Infernoids

Forest Fire

so a couple days  made a topic about some recent decks I made, one being Infernoids, which I've been editing the most. now one person I dueled said it wasn't a real Infernoid deck cause it uses Lightsworns for dumping purposes, but as it is, Infernoids need that added dump power. on to the topic at hand: Infernoid awesomeness

Infernoid Beelzebul

300px-InfernoidBeelzebul-SECE-JP-R.png

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 other "Infernoid" monster from your hand or Graveyard, while the combined Levels/Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control (if any) are 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; return it to the hand. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it (this is a Quick Effect).

This guy, Astaroth, and Lucifugus are the ones who say that their banish effects are Quick effects. That makes them Spell Speed 2. That means Eclipse Wyvern's effect can't activate when banished by Lucifugus, Astaroth, or Beelzebul. (wish I knew that in my match against Lightsworns) 2-3 of. 

Infernoid Lucifugus

300px-InfernoidLucifugus-SECE-JP-R.png

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 other "Infernoid" monster from your hand or Graveyard, while the combined Levels/Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control (if any) are 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy it. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it (this is a Quick Effect).

This guy, I personally don't like to much. He sets off a can of worms with his destruction effect that Beelzebul gets around by returning the monster to the hand. Which, I think is better because you can stop your opponent from tribute summoning by going: "Boop, you're monster you were gonna tribute is your hand and there's nothing you can do about it". 1-2 of. 

Infernoid Astaroth 

300px-InfernoidAstaroth-SECE-JP-C.png

Lore:  Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 other "Infernoid" monster from your hand or Graveyard, while the combined Levels/Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control (if any) are 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it (this is a Quick Effect).

The last of the quick effect banishers. Annoying trap like Vanity's Emptiness or Royal Decree? Maybe you're playing against another Infernoid deck and want to pop their field. This guy's your answer. 2-3 of. 

Infernoid Ba'al

300px-InfernoidBaal-SECE-JP-C.png

Lore:  Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing a total of 2 other "Infernoid" monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard while the combined Levels/Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control (if any) are 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked an opponent's monster: You can banish 1 card on the field. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it.

What can I say about this that would add to the awesomeness of his effect? Nothing. If you attack, you can banish one of your opponent's cards. Doesn't get much better than that. 3 of.

Infernoid Asmodai 

InfernoidAsmodai-SECE-JP-C.png

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing a total of 2 other "Infernoid" monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard, while the combined Levels/Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control (if any) are 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this attacking card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by battling an opponent's monster: You can send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it.

These next two I'm not a fan of. I sided 1 each. I mean, yeah you can summon them from the grave, but how often are you going to have Infernoids in the grave that aren't being banished for better things like Ba'al or Nehemoth, or anyone else for that matter. And this one sets off the same can of worms that Lucifugus does. meh. You might like it though. 1 of. 

Infernoid Adramelech 

300px-InfernoidAdramelech-SECE-JP-C.png

Lore:  Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing a total of 2 other "Infernoid" monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard while the combined Levels/Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control (if any) are 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During the Damage Step, if this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: It can make a second attack in a row. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it.

Same problem with this one as with Asmodai. When are you really gonna want this over Ba'al? Sure you can get a direct attack, but that doesn't make it a good card. 2 of.   

Infernoid Nehemoth

300px-InfernoidNehemoth-SECE-JP-UR.png

Lore:  Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing a total of 3 other "Infernoid" monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard while the combined Levels/Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control (if any) are 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy all other monsters on the field. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell, Trap, or Spell/Trap effect is activated: You can Tribute 1 monster; negate the activation, and if you do, banish it.

If you don't run 3 of this, there is something wrong with you. 

Infernal Voidbringers 

300px-InfernalVoidbringers-SECE-JP-C.png

Lore: Target 1 "Infernoid" monster you control; that monster you control is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of this turn. If an "Infernoid" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card instead of destroying 1 of those monsters.

2-3 of. Not much to say about it. 

Void Flood 

300px-VoidFlood-SECE-JP-C.png

Lore: During each of your Standby Phases: You can Special Summon 1 "Infernoid Token" (Fiend-Type/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). If you would Special Summon an "Infernoid" monster by its own Summoning condition, you can also banish "Infernoid" monsters you control for that Summon. Your opponent cannot target "Infernoid" monsters you control with effects or for attacks, except the "Infernoid" monster(s) you control that has the highest Level.

3 of. Why would you not run 3? 

Void Launch 

300px-VoidLaunch-SECE-JP-R.png

Lore: During each of your Standby Phases: You can send up to 2 "Infernoid" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard. If you control a monster that is not an "Infernoid" monster, send this card to the Graveyard.

1-2 of. You really need to run other stuff in this deck, so.. yeah. Awesome card. 

Blazing Void

300px-BlazingVoid-SECE-JP-C.png

Lore: Special Summon 1 "Infernoid" monster from your hand, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but its effects are negated until the end of this turn.

1 of. maybe. it's super situational and all. 

Other cards: Burial from a DD- 1 of. Terraforming- 1-2 of. Pot of Duality 2 of. MST 2 of. Miracle Dig- ~2. Foolish Burial- 1 of. Raigeki- 1 of. Staple 1 of Traps. Necroface- 1-2 of. Blaster, D Ruler- 1 of. Grave engine of your choice- recommended: Lightsworns

No, if you are running 3 behemoth then there is something wrong with you. It clogs like hell in the early game and anymore than 1 in the grave clogs unless you banish the spare copies. No its definitely a 2 Max since I've found its mass destruction is more situational than you think because it hinders you from summoning anything else without using the trap they have that summons ignoring conditions.
Andramalech doesn't do enough to even warrant a spot because of its really bad level doing nothing for you.

Don't go recommending slow ass LS as well,kuribandit scarm And tgu engine with Dante works so much better and makes your best level four or lower infernoid lucifigus searchable.

Seriously, a lot of this format is testing NK's right now.
Some of your suggestions are a bit weird.
These are literally my opinions so don't judge too much.

300px-InfernoidAstaroth-SECE-JP-C.png

Lore:  Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 other "Infernoid" monster from your hand or Graveyard, while the combined Levels/Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control (if any) are 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn: You can Tribute 1 monster, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish it (this is a Quick Effect).

The last of the quick effect banishers. Annoying trap like Vanity's Emptiness or Royal Decree? Maybe you're playing against another Infernoid deck and want to pop their field. This guy's your answer. 2-3 of.

This wouldn't really work against Vanity's Emptiness, since it sorta has to be Special Summoned. Unless it's activated afterwards, of course.

If you've made this topic, it means you're open to criticism, so let's go through this.

First of all, looking at your build, You've got more than 40 cards. That's an instant red flag sir. Secondly, I've no idea why you keep refering to the Level 4 or less as "quick effect banishers" They ALL banish as a quick effect.

No, if you are running 3 behemoth then there is something wrong with you. It clogs like hell in the early game and anymore than 1 in the grave clogs unless you banish the spare copies.
Andramalech doesn't do enough to even warrant a spot because of its really bad level doing nothing for you.

These are true statements

Don't go recommending slow ass LS as well,kuribandit scarm And tgu engine with Dante works so much better and makes your best level four or lower infernoid lucifigus searchable.

First of all, LS are not slow, they are the fastest archetype I've found to split Infernoids with.

Secondly, nothing is making Lucifugus searchable. He's a FIRE monster

These are the decks I've come up with, for reference, of course, I can't guarantee that they are optimal.

Current DevPro (newest SECE not available, ignore Side) -  Code: Infernoid λ

5ccb391f10.jpg

Current DN (With all revealed cards):

lGG7VjE.png

In neither case did I decide to use the field. It's very likely to wind up in the grave anyway, and while it's very good to have out, I find it too slow, and it felt like most turns I was just hiding behind my tokens, waiting to draw a real play. Instead, I tried to get more plays out of the gate.

On the subject of the double foolish, it's obviously fantastic to have, but it's hideously slow, and terribly restrictive, not that Mischief of the Yokai is really a great card either, but it's hilarious, and works from the grave. So it was worth a shot, especially when I'm ideally Reasoning a ton of my deck.

The main thing about more copies of Nehemoth is that you'll want at least one in the grave ASAP, and the other copies can be used as fodder.

Also, the field needs more love, in my opinion. It's slow, yes, but it's really quite useful and gives the deck the ability to win grind games.

Needlebug Nest is an option for milling things fast, but personally I think it's a bit awkward due to requiring you to slow down for a while, and it's a -1 that might or might not matter. Card trooper too, but at least it floats.

The protection spell is amazing in decks that lacks enough traps since it acts as a grave trap which turns your milling into something more beneficial if you milled them, which is also why Breakthrough is nice here.

Adramelech > Asmodai imo, especially since now they costs the same to summon. Adramelech also gives you a situational R8 access, so yeah, if you need to choose between the two, max adra first. Being a level 5 to accomodate more summons could be nice in rank 3 based decks tbf, but it's a 1-of at best still.

If you've made this topic, it means you're open to criticism, so let's go through this.

First of all, looking at your build, You've got more than 40 cards. That's an instant red flag sir. Secondly, I've no idea why you keep refering to the Level 4 or less as "quick effect banishers" They ALL banish as a quick effect.

i don't limit myself to 40 cards. big deal. no, they don't all banish as a quick effect. or at least only three of them, the one's I refer to as quick effect banishers, say it's a quick effect. from what i can understand of spell speed, the others are ignition effects.

(sorry for missing your post Oblivion, but i'll do so now since Expel has pointed them out.)

No, if you are running 3 behemoth then there is something wrong with you. It clogs like hell in the early game and anymore than 1 in the grave clogs unless you banish the spare copies. 

I haven't found 3 Nehemoth to clog and I just put in 1 Andramalech and it worked fine. How does Dante make Lucifugus work searchable? 

LS are not slow, they are the fastest archetype I've found to split Infernoids with.nothing is making Lucifugus searchable. He's a FIRE monster

there's that.

5ccb391f10.jpg
>says not to run 3 Nehemoth
>runs 3 Nehemoth

lGG7VjE.png
>says lightsworns are the fastest dumps for Infernoids
>doesn't use lightsworns in an Infernoid deck

Had to point those 2 things out.

The main thing about more copies of Nehemoth is that you'll want at least one in the grave ASAP, and the other copies can be used as fodder.

Also, the field needs more love, in my opinion. It's slow, yes, but it's really quite useful and gives the deck the ability to win grind games.

Needlebug Nest is an option for milling things fast, but personally I think it's a bit awkward due to requiring you to slow down for a while, and it's a -1 that might or might not matter. Card trooper too, but at least it floats.

The protection spell is amazing in decks that lacks enough traps since it acts as a grave trap which turns your milling into something more beneficial if you milled them, which is also why Breakthrough is nice here.

Adramelech > Asmodai imo, especially since now they costs the same to summon. Adramelech also gives you a situational R8 access, so yeah, if you need to choose between the two, max adra first. Being a level 5 to accomodate more summons could be nice in rank 3 based decks tbf, but it's a 1-of at best still.

I think I've said why I don't like Adramelech, but I'm trying him at one and will edit this topic as needed.

In neither case did I decide to use the field. It's very likely to wind up in the grave anyway, and while it's very good to have out, I find it too slow, and it felt like most turns I was just hiding behind my tokens, waiting to draw a real play. Instead, I tried to get more plays out of the gate.

On the subject of the double foolish, it's obviously fantastic to have, but it's hideously slow, and terribly restrictive, not that Mischief of the Yokai is really a great card either, but it's hilarious, and works from the grave. So it was worth a shot, especially when I'm ideally Reasoning a ton of my deck.

Mischief does look like an interesting card to run. Maybe 2 of? I haven't actually used either miracle dig and am considering dropping both. Reasoning milled to much whenever I used it.

yes, Baal is better but you don't want to skip both Asmodai or Adra since at worst they're fodders, and you only have a limited amount of fodders. Basically, there's nothing stopping you from running Baal and  Adra, but I was saying that Adra should be considered before Asmodai, especially in LS due to JD+Adra being Felgrand for when you failed in OTKing.

i don't limit myself to 40 cards. big deal. no, they don't all banish as a quick effect. or at least only three of them, the one's I refer to as quick effect banishers, say it's a quick effect. from what i can understand of spell speed, the others are ignition effects.

You can use them on your opponent's turn; that should automatically makes them quick effects. I can't think of a single time when you can use ignition effects on your opponent's turn.

>says not to run 3 Nehemoth
>runs 3 Nehemoth

Yeah, because I don't have access to anything else (Adramelech and Asmodai are broken)

>says lightsworns are the fastest dumps for Infernoids
>doesn't use lightsworns in an Infernoid deck

Don't have nearly the same amount of space here.  Obviously one card is gonna be Charge, so what else? Just a bunch of Raidens?

Oh, and on the topic of Asmodai vs. Adramelech, there's the matter of its level being lower, allowing more field sharing, and Rank 5s being pretty legit.

Actually, Adramelech might be better,  since Asmodai's ATK is so low. I'll give you that one, let's try him out.

Expel, it makes it harder to respond to your points via quote when you respond in the quote box. just sayin'. 

You can use them on your opponent's turn; that should automatically makes them quick effects. I can't think of a single time when you can use ignition effects on your opponent's turn.
you're right. sorry. they are all quick effects, also the ones that say that it's a quick effect actually have a clause "Once per turn, during your opponent's turn:" you can only use them on your opponents turn. am i the only one to JUST notice that?

Yeah, because I don't have access to anything else (Adramelech and Asmodai are broken)
Do I sense a bit of ..what is it called?... Did you lose in a infernoid vs. infernoid w/ your opponent using them? just cause you lost to them doesn't make them broken.

Don't have nearly the same amount of space here. Obviously one card is gonna be Charge, so what else? Just a bunch of Raidens?

Oh, and on the topic of Asmodai vs. Adramelech, there's the matter of its level being lower, allowing more field sharing, and Rank 5s being pretty legit.

a) run ligthsworns instead of fiend engine that relies on dante to dump. b.) i was talking about the second deck with my quip about lightsworns. Lyla, Ehren, and Raiden are the ones I use. c) who said it was one vs the other? it's more I don't really like either's eff. they seem to be to "let's open a can of worms".

The thing with running more than 40 cards is that each card above 40 you run decreases your odds of milling a nehemoth. This is, very clearly, a bad thing. Nehemoth is very powerful, and you want to land that SOB as soon as you. Running >40 just kills the dream.

a) you want to use nehemoth. he's the boss. he is to be used. b.) at least i'm not trying to justify actually running 50 cards, just a couple more than 40. I mean come on. what would I even take out? say nehemoth and i swear. also running 46 is working fine. you're very right, you want to land that SOB. but not just whenever, when his eff is actually useful. so.. not sure where this train of thought is going.... 

Do I sense a bit of ..what is it called?... Did you lose in a infernoid vs. infernoid w/ your opponent using them? just cause you lost to them doesn't make them broken.

No, they are broken as in "cannot be properly used"

Asmodai and Adramelech in the DevPro editor are treated as one card with Asmodai's description, and Adramelech's picture, which then has Adramelech's stats on the field and Asmodai's effect.

And on the subject of Lightsworn, I don't feel it makes sense to go highlander with them.

The best I can really see is Charge, 2x Raiden 2x Lumina maybe 1x Ehren.

Something else to keep in mind though is that Synchros do take up more of your 8 Levels than Xyz though.

No, they are broken as in "cannot be properly used"

Asmodai and Adramelech in the DevPro editor are treated as one card with Asmodai's description, and Adramelech's picture, which then has Adramelech's stats on the field and Asmodai's effect.

how about we talk about their seperate, usable forms in dn then? 

Why would i say cut nehemoth? I am saying to cut things to increase your nehemoth:other stuff ratio. Tbh, you do not need as much of the backrow designed for the archetype, as evidenced by expelsword's first build, which mainly just runs generic s/t.

you mean including void launch and blazing void, RIGHT????????

how about we talk about their seperate, usable forms in dn then? 

you mean including void launch and blazing void, RIGHT????????

Void Launch is too stifling to use reliably. You can't have any non Infernoids, which means you're basically not doing anything, and it's restricted to your Standby, which makes it even slower.

Blazing is great

The thing I think that is plaguing you is highlander syndrome.

Just because a card is sometimes good to have doesn't mean you have to, or should play it. that situation may not be relevant enough to warrant it.

In your case, when you already have over 40 cards, for consistency's sake, it's probably better to just drop it.

It's moreso the fact that, at one, by the time you draw it, you should already have something out, and probably not an Infernoid, since without other monsters, they actually barely work at all.

And then at multiple, it's cloggy.

Of course, it's also easy MST bait too, so even if you put it down, it might not make your next Standby.

I feel like Konami wants you to use pure Infernoids, but you really can't. They just don't have it in them.

I didnt see the "DARK" part of scarms effect sorry >.<

TBH if your running a nehemoth @3 (which isnt what i'd personnally do) I dont think adra is really necessary since they both have a level that works against you :/ This is just theory of course.

Adra's is as debilitating to you as Baal, which means barely. Just saying.

Archived