While banished...

arkaeldarknnes

Question

I've been working on a couple of cards that I wanted to have continuous effects while banished, but I can't find any official cards or rulings that I can use as reference.

Some rough examples of what I would do is:

"Once per turn, while this card is banished: Special summon a monster"

"While this card is face-up in your banished zone; every monster on your side of the field gains 500 atk"

How it should be written?

While this card is banished:
While this card is (face-up) in your banished zone

Or it should have a different structure?

Hope you can help me :D

7 answers to this question

"Once per turn, if this card is banished: Special Summon 1 monster (from [location] here)"

Unless otherwise stated, banished cards are face-up.

That should probably cover it; hopefully Zazu updates his guide with something of this sort. There really isn't a specific name for where banished cards go, however.

"Once per turn, if this card is banished: Special Summon 1 monster (from [location] here)"

Unless otherwise stated, banished cards are face-up.

That should probably cover it; hopefully Zazu updates his guide with something of this sort. There really isn't a specific name for where banished cards go, however.

The problem I see with that structure, is that "if this card is banished" is used for triggered effects. Similar to "when this card is sent to the graveyard". I needed something like "as long as this card is banished" but I don't know if it is valid yet, since "as long as..." effects are outdated.

So, for continuous effects, "while this card is banished" should be the best option? Thank you! :D

Also, continuous effects like that boosting ATK example don't have colons or semi-colons in them. That'd make them "activate" at some point to happen if they had those.

Sakura and Noel pretty much said everything =0

Archived