[Finished]Unconventional Extra Deck Contest

razzy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoops... I will make another card then!

Go ahead. I'm pretty easy going. But consider this your warning if you mess up again I'll have to DQ you from the contest. Just please make sure to read/understand the rules this time and if you have any questions just ask.

PS I did almost allow Pendulums but figured they were more main deck.

Can you create a card that requires a card you already posted on here? Like I posted a fusion spell already on here and I wanted to use it as part of the requirement for said Fusion. Would I be allowed to do such? Either way, I'm in.

Hm I'd rather them be new cards, but I guess what you're doing is fine. Or you could just create a card with a different name and very similar effect to the spell.

I would like to enter

[SPOILER=Cards]

NBJnwAp.jpg

1 Continuous Spell/Trap Card + 1 level 5 or higher face-up monster
You can Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by banishing the above cards you control (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). Once per turn: You can reveal the top card of your Deck, and if it is a Normal Spell/Trap Card, send it to the Graveyard, otherwise banish it. During the Main Phase of your next turn, you can activate the effect of that Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard (even if you no longer control this face-up card). This card gains 300 ATK for each of your banished cards.

Upnyyzb.jpg

You can only activate this card while you control no other Spell/Trap Card. When this card is activated: Special Summon 2 "Unnatural Dimension Eater Tokens" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 5/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. As long as this card is on the field: "Unnatural Dimension Eater Token" cannot be destroyed by battle. "Unnatural Dimension Eater Token" cannot be used as a Tribute for a Tribute or Synchro Summon. As long as this card is face-up on the field while you control at least 1 "Unnatural Dimension Eater Token": cards that would be sent from the field to the Graveyard are banished instead. If this card is banished: You can pay 1500 Life Points; Add this card to your hand.

[/SPOILER]

Entering:

[Spoiler=Necro+Sword]

QKK1zvX.jpg

"Murumasa-Sword of Shadows" + 2 set monster cards

Cannot be Fusion Summoned. Can only be Special Summoned by destroying the above materials that are on your side of the field. (Treated as a Fusion Summon) This card cannot be used as material for  a Synchro; Xyz; Fusion; or Tribute summon of a monster. This card cannot be tributed by card effects. When this card When this card is Special Summoned: Banish 1 card from your hand. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the level of all your Banished monsters x 200. During the End Phase, you can Banish this card. During your Standby Phase, if this card is Banished: Special Summon it.

wP28ylv.jpg

Activate this card while you control 3 or more face-up monsters with levels. Banish all face-up monster you control. If both "Necro Swordsman" and this card are in the graveyard, you can Banish this card: Special Summon 1 "Necro Swordsman" from your graveyard.

[/Spoiler]

After reading the OP then seeing what's already been entered, I'm a bit confused as to what is being asked for here.

All of the cards so far have been card types that already exist, just summoned in ways different from what is out there (so...unconventional).

But when I read the criteria for the contest, I interpreted it as being a chance to create a new type of Extra Deck monster card that is summoned in ways different from what is out there (so...unconventional).

Which is it?

Hm I'd rather them be new cards, but I guess what you're doing is fine. Or you could just create a card with a different name and very similar effect to the spell.

I ended up trying something different, but thanks anyways! Here is my entry

[Spoiler Unconventional Fusion Monster]

f9G4Ffm.jpg

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Lore]

Haniel the Life Monarch

10/LIGHT/Fairy/Fusion/Effect

3200/1000

2 Tribute Summoned Monsters with 2400 ATK and 1000 DEF
This card can only be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by Tributing the above cards you control or by Tributing 1 monster you control with 2800 ATK and 1000 DEF that was Tribute Summoned by Tributing 1 Tribute Summoned monster (This is treated as a Fusion Summon). During either player's turn, you can target 1 monster in your hand or Graveyard that can be Tribute Summoned: Tribute Summon that monster. You can only activate the effect of "Haniel the Life Monarch" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

After reading the OP then seeing what's already been entered, I'm a bit confused as to what is being asked for here.

All of the cards so far have been card types that already exist, just summoned in ways different from what is out there (so...unconventional).

But when I read the criteria for the contest, I interpreted it as being a chance to create a new type of Extra Deck monster card that is summoned in ways different from what is out there (so...unconventional).

Which is it?

The card must one one legal that can go into the Extra Deck (Fusion, Synchro, XYZ).

The method for summoning it needs to be different than usual 

• Fusions typical use spells
  • Synchros use tuner + non-tuner
  • Xyz use matching level monsters

So you cannot create a new type of card to go into the Extra Deck.

The point of the contest is to create a new way of summoning the monster.

A few examples listed were how Starlight Road grabs Stardust or Xyz monster that say "You can also Xyz summon this using a Rank..."

Some of the entries may have used some kind of these methods, however the more creative methods will do best.

tl;dr - Don't create a new kind of Extra Deck monster Create a new way of summoning an Extra Deck monster.

[spoiler=Entry]

8vQXOMg.jpg

2 Level 8 FIRE monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a monster you control equipped with "Ziel Edge" as the Xyz Material. When you do: Attach 1 "Ziel Edge" from your Graveyard to this card as Xyz Material. Cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card to target 1 card on the Field: banish it. If this card has "Ziel Edge" as an Xyz Material, its effects are negated.

RosE8UR.jpg

Must be equipped to a FIRE monster, by banishing 2 FIRE monsters from your Graveyard, and cannot be equipped by other ways. It cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. If you have 3 copies of "Ziel Edge" total, either banished and/or in your Graveyard (combined): You can banish this card and 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “Ziel the Great” from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of “Ziel Edge” once per turn.

[/spoiler]

uzPuLLj.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
During either player's turn: You can send 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your hand to the Graveyard; Synchro Summon this card by using 1 "Koa'ki Meiru" monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls. You can only use this effect of "Koa'ki Meiru Stronghold" once per turn. Neither player can Special Summon from their Extra Deck.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Complimentary Card (Tuner)']

5oXopmi.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 monster on the field and declare a Level from 1 to 8; the targeted monster's Level becomes that Level until the end of the turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Koa'ki Meiru" Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Animated Core of Koa'ki Meiru" once per turn.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

The rules said Spell/Trap card, but I was wondering if a Tuner for a Synchro Monster would work too. If not, I can adapt and change it to a Spell/Trap.

[spoiler='My Entry']

9DS9gD3.jpg

3 LIGHT Tuner Monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, shuffle all Tuner Monsters in your Graveyard into your deck, then target 2 non-Tuner Monsters in your opponent's Graveyard: Banish those targets. Once, while this card is face-up on the field, you can target 1 card your opponent controls: While this card remains face-up on the field, that target's ATK becomes 0, it cannot attack or change battle positions, and it's effects are negated. If this card would be sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead.

[/spoiler]

i'll join if its still not to late (still nov 8 in my timezone)

here's my entry

[spoiler='Entry']Hz0BXkN.jpg

Lore:
2 "Gishki" monsters.
You can only control 1 face-up "Evigishki Kraken".When you Ritual Summon a WATER monster: You can banish that monster and all monster(s) Tributed for that Ritual Summon in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck (this Special Summon is treated as Fusion Summon). Once per turn: You can target 1 Set card on the field or 1 card in your opponent's hand (chosen at random); Reveal the targeted card and If the targeted card is a monster: Equip it to this card, otherwise send it to Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Can I still join now?
Infinity_Hope.jpg[spoiler='Effect']Number 39: King of Wishes - Infinity Hope

This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Hyper-Overlay-Magic Infinity Force". The Special Summon of this card cannot be negated. When this card is Special Summoned, you can detach 2 Xyz Material from this card; select card(s) on the field upto number of card(s) in your opponent’s hand and banish them. When a card or effect is activated, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to negate the activation and destroy it. Cannot be destroyed by battle except with a "Number" monster. [/spoiler]

Infinity_Force.jpg

[spoiler='Effect']Hyper-Overlay-Magic Infinity Force
Target 2 or more "Hope" or "Utopia" Xyz monsters from both player's Graveyard. Special Summon 1 "Number 39: King of Wishes - Infinity Hope" from your Extra Deck, by using those target cards as Xyz materials. (This Special Summon is treated as Xyz Summon.) This card activation cannot be negated. You can only activate the effect of "Hyper-Overlay-Magic Infinity Force" once per duel.[/spoiler]

The card pic for Infinity Force has old lore, but in spoiler box is the new lore that I used in created it as custom cards in YGOPro.

Everyone that just joined is fine. I was out of town yesterday and will be later today but will have grading up asap! 

Looks like we have 16 entries (never got cards for 2. I missed you sorry and get with). 

Once again thanks for everyone that entered and donated!

Sorry for the delay everyone. I went out of town over the weekend and then got sick. Anyway here are the results.

So far the top 5 are:

-Noel-

Nobility

The Tricky Trickster

Nobity nobi

Lightdiversion

If you have any questions why you think you should have scored better message me asap. Scores will be final Thusday Nov 12 around 6pm (-5gmt). I am also working on a more detailed version stating what I liked/disliked about the cards that will be posted around that time as well.

My hair's not a Kuribo - 12.5

yugiohcreator876 - 20

Noober - 23

Jinx_ - 28

Reptilious -29
Gotasnake - 33
Renetcg - 33
dye2556 - 34
Rera - 34.5
Have a Lovely Day - 35
Thegreatmightypoo - 35.5
Lightdiversion - 36