The Command Tower (EDH Hangout)

bury the year

Got my Adun in the mail! He's glorious. (:

BTW
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-11-14-intet-edh/

Once again? Opinions? Suggestions? Anything

From my experience playtesting another variant of Intet and watching my friend play Rith, the Dominaria dragons all tread a fine line, particularly Intet. There are a lot of little factors that need to be tuned in order to get max value out of her (giving her haste, avoiding removal, topdeck manipulation, ramp to cast things normally), which means you have to balance cards that mitigate these factors versus actual goodstuff to cast with her ability. I'd encourage you to put more low-cost ramp in, like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach. I found that if Intet was destroyed 2 times, she rarely was worth the 10 mana to cast again. You'll want to be able to work around that.

So, I was looking for a new deck to make, and I found Ephara. She looks really pretty, the art and frame, is in my fave colors, and has a great ability. Once I tried her in a blink deck, but the curve was awkward and messy, so I'll leave that for Roon. For Ephara I was thinking about a more draw-go approach, using her as resource refreshement. Thoughts?

I personally like Ephara over Roon. Roon tends to end up being a mishmash of Bant ETB goodstuff, which while not bad is usually pretty repetitive to play with and against. Ephara is a. hard to remove and b. a steady source of card advantage, which lends herself to a nice grindy control style. Plus, you get to play Saltskitter! That's a creature that should never see play anywhere else, but in Ephara is near required. It's too fun to not. (:

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I was looking for a new deck to make, and I found Ephara. She looks really pretty, the art and frame, is in my fave colors, and has a great ability. Once I tried her in a blink deck, but the curve was awkward and messy, so I'll leave that for Roon. For Ephara I was thinking about a more draw-go approach, using her as resource refreshement. Thoughts?

I heard good stuff of Ephara as a Caw Blade esque Deck

I'm trying to figure out what I can do with Both my Karador and Intet ATM...Most of the Usually so called standard builds seem good but rarely workable in my wierd playgroup...I need to rethink where I wanna direct those 2 into....

Intet's Changelog!:
OUT:
1x Clone (M14)
1x Boundless Realms (M13)
1x Impulse (VIS)
1x Nin, the Pain Artist (CMD)
1x Hull Breach (PLS) SP
1x Journey of Discovery (MRD) SP
IN:
1x Dack's Duplicate [CNS]
1x Farseek [M13] SP
1x Into the Wilds [M14] SP
1x Wood Elves [C14] SP
1x Ranger's Path [M13] SP
1x Fires of Yavimaya

Ok, i would like to make a note on zedruu, since a friend of mine runs it.
Zedruu is not nice.
Zedruu does not want to make friends.
Zedruu does not want to give other players a chance to have fun

Zedruu is a douche
Zedruu wants to make the table its bitch
Zedruu wants to give other players illusions of grandeur, then blink ith with David tennant and redonate it.

Basically, it uses a ton of enchantment based control to halt the game, and typically win off comboes such as Purphoros+Assemble the legion

Don't underestimate zedruu.

It was fun becuase I built it with No Win Conditions at all, except maybe "Thieves Auction"...It was a hug Deck with no pillowfort, so eveyone could basically kick me out the game whenever they please with all the resources I lended them...except most of the time they didn't coz...I knew how to look like a generous dude...

XD

It was fun becuase I built it with No Win Conditions at all, except maybe "Thieves Auction"...It was a hug Deck with no pillowfort, so eveyone could basically kick me out the game whenever they please with all the resources I lended them...except most of the time they didn't coz...I knew how to look like a generous dude...

XD

Goes to show that the pilot of the deck can be awesome too huh :3

Whatever.

-.-

Seems I expected too much asking for actual help...

Well, you never asked what kind of wincons you want. The problem with Ephara is that the playstyle she encourages isn't suited to winning through pushing through big creatures. Oftentimes you just have to combo out while setting up protection. Either use some evasive beater like Ætherling, or some strong clone and/or ETB effects (like Diluvian Primordial) combined with flicker. That's all I can say. :/

Archived