Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

YCM Casual Card Designs Rules << UPDATED: 6/14/2018 >>

- - - - - cc rulebook please read before posting

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

The following rules apply to Casual Singles, Multiples and Experimental Cards. (Workshopping has a slightly different rulebook)

Please read these before posting in the section. 

Rulebook

If you have any questions or concerns about the rules, please ask in the FAQ thread or PM me directly. 

Edited by Flash Flyer - Sakura, 14 June 2018 - 06:05 AM.
Major changes

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Because a few of you have asked about the Advanced Clause application in Casual, I'll go ahead and clarify it for everyone.

You're not expected to know about the metagame while reviewing a card; nor do you need to reference any existing cards in the game.

However, you do need to mention something related to its overall design as a whole at the bare minimum in 1-2 proper sentences.

OCG fixes still will not count towards a proper review.

Now, if you wish to still use RC (Advanced) standards while reviewing a card; you're certainly welcome to do that.

To be honest, many of us have used the RC model for quite a while, that it does prove difficult to grade a card without having to reference existing things in the metagame and some other stuff.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Effective January 2nd, 2015, you are allowed to post DIVINE and Divine-Beast/Creator God monsters in the standard Casual sections.

Basically, there really is no point in confining them into Experimental, assuming you've designed them properly and adhere to general cardmaking rules.

However, we'd advise against designing DIVINE cards unless it's absolutely necessary to do it.

If you're designing a card after an actual deity, then yeah it's fine (though you can make do with the regular Types/Attributes, and still display their powers accurately).

Don't just slap DIVINE on any old card you want; it doesn't work that way. Actually think it through.

---

Fake Types and other things like new summon concepts are still to be left in Experimental for the time being.

Speed Spells / Dark Synchros or whatever is anime/manga exclusive right now is still in limbo, but keep them in Experimental also, while we have CC mod discussions about it.

---

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Effective 1/10/2015, you are allowed to post 2 Pendulum Monsters in the Singles section.
However, they must abide by the following condition.

"Both Pendulum Monsters must be capable of/intended to work with one another."

Basically they should be Archetype-supportive and/or reflect each other in their effects. For reference, use Sarenshinchū and Urenjinchū (Yousenjū) and Yuya's Magicians.

If they don't support each other, then they will be moved to Multiples.

This also goes for if you post a 3rd Pendulum Monster in the same thread; regardless if it is intended to work in conjunction with the previous two or not.

Anyway, ask one of us if you need clarification on this.

Have fun with it :)

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

With the advent of Xyz Pendulums on the horizon, I suppose it's a good enough time to announce how things are going to run regarding them.

Effective 3/9/2015, you are allowed to make Xyz Pendulums in this section, but the following condition will be in place.

"Until an official ruling is given from Konami, just assume that Xyz Pendulums can be re-summoned IF/ONLY if they were properly summoned first and sent back to the Extra Deck face-up.

By extension, Ranks will be treated as Levels for Main Deck monsters; so assuming the Rank/Level falls within the scales, they will obey any existing rules that were established for the normal ones.

In terms of Xyz Materials, assume that if the monster moves to the Pendulum Zone, their materials DO NOT carry over."

(Synchro/Fusion/Ritual Pendulums are also welcome in this section [the main area of Casual]; and should obey standard rules for regular Pendulums; no ruling here).

Don't post them in Advanced, until Konami confirms their existence. 

---

As usual, PM if you have any concerns over the matter.

Indeed, there is a lack of information regarding Xyz Pendulums, so we need to fill in the blanks for now until things are cleared up.

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 15 March 2015 - 01:17 PM.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

A few changes to the rulebook; most of them are relatively small changes.

1. There is a separate note about Multiple Cards and what goes into them. Regardless of if your cards have a common theme or random stuff, if you have 2+ cards; they go into Multiples.

However, the exception to this rule is of course, the twinned Pendulums and a Ritual Monster/corresponding Spell Card (assuming you only have one set of those).

(It helps if your cards are related somehow, but if you have a ton of random cards; just post them in a single thread in Multiples. It makes it easier to find stuff, and doesn't end up flooding the section)

It was supposed to be common knowledge, but hopefully this clears things up.

2. I have lowered the bump rule to 12 hours, as opposed to the standard 24.

Indeed, CC has gotten dead as of late and this has been done to try increasing the activity in the area.

Remember guys, 12 hours means 12 hours; don't bump it any earlier than that.

We'd all like comments on our cards, but just be patient.

3. Also as a reminder, please keep your updates in the main post unless you cannot update it for some reason (either that you have too many cards or some other forum bug).

That, and actually post the cards here; not as a link to an image gallery elsewhere.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Added Basic Rule 20, regarding the usage of artwork.

In short form, make sure that you give attribution to where your card's images are found.

You can just post something like "IMG credit: (link/author name)" and that's sufficient.

However, please make sure that you are allowed to use images; especially if they come from deviantArt.

Some artwork is commissioned, and isn't for public usage.

If we get an artist complaint, then you'll be asked to either change the pictures in question, add accreditation or remove the cards in their entirety.

------------

Artists, if you would like to file a complaint about your artwork being used without permission/attribution, PM one of the Custom Card moderators; preferably to either myself or Koko (ココ).

When you do, make sure you provide the following.

• Verification that you are indeed the creator of said artwork, or are authorized to act on behalf of said artist.
  • Links to the artwork(s) in question.
  • Cards in question that use the artwork(s).
  • A statement if the user in question was given authorization to use said artworks.
  • Concluding statement that the above facts are indeed true.

Do not post in the user's thread, especially if it is past the two week mark; otherwise you will be subjected to any penalties listed forth in the main post if circumstances warrant them.

Just PM a moderator about it, and leave it at that.

Do not take matters into your own hands.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Much like the Advanced version of this rulebook, this section's code of conduct has also been updated.

Please make sure all of you read the new rules and understand them, especially the Advanced Clause, which has been updated.

(The rules on the Advanced Clause are the same in both here and Advanced)

Another thing to mention is that all critique in this section is to be directed towards general design of the card itself. You may still reference existing cards in interactions, but consider broader approaches. For instance, if a member designs stuff for an existing Archetype, it DOES NOT have to go with the common standard of the Deck in the competitive world (although there should still be some thought behind it). Casual Cards is intended for GENERAL DESIGN; if you want to bring up the metagame, do so in Advanced.

-------------

As usual, please PM one of us if you have questions/concerns about the new rules.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

I'm not going to repeat (entirely) what I said in Advanced, but there are some things to be aware of for Casual. 

Having the card's stats and effects printed beneath card: In the past, this was mandatory if the card was hard to read, but now it will be for all cards that use a picture from the card maker, TCGEditor or whatever template you have. 

Most of you already provided this, so you shouldn't be affected too much by the change. If you already do Written Cards, you're fine.

(This makes it easier to do text fixes if necessary as well as giving members something to grade, should something happen to your pictures)\

Permissible images: This is tied into the general forum-wide policy of what constitutes as acceptable. Images that are overly sexual/risque or graphic are forbidden to be used as card images. You can use the OCG's style of artwork as a guideline, but if you are in doubt, PM the images so we can look them over. 

(For the record, whatever ruling Black gave as a whole a few months ago holds; exercise your best judgment and ask if you are unsure.)

[Clause about design notes does not apply here.]

====

With regards to Link Monsters, you are allowed to post them in the main section (if they are Normal/Effect Link Monsters), but you can use Experimental for them as well until more definitive rulings are given. Stuff like Pendulum Links should be posted in Experimental. 

(This applies to any new concept that Konami throws out in the foreseeable future)

====

There will be a community thing to talk about what should be done with CC now that the rules have been changed dramatically, and a lot of stuff has been rendered ineffective.

As usual, if you have any questions/comments/concerns about anything in the rulebook or CC policies in general, please feel free to ask for clarification. 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

https://forum.yugioh...o-custom-cards/

(I'll just shorthand whatever I said in Advanced, and remove stuff that isn't relevant to Casual)

Dual format / tagging

Because of the new changes brought on by VRAINS, there will be a dual format in Custom Cards from here on out: Legacy and Standard. As such, you will need to tag your threads for the appropriate format. For those who did not read the linked thread, Legacy and Standard are defined as thus:

• Legacy: Cards built to function using the ARC-V mechanics (Extra Deck monsters are not forced into a separate zone, Pendulums are still separate from S/T, Link Monsters/Markers/Numbers do not exist).
    • Cyverse-Type monsters will be permitted, as they currently are not intertwined with Link Monsters.
      • This means you may make Cyverse Ritual/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum monsters as you so choose, provided they obey the mechanics for ARC-V.
    • Cards that are released from SD2017 and onward and do not have interactions with Links / Main Monster Zone / Extra Monster Zone are also permitted in this format. (This also includes the legacy ARC-V support coming out in Code of the Duelist)
  • Standard: Cards that function in the official field setup as of 3/25/2017 in OCG.
    • This includes: Link Monsters, the segregated monster zones and moving of the Pendulum Zones to the S/T area.

As mentioned in the new rule, there will be no penalty if you forget to tag your thread, but your stuff will be graded under the VRAINS mechanics, which may have a much different effect than what the ARC-V mechanics will do with them. (LEGACY and STANDARD tags exist for both sections). Threads made before the change do not have to be tagged, but it is advised you do. 

You may find this as rule 19.

====

Other things that need to be noted:

Member reviews: If you review a user's thread, you are under no obligation to actually suggest fixes for them to make; you are still bound by the Advanced Clause, but that's it. If you wish to give help, then that's fine. For thread creators, DO NOT solicit the reviewer for what you should fix; it is up to you to figure out what needs to be done. It is also in your best interest to take what other members tell you into consideration; you may not agree with their approach, but be willing to compromise if needed. 

Bumping: While the minimum period required for bumping your own thread (if no one else has replied) is still 12+ hours, it is advised that you bump it IF and ONLY IF you have made an update; especially for set threads. If you make changes before the 12 hour period is up, just modify the main thread and THEN announce the changes later (or modify your last post with the changes). 

If you've noticed, Multiples tends not to be terribly active, so your stuff will still remain on page 1 after a day or so in most cases.

===

Just so we're clear though, the rules in this thread have always referred to Casual Cards and the subsections; I used the Advanced rules as a guide, but forgot to correct the copy/paste for the last update. 

If there are any questions/concerns about the changes, please feel free to PM me. 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Yeah, it's time for the rulebook to be updated. 

So...what are the differences from the March 29th version and the new ones in effect as of right now?

Outside lowering the Advanced Clause requirement word / content-wise and some shifting of rules, not too much. However, the changes are technically patterned on what you guys suggested in that thread and what I'd said I'd do / compromise on.

(The one pertaining to OCG fixes got removed, but it should already be covered in the Advanced Clause.)

Sakura, the rulebook is still too big! It scares newbies! 

I already told you guys that although I'd try my best to trim stuff down, a lot of it has to be mentioned in order to avoid any potential loopholes in the book that can be exploited. Also some things that are specific to Custom Cards and not already noted in the general rulebook.

Therefore, the rulebook will inevitably remain large, even if it is cut down to 16 rules and opposed to 20.

The Advanced Clause still exists! Why?

Casual Cards still needs post quality, and while it isn't design oriented like before, it exists so there's no shitposting in this section.

You guys are capable of writing 1 complete sentence (or the equivalent of it thereof), right? Within this one sentence, you can give a rating or a brief description of what you think they did well / could improve on. And you don't have to reference existing cards and stuff.

This limit will hold for both areas; Singles/Multiples require at least 15 words. (I may raise the Multiple one to 30 if needed to be uniform, but this will be determined later upon evaluation of how the new one holds up.)

=====

Bolded are the general idea of the rule in question, and below is just cliffnotes of what any changes are. (Though, it's really advised you actually look over the main post for the detailed explanation.)

yeah right, this is still a textwall

So yeah, if there are any questions or concerns, then please PM me.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 39,131 posts
    Last Visit A minute ago

Rules have been updated in light of the Casual / Free Card merger that has been discussed for the past week. Also check the FAQ thread for updated texts and stuff. 

Other than the design requirements being dropped for Casual (no more having to abide by the 5000 ATK/DEF cap for original stats among other things), everything else is usually the same (but that's the common sense / specific things). 

====

As usual, please ask me if there's something amiss with the rules that you would like addressed. 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users