"Creature Of Earth" Archtype

slashmow

Hey guys, i joined this site yesterday, cause i had some really awesome ideas about getting beast-monster decks stronger. maybe you can give it a try, and tell me whats shit and whats cool [attachment=42907:createcard1.php.jpg][attachment=42908:createcard2.php.jpg][attachment=42910:createcard5.php.jpg]

This is in the single card section why? Anywho... a mod will probs move it... make sure to read the rules next time... as for the (?) It's because you are using attachments... which take up quite a bit of space. Click on your cards in the card maker, a link should appear under it. Copy that link onto a post... the image will appear when you send the post... The overall design of the cards...hard to tell... the dog is fully loaded. And archetypes are pretty hard sometimes to look at with only knowing the extent of a couple cards. Once you get the fully loaded... I'd be happy to evaluate all of them.

I guess this is pretty cool. I like desert dogs effect as a quick beater with an appropriate cost. I think Lion is a bit underpowered though. You're not normally going to have a whole bunch of synchros in your graveyard. I mean I guess you could build around that, but still, you would need at least 3 synchros in your grave in order for it to really be good. I also like the 1000 points theme.

The only thing that keeps Lion from being absolutely broken is that 1000 LP are a high enough cost, and that its stats are laughable. Still, it's pretty annoying that it's able to negate multiple cards. Still, you should correct the OCG because right now, it just says that you can destroy your opponent's cards that are already on the field and destroy them. It's good for getting rid of a Beelze, for example, but generates conflict for face-down cards.
So, if your intention was to make Lion able to destroy cards already on the field, you should add some PSCT like "Target 1 face-up Monster or Trap card your opponent controls: negate its effect and destroy it", or if you wanted it to be able to stop effects, need to correct it altogether because right now, it says something completely different. For example: "During either player's turn, when a Monster or Trap card effect is activated, you can pay 1000 Life Points: negate that effect and destroy that card".

ALso, not sure what to say on the other cards. Anyhow, Lion is pretty weak for a Level 9 Synchro that needs at least 3 monsters. You should probably increase its stats, rethink its effect (unless you have a way of Summoning it similar to Quasar Dragon, requiring you to use multiple Synchro monsters as Synchro materials, it's pretty damn unlikely that you'll have all those Synchro monsters in your Graveyard) and maybe nerf a bit the negating effect (not sure about that, though, as it can still be eliminated by Spell cards like Black Hole).
The other two cards... I don't know about Desert Dog, honestly, as it lacks level and stats (it's a bug, you should just regenerate the image and it should be fine), and The Camel... it's actually pretty good.

Archived