The Supernatural

LordCowCowCowCowCowCowCowCow

Random topic time. Talk about supernatural things, whatever it may be. Ghosts, aliens, what have you. Try and keep it based on real life. What's your thoughts on the supernatural, could it be real? Totally fake? Have you ever encountered something you think could be supernatural in origin?

We know many popular real life supernatural stories have been proven false, but is there something we haven't seen? Is there something that's still a mystery?

Personally I think there could very well be something more. There's so many possibilities in this world I find it hard to just say it's impossible.

I also think the word supernatural has a bad rep, because it just sounds like something fictitious.

Well, what else would you refer them as? They're things that transcends the "natural" after all. (also tbh, not sure if aliens will fit into supernatural things)

Not entirely skeptical about this, tbh. Though, I wonder. If these do exist, would we possibly reach a point in the future when we can use science to explain these, thus making them lose the "super" part?

Well, what else would you refer them as? They're things that transcends the "natural" after all. (also tbh, not sure if aliens will fit into supernatural things)

Not entirely skeptical about this, tbh. Though, I wonder. If these do exist, would we possibly reach a point in the future when we can use science to explain these, thus making them lose the "super" part?

I agree. It doesn't seem provable at this point with current scientific methods, but in the future, it might be.

I personally like the notion of planes of existence or dimensions, as well as the thought of other life existing on them.

Also…TV always portrays them as scary (the supernatural)…I'm thinking "uh, pretty sure there would be some chill ghosts out there if they existed".

The thing that bugs me is people automatically connect the definition of supernatural (Basically, something unexplained by science) with being fake.

Which makes no sense, seeing as there's plenty we thought was proven by science, or unknowable, that we now understand to be not what we thought.

Are aliens classified as supernatural/paranormal beings?

Not really. Supernatural, by definition, means outside of the realm of science, or "nature."  It's beyond natural.  We don't know if aliens exist, but they don't really conflict in any way with current models of the universe. 

Yes. Yes they do. By definition they do. They are beyond all science that we know of in most cases.

I'm religious, so of course I believe in it to some extent. ='D

Aliens exist today.
We've got plenty of foreign people in America, at least.

I'm not religious, but I think ghosts COULD exist. This one time, I was playing my music and was just turning it off (I was alone at the time) when a voice (that sounded nothing like the music I was playing (The end of Bad Blood by Bastille)) said "See you". That sent chills up my spine. *shivers*

I'm almost positive ghosts exist. I've known a couple people who've seen them and they're people who don't bullshit otherwise.

I like to think there's stuff out there we can't explain. And I think a part of what makes supernatural stuff supernatural is that we're not really supposed to be able to perceive that stuff. So we'll probably live the rest of our lives never encountering it despite its potential existence.

Which is a shame, but what can you do.

Aliens def exist, I mean we can't be the only thing alive in this universe. 

Ghosts probably do too, but I try not to care. Also if I ever do become a ghost, I'm gonna be 3 scared 5 me because I'm so clumsy that I'll like trip over a lamp and next thing I know the people living there will flip out and get the ghost busters on me. 

I swear that my old house, before it burned down, was haunted.  Lots of things went bump in the night, but I guess I can kind of blame those on the fact that we lived next to the woods.  Lots of animals and stuff to kinda do those kinda things.

Do I want to believe in ghosts?  Not really.  The prospect of one's soul remaining on Earth (or anywhere else, mind you) just doesn't sit well with me.  I don't like thinking about the afterlife.

Reminds me, my old house, which I only was 1 when we moves, everyone who was in it, even for only a day, said they saw/heard some crazy creepy stuff.

So I tend to think, if that many people think something happened. Especially as they never told each other most of it until later, maybe there's something.

The supernatural might exist (beyond the religious stuff I believe in), but I haven't seen it yet. I take a pretty scientific view on it in that I'm open to possibilities, but until I see solid proof it exists I'm rather dubious.

Yes, one might argue that this is a "I'm blind and if I cannot see the sky it does not exist" thing but at least it's generally agreed that the sky exists (let's not mention things like atmosphere and etc. for now). As for the supernatural, though, I haven't seen reliable, tested proof that it exists, so yeah. It'd be cool if it DID exist though.

The supernatural might exist (beyond the religious stuff I believe in), but I haven't seen it yet. I take a pretty scientific view on it in that I'm open to possibilities, but until I see solid proof it exists I'm rather dubious.

Yes, one might argue that this is a "I'm blind and if I cannot see the sky it does not exist" thing but at least it's generally agreed that the sky exists (let's not mention things like atmosphere and etc. for now). As for the supernatural, though, I haven't seen reliable, tested proof that it exists, so yeah. It'd be cool if it DID exist though.

Well the whole point is kinda that it's something that's beyond what we currently know. As I said earlier, there's plenty that we didn't have proof of before that we now know exists.

Plus it's just fun for me imagining what could be out there.

I believe in parallel universes in which all the supernatural things exist(vamps, werewolves, etc.) but I do belive in ghosts in this world because my friends have seen them. Also I'm not sure what it is, but anytime I think or talk about the supernatural I get a ringing in my ears and I take it as a warning of "No, dont think about it" which makes me think that these things are real.

I believe in parallel universes in which all the supernatural things exist(vamps, werewolves, etc.) but I do belive in ghosts in this world because my friends have seen them. Also I'm not sure what it is, but anytime I think or talk about the supernatural I get a ringing in my ears and I take it as a warning of "No, dont think about it" which makes me think that these things are real.

The Multiverse Theory is pretty fun. It actually makes more sense than religions humans know / practice.

But that means as much as "Poop with whipcream tastes better than poop without whipcream" 

Its still poop

Supernatural things are poop. 

But well..poop could be a supernatural thing. That would make my head explode so i'll stop that now.

I think it might exist, i've never seen ghosts or stuff like that, but to me it happens really often that i dream of the future, recently even more often, when i wake up i forget about that dream, but when the stuff that i dreamt happens i get a really strange feeling of deja-vu and it's really cool but strange!

So for me it's a yes, especially special abilities in human minds

I'd be more surprised if the supernatural didn't exist, actually.  I refuse to believe that the existence of ghosts, aliens, and in a rare few cases, some sort of innate psychic power in the human mind, do not exist.  If the supernatural didn't exist, I'd probably be living in a cardboard box right now; there's been too much s*** thrown my way these last few years for me to be where I am now without some kind of third-party assistance from beyond the grave or something like that.

I just hope the cardboard you're living in is comfortable :D

Archived