Waruyama, Fiend of Burning Vengeance

Destra

Waruyama is a monster that drastically changes the pace of the duel once it is summoned. Your opponents will cower in fear IF it is summoned at the right time. This monster is EXTREMELY risky to use because you lose the duel if it gets destroyed by battle, or by its own effect. Opinions?

Can't be DIVINE or a Divine Beast. Those aren't allowed in realistic cards. This is a really bad card. Banishing 30 cards from your graveyard and your entire field? That is a heavy cost that I'm not sure is ever a good idea. Yeah it can't be negated and isn't affected by other card effects, but that doesn't mean much. Well if the difference is really big, then that might be decent...but if it is a lesser difference then this is a crappy card. It deals piercing damage...and that is literally the only upside. But if you attack an opponent's monster with a higher DEF than this card's ATK you take some damage...oh wait, no, you lose for doing that. I would say this card requires a deck to be built around it, but it will still be a dead draw and even in that kind of deck I'd bet there would be a dozen better options for an ace card.

I imagine that if this card were to be released as an official TCG card, it would be paired frequently with The Winged Dragon of Ra because of the synergy between the 2 cards. Ra can lower your Life Points to 100 before summoning Waruyama, and Waruyama can prevent effect damage done to your Life Points and the two monsters can attack with ridiculous power. Waruyama can have almost 9000ATK using this method.

"This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by banishing 20 or more cards from your graveyard while your opponent has more Life Points than you. This card's summon cannot be negated. This card is unaffected by the effects of other cards. Ignore the effects of any monster that this card battles with. This card's attack cannot be negated. This card's original ATK equals your opponent's Life Points - your Life Points + 1000 when summoned. Once per turn, if an opponent's card effect deals damage to your Life Points, you may negate it and increase this card's ATK by the same amount. If this card attacks a defense-position monster, inflict piercing damage to your opponent. If that monster's DEF is higher than the ATK of this card, destroy this card."

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you might also want to add the card text "This card can not be tributed" considering "The Monarchs Storm Forth" does not affect this card but would allow your opponent to tribute it. That said, this card seems pretty unusable since even if you manage to get 30 cards on your field/graveyard it would likely be pretty late in the game, even if you use a stall deck.

Aside from the ludicrous cost this card is a decent idea but also causes you an instant loss against a few common cards, such as "Honest". This card may not be affected by cards your opponent controls, but they can affect other cards they control and defeat this card. With that said and for that reason I argue that this card is bad, not trying to be negative, but there are some criticisms here.

1: Ludicrous cost

2: Instant loss condition (Technically its not an instant loss, however there are a few decks that can deal damage to your life points more than once per turn (effects + direct attacks).

These types of "instant/sortof loss conditions" usually don't end up well. Consider the Winged Dragon of Ra you talked about, WDR is considerably worse than the other 2 God Cards just because of its near-instant loss condition.

3: Common cards being weakness: I'm not saying to try and make the most powerful card ever, but take into consideration when you make cards like this that when you combine their power with their cost they are sometimes more of a burden. (if you even manage to draw this card... oh hey, you can use my "This is my Trump Card" XD, sry... shameless self promotion)

With all of the above, good card idea though, nice and 10 blocks away from mainstream, I like it!

However, I have 2 lists of my favorite cards. My list of my favorite cards, and my list of my favorite "usable" cards.

While this type of card is a card I like, I can not say it looks like a "usable" card I like.

Large paragraph of card text makes this card look really cluttered. Let's try to tidy it up a little.

This card Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 20 or more cards from your Graveyard while your opponent has more LP than you. This card's Summon cannot be negated. This card is unaffected by the effects of other card effects. Ignore the effects of any monster that When this card battles with an opponent's monster, negate that monster's effects until the end of the Damage Step. This card's attack cannot be negated. This card's original ATK equals your opponent's Life Points - your Life Points + 1000 the LP deficit when this card is Summoned, plus 1000. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if an opponent's card effect deals would inflict effect damage to your Life Points: You may negate it can activate this effect: reduce the damage you take from that effect to 0, and increase this card's ATK by the same amount you would have taken. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If that monster's DEF is higher than the ATK of this card, destroy this card.

Okay, it's still terribly wordy, only because you've pasted on so many effects onto it. To summarize, we have:

• The Summoning conditions (which, by the way, makes this a semi-Nomi)
  • Summon protection
  • Self-protection once it has been successfully Summoned
  • Effect negation in battle
  • ATK-determining condition
  • Effect damage prevention
  • Piercing
  • Highly unlikely self-destruction

This card's doing a ridiculous amount of things, it almost feels like nearly every other "I win and you can't do anything about it" card that's been knocked into Experimental/Joke Cards.

For starters, this card's self-destruction effect is very, very unlikely to trigger due to how high its ATK can reach when you're in a position to Summon it. The battle effect negation is also nearly moot when paired with its immunity to anything else and the fact that it can continuously pierce through battle-immune walls. These two effects can be safely removed without changing the impact this card has.

Blanket immunity, paired with Summon protection, is a very powerful combo, and perhaps it's to justify the ridiculously high cost required to Summon it. But needing half your Deck in the Graveyard? That's quite the ridiculous cost, even for most Decks that self-mill like crazy. I would suggest both reducing the cost slightly and removing one of the self-protection effects so that it becomes marginally more playable.

Archived