The Command Tower (EDH Hangout)

bury the year

EH prossh is to me one of the sackiest commanders ever. You hace to do so little to break it...D: anyways as muchos as i can tell my friends prossh plays trying to ramp into prossh as soon as posible, using signets, and varios other stuff...doubling season, parallel lives, primal vigor., goblin sharpshooter, avenger of zendikar, cratehoof behemoth are among the sweet stuff you can do to end games. Also good stuff like viscera ser, reaper of the wilds, mmm Hornets queen?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do own Spelljack, in fact. I've played with the three counterspells that Wanderer can run (Desertion, Spelljack and Cryptic Command), and I decided to settle with just Desertion. The problem of Spelljack is that it's triple blue and six mana, and I already run too many heavy mana cards due to the nature of the cascade mechanic.

As for Prossh, the Doubling Season cards are in my Rhys deck (which needs more help than Prossh for being a weaker commander and deck in general), but I do own Primal Vigor which isn't in any of my current decks, but that's because I'm not a fan of symmetrical effects... which is also why I don't run Pandemonium.

Are you 1 of those dickish player that want fun only for themselves Rod?

That's such a shame...D:

Not really, but giving my opponents a chance to easily win the game because of a card I played is not my style.

I'm not a fan of those chaotic Zedruu decks either.

Yeah I know, I stopped playing Zedruu coz making your opponent get bored and enraged was not the best win condition in the world to be honest.

Anyways, don't be afraid of simmetrical effects, they are pretty healty to the game.

And most of the time you can preserve them for when you are ready to alpha strike yourselves so opponent's can't take that much of anadvantage of it...you know.

EDIT: Oh on a side note...I noticed you are not running the Clamps maybe you can get 1 in there...and a Beastmaster's Ascencion

Yeah I know, I stopped playing Zedruu coz making your opponent get bored and enraged was not the best win condition in the world to be honest.

Anyways, don't be afraid of simmetrical effects, they are pretty healty to the game.

And most of the time you can preserve them for when you are ready to alpha strike yourselves so opponent's can't take that much of anadvantage of it...you know.

EDIT: Oh on a side note...I noticed you are not running the Clamps maybe you can get 1 in there...and a Beastmaster's Ascencion

Beastmaster Ascension is a fine suggestion... but Skullclamp I own only one, it's in the Rhys deck. It needs more draw power than Prossh so I left it there. And I don't like to keep re-sleeving cards :c

That would be true if I lived in the USA. Here, card prices are different. We usually follow SCG prices (in our case, it's SCG x2.5 since the dollar is worth 2.5 times our currency), but specific cards that are very sought after usually are more expensive than that, which is the case of Skullclamp. Plus, in my city, they're very difficult to find. Also, the products that aren't in Portuguese (basically everything except boosters and intro packs) are scarce here due to importing taxes, driving the prices even further up.

That would be true if I lived in the USA. Here, card prices are different. We usually follow SCG prices (in our case, it's SCG x2.5 since the dollar is worth 2.5 times our currency), but specific cards that are very sought after usually are more expensive than that, which is the case of Skullclamp. Plus, in my city, they're very difficult to find. Also, the products that aren't in Portuguese (basically everything except boosters and intro packs) are scarce here due to importing taxes, driving the prices even further up.

Right, I forgot you mentioned that. How much is one down there, out of curiosity?

That sucks. Hell, if you guys pay for it and shipping, I'd consider ordering cards for you at US prices and shipping them down. P:

That's where the problem lies.

If we do so, yes, we can get cards for even lower than TCGPlayer mid. But then, at least in my country, this is the procedure:

Price of the card x current dollar price + importing tax + credit card tax + possible mailing tax (if they deem the package to have too much value) + 60 or more days of waiting.

Heck, I know some people that have cards stuck in the mailing system for SIX months.

I personally never tried to buy internationally because the risks and the cost is too high. That's also another reason I chose commander over constructed formats: I'm never in a rush to buy cards, I can wait for the perfect deal.

If we do so, yes, we can get cards for even lower than TCGPlayer mid. But then, at least in my country, this is the procedure:

Price of the card x current dollar price + importing tax + credit card tax + possible mailing tax (if they deem the package to have too much value) + 60 or more days of waiting.

Heck, I know some people that have cards stuck in the mailing system for SIX months.

I personally never tried to buy internationally because the risks and the cost is too high. That's also another reason I chose commander over constructed formats: I'm never in a rush to buy cards, I can wait for the perfect deal.

Same here...I pick whatever I feel I might need when a good oportunity comes...and even then...I don't spend on the heavy cost one either...XD

As an econ student, I really should've thought of that first. I guess I'm lucky: there's a ton of suppliers along the east coast of the US. P:

As an econ student, I really should've thought of that first. I guess I'm lucky: there's a ton of suppliers along the east coast of the US. P:

The US folks got it easy. You guys can find deals much easily. Like, one of my friends (CommanderVolt here in YCM) lives in Maryland and his local shop is charging 140 dollars for all five C14 decks.

I have to pay 120 reais for EACH deck here. Which is around 50 dollars. And that's the cheapest price that can be found.

So, I was looking for a new deck to make, and I found Ephara. She looks really pretty, the art and frame, is in my fave colors, and has a great ability. Once I tried her in a blink deck, but the curve was awkward and messy, so I'll leave that for Roon. For Ephara I was thinking about a more draw-go approach, using her as resource refreshement. Thoughts?

Don't you think you're running too little ramp? I could see the 2-mana ramp spells in your deck working very well. Intet is a 6 mana general that doesn't have haste so I think decks with this kind of commander should have more ramp. Especially because you're running huge spells like Omniscience, Jin, Insurrection, etc

Archived