✩ Club Espeon - Dragon Palace of the Heavens ✩

I generally avoid GTS unless I really need stuff, because sometimes people want event Pokes for crappy things (there are some reasonable ones though).

Yeah, that is often the case on GTS; I wonder how often these people actually get their Pokemon traded. But since X and Y it is somewhat easier to find the Pokemon you seek in comparison with previous versions; you do no longer need to have seen a certain Pokemon before requesting it (which is also a downside), you get more than 5 options at a time, and you can filter based on the requested Pokemon (no event legendaries / 680 bst legendaries, or show only options which request for Pokemon you have). I am quite happy with these additions, unfortunatly you cannot choose to leave out impossible Pokemon (Level 1-9 Kyogre and alike).

My advice on searching a Pokemon is to request a Pokemon, by offering a Pokemon that is about as 'valuable' as the one you request; most Pokemon I offered got traded for the ones I wanted (sort of). Something I would like to see being added, is the option to request for a certain ability on your Pokemon; I would rather filter on abilities than levels. The downside would however be that you get even more unmanagable requests. Also, obtaining version exclusive items is not done quite easily, a trade station for items would be nice; possibly requesting multiple items for 1 of your items (30 Rare Candies for a Pinsirite or something). 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming I do manage to get the Shiny Beldum that's being given out, should I use Metagross or Gardevoir in OR? I would use both but since Metagross is no longer resistant to Ghost and Dark(I think), I think I might have to choose.

I would say Gardevoir, personally; Beldum's probably gonna be a pain to raise up in-game, not to mention it's going to be overused as hell anyways...

Yeah, Beldum only knows Take Down until level 20; which really sucks.

Then again, Ralts doesn't get Confusion until level 6 or something. 

And yeah, Metagross is 2x weak to Ghost/Dark; as opposed to neutrality from Hoenn - Unova. 

Depends on what you need on your team though; probably would go Gardevoir as well [unless Sludge Bomb + Bullet Punch are really annoying]

Think I've got my team for the Elite Four in Omega Ruby planned:

Swampert or Samurott (not going to mega evolve Swampert as it looks strange)

Breloom (probably my favourite grass type besides Torterra)

Yveltal or Zekrom(from my Y or White/White 2 whichever my level 100 Zekrom is on)

Either Charizard or Talonflame

Either Aurorus or a Hoenn fossil (probably Armaldo)

Any pokemon I am trying to level up.

After easily beating the elite for when I lasted played Sapphire and beating the Elite Four in Y pretty easily the first time (only really had trouble against Sieblod after he KOed my Venusaur), having half my team being level 100 it should be easy, though I will only be doing the gyms and so on with pokemon I catch in game.

Assuming I do manage to get the Shiny Beldum that's being given out, should I use Metagross or Gardevoir in OR? I would use both but since Metagross is no longer resistant to Ghost and Dark(I think), I think I might have to choose.

Besides Beldum not learning any spectacular moves until it evolves at level 20, you also have the point of obedience. Most event Pokemon so far belong to a different trainer; if it does, that pokemon will behave unpredictable once its level exceeds a determined level. Since Pokemon of which you are not the original trainer grow faster, it will probably disobey you for some time. So for playthrough purposes I would advice to go with Gardevoir.

I'm just hoping that Feebas isn't a pain in the a** to catch again, because I really want to use Milotic in my play-through team; unfortunately, I've also decided on starting with Mudkip so I'll have two Water-types on the same team, which I dislike, but I'll make an exception this time.

I was thinking about using the team I used in Emerald first for my first runthrough.

Swampert, Crobat, Shiftry, Camerupt, Banette, and I actually forgot the last one.

I don't know though, and I also don't know what to put in the last slot that I forgot. Any ideas what would work well on the team?

Who in here plans to do contests in-game?

I might try my hand at it, but probably won't follow through.

Because apparently the games hates watching fully evolved Pokes perform in contests. (I had Latias/Blaziken/Kyogre win the first level contests in Sapphire; although I had to clutch it in the second round because crowd liked all the cute NFE/LC Pokes over my OU/Ubers in primary).

Who in here plans to do contests in-game?

I might try my hand at it, but probably won't follow through.

Because apparently the games hates watching fully evolved Pokes perform in contests. (I had Latias/Blaziken/Kyogre win the first level contests in Sapphire; although I had to clutch it in the second round because crowd liked all the cute NFE/LC Pokes over my OU/Ubers in primary).

Did you max out their contest conditions with Pokeblocks?  My Milotic and Swampert never had any trouble winning Master Rank contests. In Milotic's case, I was forced to max out its beauty as a Feebas to allow it to evolve in the first place, and I just used all my excess Blue/Gold Pokeblocks that I made for Feebas to max out Swampert's beauty... though a beautiful Swampert is kind of a funny thought :P

Not really, couldn't be bothered to make Blocks; especially when emulator sucked.

Then again, I prefer the gym battles.

(inb4 anime makes Pokemon Showcase [tempted to make a bad YCM reference] for boys)

Yeah, that's why; the audience wouldn't like your Pokemon much unless they had their conditions raised high enough :P

On another note, I hope they adjusted the difficulty curve to be more challenging; X and Y were way too easy - I thought that Black 2 and White 2 were just about right.

I probably stank at using the blender; usually ended up getting level 12 or something blocks; instead of the ideal 23.

As for the difficulty, yeah. (Playing White 2 again, and yeah it is somewhat hard)

Though I trolled Marshal with Altaria alone (2 Cotton Guards + DD + Fly [yeah bad move]).

B2/W2 were really fun in my opinion. The plot was darker than the original B/W, but it was also far more elaborate and interesting - not to mention the choice of Pokemon available for use was not bad at all. I believe the team that I used during my initial run-through of White 2 consisted of: Samurott, Lucario, Arcanine, Electivire, Espeon, and Braviary.

And in-game, Fly's acceptable; it's quite necessary to have on you, and since the AI's are rather stupid it's not such a terrible move.

I'm on post-game trying to catch Latias in Dreamyard.

Because I want a Timid natured one, I had to breed a Synchronize Munna with that nature.

Sometimes it works, but the IVs are crappy; or vice versa.

(My ideal one: 115+ total IVs, Timid, 20+ in both SpAtk/Spd; though I can adjust them, more or less, IV one if the nature is fulfilled and the others are more or less acceptable)

More or less would like my legendaries to be in triple digits for total IV points.

Personally, I'm not too anal with IV's or natures when it comes to legendaries. Since I never use them anyways, it's really not a big deal in my opinion. The only times in-game that I allow myself the use of legendaries in battle are when I'm playing through the Battle Frontier or something similar; and even then, only the "lesser-tier legendaries" are allowed - and by that, I'm referring to status, not from a competitive viewpoint, so only the Kanto birds, Johto dogs, Hoenn Regis/Eons, etc.

Essentially I just find it to be unfair and no fun to overwhelm in-game opponents with OP'ed beasts. :P

Because of Battle Institute in X, I'm essentially forced to use legendaries to counteract the Veterans' ones; and yes they do have opposing Eons on their team.

(That being said, my first order of business is to take them down first; other legendaries I can handle more or less)

Usual legendaries [on my end] are Latios/Terrakion as leads; though I do need to worry about Fairies; so I keep Heatran around.

If it's an opposing Sword of Justice, Latios can usually kill them with Psyshock or something [or Terrakion Close Combats them (I think I keep Expert Belt on it; so I can switch moves in long battles)]

Most of the time, I win against them (and it feels good to crush Veterans).

A lot of the legendaries I catch (i.e. Cresselia/legendary golems) don't get used, so not really bothered. Stuff like Latias (obvious because it's one of my aces), Reshi, Swords of Justice, Heatran, etc; I'm a bit critical on, since I use them for battles more often.

Speaking of Terrakion, I used him as part of my favorite Triple Battle strategy for Random Battles online in BW/B2W2 alongside Weavile and Whimsicott (with Prankster):

• Whimsicott uses Tailwind, doubling the team's speed temporarily

• Weavile uses Beat Up on Terrakion, triggering Terrakion's ability, Justified - which gives it +1 ATK for each Dark-Type move that hits it. Beat Up hits 6x for +6 ATK

• Terrakion (in the middle) hits for +6 Earthquake/Rock Slide

Well, I got my ideal Latias (after about 30 or so resets; including ones with accidental kills).

25 SP ATK / 23 (24) SPD / 127 total IVs

More specifically, 13/23/23/25/20/23 (so solid 20s, which isn't bad). Not going to complain about it; all of my requirements are met (and definitely worth using in X or ORAS, if I decide to transfer it over).

Now to challenge N, get the Light Stone and go for Reshi.

Off-topic: Said farewell to Black in that thread (despite all the things about him); hopefully that helps to patch up parts of our relationship.

Archived