YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 3

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Totally forgot you had the ability to set the time for these to lock. Probably because of Cow (not saying it's your fault, but it is).

I apologize from the bottom of my heart for misleading you. D:

Ahem. Anyway. Yay, finally a nomination of mine makes it through more than a couple matches and it's in the finals!

Looks like I may have to get someone to make a Vaporeon gijinka pic I found into an avi after all.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, and a lot of people want remakes of the remakes for Gen 1 in 3D. 

Do I really want to see Red again? Not really.

Anyway, I know where my heart lies in the final; and that's with my fire dog/komainu.

In other words, Argentine komainu (see flavor dialogues) vs whatever ethnicity you want Vapo to be.

So basically, it's Cow vs me now. Interesting...

On that note, another 2-3 W matches will be around in the final; one will be a Godzilla match.

1st one will be Volca/Hydreigon fighting again, but with Tyranitar. You can thank Nai for suggesting it.

2nd will be another CC mod battle: Zextra vs Nai vs me. (I'm being Latias again, much like how 4-1 in tournament 2 went)

3rd, I don't know. Anything you guys want to watch?

For this tournament, I'll just make only 1 final match; in which case, Volcarona and my twin legendaries are bronze. (No match to decide a 3rd place)

As mentioned, either because Vaporeon was better liked than its opponents; or Eeveelutions are still hot even now.

Admittedly though, Vaporeon died earlier on in the previous tournament, so suppose it made a dramatic comeback this time.

I know a lot of people were voting against the legendaries lately, but you get it.

As for Cow's new avatar, tempted to fill it, despite having a dislike for Vaporeon (not particularly fond of the design though).

I'll have the finals up later, along with some hypothetical Godzilla battle and the active CC mod roster. Or for that matter, we'll let the other mods have their fun; can't just be CC stealing all the glory.

The last dragon that Vaporeon beat was Hydreigon; it never once touched my Latios because fate decided not to let them fight.

But yeah, first non-Dragon victory.

Anyway, summation of the Pokémon that competed in this tournament (by type); highest placing Poke and where they landed up will be noted (regardless if they won/lost).

If a Poke is dual-Typed, I'll include their names in both along with the runner-up for their secondary; otherwise they will be noted in the higher of the two placing categories.

Dragon: Latios (R6; 3rd)

Psychic: Latios (R6; 3rd), Espeon/Cresselia (R3)

Water: Vaporeon (R7, 1st)

Fire: Arcanine (R7, 2nd)

Grass: Sceptile (R4)

Poison: Nidoqueen (R3)

Fairy: Xerneas (R6, 3rd)

Dark: Greninja/Absol/Hydreigon (R5)

Ghost: Chandelure/Rotom (R4)

Fighting: Gallade (R3)

Flying: Masquerain (R4)

Bug: Volcarona (R6)

Ice: Aurorus (R3)

Electric: Luxray (R5)

Ground: Swampert, Golurk, Nidoqueen, Quagsire (R3)

Rock: Shuckle (R4)

Steel: Empoleon (R4)

Normal: Dunsparce (R3)

Rock: Shuckle (R4), Aurorus (R3), Tyranitar (R2)

I'll keep this thread open for another day for you all to have final thoughts before I unsticky + lock this.

As noted, going to be taking a break from hosting the tournament; basically academic reasons and other stuff.

I will say this, at least a dragon-type didn't win unlike the previous two tournaments, and tbh I didn't really mind who won after the semis were over tbh. (Most likely because my kill list was eliminated that round.)

[spoiler=Storytime]

Speaking of, a reporter at the scene of the semis was murdered after he witnessed Volcarona burning Latios' and Xerneas' bronze medals. The reporter stated that he overheard Volcarona telling the two legendaries that because he got the most votes of the defeated pokemon in the semis, he deserved to be the only one to finish third and thus burned the other bronze medals. Upon realising that he had been witnessed, Volcarona killed the reporter and flew away.

[/spoiler]

One thing that irked me during the nomination process however was the nomination of Hoopa because it hadn't been officially announced by Nintendo at the time. Another thing that irked me personally was seeing Feraligatr (3rd place in Tournament #2) eliminated in Round 1 whilst Houndoom (4th place) advanced further.

At least there weren't any BS matches like Blazikengate from the previous tournament

Out of fairness, I didn't know about the Blazikengate thing until Zextra PMed me about it; though I have been keeping public voting open + checking who's voted.

So far, it's been legitimate voters.

Indeed, Volcarona would've been the likely 3rd place winner, but basically decided to do a 4-man bracket style tournament in the finals; 1st, 2nd and two 3rds, basically three matches; the semifinals (losers are 3rd automatically) and winners fight for gold/silver later.

Now that Hoopa's been confirmed, it would be an okay addition had the tournament occurred now; Volcanion isn't qualified.

Basically, unless Nintendo's officially releasing the Poke in some event, not going to acknowledge it.

----

As for Feraligatr getting killed, people may have liked the other 2-3 nominations better at that point; I really cannot say.

Indeed, some of mine got shot down in Round 1 also, much like tournament 2.

Hmm, we'll need a new premise for GPT 4.

If you guys want to do it on your own, feel free to do it; no need to get my approval on it (actually, DL's the one who began the whole trend)

LOCKED.

Archived