Absolute Light, A deck based on recovery

GoldenTide

First of all, get rid of the watermarks on the card pictures. It makes it look bad.

This deck is pretty badly broken. The fact that you gain 1000 life points when a card is normal summoned isn't really that bad, except for the fact that a lot of these monsters are pretty damn strong. Fear is 2400 defese with no drawbacks, Dreamer is just rediculously strong and the life game is rediculous, you can use Innocence's effect to instantly get Wander, and so on. Circle of Lights makes the life gain even more rediculous and Gift to the Magi is super rediculously broken. Under no circumstances should you be able to double your life points, especially in a massive life gain deck with strong cards. The life gain itself isn't really the problem (well, it is a problem but not the main one), it's that there's rediculous life gain with 3000 ATK monsters.

I would make the monsters significantly weaker. My suggestion would actually be to make the monsters go full stall instead of attacking. There could be a card where if you reach a certain amount of life points, you win the duel. That would be less broken and far more interesting.

I STRONGLY AGREE. You do realize, with no Special Summon limitations, you can gain so much life Points its impossible to lose? Even so, nobody tribute summons anymore. Ever. Never. You do NOT revolve a Deck around tributing and gaining LP. Even when you do get a Shi* ton of LP, what do you do? These guys are vulnerable to Every, Single, Card in existence. They have no driving power except to be a frikin hedgehog with its shell, no power. I can spam Dark Hole, Sak, etc. Fix this abomination. Give resistance to cards. And please, PLEASE< REMOVE THE HEALING

@above: Monarchs would like to have a word with you.

As for the set itself, like the other two members already noted, this set's focus on LP restoration causes it to do too much.

Essentially every monster in here restores LP when it's summoned, and combined with Distress; it causes your opponent to take relatively significant damage, based on how much you restore.

Also, Mercy essentially says "screw you" to Shaddolls (Main Deck + Winda), Ghostricks or whatever DARK monsters are common nowadays.

Mermaid screws with Fire Fists, Boxers, Infernoids and every other relevant thing that's FIRE.

You need to tone them down significantly; yes LP is important in the long run, but if these were ever run in a real game, would result in games taking longer. And no, just because cards like Exciton, Breakthrough Skill and other removal/negation exists, doesn't mean your cards should be made broken; especially when some of them have above-average stats for their Level without any drawbacks (or if there are any, they're miniscule). 

Also, post your lore underneath the cards.

It's one of this section's rules that you do so; even if we can read it.

Guys...Light Prisoner...Made for all of your concerns...

But... you would never put that in your deck. And even if someone put it in their deck, it would be completly useless outside of countering this deck. Plus you have a card where your opponent cannot play spell or trap cards (unless that was another archetype that someone posted here, I don't feel like looking through all of your cards again). You don't fix an archetype by creating a card that counters it, you make a more balanced archetype.

But... you would never put that in your deck. And even if someone put it in their deck, it would be completly useless outside of countering this deck. Plus you have a card where your opponent cannot play spell or trap cards (unless that was another archetype that someone posted here, I don't feel like looking through all of your cards again). You don't fix an archetype by creating a card that counters it, you make a more balanced archetype.

I couldn't have said it better my self

I hate to do this, but, I'm afraid I have too, I'm defending my archtype card for card:

Child: Dead draw, useless on its own
Distress: Cannot activate by her own effect, once per turn effect, and since you cannot Normal Summon more then once, well, do the math...
Dreamer: Pretty hard to get out, this isn't Lightsworn
Fear: Pretty lame when you get right down to it, sure it's a Tuner, but still...Pretty lame
Flowerbed: Who Tribute Summons anymore???
Innocence: The Agent of Creation-Venus. That is all.
Lilac: A crappy searcher (Excluding this card)
Marriage: Limits your Synchro game to just LIGHT Synchro Monsters (Sorry Stardust and Goyo)
Mermaid: This was made during my hatred of Fire Fists, so I'll admit to this being unfair...
Moonlight: Standard beatstick
Mother and Daughter: Gellenduo 2.0
Peace: Final Countdown/Exodia players rejoyce! (I'll give you this one)
Porter: Zeradias, Herald of Heaven
Spring: I can understand an argument against this card, after all, how hard is it to get over 8000 Life Points with this archtype?
Timekeeper: Strange card. But effects are a thing, so...
Waterfall: Sorry Xyzs...
Seasons: Raigeki, Dark Hole, Master Hyperion, Judgement Dragon, Should I go on?
Wander: Herald of Pure Light, only with respectable stats
Mercy: Has to have a specific Monster to summon (Child) See Seasons
Queen: Spells and monster effects tho
Circle Of Light: OK, ok, I screwed up. Sue me (The Agent of Force-Mars might get some play though)
Gift To the Magi: Desperation, much?
Guide to the Realm of Light: Draw engine, It's not even nessessary (Cards From the Sky is better)
I Saw The Light!: If it was a once per turn effect, it would be ok. I can see an argument against it
Nursery: You cannot LOSE Life Points due to a card effects, it doesn't say you can't stop it from happening (Light Prisoner, Skill Drain etc.)
Palace of Absolute Light: Pretty lame, if you think about it. Circle of Light is better
Ride To Heaven: Manju, only Archtype specific
Shh!!: Swords of Revealing Light, but for Spells and Traps!
Light on Time: Confusing as hell. Brings up ruling questions out the wazoo. Scratch this card
Like Night and Day: Honest is better. MUCH better
Stone of Absolute Light: Simple and basic. No thrills
Light Prisoner: Well, yeah

I don't think ANY archtype, created or otherwise, is unstoppable. A.L. is no different

No really, just use cards to discard cards to the graveyard. You could easily get 10 monsters in there by mid duel. Even so, there's pretty much no way to make a 4000/4000 monster with 4000 life gain balanced. At all.
------------------------------

Alright, I've been thinking about it, and if you really want to keep the Dreamer in the deck, it can be done, but you'd have to compeltely rebuild your archetype. The one card that's similar in terms of power is shooting star quasar dragon, which is rediculously powerful, but extremely difficult to summon. You would have to build the entire archetype around summoning this monster, which means the entire life gain aspect would have to be removed.

First of all, I would make the summoning requirement about 25 or so monsters. Basically, you'd have to sacrifice every monster you have to summon it. Then I would build the entire archetype on discarding your monsters to the graveyard so that you can go through your deck as quickly as possible to summon this monster. The problem now is, after that much sacrifice, the monster in it's current state isn't powerful enough. I'd give it spell/trap protection, so that its only weakness is pretty much monster effects. After all, it's going to basically be your last monster in your deck. But with that, you can't have the gain 4000 life points. Instead, I would make it so that you have to pay 4000 life points, or some really high cost like that.

Only then will that card be balanced, but it's going to take a lot of effort to completly rebuild what you made to do it. But if you do, I think that could be an interesting archetype.

Ok. so y'alls main argument is with Dreamer. Ok, fair enough. Let's just say Dreamer didn't exist, it never happened. What would you consider this archtype if Dreamer wasn't a part of it.

OR Dreamer was toned down slightly, say only gain 2000, and/or you had to have EXACTLY TEN "Absolute Light" cards in your Graveyard (Like Archlord Krystia)

I would play this deck, just to see the Fairy type get a hefty boost...

Also, you haven't said a THING about Trinity...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/mJ3NsaS.jpg[/img]

The new Dreamer. Dream Big.

Ahh poo I love that combo, soul release gives you 2500 with soul absorb, necroface is really good too. But If an ARCHETYPE not randoms cards can get you to 25000 LP, something is wrong. Or it just brings instant win conditons back. :)

I know that combo, but there's another one where you can get like 10,000 life in one turn. It's hard to do though. My friend has done it a few times.

Dreamer wasn't broken, guys. [url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sephiron]This card[/url] exists, and it doesn't see play even though it's theoretically an OTK by itself against an empty frontrow. 4k Life Points is a lot, but really, all it does at most is make up for two direct attacks. The two most concerning combos with it is with Distress (which is a problem with Distress, not Dreamer) and with the Field Spell (which is also the Field's problem, but this isn't that bad).

If you want, you can bump Child's stats up a tad. It's basically the Shine Ball of the Deck, only with Rank 1s instead of 2s, so there isn't much to say about this.

Distress, as I mentioned, is a problem card, and if the Deck improves to where it isn't so slow this will definitely become broken. Combined with the first Field Spell, each Normal Summon burns your opponent for 2k damage. Then, it has 2k ATK, so it dishes out damage fast. A 2k monster with a 1k heal isn't a problem, so lowering the ATK of this won't solve the issue. Maybe instead of burning your opponent, you can pay some sort of cost to boost its ATK by a bit. Not a Life Point cost, since that would be redundant. Not a discard cost, since that would be too costly unless the effect boosts the ATK up by like 1000-1500 or so.

Since Dreamer needs for you to banish 10 of your monsters in a Deck, and this Deck doesn't focus on milling at all, it's going to be dead in your hand for a very long time. The point made above that you could just keep discarding doesn't work because you need to draw all of those monsters and discards, or tech a few Lightsworns. There's not enough of a need for a Graveyard setup for that though, since this is pretty much the only thing that wants you to have something in your Grave. The "toss big monsters from your hand for no real cost" is a problem with cards like Judgment Dragon and BLS-EotB in a design sense, so it may be better if you just discard 2 Absolute Light monsters to Special Summon it from your hand instead. Three is too much since you're -3'ing yourself for a big monster; if you think that two cards isn't enough, you should probably bump the stats down to 3000 instead of upping the cost (hint: When you pass 3000 ATK, most of the extra ATK isn't going to do anything but inflict extra damage. BUT, by having it over 3500, you can have this card defeat Apoqliphort Towers). Then there's the issue of what role the monster plays in the Deck. Right now, it just beats things down and heals you, which isn't much.

The alt-win version of Dreamer isn't well-designed at all. Its condition is fulfilled in a way that does not like to interact with your opponent, and so a Deck focused on trying to get it off will be very boring to play against. Like Final Countdown and Exodia. It would be interesting as a card, but would play out painfully.

Fear is generic, which is what makes it a problem card. Here, a fast way to get an Extra Deck monster out helps the Deck thrive greatly, but there are Decks out there that focus on making Rank 4 plays in that you can toss it onto the field, then another Level 4 monster, and Synchro/Xyz Summon. Sure, we have Assault Halberd and Kagetokage, but neither of them are Tuners. There are also Level 4 Tuners, but none of them have an effect as great as this card's Special Summon effect. This fix for this is simple: Restrict this card to where it can't be used for these Summons unless the other materials are Absolute Light monsters. But really, it's a potent card since it lets you get your Extra Deck cards out onto the field really fast.

Flowerbed is akin to the Monarchs in that it has 2400 ATK and an effect that triggers on its Tribute Summon. But unlike the Monarchs, this card only heals you by 1000 (or 2000 under the first Field). This doesn't even compare to Raiza's effect; if you could afford to run this card in your Deck, you'd run Caius or Raiza instead because of how good they are. Once this archetype is improved, you will have enough access to removal effects so that having a slightly higher amount of ATK will not be needed at all. This needs to be able to do something while it's on the field, but what is yet to be decided.

Innocence is the archetype's Agent Venus, and played the way you want it to be, it actually will be a net gain in Life Points (which means you're not really losing anything for the play, which isn't a good thing design-wise). Rank 1s are weaker than Rank 2s usually, but they still have a few decent cards such as your Xyz Monster, Ghostrick Dullahan, and Slacker Magician.

Lilac is an interesting searcher: instead of being flat-out RotA, it has a specific requirement. However, it can activate multiple times per turn (though it won't do that often since most of the time this will trigger on your Normal Summoning something else), which is a bad sign. Being Level 3 instead of 4 hurts its Xyz potential, especially since the other Level 3 Absolute Light monsters don't look really decent, but you still have Synchro potential. The searching needs an once-per-turn clause just to be safe, but it's too slow to be really useful because of how sluggish the archetype in general is. This will be fixed once other cards are improved.

Marriage's restriction is unnecessary. In fact, the whole card seems really unnecessary because Fear is also a Level 4 Tuner (having an ATK score is nice, but not as nice as the Special Summon). Maybe you could replace the healing effect for something that you could only activate if your Life Points are above a specific mark, maybe just above your opponent's Life Points. Maybe it could destroy a Spell or Trap card upon its Normal Summon or something.

The problem with Mermaid, and the equivalent cards that do the same thing to DARK monsters, is that it's a "situational but actually really powerful" effect. It's worthless everywhere else, but it forces the user of a FIRE Deck to use a Spell or Trap effect, or a non-FIRE Extra Deck monster if they can even get one out, just to play their Deck. As a rule, effects that affect one specific Attribute or Type are going to be too powerful to make up for how situational they are, but this doesn't make it right. By being so situational, it's bad in an effective sense, and by being so powerful against the few things it works against, it's bad in a design-sense. Honestly, this effect needs to be swapped out entirely with a different one. Maybe something that can protect one of your other monsters, not sure entirely.

Moonlight's healing effect would be better off on Flowerbed, while this could heal by more. Alternatively, you can have this target and destroy a card on the field in addition to the 2000 Life Points... maybe send it to the Graveyard or banish it instead since destruction is a weak form of removal. The second effect is not really much, just a 200 ATK boost, but it does put it on the 3k barrier. You could just make its original ATK be 3000 instead of having this effect. Like a lot of these other boss monsters, it needs to do something while it's on the field. Maybe while you have more Life Points than your opponent, this can't be targeted by card effects? It's already proven to be an effective form of protection on the newest Leo Synchro.

The problem with Mother and Daughter is that this Deck has access to Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen, which lets you Special Summon your high-Level monsters. You can keep this effect, but it needs to do something else in order for it to look useful. Maybe in addition to that, you can draw a card when it's used as a Tribute for a Tribute Summon or something. Maybe not that, it feels a little weak. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Peace is a problem because of the whole "no attacking" effect. It's like how Level Limit and Gravity Bind were with their no-attacking effects. Even though they could be killed, they were still Limited for the stalling until Xyzs came out (which ignored these cards because they don't have Levels). In addition, this card's user can get rid of this card when they want to by using it for a Synchro Summon, making the effect secretly one-sided.

Porter is outclassed by Terraforming, which doesn't use your Normal Summon on something that could easily be taken out. The healing doesn't make up for it, especially since pretty much every monster here can heal on Normal Summon already. Its Level is unhelpful, it's not a Tuner, and there's pretty much no way to make this card useful outside from a flat-out "Special Summon this from your hand" effect. It's alright if this isn't useful; the archetype has way too many members for you to run them all, with generic cards, and still have a Deck that functions well.

Spring's Special Summon effect suffers from the same design problems that Judgment Dragon has. Like really, you get to fling monsters onto the field for something that's really easy for the Deck to accomplish. If you want it to Special Summon itself, it would be nicer in design if it had a cost rather than just a requirement. It also means it's not completely dead if you're losing. Also, like a lot of your other monsters, it needs something to do while it's on the field. Something that makes it an interesting alternative to Moonlight or Dreamer. You know, you could make Dreamer have an effect that would be useful in some situations, whereas Moonlight's effect would be useful in other situations, and this card useful in situations where the other two aren't as useful. Don't worry too much about getting it perfect. It's ok if two or even all three would be useful in situations, in fact that makes the three less likely to be completely dead at times.

Timekeeper has the same problems Peace and Mermaid have, really. This isn't really a problem that can be abated by making the monster weak, because all that does it make it suck more. It's basically a version of Peace/Mermaid that doesn't even do its job well, as ill-designed as the job is. You can go ahead and change this effect completely/scrap the card since you really have more than enough monsters.

Waterfall has the same problems as Marriage does. Waterfall can be fixed the same way Marriage can. Don't give it the same effect as Marriage gets though.

Seasons is really lackluster for a Level 6 Synchro. Its ATK is fine, the 1000 Life Point gain is eh and redundant, and the effect to avoid being destroyed by battle is also really eh because of the large number of effects that can destroy or otherwise remove this card from the field. You could remove the LIGHT part from the card's Synchro Summoning requirements if you want, or you could make the card good enough to actually deserve them. Maybe "When you Synchro Summon this card while your Life Points are higher than your opponent's: You can target 1 card on the field; send that card to the Graveyard." Even then, it might be better for this archetype to not focus on the Level 2 Tuner, and instead aim for Rank 4 Xyzs and Level 7-8 Synchros.

Wander's Life Point gain completely negates the Life Point cost you're going to use to Summon this (Innocence; any other way will take too much effort, space, and consistency), as I already mentioned. How you want to fix that is up to you. Anyways, it's a wall that most likely needs to be gotten rid of by an effect (right now, not many relevant monsters have 2800 or more ATK) and is the archetype's The Warrior Returning Alive. How useful it is depends on how useful your monsters will be.

Trinity forces you to run Polymerization or some equivalent in order to Summon it, and needing three monsters is too much. You can make it into a contact fusion (you can send the Fusion materials from your field to the Graveyard for this) or reduce the monsters needed to 2. Either way, you can boost the ATK up by 300-400. It's still hardly necessary because of how it needs you to devote Deck space just for the sake of having it.

Mercy and its Ritual Spell are... weird. You need to Tribute 3 Childs (which is going to only happen through Innocence, in which you'll be better of making Wander and not running Ritual stuff), but Mercy has 5 more Levels after that. Regardless, it's the same issue that Mermaid has in that it completely shuts off an entire Attribute. You could change that out for something to make this like Dreamer, Moonlight, or Spring, but something more powerful to compensate for the space you're going to devote to Ritual Summoning.

Queen is closer towards the right thing, though immunity from Traps is only a really minor effect. You can keep it, it just needs something else. Perhaps it could bestow Trap immunity to all of your Absolute Light monsters, but even then it doesn't seem like enough to make you want to splash the Ritual stuff into your Deck. But then again, if it was, then this and Mercy would have to be too powerful.

The Ritual Spells would be much more interesting if they had an additional effect, like Dawn of the Herald does, rather than just Ritual Summoning the monster. You could even have it where one of the Ritual Spells can Ritual Summon either monster as well. But like I said, the Rituals are going to have to do too much for them to be worth running in a Deck that isn't oriented towards it.

Circle of Light is kinda ok. Turning 3000 or 4000 Life Point gains into 6000-8000 Life Point gains is a bit concerning, but it isn't going to be that much of a problem. If you think it might, you could always change the doubling effect to giving you set amount of Life Points each time something specific happens. Or take away the healing effect of some of your monsters. You could fuse it with the other Field Spell because there isn't really any reason for this archetype to have two different Field Spells.

Gift to the Magi can only be played if you manage to get your hand reduced to nothing beforehand, so it becomes likely that once your field is defeated by what your opponent may pull next turn, it'll just be a downward spiral as your opponent takes a few turns to finally get rid of your Life Points while you frantically try to lucksack something (and there isn't really anything in this archetype that would serve that purpose well, well, unless you have Valhalla out already). There isn't any proper cost to doubling your Life Points that won't screw you over in the end.

Guide to the Realm of Light is, in essence, an extra draw per turn, which makes it absurdly powerful as a generic card. I mean, there's Supply Squad for certain Decks, and in those Decks it's really good. Actually, by the way it's worded, you get one during both player's Standby Phase, so it's a Pot of Greed + 2000 Life Points on each of your turns, but I'll just review the card as if the counters only accumulate on your Standby. The draw needs to be harder to get off, but not worse than Shard of Greed (unless it can work in any Deck i.e. generic).

I Saw the Light is pretty nice for helping to spill your hand out onto the field, but I feel as if the Life Point cost is too high, even in a Deck that focuses on healing. Anyways, it's a nice alternative to Valhalla in that you don't need an empty frontrow for it, and it doesn't fail to resolve if destroyed, but for the most part Valhalla will probably be better because you can Special Summon Fairies that aren't part of the archetype with it, most notably Archlord Kristya.

Nursery is much akin to the tons and tons of anti-effect damage cards that exist, and won't be that useful because not many Decks inflict damage via effects. It doesn't really offer anything specific for this Deck at all.

Ride to Heaven makes you run the less consistent Ritual version of this Deck, and while being extra Manju is nice, paying half of your Life Points is definitely too much for this. It also doesn't work on your Ritual Spells because their names don't have "Absolute Light" in them, so they're not part of the archetype. But like I mentioned, the Ritual aspect of this archetype is just really unrelated to what you'll probably want the archetype to do, and so it's not needed.

Shhh is Cold Wave, only for three whole turns. Shutting off a part of the game, especially Spells, is a major no-no. Cold Wave and Shock Bastard only did this for one turn, and they're banned with little to no chance of return. This needs a major overhaul too.

Light on Time is unnecessarily confusing, but still potent for counting anything that targets one of your monsters. Three turns should be enough time for you to either lose that monster some other way or use it as a material monster. You could make it negate the effect outright, but that would hurt the flavor.

Like Night and Day has a major problem by relying on your opponent running DARK monsters in order to work. Even then, it just bumps a monster's ATK up, albeit by a lot, for a turn. It's a situational but cheaper version of Rising Energy. It would be better if it weren't so situational, and in return you can reduce the ATK boost by a bit. 1000 makes it equal to Ego Boost, so you might want to toss in some other minor effect that happens as well.

Stone of Absolute Light is essentially Michizure, but even more specific. If you make it where it doesn't matter how the monster is destroyed (or even able to activate if the monster is removed from the field by any card effect), and change the wording to "If... you can" so it can't miss timing, it would be better but still really eh.

As an anti-archetype card, Light Prisoner is a really eh. Light-Imprisoning Mirror would do the job better. This doesn't feel very necessary at all.

As for the entire archetype, all it seems to do is heal. There are a few other random effects tossed into there, but it isn't enough for the archetype to work as a Deck at all. It needs a way to easily get enough monsters onto the field for an Extra Deck Summon, more than "once every now and then," and offensive effects that can let the archetype do something other than be a healbot. Life Point gain should not be the only thing this archetype can do remotely well.

First of all, I would make the summoning requirement about 25 or so monsters. Basically, you'd have to sacrifice every monster you have to summon it. Then I would build the entire archetype on discarding your monsters to the graveyard so that you can go through your deck as quickly as possible to summon this monster. The problem now is, after that much sacrifice, the monster in it's current state isn't powerful enough. I'd give it spell/trap protection, so that its only weakness is pretty much monster effects. After all, it's going to basically be your last monster in your deck. But with that, you can't have the gain 4000 life points. Instead, I would make it so that you have to pay 4000 life points, or some really high cost like that.

Dude there is Sephylon, The Ultimate Timelord which is a 4000ATK 10 monsters in grave + he can bring back 1 more 4000 ATK with the requirement of being fairy.. i don't know but i think what you are suggesting will make the card useless... pay 4000 LP and have 25 monsters in grave is a bit too much.. imo always...

Dude there is Sephylon, The Ultimate Timelord which is a 4000ATK 10 monsters in grave + he can bring back 1 more 4000 ATK with the requirement of being fairy.. i don't know but i think what you are suggesting will make the card useless... pay 4000 LP and have 25 monsters in grave is a bit too much.. imo always...

That card has no spell/trap protection though. I think that I forgot to mention this in my original post, but the card would be unaffected by spell/trap effects. And just becasue it is an existing card, doesn't mean it isn't overpowered. I personally think a lot of the existing archetypes are bull, that's why I generally aim for interesting archetypes and cards rather than really strong ones. I think sacrifcing your entire deck for a really strong monster is interesting, especially if it's in a self mill way. Maybe not have the -4000 life points.

That card has no spell/trap protection though. I think that I forgot to mention this in my original post, but the card would be unaffected by spell/trap effects. And just becasue it is an existing card, doesn't mean it isn't overpowered. I personally think a lot of the existing archetypes are bull, that's why I generally aim for interesting archetypes and cards rather than really strong ones. I think sacrifcing your entire deck for a really strong monster is interesting, especially if it's in a self mill way. Maybe not have the -4000 life points.

Interesting =/= not strong. To me, Necloths are really interesting and cool because omg Ritual stuff. Shaddolls could be interesting to people because Fusion stuff.

And Sephiron isn't broken, but it may be a little stupid due to theoretically being a 1-card eventual OTK. It takes a while to get 10 monsters into the Grave. You could run milling stuff, but that always has the chance of accidentally ditching Sephiron. Plus, Lightsworns don't really have any other Level 8+ Fairies they can just toss into the Deck without them being dead as well, the closest being Master Hyperion, but that requires a weird Agent-Lightsworn-hybrid which probably takes up too much space. Besides, why would they run Sephiron when they could just run Judgment Dragon, which requires much less Graveyard setup and is eons more powerful?

Spell/Trap immunity is really nice, but it doesn't mean you need to pay 4000 Life Points along with banishing 25 monsters from your Graveyard just to Summon. Monster-based removal is abundant in quite a lot of Decks. Hell, nothing short of an alt-win card should need you to banish 25 monsters from your Graveyard. (HINT: Don't actually do this, it won't turn out to be interactive at all.)

Interesting =/= strong. To me, Necloths are really interesting and cool because omg Ritual stuff. Shaddolls could be interesting to people because Fusion stuff.

And Sephiron isn't broken, but it may be a little stupid due to theoretically being a 1-card eventual OTK. It takes a while to get 10 monsters into the Grave. You could run milling stuff, but that always has the chance of accidentally ditching Sephiron. Plus, Lightsworns don't really have any other Level 8+ Fairies they can just toss into the Deck without them being dead as well, the closest being Master Hyperion, but that requires a weird Agent-Lightsworn-hybrid which probably takes up too much space. Besides, why would they run Sephiron when they could just run Judgment Dragon, which requires much less Graveyard setup and is eons more powerful?

Spell/Trap immunity is really nice, but it doesn't mean you need to pay 4000 Life Points along with banishing 25 monsters from your Graveyard just to Summon. Monster-based removal is abundant in quite a lot of Decks. Hell, nothing short of an alt-win card should need you to banish 25 monsters from your Graveyard. (HINT: Don't actually do this, it won't turn out to be interactive at all.)

I don't aim for cards I create to me strong, I aim for them to be fun and interesting. Obviously I don't want them to be useless, but I think it's kind of lame to try to create the best archetype possible. Most archetypes In yugioh aren't even close to being meta or strong, so I don't think it's really necessary to try to create a meta deck every single time. I'd rather they have fun effets and be fun to use. I like winning in a creative way rather than just beasticking things. My idea for this theoretical archetype would be that the monsters would be kinda useless but they would mill themselves fast and stall a bit, and the rest of the deck would be centered around stalling until you mill those monsters, so that you can summon that monster. It probably wouldn't be the best deck, but it would be fun to use.

Also I agree, getting rid of the -4000 is necessary. Also 20 monsters would probably be better.

I don't aim for cards I create to me strong, I aim for them to be fun and interesting. Obviously I don't want them to be useless, but I think it's kind of lame to try to create the best archetype possible. Most archetypes In yugioh aren't even close to being meta or strong, so I don't think it's really necessary to try to create a meta deck every single time. I'd rather they have fun effets and be fun to use. I like winning in a creative way rather than just beasticking things. My idea for this theoretical archetype would be that the monsters would be kinda useless but they would mill themselves fast and stall a bit, and the rest of the deck would be centered around stalling until you mill those monsters, so that you can summon that monster. It probably wouldn't be the best deck, but it would be fun to use.

Also I agree, getting rid of the -4000 is necessary. Also 20 monsters would probably be better.

Nothing short of a major overhaul of this Deck's speed and consistency would make this close to meta. Right now, they're probably as fast as Bujins (doesn't Special Summon much). Attempting to stall forever to dump monsters into the Grave for a 40 ATK/DEF monster immune to Spells/Traps might be fun to play with a few times, but they would play out really boring to whoever is against them. This tends to happen with any stall Deck ever. The idea is also really similar to Lightsworns (outside of Lumina, Lightsworns before their new support that came out recently did nothing special, so so much for that idea), but much slower-oriented and their boss needing to banish monsters (as opposed to JD simply needing them there), and tons more.

Needing 10 banishes for it would be fine balance-wise, but wonky design-wise for being a free sling-from-hand card (in design, upping the banish cost does not fix this. It will forever be a rather-free sling-from-hand card if it banishes from the Grave for its Summon), so that's why I suggested a less-than-Montage Dragon discard cost. 20 is still too much. 15 will be too. I mean, we have [url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Decay]this[/url], and Zombies didn't suddenly get bumped up to crazy-meta levels. Yes, it can be Summoned by Pyramid Turtle. By Mezuki. Book of Life too. All that jazz.

Following your idea would make the Deck about as super-casual as it already is. You don't have to try to get an archetype at meta-level, but the power of the Deck is still relevant to determining how fun it would be to play with the Deck. For example, I could take some Deck out of Tagforce 1, modify it slightly to make it adhere to the current banlist, and it would be loads less fun because it would lose to EVERYTHING. It's fine if this Deck can heal by a lot and still have the speed to toss out a monster from the Extra Deck every turn or two. What isn't fine is if the Deck can heal a lot, but can't do anything else before the sun goes red giant and eats planets. It would suck losing all the time, and it would be a bore beating down 10k+ Life Points with no real resistance whatsoever.

Nothing short of a major overhaul of this Deck's speed and consistency would make this close to meta

Um yeah, it's not supposed to be meta, I established that. Why does a deck have to be meta? That's really boring.

Attempting to stall forever to dump monsters into the Grave for a 40 ATK/DEF monster immune to Spells/Traps might be fun to play with a few times, but they would play out really boring to whoever is against them.

You're having this idea that it would take forever yet you don't even know what the rest of the monsters effects would be.

uFKLYR8.jpg

If you have a lot of these type of monsters, as well as some stall cards, this can work (keep in mind that not every card would have this effect either). It wouldn't be the best but it wouldn't be useless.

The idea is also really similar to Lightsworns

Except A. The monster is more powerful, and B. It's stall related. Lightsworn has effects based on them being milled, this is just trying to mill through cards as fast as possible and then stall until getting the boss monster.

I mean, we have this, and Zombies didn't suddenly get bumped up to crazy-meta levels

No spell/trap protection. One Sakuretsu and it's dead. It's not worth it.

but the power of the Deck is still relevant to determining how fun it would be to play with the Deck

I disagree with that. I don't like playing with really powerful decks, it feels really boring to me. I've said this before I think but my favorite archetype is Gorgonic. I had a chronomaly x gorgonic deck that didn't win a lot, but I enjoyed playing it.

It would suck losing all the time, and it would be a bore beating down 10k+ Life Points with no real resistance whatsoever.

I agree, and it's a tought balance. I personally would've gotten rid of the life gain in this deck, that's unecessary.

Um yeah, it's not supposed to be meta, I established that. Why does a deck have to be meta? That's really boring.

It doesn't. I said that it would need a major overhaul to become meta. This Deck doesn't need to be meta, but even for it to be casual it would need to be improved a lot anyways.

You're having this idea that it would take forever yet you don't even know what the rest of the monsters effects would be.
uFKLYR8.jpg
If you have a lot of these type of monsters, as well as some stall cards, this can work (keep in mind that not every card would have this effect either). It wouldn't be the best but it wouldn't be useless.

So, three out of like 20. Yeah, that's a little over one seventh of the way there. Plus, stall cards, boring, that stuff. And you're also trying to get rid of the OP's intended gimmick. The OP wanted an archetype that healed. I'd also mention something about how this card is Foolish Burial x2 when Foolish Burial is Limited and stuff, but that seems more like an oversight.

Except A. The monster is more powerful, and B. It's stall related. Lightsworn has effects based on them being milled, this is just trying to mill through cards as fast as possible and then stall until getting the boss monster.

Spell/Trap immunity just means your opponent needs to 101/Castel it. JD can wipe out the field and then swing for 3k, and that's ignoring the possibility of there being other JDs in your hand. Only three Lightsworns have effects that activate when they get milled, and even then they aren't the central point of Lightsworns even barring JD.

No spell/trap protection. One Sakuretsu and it's dead. It's not worth it.

The thing with Endless is that it's really easy to toss onto the field, and early-game it has tons of ATK. It's not worth it because Pyramid Turtle isn't always going to die by battle, and by being Level 5 you can't just Normal Summon it and would need Zombie Master/Foolish to dump it before it could even do anything otherwise. LOTS of monsters don't have Spell/Trap protection, and they're still good. Like Shaddoll Construct. It dies to Sakuretsu, but it's still good in its Deck (and its Deck is good, despite only one of their monsters actually being immune to Sakuretsu due to an anti-destruction clause). In contrast, Bujins, who can apply counters to Sakuretsu for any of their Beast-Warriors by dumping Hare/Turtle in the Grave aren't as good as Shaddolls. Losing to backrow doesn't automatically make things bad.

I disagree with that. I don't like playing with really powerful decks, it feels really boring to me. I've said this before I think but my favorite archetype is Gorgonic. I had a chronomaly x gorgonic deck that didn't win a lot, but I enjoyed playing it.

Except that one actually won some of the time. A stall Deck that would need to get 20 monsters in the Grave would still take a really long time to get their Grave set up unless they get to mill like 5 of their monsters at a time (which is a crazy amount) would take forever before they can even do anything offensively. The game's speed is much faster than it was before, so really the only way to get 20 into your Grave at a reasonable rate if you can't do anything offensively to your opponent before than would be if this archetype were all Reptiles and they got their own Snake Rain in addition to the actual one, then have it be a little mill-heavy.

Even if they could do it fast, 20 monsters is a lot. They could only Summon that boss one time per duel. If they have no offensive capabilities whatsoever outside of that one boss, what happens when your opponent turns it into Shark Knight's Xyz Material?

I agree, and it's a tought balance. I personally would've gotten rid of the life gain in this deck, that's unecessary.

But the Life Gain is what the OP wants, and it's not too unreasonable to have an archetype that can heal. What I'm saying is that an archetype that stalls and/or heals is boring to play against, including what you're suggesting. What I'm trying to mold it into is a Deck that can function well enough on its own by having its little plays, maybe like how Heraldic Beasts have Amphisbaena and a Monster Reborn, though probably nothing stupid like how they can toss #18 onto the board from the Grave over and over or Advanced Heraldry Art. By being able to make plays that threaten the opponent, the Deck becomes more interactive, and thus more fun to play against (and probably more fun to play with too). The healing can still exist in there to delay defeat by a turn or so or just to fuel Instant Fusion/Soul Charge, but but healing should not be the only thing it does well.

Archived