Announcing Blogs Subsection

.Rai

Is there a minimum word/page count for these? Also, can the blog be fiction?

First question, no, but as with most blogs and articles, midlength posts tend to be what readers like the most. Unless your audience is different.

Second question, yes. Although, Creative Writing still exists, so judge what's best for what section.

If I'm honest though, if I can't really decide on a specific topic for my blog, I'll most likely have random topics, and that'll probs make me think of a name for it too.

Chatty, random-topic blogs are good. I welcome them! Do come up with a focused topic if you feel like having one though. 

Are links to websites allowed? Like, say if I want to provide a link to a car page on Wikipedia or to the Lego Wiki.

Yep, I'm being a little bit more lax with advertising in this section. What you're describing isn't even that bad, it's fairly normal.

Now that CC was brought up, could I use a blog to make my own CC Hall of Fame? As in, every weekend I pick the best (in my opinion) card posted in CC during the week and explain why I think is good, its potential impact on the metagame, etc.?

As good a place as any. There doesn't seem to be a good place for that in CC, so go ahead.

I'm actually thinking about making a lax blog about cookie recipes. Would that be fine?

This sounds hella dope.  I really want to make a blog now.  

Question, will the section be curated at all?  It would be nice to have some limits so the it doesn't become cluttered.

Rules will be up with the section, but main thing is that you can only have one blog, without PMing a mod first anyway for special requests. So, go with your cookie recipe blog (one of the catalysts for this section was Akira's mini General cooking blog), but that shall be your sole goal in life! Cookies! Choose wisely. Of course, people can get blogs locked and open a new one as well.

I'll be making sure people have decent opening posts, and if not, personally approaching them to help out!

Sidenote, but can we not use marquee text for the section description? It gets hard to read.

Yup, it'll be back to normal by tomorrow. Just an experiment, and to shamelessly attract people to the announcement more readily.

Edit: Actually, never mind, I'll switch it back now!

But why would I copy and paste something I've already written that is clearly better than anything I've ever posted here?

because i cant let you advertise a blog elsewhere that obviously agro, be subtle

silly agro

pls

you can however link to it in your opening post

but you have to copy-n-paste

Archived