The Command Tower (EDH Hangout)

bury the year

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharuum, but I don't play EDH. The last time I played EDH was with Rod, he knows how long that must be then.

Added.

Aside from swords, what do you guys think would be the best to Voltron up Wydwen, the Biting Gale? Low equip cost is preferable.

Mask of Riddles, Empyrial Plate, Sword of Vengeance?

How much do you guys value curve in EDH? Do you consider it important? Like, I can see it being less significant in decks like Wanderer, Prossh, Borbo etc. since they have 2 steps of the curve (ramp early, fat later) but for decks that don't ramp like mad?

Somewhat so. I always try to keep the 3 CMC slot the most heavily populated in my deck, and not let the average CMC of the deck exceed 4. Outside that, though, if a card's good I throw it in.

That means you playing Ephara without PW Venser, Sun Titan, mmm IDK Other Stuff? XD

with a few oddball bombs

I'll probably end up playing them. Anyways:

[spoiler=WIP]

1 Ephara, God of the Polis

1 Arcane Denial
1 Counterspell
1 Cryptic Command
1 Forbid
1 Hinder
1 Last Word
1 Pact of Negation
1 Render Silent
1 Rewind
1 Spell Crumple
1 Faerie Trickery

1 Aven Mindcensor
1 Hushwing Gryff
1 Restoration Angel
1 Snapcaster Mage
1 Stonecloaker
1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
1 Venser, Shaper Savant
1 Whitemane Lion

1 Faerie Harbinger
1 Mistbind Clique
1 Quickling
1 Vendilion Clique
1 Glen Elendra Archmage
1 Sower of Temptation

[/spoiler]

So, first the permissions suite, then Flash creatures, then a small Faerie package I decided to include for the sake of Mistbind lock, but they synergize with the deck well it seems, with Flash and ETB effects all around.

I honestly don't know...XD
I never really seemed to care about 1 drops creature in commander unless they are either OP, like Deathrites Shaman, Mother of Runes, Serra Ascendent or Synergizes a lot with a theme like Viscera Seer, Soul Warden, Goblin Welder, Or I'm running a Pod Engine.

I guess that the Deck can do with it for being searchable fodder that helps thinning the Deck and also gives you more stuff to play and draw with ephara or something.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-11-14-ephara-edh/

dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuun

I'd suggest Godhead of Awe over Humility? Doesn't shut down your creatures and can help turn on Ephara. (EDIT: Nvm, thought Awe only affected opponents' creatures.)

Also, it's Return to Dust, not Turn to Dust. Ephara can't play green, after all.

Archived