YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 3

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's because I changed my vote for it after you said, "NOBODY VOTE!", and someone Murphy voted for Mawile. You should be grateful.

Wait...so...you changed it after Murphy voted for Mawile to P-Z and allowed them both to make it?

If that's what you mean.

Yay! Thank you! <3 <3 <3

Round 1 analysis (from my perspective)

- I still have 7/12 of my nominations still in this thing

- By advancing to Round 2, Houndoom got his revenge on Feraligatr who fell to those pesky Hoenn starters (stupid RNG)

- RNG was a bitch in some matchups (For me, Match #9 where 3 of my nominations were battling it out)

- Out of the 71 Round 2 pokemon, the pokemon type that has the most entrants is Psychic who has 13 entrants, Water is second with 12 and Dark is third with 11.

- As the highest placing pokemon from the 2nd tournament, Dragonite is still in the running for that elusive title.

I lost Lucario / Reshi / Keldeo in preliminaries (all close matches); everything else is more or less still in the running.

And yeah, RNG was a bitch in certain matches; plus certain Pokes got more love than I expected, especially that one hackers found and Gamefreak never officially released (Hoopa).

Whether or not Houndoom lives through Round 2 depends on the RNG and how many people like him over whoever else. 

As for scoring issues, the top 2 will advance (meaning those with the highest votes); if there's a 2nd place tie, both of them go on.

It goes like this.

Suppose a match with Espeon, Houndoom, Eevee and Jolteon occurred; results are like this:

Espy: 12

Houndoom: 9

Eevee: 11

Jolteon: 12

In this scenario, both Espy/Jolteon would advance b/c they have the two highest votes (or the same anyway)

Now in this scenario:

Espy: 22

Houndoom: 1

Eevee: 12

Jolteon: 12

Espeon would move on, and so will Eevee/Jolteon because they tied for second.

[And yes, Houndoom is deliberately being portrayed as the "make-sha" <loser> for the purposes of explanation)

I should have the first 8 matches of round 2 up tomorrow.

Hopefully I actually do equal amounts, instead of spreading out weird amounts over certain days.

Much like last tournament, we're doing 32 1v1 matches for rest of tournament; because 5Ps will suck.

And the W matches will still exist; should there be any more controversial ones.

Mine are based on competitive usage (experience), design/appeal (movies help to an extent) and some other things.

So yeah, that usually results in most of my nominations being UU-ranked or higher in Smogon terms [fully evolved/legendary and doing stuff].

And this tournament's making Polls actually active again.

Just to be honest, Slowpoke only got that victory because of a SINGLE non-posting voter.

Otherwise, it would be a tie.

On another note, I might have to say farewell to my Eons in this round; considering Latias is losing to Vaporeon 7-4 (and I heard Vapor was one of the least favorite) and her bro is losing 4-6 to Zapdos. In the latter case, he has an extra day to garner enough votes to hopefully tie and advance in her place.

Espeon and Milotic both advanced, so whether or not Zextra and I will have it at each other again remains to be seen.

[If that happens, no one is getting booted should they lose.]

I lost my girlfriend this time around; obviously pissed off but favorites will be favorites. Then again, there's always next time if it ever occurs.

Vaporeon's going to pay dearly next round; which means auto voting for its opponent(s). 

Latios, carry on the sword of vengeance and slay your sister's killer should you ever meet.

(At least Latias gets sent off with a beautiful elegy + farewell speech)

---

Yeah, we're all going to defend our nominations, even to the bitter death.

She probably will.

Unless something major happens, I should have my Arcanine confirmed for Round 3.

Hopefully Latios can maintain the tie with Zapdos (or even better, break it).

Same with Xerneas.

Yveltal's losing to Masquerain by a vote right now, last I checked. As much as I'd say bad things about Masquerain, given its merits, if people really like it, I'm in no position to really complain.

Assuming no one else votes on 2-17, the match remains a draw and Latios can advance + hopefully avenge his sister.

Arcanine should be fine though, unless a ton of bovine lovers decided to support it.

Xerneas should force a draw if I checked it properly.

Mewtwo's still up for contention, though when I checked it during class, Aurorus was winning by a 2 vote margin; it's probably changed at this point.

Archived