808 replies to this topic

「RINNE」

「RINNE」

went there, came back, got the t-shirt

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts
  • Alias:Rinne

So, full spoilers are out for Ixalan. What're you all eyeing for your decks as upgrades?

https://magic.wizard...-gallery/ixalan

Ephara:

• Additions: Glacial Fortress (upgrading art).
  • Considerations: ---

Edgar:

• Additions: Bishop of RebirthCall to the FeastLegion's LandingMavren Fein, Dusk ApostleSanctum SeekerVona, Butcher of MaganVanquisher's Banner (all great for vampire tribal), Arguel's Blood Fast (card draw!).
  • Considerations: Bloodcrazed Paladin (again, vampires).

Grimgrin:

• Additions: Drowned Catacomb (upgrading art), Deadeye Tracker (grave hate + counters), Herald of Secret Streams (evasion for Grimgrin), Hostage Taker (great removal).
  • Considerations: Thaumatic Compass (helps hit land drops and turns into Maze of Ith).

This set seems awfully light on cards to me, tbh. If I didn't have Edgar I'd be getting a lot fewer cards.

「おいどうすんだよ」「もうどうだっていいや!」

dAx113Q.gif

edh decks • edgar markov • ephara, god of the polis • grimgrin, corpse-born • riku of two reflections • samut, voice of dissent

Poc

Poc

Old Fogey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
I want to make a Dino EDH but I just don't think there's enough worthwhile dinos to make What's his names ability consistent enough. Even with changelings you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for impactful dinosaurs.

~Faytl~

~Faytl~

Just in advance: No, what I just did does NOT make sense.

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

I want to make a Dino EDH but I just don't think there's enough worthwhile dinos to make What's his names ability consistent enough. Even with changelings you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for impactful dinosaurs.

I agree. Now is not the time to build Gishath, the best thing to do is wait till Rivals of Ixalan comes out, since it will add some more much needed Dino's.

giphy.gif

ukBCplv.jpg

The Ruleshark

MST negates

Me when people ask me to review their cards

Me when people don't review my cards

TOP SECRET: ESPECIALLY FOR ZAI AND YUI

Poc

Poc

Old Fogey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
I just picked up a Spanish Angus MacKenzie. I need to build a more casual deck that's not just bant oops I win good stuff. What do?

「RINNE」

「RINNE」

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts

I just picked up a Spanish Angus MacKenzie. I need to build a more casual deck that's not just bant oops I win good stuff. What do?

Enchantress with planeswalker finishers? Don't have any combos in the deck (or if you do, only make it Doubling Season + Jace, Cunning Castaway).

Or are you looking for something more janky?

「おいどうすんだよ」「もうどうだっていいや!」

dAx113Q.gif

edh decks • edgar markov • ephara, god of the polis • grimgrin, corpse-born • riku of two reflections • samut, voice of dissent

Poc

Poc

Old Fogey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
I was thinking enchantress with a light bit of stax. I want enchanted evening+aura thief as my main win. I'd do walkers but I got rid of my doubling seasons.

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,223 posts
It only took 3 weeks, but I finally figured out the new cards I want for my many lists.

Karador: Growing Rites of Itlimoc
Animar: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Tishana, Voice of Thunder
Sedris: Fleet Swallower
Rith: Growing Rites of of Itlimoc
Freyalise: Growing Rites of Itlimoc
Hanna: Thaumatic Compass, Search for Azcanta, Overflowing Insight
Grenzo: Unclaimed Territory, Vanquisher’s Banner, Dowsing Dagger
Iroas: Captain Lannery Storm, Dowsing Dagger
Sliver Overlord: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Unclaimed Territory
Ezuri: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Tishana, Voice of Thunder
Gitrog: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Thaumatic Compass
Kozilek: Conqueror's Galleon, Dowsing Dagger
Kemba: Dowsing Dagger
Phenax: Fleet Swallower, Overflowing Insight
Atraxa: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Herald of Secret Streams, Vraska, Relic Seeker
Wort: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Primal Amulet
Talrand: River’s Rebuke, Primal Amulet, Search for Azcanta
Prossh: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Unclaimed Territory

Sharuum: No Change
Sidisi: No Change
Sigarda: No Change

tl;dr I need a ton of Growing Rites of Itlimoc. I fear for the day when I own all the decks since full upgrades are going to be expensive. Though I don't think it will be that bad.

Regardless, ON TO EDGAR!!!
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpgvqhz4l.jpg
charizard-megay.gifNw_Easter_Event9.png006-m.png

「RINNE」

「RINNE」

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts

Ezuri: Growing Rites of Itlimoc, Tishana, Voice of Thunder

Surprised you don't have Herald of Secret Streams in there: he seems like a slam dunk for UG!Ezuri.

「おいどうすんだよ」「もうどうだっていいや!」

dAx113Q.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,223 posts

Surprised you don't have Herald of Secret Streams in there: he seems like a slam dunk for UG!Ezuri.

I did consider him, but the deck doesn't go wide with counters in the way Atraxa does. My thought process was that between Craterhoof, Champion of Lambholt, and random evasive creatures in the deck already if I want to swing in with giant evasive creatures I already have ways to do that. I can be wrong in this matter though.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpgvqhz4l.jpg
charizard-megay.gifNw_Easter_Event9.png006-m.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users