✩ Club Espeon - Dragon Palace of the Heavens ✩

I wish we got the Steelix like Japan did, tbh. I mean, I don't hate Glalie, but it's mega evolution just looks ugly - that large gaping mouth isn't exactly appealing, I would say. As for Steelix, it's mega looks pretty cool; those crystals and blue rings really add a nice touch to it and apparently it even gets its own gravitational force surrounding it :P

original.jpg

Yeah, I'd rather have Steelix over Glalie as well.

Think I ran through it about 14-15x already, so no more gifts and yeah it's repetition now.

Only wish we could choose the gender of player, but meh.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's true.

Then again, XD/Colosseum never gave you that option [and so did the Gen 1 games]. But I started the games in 4th generation or something, so yeah not a true Pokemon gamer.

Don't blame me though; Pokemon games always are expensive and were probably sold out at the time.

(Emulators exist)

So 40,000 Pokedollars worth of Potions and I spend $80.00 on a dual package.

Uh, I rather buy them separately. Besides, it's not like I actually USE 200 regular Potions [hell, I've used less than 100 regular ones in White 2, and I'm already in the final stages of killing Team Plasma; more use for the stronger ones].

Seriously, I spend more money getting Writs for X/Y's Battle Chateau [and I usually max out after about 60 fights with that said and done].

Yeah, I don't have the $80 to buy both versions; only enough for one or the other.

Gamestop better have that poster when I pick up my Sapphire copy next month [of course it comes out during a school day; I suppose I can try picking it up after classes or have parents take me to mall on Saturday at earliest.]

Username: Ara Asura

Nickname: Asura or Dusk (Dusk is from another username I use on other sites)

Do you understand our club rules?: Yes

Accepted

so has anyone seen the new mega beedrill?  i can't wait for it to be actually useful > 3< favorite pokemon, along with butterfree

It's essentially a glass cannon sweeper and must run Protect to get its high speed; otherwise it'll die.

But yeah, it went from being some crappy Bug that Scizor/Volcarona sorely outclass to something worth testing.

Username: Sir MooMoo(for now)
Nickname: Lord CowCow/CowCow/Cow. My much preferred name.

Do you understand our club rules?: I don't see how I wouldn't. Yes.

Never did this club stuff before, I might honestly forget to come here sometimes, but we'll see.

Mega Beedrill. Most likely will be an RU late-game sweeper. Sure it hits hard but even defensive Pokemon will be able to take it down. Not saying I dislike it, might be my favorite new Mega.

Username: Yemachu
Nickname: n.a.
Do you understand our club rules? Yes, I guess. Might have interpreted the rules wrong, but I don't think that is the case.

Basically the generic site rules.

Don't flame/troll; try to stay on topic and just be on your best behavior.

Accepted.

glass cannon sweepers certainly do have their place in the meta as endgame monsters!

hell probably still be low tier, though... like crobat, he's really weakened by that stealth rock weakness, and he doesn't get taunt...

(´⊙ω⊙`)
(´⊙ω⊙`)
(´⊙ω⊙`)

That's true; sweepers are generally used for cleanup after other stuff weakens/kills the other relevant threats.

Both of my Eons are designed for sweeping capacities; more or less. (Can't really say their IVs are perfect though)

Username: Sir MooMoo(for now)
Nickname: Lord CowCow/CowCow/Cow. My much preferred name.

Do you understand our club rules?: I don't see how I wouldn't. Yes.

Never did this club stuff before, I might honestly forget to come here sometimes, but we'll see.

Mega Beedrill. Most likely will be an RU late-game sweeper. Sure it hits hard but even defensive Pokemon will be able to take it down. Not saying I dislike it, might be my favorite new Mega.

Accepted.

And don't worry; it happens.

As I have never done competitive battling on any of the Pokemon games I have owned I want to changed that for ORAS, so what would probably be the best to use?

From the information we have gotten so far, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the versions. Also, Global Trade Station can help you obtain the version exclusives/missing pokemon. So I would say it is mostly a matter of which Evil team (Aqua or Magma) or box you like more. Though I must say that Primal Groudon seems better than Primal Kyogre: Groudon's ability takes its 4x weakness away; Kyogre's ability makes 1 of its weaknesses more accurate (Thunder). It is not yet known whether or not they require items to perform Primal Devolution, but I think so. Since it is somewhat hard to come by a special Item via GTS, I would advice to choose the version which includes it. 

Regarding competitve battling, it is moreso a matter of carefully planning your team and breeding the 'perfect' candidates for them. A "Destiny Knot", "Everstone" and Ditto (with multiple 31 IVs) come in handy here.

Yeah, Kyogre gets the short end of the stick this time around.

Probably should've gotten Omega Ruby, but oh well.

[Can probably ask one of my friends IRL to clone the version exclusive stuff if needed; or wait until Pokedit adapts to Gen 6 stuff.]

I generally avoid GTS unless I really need stuff, because sometimes people want event Pokes for crappy things (there are some reasonable ones though).

Archived