Super Showdown Society (closed)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I suppose third place is nonexistant now.

I will split the points that 3rd place would have gotten with 1st and 2nd.

1st place, and the winner of this tournament. Self-Destruct Button! Good work man, my nemisis is strong. 1750 points will be on your way shortly.

2nd place. Me. XD Good...work, man? XD No points will be sent to me, however I will win back the 1000 points I put up for this.

Good job to everyone who participated, this was fun I thought. Tell me what you guys thought about it. Anything I should do different. If the rules were okay, what you thought of the whole LC Monotype idea, whatever. :)

Hopefully next tournament will go even better. ^^

http://challonge.com/ezgpn70

No way of getting rid of the 3rd place thing without reseting everything but oh well.

Will add the win/loss to the rankings. And yes, even those who got 0-1 will be added to the ranks, because they participated. ^^

Cool tournament, had fun, LC mono is actually a pretty good tier. One thing I might suggest is allowing people to change teams in between rounds. It makes every round fresh and encourages trying to build round your opponent's playstyle etc and it means you can actually successfully use surprise sets because you don't see them in the round before.

I was debating a lot back and forth on the merits of changing teams or not. I kinda liked the one team thing because it made you have to try and think "Well what will I have to worry about overall" instead of just "Okay how do I screw over this type"

But it was tough deciding which to go with.

Glad you enjoyed though. ^^

Any number of things could have happened. He might have been frustrated, he might have seen he had no way to get past Jelli, he might have had to leave, etc etc. I've seen much weirder forfeits than that.

I'm happy to play any sort of tour, I'll leave that up to you.

Alright, gonna later work on setting up the rules and such. But gonna start up a UU tournament. If anyone has any thoughts on how it should be done, let me know.

Double elimination or single.

Switching teams between rounds or not.

And what's a decent entrance fee.

Are the main concerns.

Okay, UU tournament accepting participants now!
And yes I copied most of the stuff in the LC tournament and changed a bit.

[spoiler=SSS UU Tournament]

[spoiler=Rules]
1.) All teams must be UU teams. This means nothing above the UU tier.

2.) Tournament will be double elimination bracket tournament. And the matchups will be determined once the sign ups end.

3.) You are allowed to change between three teams in between rounds.

[spoiler=Points]Fee will be 250 points, to be sent to me upon sign-up. I will add 1000 points myself.

[spoiler=Prizes]1st place-60% of Pot

2nd place-30% of Pot

3rd place-10% of Pot

[spoiler=Current Pot]1500 Points

[spoiler=Participants]

1.) Lord CowCow

2.) Azure Wolf

3.) Self-Destruct Button

4.) iHop

[spoiler=Sign-up]Sign-ups will last for 5 days (Last day, 19th). Must post here saying you wish to join.

You won't be accepted until you send the 250 points to me.

Time to send mass PM...hope none of you got too weird with the name changes.

Might extend deadline depending on number of participants and such. Won't bother starting without at least 7 others. Hopefully more.

It does get pretty crazy with the right team. Had a total loss when someone had a Shuckle and had used premonition prevoiusly. That thing was impossible to kill. It healed faster than I could damage it. Though Arceus is the worst one I have seen, had no move which could damage but got all stats but evasion boosted to max and only had non-damaging event moves or a self destruct like move with a power of 0.

Man, I love that seasonal so much. I literally spent 4 hours while it was in beta playing with Astara (the Jirachi in there) trying to get my mon and she kept getting it while I never did. Incredibly fun, hopefully we can convince the people responsible to keep it around until after the seasonal because it's been waaay more popular than any other seasonal.

edit: I'M IN THAT BATTLE

Archived