PNG_PENGUIN

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts
  • Alias:Shard
  • Spouse:Lujan

im looking for new commanders to try, i'll just list my criteria:

• im pretty big on control, so i want access to a lot of boardwipes, counters and card draw.
  • i want a deck that has access to a lot of options for customization and fine tuning. im the type to want to make my commander decks as good as they can possibly be without being outright bullshit to play against.
  • i'd like not to go above 3 colors if possible.
  • commander that doesnt immediately get focused by everyone.

i've considered:

Brago

Merieke Ri Berit

Rubinia Soulsinger

Dragonlord Silumgar

Oloro

Damia

Rashmi

Jhoria

I already have Melek and Niv, as well as Sharuum and Azami. Should give you an idea of decks I like.

Faytlity

Faytlity

Just in advance: No, what I just did does NOT make sense.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Might I reccommend ARJUN, THE SHIFTING FLAME?

Very fun commander that requires you to play with a willingness to improvise, but has plenty of ways you can weaponize crd draw while also putting you firmly in heavy blue most likely, giving you lots of counterspell options. Arjun is also not going to be on people's radar from turn 1 a vast majority of the time. It's great cause you just quietly assemble your combo of choice and then blast them.

You do already have Melek and Niv, so if you con't want to triple dip into Izzet, Roon of the Hidden Realm seems a bit like what you're looking for, or it could be. Mimeoplasm is also a deck that gives you a lot of options while giving you access to black board clearers and blue for counters and draw.

lEIBdrh.png       giphy.gif

MST negates

Me when people ask me to review their cards

Me when people don't review my cards

TOP SECRET: ESPECIALLY FOR ZAI AND YUI

Poc

Poc

Old Fogey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Brago and Jhoria basically play one way. They're pretty linear strategies but there's some room to play around with how your deck is set up.

Merieke, DLS, and Rubinia are all fine, I'd lean toward Rubinia simply because Bant is probably the best shard colors in EDH.

Oloro is boring and no one likes to play against him.

Rashmi and Damia are goodstuff decks. Rashmi is great since UG is honestly the strongest 2 color combo in EDH. Damia is seriously outclassed by Tasigur though. He does everything Damia does but comes out faster and can win the game on the spot.

(៚)

(៚)

Little by little, we advance with each turn.

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,162 posts
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:some shitty waifu

Brago
Merieke Ri Berit
Rubinia Soulsinger
Dragonlord Silumgar
Oloro
Damia
Rashmi
Jhoria

Brago and Jhoria basically play one way. They're pretty linear strategies but there's some room to play around with how your deck is set up.
Merieke, DLS, and Rubinia are all fine, I'd lean toward Rubinia simply because Bant is probably the best shard colors in EDH.
Oloro is boring and no one likes to play against him.
Rashmi and Damia are goodstuff decks. Rashmi is great since UG is honestly the strongest 2 color combo in EDH. Damia is seriously outclassed by Tasigur though. He does everything Damia does but comes out faster and can win the game on the spot.

Yes, but Damia has Steve Argyle art.

tumblr_mkr3nrXIWo1sn5teeo1_500.gif

General Heinous

General Heinous

A candidate for humanity's sake

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • Alias:Kano, Kanokarob

Might I reccommend ARJUN, THE SHIFTING FLAME?

Very fun commander that requires you to play with a willingness to improvise, but has plenty of ways you can weaponize crd draw while also putting you firmly in heavy blue most likely, giving you lots of counterspell options. Arjun is also not going to be on people's radar from turn 1 a vast majority of the time. It's great cause you just quietly assemble your combo of choice and then blast them.

You do already have Melek and Niv, so if you con't want to triple dip into Izzet, Roon of the Hidden Realm seems a bit like what you're looking for, or it could be. Mimeoplasm is also a deck that gives you a lot of options while giving you access to black board clearers and blue for counters and draw.

I'll second Arjun. He's a lot of fun to play and does everything you asked for, though a bit less on the boardwipes. 

Poc

Poc

Old Fogey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Guys, I'm out of ideas for new commanders to play. At this point I've played pretty much every combo, stax and aggro archtype out there. Suggest me some obscure and interesting legends to build around.

(៚)

(៚)

Little by little, we advance with each turn.

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,162 posts
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:some shitty waifu

Guys, I'm out of ideas for new commanders to play. At this point I've played pretty much every combo, stax and aggro archtype out there. Suggest me some obscure and interesting legends to build around.

Charm tribal

tumblr_mkr3nrXIWo1sn5teeo1_500.gif

pappardelle

pappardelle

maybe is a literal bowl of noodles

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,437 posts
  • Alias:Rinne

5C mono-gold tribal. Makes ramping pretty hard, though, considering the only real options are the borderposts and Exploding Borders. ;=;

dAx113Q.gif

edh decks
rashmi, eternities crafter • wild world
gonti, lord of luxury • luxury problems

saskia the unyielding • never catch me (wip)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users