Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Command Tower (EDH Hangout)

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
846 replies to this topic

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,952 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:25 AM

And deck looks good for a start. Considered Sidar Kondo at all in the 99? Or Opal-Eye?

I'm not a fan of Kondo and I'm playing Levitation over him currently. I trade dying to less stuff for not giving random utility creatures my opponents have fake flying. I prefer Levitation honestly, and I'm not even sure how good that is. Opal-Eye is an interesting though I'm not sure how useful it is. The body is pretty mediocre vs. other stuff I could play and stopping damage once or twice isn't going to accomplish much I don't think.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

(Mizzet)

(Mizzet)

Firemind

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,345 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon

I used a hypergeometric calculator, and with the amount of lands I have in my deck, it's about only a 11% chance to whiff. So I think I'll be fine.

And deck looks good for a start. Considered Sidar Kondo at all in the 99? Or Opal-Eye?

the fact that wood elves can grab stomping ground/cinder glade/whatever they named the RG cycle land gives it a ton of utility, and with the former 2 they can come in untapped, accelerating early game and making up for lost tempo later.

Now, I admittedly don't know your list, so you might already have wood elves, but if not, the card is dirt cheap, man.

bury the year

bury the year

reach heaven through violence

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,626 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:04 AM
  • Alias:Rinne

the fact that wood elves can grab stomping ground/cinder glade/whatever they named the RG cycle land gives it a ton of utility, and with the former 2 they can come in untapped, accelerating early game and making up for lost tempo later.

Now, I admittedly don't know your list, so you might already have wood elves, but if not, the card is dirt cheap, man.

It's also that I just have an absurd compulsion to try new cards over old, lol.

Wood Elves will probably stay in in the long run, tbh. Just want to test this out.

dAx113Q.gif

decathlon challenge (4/10)

ephara, god of the polis {wip} • (dimir)(rakdos)(gruul)emmara, soul of the accord

(orzhov)(golgari) • tatyova, benthic druid {wip} • (izzet) • anax and cymede {wip}

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,626 posts

Commander 2018 is here! That said, it's time for my perennial question: what do y'all plan on adding?

Ephara: Loyal Drake.

Hallar: Forge of Heroes; Fury Storm; Loyal Guardian.

Regna/Krav: Loyal Unicorn; Night Incarnate.

Tuvasa (new deck!): Just the precon to begin with.

Longterm holds and considerations: Aminatou, the Fateshifter; Endless Atlas; Gyrus, the Corpse Waker; Isolated Watchtower; Treasure Nabber; Varina, Lich Queen; Windgrace's Judgment.

Overall, my thoughts are mixed on the new decks. The power level seems to have taken a nosedive compared to previous years: there aren't any really exciting reprints, and the new cards are cool but they all fill rather specific niches. Tuvasa is the one commander I'm excited to build immediately, but that's because a. I love merfolk, and b. I've wanted a Bantchantress commander since almost literally forever. Were I to build another from the set, it'd probably be Izzet artifacts, but I can't decide between one of Saheeli/Tawnos/Jhoira.

dAx113Q.gif

ephara, god of the polis {wip} • (dimir)(rakdos)(gruul)emmara, soul of the accord

(orzhov)(golgari) • tatyova, benthic druid {wip} • (izzet) • anax and cymede {wip}

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,952 posts
I actually really love almost all the new commander options we got from 2018. The only one I can't see doing something cool is the Spider, and even then I've seen people that like it. I'm not sure how the power level of the decks themselves compare to past commander decks, but the reprints were certainly a let down.

As for new cards.

Karador: Night Incarnate

Animar: Whiptongue Hydra and Arixmethes and Slumbering Isle

Freyalise: Forge of Heroes

Hanna: Estrid's Invocation

Kemba: Heavenly Blademaster and Endless Atlas

Kozilek: Ancient Stone Idol and Geode Golem

Talrand: Endless Atlas

Pross: Nesting Dragon

Edger: Bloodtracker
cZx2XQg.png

bury the year

bury the year

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • 9,626 posts

Yadda yadda, you know what's coming. Guilds of Ravnica updates, ahoy!

Ephara:

• Dream Eater

Hallar:

• Beast Whisperer
  • Risk Factor
  • Gravitic Punch

Tuvasa:

• Conclave Tribunal
  • Sumala Woodshaper
  • Temple Garden (only for the new art)

Sidisi:

• Assassin's Trophy
  • Discovery // Dispersal
  • Doom Whisperer
  • Find // Finality
  • Izoni, Thousand-Eyed
  • Mausoleum Secrets
  • Plaguecrafter
  • Underrealm Lich

Toolbox:

• Other shocklands and Chromatic Lantern
  • Mission Briefing
  • Niv-Mizzet, Parun
  • Thousand-Year Storm
  • Expansion // Explosion
  • Invert // Invent

Overall: not a ton of cards that slot into my existing decks, but Im really tempted to now make an Izzet spellslinger deck with the new Niv-Mizzet, and maybe a Muldrotha deck to abuse all those new Golgari and Dimir graveyard payoffs. Too bad jump-start ended up being really anemic, though: hardly any cards printed with the mechanic, and only 1-2 of them look remotely playable.

dAx113Q.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,952 posts
The more I think about it the more I'm like, man I'd LOVE to build a Muldrotha deck. But I already have Karador and the two decks would be WAY to similar. Not helped that it would also run into a number of common points with Sedris too. Anyway, figured out what cards interest me for my various commander decks.

Karador: Doom Whisperer; Mausoleum Secrets; Assassin's Trophy; Underrealm Lich; Vraska, Golgari Queen

Animar: Dream Eater; Beast Whisper

Sedris: Dream Eater; Doom Whisperer; Mausoleum Secrets; Niv-Mizzet, Parun

Rith: Divine Visitation; Camaraderie; March of the Multitudes

Sharuum: Dream Eater; Doom Whisperer

Freyalise: Beast Whisperer

Grenzo: Legion Warboss

Iroas: Chance for Glory; Response // Resurgence

Sliver Overlord: Assassin's Trophy

Ezuri: Beast Whisperer

Gitrog: Doom Whisperer; Assassin's Trophy; Underrealm Lich; Vraska, Golgari Queen

Kemba: Divine Visitation

Sidisi: Midnight Reaper

Talrand: Mission Briefing

Prossh: Assassin's Trophy; Vraska, Golgari Queen

Arcades: Portcullis Vine

Nothing

Hanna
Kozilek
Phenax
Atraxa
Sigarada
Wort
Edgar

Biggest winners were the graveyard decks. Kind of surprised so many decks got nothing though, especially since two of them are in supported guilds.
cZx2XQg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users