(Originally drafted as an RC concept)
As many of you have noticed, this section gets very little activity as of late, due to a lingering stigma that Pop Culture cards are little better than Joke Cards at times (even with the reforms done to try eliminating it).
As a result, many of us are left without any sort of comments on our sets, which hurts the section's activity, and doesn't help aspiring members to improve their craft.
But let's see if we can change that, shall we?
Here's how this thread works.
- You post a link to your set and ask for a review. One of the members here will look at it + CnC it properly.
- For reviewing a member's thread, those who have followed the section rules while CnCing (followed the Advanced Clause) will receive some form of an award; possibly a like and some point prizes.
- Members who review several threads may be eligible for more significant rewards; more on this later as things get developed.
With that said, some basic rules for using this thread.
- You may only ask for a review of 1 thread at a time. Once a member has properly reviewed the set, you can ask for another one to be CnCed.
- Make sure your thread is recent (meaning that it hasn't broken the necrobumping rule yet)
- As stated, you must link your review post here in a new reply. One of the Custom Cards moderators will look it over and see that you've done it properly. Do not just say that you reviewed (X)'s thread; actually link to it.
- If a member does review your cards, please be considerate and rep them for their time. Keep in mind that they're doing this because they want to; not because they're forced to. If they have their own set, please try to review theirs in turn.
- Anything not within Joke & OPed Cards is fair game to be reviewed. This includes both the Casual Singles & Multiples area, as well as Experimental Cards.
The purpose of this thread is to encourage more of you to post in this section; both as a cardmaker and a reviewer.
Unlike in the past, there are no blatantly OPed cards of Goku or some other overused character in this section; as of 7/12, the quality here is more or less comparable to that of RC.
As it stands right now, it's a prototype project and still needs to be worked out a bit; however, it is a step in trying to promote activity in this section.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to mention them.
Edited by Sakura Haruno, 14 March 2015 - 05:18 AM.