Myth Titan - Gaia (from myth set)

kemren_18

XYqchox.jpg

This card can be put to Spell/Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. As long as this card remains in Spell/Trap Card Zone, opponent cannot destroy "Mt. Olympus" Field Spell Card (but it can be replaced). Every Standby Phase of both players, place 1 Myth Counter on this card. Increase this cards ATK and DEF by 100 for each Myth Counter placed on this card. If this card is removed from the field, inflict damage equal to the ATK of this card to its current controller.

*please criticize!! :)

from 1-10

Not sure on OCG but I'm pretty sure it has some problems. Why even make this card a creature at all? It is a weak creature that grows slowly (On your fifth turn with it, assuming it's still alive and the game is still going, it is only a 900/900) and has a drawback for absolutely no reason. I see absolutely zero reason to play this as a creature because it is a pretty bad creature. As a Spell card, it is also pretty bad. This is a weaker version of Field Barrier because it only affects one specific field spell. Bad creature + Bad spell do not equal Good card, sorry to say.

Moving from usability to flavor...still kind of bad. Why is Gaia, the embodiment of the Earth itself, a Fairy and not a Rock? And why is she either a pathetically small creature or protecting the home of her grandkids that she doesn't like? Also, Gaia was a Protogenoi and not a Titan, but that is understandable to change because making an archetype with tons of specific sub-archetypes isn't always the best idea.

sir, its because, Mt. Olympus is powerful for other Myth monsters, some of my powerful monsters rely on the presence of the field spell card to be in the field, and that i suppose that powerful card must have a weak point to be negated. it would be no fun if the one it's protecting is so powerful that the ability of the above card is nothing but useless one..

some of the Protogenoi deities are titans as well, that's why i made gaia as titan. :)

3CZ6228.jpgbbNHIaN.jpg

Broken archetype is broken ohoohoo.

1. You should go read the OCG thread, that will clear some stuff for you, what should you capitalize and what not, what words do you use and what specific type of sentence building you use, you'd also notice the wrong phrases you use (as in "This Card cannot be Summoned or Set, only if "Mt.Olympus" is on the field can it be Summon", which HAS to be "This card cannot be Summoned or Set, except while "Mt. Olympus" is face-up on the field")

uh. there's too much, I'll fix it for you. look at the difference please.

Zeus:

This Card cannot be Summoned or Set, only if "Mt.Olympus" is on the field can it be Summon. This card can attack all monsters of both field once each. If this card battles with monsters with "Myth" in it's name, destroy this card and inflict damage to your Life Points equal to half the ATK of this card. The Battle Damage when this card battles with "Myth" monsters is 0.

This card cannot be Summoned or Set, except while "Mt. Olympus" is face-up on the field. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. At the start of the Damage Step: If this card battles a "Myth" monster, destroy this card and inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of this card's ATK.

• the phrases are not written correctly
  • you can't attack monsters on your side of the field, there is no game mechanic for that.
  • The last effct (damage reduce thing) is unnecessary because Zeus auto destroys itself at the damage step, before any damage is actually dealt. so you'd never even have to calculate any damage between zeus and a myth monster anyway.

Mt.Olympus:

If a monster with "Myth" in its name exists on the field, it cannot be destroyed by any Spell Card. If a Trap Card is used to destroy a "Myth" monster, pay 500 Life Points to negate and destroy the card. Increase the ATK and DEF of all face-up "Myth" monsters on the field by 200. If "Mt.Olympus is out of the field, destroy all cards with "Myth on it's name on the field.

"Myth" monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF and cannot be destroyed by the effects of Spell Cards. If a "Myth" monster would be destroyed by the effect of a Trap Card: Pay 500 Life Points; negate that effect and destroy that card. When this card leaves the field, destroy all face-up "Myth" cards.

• monsters do not "exist" on the field, they are simply on it.
  • the first phrase is unnecessary, just say myth monsters cannot be destroyed by spells etc.
  • ATK increase, destruction protection etc and all continuous effects should be at the beginning of the effect.
  • cards are not going out of the field, they leave it.
  • instead of "cards with X in their name on the field" >>>> say "face-up "X" cards"

Gaia:

This card can be put to Spell/Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. As long as this card remains in Spell/Trap Card Zone, opponent cannot destroy "Mt. Olympus" Field Spell Card (but it can be replaced). Every Standby Phase of both players, place 1 Myth Counter on this card. Increase this cards ATK and DEF by 100 for each Myth Counter placed on this card. If this card is removed from the field, inflict damage equal to the ATK of this card to its current controller.

You can activate this card as a Continuous Spell Card in your Spell / Trap Card Zone. While this card is in your Spell / Trap Card Zone, "Mt. Olympus" cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. During each Standby Phase, place 1 Myth Counter on this card. This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each Myth Counter on this card. If this card was removed from the field, take damage equal to this card's ATK

• Gaia's ATK increase effect can only work if it is a monster on the field, not if it's a Spell or Trap Card. Spell and Trap Cards have no ATK thus you can't rely on ATK when writing it's effect. I left it as is b/c that's what you wrote..

so far Gaia is free protection effect with a so called "cost" that will usually only go up to 900, 700; shouldn't be ran as ya know, we've got Field Barrier.

Mt.Olympus protects the completely broken zeus from any S / T destruction.

Zeus has 3000 ATK and can attack each monster your opponent controls, he's also kinda Spell / Trap proof so he shouldn't worry about your opponent's backrow. broken.

destruction is obviously not the only method of monster removal since you have returning to hand, to deck, sending to the grave (without destroying), banishing etc. but destruction is still the most common and should not be so easily avoided. ESPECIALLY if you have more than 1 "myth" monster in your archetype.

you asked for ratings, so 5/10 for effort and thinking, but that's not for RC.

I wrote this long post because I had thought you should know your the mistakes. we've all been there afterall.

My beef on Gaia. There is no point running this card since any god darn deck can simply destroy it. Any deck at all! Plus the backside of losing life points upon destruction is annoying as well, since yet again, Anyone can destroy it. ANYBODY AT ALL! As well as that, there is no real archetype it can support, since it only supports 1 incomplete archetype. And my two cents on the flavor is that the artwork is just a reason to show nudity to people. Why? Since Mother Nature has no gender at all, it is just Planet Earth and the environment and even if it had a physical form, it would look huge and have a level of 12 or something like that.

Probably 4/10 since you could use Creature Swap, but that would take a lot of luck...

Archived