with an effect. Though really that's just OCG, it's not that big of a deal.

I dunno, I mean you have a 2100 ATK monster that's essentially a 4 star monster that can give you an instant Tyrant if you have it and Mist in your hand, an 1800 ATK monster that summons tokens, and a 2000 ATK monster that can give you an instant 4 star Xyz. I wouldn't call them weak by any means.

The search is not really the problem. The problem is that with the swarming ability of this deck, it's really easy to summon, and has great effects with 0 cost. You sacrifice NOTHING to summon this card, unless you count not being able to normal summon something a cost, but you have a bunch of cards that can be special summoned anyway, so it doesn't matter. Maybe if you get rid of both other effects it'll be ok.

You're forgetting B.O.S.S. And pretty much the rest of the archetype. But especially B.O.S.S.

Ok, I'm going to stop you here, because the rest of your post is essentially "but it's supposed to be strong". Well, ok, that doesn't really excuse anything. I think you probably shouldn't have tried to make stronger versions of already strong cards in the first place. I mean, if Shinto is already one of the strongest ritual cards in the game, then maybe you shouldn't have tried to make a stronger version of it that's even easier to summon? I mean, saying they're not impossible to destroy doesn't excuse anything. A 4000 ATK monster that can only be destroyed by Beaver Warrior is not impossible to destroy but it's still overpowered. This is basically a mary sue deck.

1.- Well, we can both agree that it is not a really relevant point eh?

2.- Except the synchoers are weak, Link Doll is weak. Crusher is Semi/Nomi, Lady's tokens are to support the summons, but all in all they got no protection themselves, their backrow does not protect them either, so on those regards they are fairly vulnerable. The bosses are the only ones that can pose a threat.

3.- Well it actually slows things down. You'd need a rather specific setup to be able to do more if you attempt to summon Black Wizard and something else. Not impossible, but shouldn't be a free bonanza either.

4.- I can understand why you may have your doubts, but that's how a boss of bosses is supposed to be in the end. Something strong and to fear.

5.- Thing being that Shinato's power WAS good for before standarts. By its eff alone, he is outclassed by many that do the job better than him, and he's not that easy to summon without consequences. So basically Shinato was powered here to be strong for today's standarts. The thing to note here is that they become more difficult to kill the more bosses are around, and they all have different methods for summoning and you can only control one of each. I haven't tested yet, but I definitely see that as being a difficult job, which is the reason Computer is made the way it is.

2.- Except the synchoers are weak, Link Doll is weak. Crusher is Semi/Nomi, Lady's tokens are to support the summons, but all in all they got no protection themselves, their backrow does not protect them either, so on those regards they are fairly vulnerable. The bosses are the only ones that can pose a threat.

They don't have protection, but they don't NEED protection because they make it so easy to get the boss monsters on the field. This is an example of what a turn could be:

*Special Summon Serpant* *Special Summon Mist* *Syncho Tyrant then reduce an opponents monster's ATK to 0* *Normal Summon Wizard and destroy card*

And then your opponent can't do anything back because they can't be destroyed by card effects. I know you might say "But that's not always what will happen", but the fact that it's even possible is silly. You should not be able to get that much power on the field when you have 0 cards on the field. This would be a much better deck if it didn't have the swarming capability.

4.- I can understand why you may have your doubts, but that's how a boss of bosses is supposed to be in the end. Something strong and to fear.

So basically it's supposed to be a mary sue card? There's a limit to how powerful you should make something. Let me put this another way. In the absolute worst case scenario when you summon B.O.S.S when you have no Digital Copy monsters in your graveyard, you still sacrificed one spell card for a 4000 defense monster. That should never be ok ever.

5.- Thing being that Shinato's power WAS good for before standarts. By its eff alone, he is outclassed by many that do the job better than him, and he's not that easy to summon without consequences. So basically Shinato was powered here to be strong for today's standarts. The thing to note here is that they become more difficult to kill the more bosses are around, and they all have different methods for summoning and you can only control one of each. I haven't tested yet, but I definitely see that as being a difficult job, which is the reason Computer is made the way it is.

I haven't tested yet, but I definitely see that as being a difficult job

I think you're really underestimating how easy it is to summon. You don't need a ritual card, so you can just sac one Link Doll and then summon it. If Link Doll were not such a disposable card, or if Zone was not so powerful, it would be ok. But as of right now, the cost to get the card does not match it's power at all.

You're severely underestimating the power of your deck. If you want to take one step to making this better, at least make B.O.S.S harder to summon.

They don't have protection, but they don't NEED protection because they make it so easy to get the boss monsters on the field. This is an example of what a turn could be:

*Special Summon Serpant* *Special Summon Mist* *Syncho Tyrant then reduce an opponents monster's ATK to 0* *Normal Summon Wizard and destroy card*

And then your opponent can't do anything back because they can't be destroyed by card effects. I know you might say "But that's not always what will happen", but the fact that it's even possible is silly. You should not be able to get that much power on the field when you have 0 cards on the field. This would be a much better deck if it didn't have the swarming capability.

So basically it's supposed to be a mary sue card? There's a limit to how powerful you should make something. Let me put this another way. In the absolute worst case scenario when you summon B.O.S.S when you have no Digital Copy monsters in your graveyard, you still sacrificed one spell card for a 4000 defense monster. That should never be ok ever.

I think you're really underestimating how easy it is to summon. You don't need a ritual card, so you can just sac one Link Doll and then summon it. If Link Doll were not such a disposable card, or if Zone was not so powerful, it would be ok. But as of right now, the cost to get the card does not match it's power at all.

You're severely underestimating the power of your deck. If you want to take one step to making this better, at least make B.O.S.S harder to summon.

1.- It can happen indeed. But then again, it all depends on the backrow. Their summons can be negated, you can use a card effect on the summon fodder as well, or the much easier approach, you can always run Shadow Mirror and that will pretty much nerf the deck considerably since their only out would be MST. Even BOSS falls from hero to zero. And I don't quite get what you mean with 0 cards on the field '-'

2.- Heartlandraco, Castel, at the very least you can get rid of Boss through the usual methods, when compared to Apoqliphort Killer who is pretty much immortal, Boss' more offensive approach can take its toll on how much it can last too.

3.- Since you get no search, it can potentially hinder you back. Do notice that none of the cards, bar Zone can ever search Program Cards, so fetching the tools necesary to summon to not lose much is not that easy. 

4.- I suppose BOSS can be made more difficult by sending any and all Program cards you control and in your hand. That would be a fair price considering you need the Program cards for more optimal results.

(facepalm)

You sir, are a genius. Why haven't I thought about this idea a long time ago?

Props to you, my good sir.

Please abide by the Advanced Clause.

While it's fine to give compliments, you need to accompany them with some form of critique related to the cards' design.

Anyway, Avenger/Crusher can be used to facilitate higher Level Synchros (Avenger) or Rank Xyz (such as Digital Perfection or other meta); in Crusher's case. Serpent and Wizard tutor another DC card when they hit the graveyard; latter also gets a no Tribute NS if you have another DC monster + pops stuff.

Flare Skyraider has an inverse variant of Evil HERO Inferno Wing; except that this card gains permanent ATK when it strikes and much easier to summon [lack of Nomi clause + generic DCs]. In a way, it helps it get over a lot of stuff; though depending on what it strikes; probably not enough to get over + win. But it's nice.

Also, please post the lore underneath for your cards; especially the boss b/c text is hard to read. (This is listed in the section rules as well)

Please abide by the Advanced Clause.

While it's fine to give compliments, you need to accompany them with some form of critique related to the cards' design.

Anyway, Avenger/Crusher can be used to facilitate higher Level Synchros (Avenger) or Rank Xyz (such as Digital Perfection or other meta); in Crusher's case. Serpent and Wizard tutor another DC card when they hit the graveyard; latter also gets a no Tribute NS if you have another DC monster + pops stuff.

Flare Skyraider has an inverse variant of Evil HERO Inferno Wing; except that this card gains permanent ATK when it strikes and much easier to summon [lack of Nomi clause + generic DCs]. In a way, it helps it get over a lot of stuff; though depending on what it strikes; probably not enough to get over + win. But it's nice.

Also, please post the lore underneath for your cards; especially the boss b/c text is hard to read. (This is listed in the section rules as well)

To clarify you mean the card text? Are stats (like type, ATK, Attribute) needed too, or are they fine on the card itself?

1.- It can happen indeed. But then again, it all depends on the backrow. Their summons can be negated, you can use a card effect on the summon fodder as well, or the much easier approach, you can always run Shadow Mirror and that will pretty much nerf the deck considerably since their only out would be MST. Even BOSS falls from hero to zero. And I don't quite get what you mean with 0 cards on the field '-'

Just because it is possible to beat, does not make it balanced. Monster Reborn can be negated through magic jammer, that doesn't make it not a broken card. By 0 cards on the field, I mean literally that you can get that much power when you start with 0 cards on the field.

2.- Heartlandraco, Castel, at the very least you can get rid of Boss through the usual methods, when compared to Apoqliphort Killer who is pretty much immortal, Boss' more offensive approach can take its toll on how much it can last too.

Apoqliphort Killer has A. Only has 3000 ATK, as opposed to pretty much a minimum of 4300, and B. Sacrifices more cards to summon.

3.- Since you get no search, it can potentially hinder you back. Do notice that none of the cards, bar Zone can ever search Program Cards, so fetching the tools necesary to summon to not lose much is not that easy.

There are other cards that can search. Just use golden sarc or something if you really need to.

4.- I suppose BOSS can be made more difficult by sending any and all Program cards you control and in your hand. That would be a fair price considering you need the Program cards for more optimal results.

That doesn't fix anything, because you still only NEED to sac 1 card. That makes it actually worse, because if you have 1 program card in your hand, you only need to sac that to summon it, as opposed to need one of the two cards that actually have to be played on the field.

These might all seem like theoreticals, but it's the fact that these theoreticals are even possible that makes this deck broken.

Just because it is possible to beat, does not make it balanced. Monster Reborn can be negated through magic jammer, that doesn't make it not a broken card. By 0 cards on the field, I mean literally that you can get that much power when you start with 0 cards on the field.

Apoqliphort Killer has A. Only has 3000 ATK, as opposed to pretty much a minimum of 4300, and B. Sacrifices more cards to summon.

There are other cards that can search. Just use golden sarc or something if you really need to.

That doesn't fix anything, because you still only NEED to sac 1 card. That makes it actually worse, because if you have 1 program card in your hand, you only need to sac that to summon it, as opposed to need one of the two cards that actually have to be played on the field.

These might all seem like theoreticals, but it's the fact that these theoreticals are even possible that makes this deck broken.

1.- Just saying that for all matters and purposes they can be easily stopped. And truth be told I've never really though Reborn warranted the ban. Yes to Heavy but I don't mind Reborn in the least.

2.- Sacrifices that mind you, are easily brought back by Pendulum Summon.

3.- Nobody uses that card, even I find that card as an argument silly, even though I used to name it often.

4.- What I meant was that a card minimum from both places '-'

Theoricalls can occur in every deck, on that base even nowdays a D-Rulers Deck can be broken, even Zektors can be broken, even Wind-Ups can be broken. The list goes on, and the point is made I think. Not a real basis that nerf the deck, unless they would be situations like Gale Dogra Nekroz, and even then, the problem would be other cards '-'

I'm going to stop replying after this because this is getting tiring, and it's obvious that no matter what I say you'll defend your deck instead of listening to possible criticism. These aren't farfetched theoreticals, these are extremely possible theoreticals. Your deck synchs way too well with itself, and the boss monsters have way too ridiculous effects, and in turn becomes overpowered. Sacrificing one card for a game breaking monster is never ok. I'm just going to leave it at the next time you make a yugioh archetype, don't focus on making it super strong, focus on making it realistic and interesting.

To clarify you mean the card text? Are stats (like type, ATK, Attribute) needed too, or are they fine on the card itself?

Yes, the card text is what's being referred to when "lore" is mentioned.

Other stuff is fine on the card [the only times you'll need to list them explicitly is if you're posting in Written; not the case here].

Yes, the card text is what's being referred to when "lore" is mentioned.

Other stuff is fine on the card [the only times you'll need to list them explicitly is if you're posting in Written; not the case here].

Will do, just give me some time please.

EDIT: Added the lore, prolly make some adjustments later for balancing purposes.

Archived