Illusion Archetype (A Try at Anti-Pendulum)

Unroyal_Paladin

Notes:

-I considered making them all Pendulum monsters themselves (Except the Synchros of course) , with their levels as their scale numbers (In contrast with the existing Pendulum monsters, which follow the rule of 'the higher the level the lower the scale' ) , but I don't know if it will make the archetype too broken or not. ((Also I don't quite know of any card maker that makes Pendulum monsters yet))

- This topic is in Pop-Culture cards, and tagged Touhou for a reason - the card pictures, all except for one, are in fact Touhou characters. I don't remember where I found the other one, other than the fact that I searched for 'Tsukuyomi'.

-A nice touch I think, is that the card names each refer to different existing Yugioh cards. Also yes, the last card is Accel Synchro, kind of.

I know it's very few cards for an archetype, but this is what I thought of until now:

[spoiler="Illusion 'Warrior' "]

unQwQ9p.jpg

[spoiler="Lore:"] When you set a Pendulum Scale: You can Special Summon this card from your Hand, then draw 1 card.

When your opponent sets a Pendulum Scale: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard or Banished Pile, and if you do, you can add one 'Illusion' monster from your Deck to your Hand. [/spoiler]  [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Illusion 'Vampire' "]

G2nvoI2.jpg

[spoiler="Lore:"] If there are no cards in the Pendulum Zones, this card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When your opponent sets a Pendulum Scale, you can banish this card from your graveyard; Banish that Pendulum Monster from the Pendulum Zone, then if it was a scale 4 or higher monster, you can draw cards equal to its scale divided by 4 , rounded down. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Illusion 'Archlord' "]

vEWxpUq.jpg

[spoiler="Lore:"] 1 LIGHT tuner + 1 or more LIGHT non-tuner monsters
This card gains the following effects depending on the number of cards in the Pendulum Zones:
1 or more: This card cannot be targeted by card effects.
2 or more: When a card is removed from the Pendulum Zone: Your opponent discards a random card from their hand (It's treated as if the card was destroyed by a card effect) .
3 or more: Once per turn, you can return a card from your Pendulum Zones to your hand. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Illusion 'Lord of Wight' "]

LklJNsm.jpg

[spoiler="Lore:"] When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 'Illusion' monster in your graveyard; Add that target to your hand. This card gains 1000 ATK for each card in the Pendulum Zones. You can Banish this card from your graveyard, then target 1 level 3 or lower monster in your graveyard, except ' Illusion 'Lord of Wight' '; Special Summon that target. Its effects are negated.[/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Illusion 'Angel' "]

FMtn1z8.jpg

[spoiler="Lore:"] 1 LIGHT tuner + 1 or more LIGHT non-tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Target 1 card in the Pendulum Zone; Return that target to the top of its owner's Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. When this card is used as Synchro Material: return it to the Extra Deck instead of sending it to the graveyard. When this card is sent to the Extra Deck: You can target 1 tuner monster in your graveyard or Banished Pile; Add that target to your hand, and if you do, your opponent draws 1 card. For the rest of the turn this effect is activated, all monster effects on the field are negated, except for the Synchro Summoned monster. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Illusion Divinity"]

RFtIQ0n.jpg

[spoiler="Lore:"] 1 Synchro tuner + 1 or more Synchro non-tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. Negate the activation of any cards and effects that would change this card's ATK, and destroy those cards. When this card attacks, cards and effects cannot be activated. If this card would be removed from the field, you can return all cards in the Pendulum Zones and all Pendulum Summoned monsters to their owners' hands instead. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Archived