Hotel Atlantica [ OOC ]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Frank DiVante]

ZK8Xoy1.jpg?2

"Welcome to Hotel Atlantica. If the view isn't to your satisfaction, be sure to let me know."

[hr]

Name: Frank DiVante
Race: Human
Role: Hotel Landscaper/Gardener/Event setter

[spoiler=Appearance]uNv20y5.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]Frank comes off as the cool type with no care in the world. He's naturally relaxed, has no grudge for anything, and always tries to get to everyone's good side when given the opportunity. However, when isolated with himself and nature, he gets all giddy and clingy. His obsession for nature makes a bittersweet conflict between himself and others when prompted with the right threats. On a lighter note, he has a guilty pleasure of aquiring gossip and telling the plants, given his ability to talk to them. In exchange for what he saw, the plants often tell him their own sightings. As a gardener with the ability to speed up a plant's growth, he takes advantage of the fact that he has no need to pay for food in the hotel, hence why he almost never goes inside the building. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]Frank grew up in the countryside as the son of a farmer. At an early age, he began helping his father with tending to and harvesting in preparation for sale. Soon having the strength to handle the typical duties on his own, his father grew weak from overexertion and became bound to the house, leaving Frank to replace him. After years of the same routine, the trauma of living a life in solitude made him schizophrenic, making him believe the plants had voices and were speaking to him. It wasn't long before he started having conversations with them, but one day he returned to the house and saw his father dead from heart failure. Frank's grief could only be dealt with by letting out his emotions to the crops that he continued to harvest in his father's place, but as a rookie in the sales pitch, the farm was sold to another owner, leaving Frank to find another place to go. Now an adult, he lived in the streets where he started his own stand in the farmer's market, taking advantage of his newly-discovered ability to make plants grow faster. However, he knew it was not enough to make a living, so upon searching for another job, he came across Hotel Atlantica, where he was given employment on the spot, as they needed someone to make the landscape look nice.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]Plant Communication: While many would call it schizophrenia, Frank's ability to talk to plants and nature comes as more of an empathetic perspective rather than a psycological disorder. When prompted to prove that it isn't the latter, what the plants say are truthful and real.

Rapid Growth: Frank also has the ability to make plants grow faster. This makes any job request a piece of cake and often grants respect from the guests. He also uses this ability to his advantage for when he wants to eat, making it unnecessary to go inside the hotel.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Daily Routine]Water plants, mow/trim lawn, trim bushes, sweep pathways, eat, and usually lounge in a tree until summoned for special requests.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

He's going to show up when its most useful for plot stuff/I feel like i have time to post actively.

[spoiler= Kai Alecsavra]

kaitolos_headshot_2.png

"Just tell me what I can do to help, alright?"

Name: Kaitolos Alecsavra "Just call me Kai, its easier that way."
Age: "I don't actually know anymore, to be perfectly honest with you. I'm just gonna ballpark it at around 2300"
Race: Force Dragon
Role: Guest "I'm here to help though, so if you need anything let me know."
[spoiler=Appearance]Kaitolos_1.png

"I used to dress like a bum, haha."

Above is Kai's human form during the events of Earth's second dragon war. Since then he hasn't changed all that much. Though noticeably older (he now appears to be in his early 20's) he's still just as tall and lanky as he used to be. He's in much better shape now than back then though thanks to his more healthy habits and regular exercise. He's well toned now, too, and seems to have grown into his human body as it has matured. His hair is cut a bit shorter now, and its kept nicer than it used to be when he arrived in the 21st century. Its still messy of course, but a more stylish kind of messy rather than a result of Kai not bothering to take care of it. He's also forgone wearing the threadbare sweatshirt he used to sport on earth, and nowadays is normally seen wearing short sleeved polo shirts, or button-downs with a loosely tied tie if he's feeling a bit more formal. In contrast to his time on earth where he used to go out of his way to hide the Sigil tattoos on his forearms (he used to find them embarrassing), Kai now has no qualms about brandishing these magical geometric runes that give him his ability to polymorph, and this extends to his new willingness to go shirtless, in which case one would be able to see the larger Sigil on his back. He's also stopped slouching so much, and walks with a great deal more confidence than he used to. He also still retains a trace of the Brooklyn accent he picked up on Earth, though its much less pronounced now.

[spoiler= Dragon Form for Shiggles]ff12473741f060_full.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]"Man, I used to be a bit of prick, didn't I? I guess I've grown up a lot since then."

Kai's personality has changed quite a bit since the events of the Second Dragon War. Though he's still just as idealistic as he has always been, he's become much more tolerant and laid back, having long since given up on imposing his beliefs on others in favor of focusing on his own altruism. In other words, he's mellowed out quite a lot since then.

Just as chivalrous and good-intentioned as he used to be, Kai still fosters his strong loyalties to his people (both humanoid and draconic, thanks to his ability to polymorph), and especially to the group of dragons and humans that put an end to the Second Dragon War (the cast of the rp Sigil, for those not in the know), who have since that time become like a second family to him. He's always willing to drop what he's doing and aid someone when they need him (provided that he's able to as his new career takes him to many alternate universes), and is usually the first person to offer to lend a had when something needs doing. He's also still quite adept at reading others, and is better than most beings at noticing when something is bothering someone, or if someone is lying to him. The pragmatism he developed during his tenure as a soldier in ancient history hasn't gone away, either, though he's become much more willing to indulge himself and is by and large a lot less uptight about his utilitarianism.

The boisterous personality traits that all members of Kai's subspecies share have also become more prominent since his time on Earth. Kai has since found that he rather enjoys a good party, though his draconic physiology makes it rather difficult to become inebriated. Though his sarcasm and rough, rude New Yorker way of speaking have been tempered by time, Kai still manages to be snarky, and as the proceeding centuries have only sharpened and dried his wit, he's become quite funny  to those whom his sense of humor appeals to. He's still a little argumentative, too, but nowadays he comes off as playful rather than confrontational.

All in all, since his time on Earth Kai has become much less uptight and has become rather accommodating in his interactions with others. He's learned to live and let live while still keeping to his personal philosophy of altruism and self-improvement. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Biography]"I never saw myself becoming an aid worker, much less an inter-dimensional one."

After war's end, Kai stayed on earth for a good century or so, mastering the use of his force dragon abilities in his human form while helping human civilization recover in whatever ways he could. When the ability to magically travel between dimensions was discovered by humanity, Kai began to walk the multiverse, learning all he could, taking in all the wondrous sights, and becoming acquainted with the people of the strange new worlds he encountered. To his dismay however, he found that suffering, injustice, and war were constants throughout existence, and sought ways to help those living in dimensions other than his own, as well. His search led him to join SWORD (Social Workers of Outer Reach Dimensions), an aid organization in many way's similar to 21st century Earth's International Red Cross that sends its employes to dimensions and worlds in need of unbiased, effectual aid. 

Kai absolutely adores his work, and its safe to say that he's found his calling in life. Of course his new career has made it rather difficult for him to make time to see his adopted family (he hasn't seen Ouroboros and Tiamat since Ouroboro's wedding to Leonidas Vi Leviathan, and it's been longer since he's seen some of the others). As well, due to the different flow of time in different dimensions, Kai has lost track of how old he actually is, as a year relative to him in one dimension can equate to centuries in another (for those curious, time in Mu's dimension actually flows faster relative to most universes). These factor have made it difficult for him to find some stability in his life, and as a result he has thrown himself wholeheartedly into his work.

Unfortunately though, Kai's dedication seems to have burned him out, and his boss (a rather kind serpentine fellow with psionic abilities) has mandated that Kai take an extended leave of 4 weeks to reinvigorate himself. Due to traveling between dimensions so often, Kai has had little need for a more permanent residence, and so he now finds himself on his way to his ancestors' lavish hotel for a much extended (thank goodness for that faster flowing time, right?!) extended vacation (he's still going to insist that he pay for his room, though).

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]Kinetic Energy Manipulation- As a force dragon, Kai is able to freely manipulate the Kinetic and potential energy of himself, anything he touches, or, with some concentration, any object that isn't too much larger than his current form within about, say, 40 feet of himself. Practically speaking, this means he can make objects fly across rooms, levitate (if he concentrates and balances the target's kinetic energy in all directions), accelerate to astounding speeds, or cease movement all together. Though he is able to affect sentient beings with these abilities, he usually limits it to inanimate objects or himself so as not to cause any harm to another person (though occasionally making others fall flat on their backs at random amuses him). He is most fond of using this ability to fly himself (with a little effort Kai has been able to accelerate himself to hundreds of miles an hour), or to punch targets very, very hard if he's in a fight. 

Polymorphing-  Thanks to the magical tattoos known as Sigils on Kai's arms and back, he is able to freely transform from a human form to a draconic one. He is just as strong and durable in his human form as he is in dragon form, and also has acess to all of his abilities in either form (the Sigils originally restricted his powers). Kai is also able to partially morph parts off his body when he sees fit. 

Breath Weapon- A force Dragon does not posses a breath weapon in the traditional sense, as they do not exhale fire or energy from an internal source. Rather, a force dragon inhales air and particulates from its surroundings, and uses its kinetic energy abilities to accelerate the air and particulates into a supersonic, spherical vortex. The particulates within collide, creating heat and sparks. This vortex is then fired at a target at extremely high speed, and is capable of causing a good deal of damage, flaying skin and shattering bone with effects similar to that of a sandstorm and a bullet combined. Kai rarely if ever makes use of this, though he is capable of doing so in both human and dragon form.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Daily Routine] kai's routine varies from day to day, though he always gets up at sunrise and goes to sleep some time late at night, as he doesn't really enjoy sleeping. Truth be told, he doesn't know what to do with himself if he isn't working, and so he'll usually spend his day lending the hotel's staff whatever help he can. While's he's here, Kai has also made a point of spending as much time as he can with Ouroboros and Tiamat (and the kids! even though he's never met them before) as he doesn't get to see either of them very often these days. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Misc. shit]In part due to the rather unpleasant way he used to act, and in part due to his very busy life nowadays, Kai has never been in a relationship, and is absolutely clueless as to how they work.

He's got a soft spot for spicey food, and one of his newer hobbies has become trying many different dishes.

morel later if i think of it[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Where Frank is: Outside, headed towards some Gazebo that I made up.

What he did: Changed his mind about being social, left the restaurant, told Camille she wasn't in danger, went to go mow some grass.

Who it affects: Hopefully Camille.

A little announcement. Due to Toyo having exams, control of Ouroboros is shifted to me, while Artemisia will be controlled by Aix during the time they're away.

also, post summary.

Where Cher is: On the table in the restaurant alongside others

What they did: Trying to be subtle and hidden but failed, and decided to appear suddenly on the table to eat with the others

Who it affects: Probs no-one

Where Ouro is: Paris Wing.

What she did: threatened maids and penguins so they could work more properly

Who it affects: No named character, I think.

Where Lizzie is: Restaurant

What she did: Suddenly charged at Lexi after a random fit of jealousy.

Who it affects: mainly Lexi and Renai.

You've got a good start!  However, this doesn't quite meet our guidelines for application.  The main offense here is that your application is far too short - but don't worry, you have all the chances in the world to fix that.

Here's a little template for you to use. The things I've bolded are things you should work on.  If you need any help, feel free to message me!

Name: Cosmo (You have this down! However, try and think of a last name.)

Race: Elf (Again, completely fine.)

Role: Guest (Perfect!)

Appearance: Short Rainbow hair, normal height and weight, really long elf ears, big light-blue eyes ( This is the first problem we've encountered with your application.  The description is way too short!  It doesn't give a ton of information about your character, aside from a sparse few details.  What does his hair do - is it a messy short, or a straight short?  And what exactly is normal height and weight?  Don't be afraid of being too wordy, here, as you're trying to paint a beautiful picture of your character with the things you type.  Also, if you have an image of a character you like, you can use that here!  But make sure that image makes sense.)

Personality: very playful but timid, can be stubborn. Easily scared. Very gentle with who he likes (For a new roleplayer, you seem to have description down to a point, yet sadly this is still far too short.  There is a 4 line minimum used in description of personality, backstory, and sometimes appearance with roleplays on YCM, for most at least.  This means that you absolutely must, at the bare minimum, from left to write, fill up each line with text until you have four full lines.  Try to write as much as you can about your character and his quirks.  Is he scared of anything?  How does he react to situation X, as opposed to situation Y?  There's no limit to what you can say about your character.  Make us sympathize with - or even hate - him from this description alone!  When used effectively, you can really move someone to tears. )

Biography: Cosmo always lived in Alfheim, being part of one of the noble families, but he loved the human world, infact he often used his magical powers to travel to the human world and other worlds.

His dad didn't like that, because he was scared that his son might get noticed by humans, and that would be very dangerous.

So he sent him to Mu in Hotel Atlantica, where he would've been safe from the humans.  (For our roleplay, this description is adequate.  However, consider writing a bit more about his past;  also consider the world where we live in.  Would he be a human-phobe because of what his dad instilled in him?  If so, why was he sent to Hotel Atlantica, where lots of humans come every year? )

Abilities: knows how to craft jewellry and how to sew.

Can use his elven powers to manipulate people's dreams  (Remember, use correct spelling and grammar when you're posting.  If you're not sure, run your text through spell check or grammar check - here's a free one!  Also, put this in a spoiler. )

Daily Routine: He often goes swimming in the pool, not in the ocean because he's scared os some creatures that might live there. He also often takes a walk on the beach or attends shows at the outdoor theatre.  (Please place this in a spoiler.  Otherwise, I like it!  Just remember to run Spell and Grammar check. )

Miscellaneous: Always has butterflies flying around him. Has a strange thing with animals: he loves them, but he's also scared of them. Loves to wear cozy pajamas and sweaters  (Remember, spoilers and spell and grammar check.  Also, it'd be absolutely lovely if you could explain why he has the butterflies fluttering around him all the time - it'd make for an interesting topic point between other characters! )

Here's an additional tip!

When something says (Spoiler please.) or the like, you need to put a spoiler.  This is a spoiler.

[spoiler=Hello]See?  I'm a spoiler![/spoiler]

Wondering how to make a spoiler?  It's really easy?  Just copy and paste this line of code wherever you'll need one.

[spoiler=Title]Replace me with what you want inside the spoiler![/spoiler]

As it says, replace the word Title with whatever you want the text to the side of the spoiler to say - like the spoiler above saying hello!  Note that anything you can place inside of a regular post you can put inside a spoiler; yes, even other spoilers.  Spoilers for everyone!

Thanks for the info, but i think i will retire, i don't have that much free time, but maybe one day i will, oh and thanks for the spoiler thing, i didn't know how to get them to work

Where Baldr is: nearing the restaurant now

What he did: go to towards the restaurant

Who it affects: basically no one

Where Artemisia is: sitting at her table now

What she did: go to the table, repeat commands to eat

Who it affects: anyone at the restaurant

Where Lexi is: beside Artemisia

What she did: commit food genocide

Who it affects: poor food

Archived