Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,043 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

心霊龍

(Shinreiryū)

In some way, I suppose you could call them the Blackwings of DP; considering Psychic Dragons are capable of swarming a good amount and making their Extra Deck rather quickly.

At the moment, being used as a character's Deck in one of my offsite fan fics; actually two of them, though the playstyles are different.

The general playstyle is to NS/SS one of the Level 4 monsters to trigger their effects to summon another one. Out of fairness, the lower Level ones are the cards you'd be using more often, because they can fuel plays into the bosses. Indeed though, Darkness Metal is a staple for them (if not mandatory).

The Spell/Traps have a variety of functions, ranging from revival (as there is a lack of it), shuffling in used members, LP recovery and other things to help them flow.

As usual, a lot of staples can also help them flow better, including BTS, MST and everything else.

Considering this Archetype has a lot of members/support, it is possible to field 2-3 separate variants of it; depending on what you want to do with them.

Keep in mind that this was originally designed as a Synchro based Deck, though you certain can incorporate both Synchro/Xyz in here (or even F.G.D. if you have room to tech Dragon's Mirror and stuff)

----------

And yes, there is a mild Pokémon undertone in the way some of the monsters are named. A lot of them are either named after prominent characters using their Japanese name, or based on a quality that suits them best (in other cases)

Dragon Soldiers are based on the Creation Trio of Sinnoh, Heroes are on Reshi/Zekrom, Destroyer is Kyurem (which makes sense, doesn't it?).

Monster Cards

Extra Deck

Spell Cards

Trap Cards

Before anyone points this out, some of the monster cards do use the Japanese names of certain anime characters (I think you can figure out the pattern). They are not meant to reference said characters in any way.

With that said and done, please CnC/fix OCG/love/hate, etc.

As usual, reps will be given to those who contribute good reviews AND abide by Advanced Clause.

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 19 August 2015 - 08:31 AM.
Moving stuff back to Advanced

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,043 posts

BUMP.

(Thinking of new updates for this; especially because lack of Traps is a bit depressing)

Update Log:

11/10/2014

1/6/2015

2/27/2015

3/3/2015

3/4/2015

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 04 March 2015 - 06:24 AM.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Cirrus

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

OK, so. First remark; too many random Special Summon effects and effects that are very similar to one another's. It just takes up design space and is generally unnecessary. For example, after the nerfs, Shigeru and Sakura are near-identical except the level 4 negate and the level 3 doesn't, and Hikari is pretty much just better than Airisu.

Kitana is randomly just kill 1 card if you used it for an ED Summon. This effect should not exist given that the card is -also- a Bora (and that the Tuners can SS this card even if it wasn't a Bora). Shoku is effectively immune to battle-death and is just a ridiculously powerful Exploder Dragon; this may be fixed by clarifying the wording and or making it proc after damage calculation. The free removal brothers Shinri and Rinen really shouldn't be free removal (revealing 2 is a condition), and the shuffle effect on Shinri shouldn't be on a level 4 in any case.

Mangetsu's attack is on the high side, though I understand that it's pretty much just a vanilla beater.

Arkeios has too much damage potential; 4k attack + the ability to randomly recover something is really strong. Please make this have a level limit (preferably 6 or lower) or an inability to attack limit. Latios's destruction effect prevents chaining, which is not the best, although it's probably fine in this context as the card is otherwise a mediocre beater. Latias is rather annoying to play against; but has a discard cost now - its impact should still be tested in playtesting because negation is still -really good-, but fine. The Rank 8 is ... okay, sure, it +2s as it dies. Banishes 2 cards and doesn't target, and gets you back a Psychic Dragon to boot. This card is many lightyears better than Felgrand (although it's somewhat less resilient to removal); please fix this unfortunate phenomenon. Good thing it can't be revived for an encore. Number 45 needs to be able to summon only fodder, not resummon dead Synchros; so making it level 6 or lower (or level 5/4 or lower) should be of great help.

The Field Spell +1s you every turn. You either get back a dead boss monster to lay on the beats with or you just get a free material. And to top it off you can't even keep it dead! Please nerf this card, this makes 2 Field 3 Terraforming a legitimate choice. Free revival every turn is highly, highly questionable on any card (I mean look at Miracle Fertilizer and how many restrictions that thing has).

You have an archetype Pot of Avarice. This is theoretically playable at 3. Please fix this.

The Traps are fine in comparison, although you do have a free(-ish) fetch of a fodder on a Trap Card.

Love of Ghibli

Love of Ghibli

A Calming Breeze

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Gate -> Hikari-> Sakura-> anything During your opponents end phase has become my bread and butter. Just saying.

Also pretty Ironic the first draft of my deck did have two terraforming lol

mjVFo6c.jpg

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,043 posts

I don't think I even used Psychic Earth against you during that test match; though I probably had a copy or two in the Deck somewhere.

Hopefully you remember how spammy they were in their impure form.

As for Mangetsu, I tend not to use it, because all it really does is boost damage (which helps in some cases).

---

Anyway...

Some of the redundant effects should've been repaired, among other things:

• I fixed Airisu/Shigeru so they can revive stuff from the Graveyard instead of being SS-able from hand. (Basically ripping off stuff from Boxers)
  • Kitana turns into a draw effect, with a hard OPT.
  • Shinshoryu revives only monsters with 2300 or less ATK. (This allows it access to revive Hakuryu if needed, but probably not)
  • Shinri and Rinen should have their effects treated as costs (and that's how they were intended). Wording-wise, that needs to be done properly.
  • Psychic Earth gives OPT destruction immunity.
  • Restoration just returns a PD monster to your hand now.
  • Arkeios has an attack lock on it now for revival things.
  • 26 has its banishing effect nerfed to 1 card; still hurts enough. Also, it already targeted the card.

Just keep in mind that I designed these a year or so ago, and back then, there were less members to work with.

Over time, I added extra stuff to deal with the power creep and other crap, such as 45 and other things. (Now there's around 30-40ish cards; yeah...way too much)

(I WAS going to add C26, but probably best that I didn't)

I should mention that there is another card that's on DP, but not on here. I've added that here (It's the Higana one).

Basically that searches the Spell/Trap stuff, or acts as a RoTA for them. However, that requires another PD monster on the field; which will probably occur and is hard OPT.

---

Then again guys, I had this buried in here for the longest time.

Anyway, I'll update DP with the modifications tomorrow or Thursday.

Otherwise, if I don't update them, these are the official effects.

---

If any more edits need to be made, I will do them later today.

Right now, it's past 1 am.

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 04 March 2015 - 06:29 AM.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Cirrus

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

OK, what I meant is that revealing 2 to get a free card, even though the condition is kind of specific, isn't really a cost that you have to pay. And you have two of these guys so you have 6 pieces of removal on a stick. But since it requires some extension for you to be able to use their effects ... it might be ok.

Maximum one 1-card ED monster per archetype, please; though Airisu doesn't seem to revive anything from Grave so I guess it's just Shigeru. Fine. I would more highly prefer if the 1-card ED were on a level 3, but eh.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,043 posts

The original Extra Deck monsters are the two Synchros based on my Eons (and for most intents and purposes, the stars of the whole thing), alongside 110.

As mentioned before, I've been adding on to them for the past couple years.

Hmm, it might be useful for me to divide the set into older version and newer version, so you know which cards are original and what are newer additions.

Probably coloring them should help.

---

Anyway, I'll continue to check their power things and do further nerfing on their own, but I'd like to make sure they can still play properly.

They should be able to, but not as rapidly as they did in the past (but still make their bosses properly).

As I mentioned, you could hypothetically field 2 or 3 different versions of the Deck; based on what aspect you want to specialize in.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Love of Ghibli

Love of Ghibli

A Calming Breeze

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

I have edited the following in Duel Portal: Airisu, Higana, Hikari, Sakura, Satoshi, Wateru, Restoration, Earth, Gate, Shinshoryu and Latias

Those were the ones I based a deck around before the nerfs...Well now it looks..weird but it looks like they're may be some promise in this lot.

mjVFo6c.jpg

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,043 posts

You did edit them according to this post, correct?

But thanks for doing the fixes.

I would've done them, but my afternoon naps keep extending into the later hours; plus college work.

Or if it's easier for the lot of you, you can call the ones with romanized Japanese names by their English ones.

Remember that a ton of them are the Japanese names of Pokemon characters (Airisu = Iris, Hikari = Dawn, Satoshi = Ash [obvious], Higana = Zinnia, Wataru = Lance etc.)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

BtanH

BtanH

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
So I looked this over, and I have a few thoughts.
I think the main deck monsters looks pretty good at the moment, nothing really seems overly strong.
Except for Psychic Dragon Soldier Jikan. This card is extremely strong and it's generic. The first effect procs when people attack it, slowing everything down, and its second effect is something you'd normally see on a card with less attack. I think you should make the first effect only work on other Psychic Dragons, and lower the attack on this card (especially as so many of your cards already lower your opponent's monster's attack, and you have the equip spell that increases attack).
Also Kitana + Shigeru is stupidly strong. It's a 0 card level 8 synchro. Is there anyway to make it so Kitana doesn't draw if it's effect is negated.

As for the extra deck, Arkeios looks like a problem waiting to happen. It's not extremely hard to summon, though it will usually cost at least 2 cards. The biggest problem I see is that if you do end up getting the negation effect off, your opponent is not longer able to play the game. You get a skill drain and a royal decree and a spell negator that only effect your opponent, at no cost to yourself. It would be an extremely frustrating experience, and honestly, if you have Arkeios and 3 other Psychic Dragons, you shouldn't be having issues winning. IMO the SS effect on Arkeios is enough.

Latios's on destruction effect is another huge pain, which isn't even flavourful. Nothing about Latios the pokemon says to me "when I die I kill things". It just punishes your opp
onent for dealing with a threat you've fielded. I'd rather give Latios more power on the field, and remove the second effect.
Same deal with Ryukyu, especially so, as it's a +2 on death. Can you imagine someone summoning Ryukyu so they can Torrential Tribute the field? They'd then be able to banish your backrow and summon something, like a Latios or an Arkeios. I think if you removed the banish from field, and made it so it could only special summon something level 7 or lower it would not be as large a problem.

Another thing I noticed is that you have a lot of cards like Shocker which protect other Psychic Dragons. I'm a little bit worried about the potential to create a field lock with a number of these, where nothing can be destroyed, but I don't think that this is a huge deal, or very likely to become an issue.

I don't think Spirit Jewel should have the protection effect, and the draw effect. One or the other should be sufficient.

Finally, Final Dance, is not a healthy card. It can do 2400 (or more) damage very easily, and I fear that that is a little bit much. This card does damage similar to Spiritual Fire Art, but it is searchable. Espeically as this archetpye already has a lot of ways to push for damage quickly, I worry that dropping a large monster and swinging, then using Fire Dance can end games exceptionally early. Arkeios + this = 7k damage, Latios + this = 5400 damage. It probably isn't as big a problem as I am worried. Maybe lower the damage it deals? This suggestion isn't as important as the others.

I just want to point out, that because these are all Dragons, this archetype works with D-Rulers. And the D-Rulers can use all their effects, because some of the monsters are Wind/Water/Fire/Earth.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,043 posts

Yeah, they can work with Rulers, but the most they'll do for Psychic Dragons is provide beatstick support; as they cannot make any of the Extra Deck monsters.

Or just help with generic things.

BTW, Arkeios has a Nomi clause (read the first effect), so even if Ryukyu gets blown up, it will NOT revive Arkeios (Arceus) from the Graveyard. Most it can do is revive Latios or his sister.

There are several options you can take into making him efficiently, Masato + 2 of the Level 4s; Haruka/Kasumi + 2 of the others that add up to 7, Shigeru + 2 Level 3s.

Outside of Serena and probably Mangetsu, not many options you can do to make Ryukyu (unless you use Latios as the Xyz Material). Most of the time, you'll probably use Serena.

For Latios's last effect, think of it as the move Memento (and again, see movie 5 in which he does sacrifice his life). Though I could just allow him to burn for full damage if he kills something if you really want the power aspect of him enhanced.

Final Dance can get the damage output toned down to 200 per Level/Rank, but fixes can be done later.

----

Also keep in mind that these cards were designed for fanfic usage; two different variants, if you will.

One does control, the other is pretty much brute force.

You can probably figure out whom they were designed for.

110 was designed from 2013, alongside the Eons and some of the earlier stuff like Hikari, Sakura, Kasumi, Haruka and stuff.

Stuff like Ryukyu, Arkeios, Serena, Airisu, Shigeru and stuff were designed later on.

----

A Decklist was already submitted, so can't make changes at this point (not until tournament ends).

But at least this is actually getting some views, as opposed to having it sit at the back end of this forum as an archive.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

BtanH

BtanH

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Ok so the Extea deck monsters are probably fine, but I see 3 issues still

1. D-Rulers - Free recurring beaters are really strong, as is rank 7 potential. Also, you have the ability to search your deck for useful Pyschic Dragons if you opt to banish your D-Rulers, or you can discard them from hand for searches or monster reborn or free destruction. It adds a lot of power to the deck, and needs to be kept in mind.

2. Jikan - Jikan should only have an effect when you control another Psychic Dragon. At present it's extremely strong.

3. Kitana + Shigeru - This combo lets you make 0 card Latio or other level 8 synchros. Make it so that Kitana negates until the end phase, rather than just on the field.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,043 posts

Jikan can get a limiter on its effect at the end of the tournament.

I've not forgotten that D-Rulers work well here, but again banishing is somewhat counterproductive to their plays here. Yeah, Serena basically can enable any high Rank plays, but keep in mind that you'd mainly use it for 26; as that also has a limiter.

Kitana can get its draw effect changed again. Which would you rather take: Getting to destroy something on the field OR a free draw, with the reminder that you only get 1 draw per turn.

----

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

BtanH

BtanH

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Whoops I meant that Shigeru should have it's effect changed to negating the effect of the card it summons until your opponent's next end phase. Kitana is fine atm, the problem is that summoning Shigeru lets you summon Kitana, and then if you synch for Latios, you get the draw from Kitanan too.
The rank 7s would be coming from 2 d-rulers or level 7 synchros I think, more than Serena.
And yeah, because 26 is so easy to summon with Serena, I think the on destruction effect should be toned down a little bit. Perhaps just the summon?
I'm glad to hear about Jikan.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,043 posts

As I mentioned earlier, Serena is limited to Psychic Dragon monsters only when its effect triggers, so you really only have Ryukyu to make with that.

(I did have plans to make a Rank 6 for them; suppose I'll add that later)

But yeah, the Rulers will be making Rank 7s more often; but there's not too much reason to run R7s here. Idea is to keep Latias out on the field to deal with negation stuff; no reason you should be using her to Xyz things, unless you can't run over stuff.

As for Ryukyu, I could probably tone it down a bit; but let's see how much of an impact it has in the tournament.

---

Keep in mind that I did design Accel Synchro forms for the Eons (see my Pokémon Set 2 in Advanced), but those are somewhat impossible to make in this Deck; unless I make more Level 1/2 monsters.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users