Super Showdown Society (closed)

Next is a strange tournament right. If so one where we all have the same team with moves which only do damage. Cause Mewtwo Strikes Back got me thinking about this.

Could work maybe. Or possibly, everyone who joins picks a Pokemon. And our teams will be comprised of only Pokemon that were chosen. (this way let's say we get 8, there's 8 Pokemon that can be picked) idk about the only damage moves though.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could work maybe. Or possibly, everyone who joins picks a Pokemon. And our teams will be comprised of only Pokemon that were chosen. (this way let's say we get 8, there's 8 Pokemon that can be picked) idk about the only damage moves though.

Was just to go with way Mewtwo said that that he sealed the special powers of the pokemon only allowing for actual contact, though for the sake of actual battles we could go with just any moves which inflict damage as a primary effect, so moves which inflict status problems/raise or lower stats ass a secondary effect are allowed.

Still unsure of eliminating non-damaging moves, feels like it'll take a lot of strategy out of it.

Anyway two other things.

One, where's that battle guys? :( We're so close to the end.

Two, I will be putting a "Battle Archive" section into the OP. Any battle you want to have archived under your name let me know. Here's what you gotta do.

1.) Post the battle here

2.) If it's your first one in the Archive mention what name you want your spoiler to be under.

3.) Write "SSS Archive" in the post so I know you want it in the OP

4.) If it involves another member ask to make sure it's okay.

5.) If you want to include a short description with it let me know in the post.

Won vs SDB

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-270308790

Empoleon+rocks was a scary combo for sure

Way to go Catman, becoming a threat I see.

That Sash was clutch. You may have had the type matchup but that could've gone badly if you didn't play the way you did.

Let's see if you can do the same against Hydreigon ;)

Keep in mind you'd have to beat him twice to win it. (And also remember to decide among yourselves if you want to give time to change up teams after first match or not)

But Catman vs Hydreigon in the finals!

Button gets third, congrats dude.

This is kinda a double post but meh.

Thinking about next tournament and need to hammer out the details but basically.

Everyone who joins picks a Pokemon. They must use that Pokemon on every team throughout the tournament. And the other five will be selected from what Pokemon other people choose. And everyone needs to use each Pokemon at least once if possible.

Trying to figure out what to limit, and how to make sure everyone doesn't just choose amazing/crap Pokemon. But that's so far what I've got.

Onto the second part. This club...when I first made it I was scared, scared not many people would care and it'd just be another failed project, but more people came and, while not everyone participates and non-tournament times are kinda slow, it survived and grew.

And now we have people who never was in an SSS tournament doing stuff in it, like Cosmo and Rai and Catman. We have Spinda who got three victories in this tournament when last time he had none.

We have Hydreigon who has been doing amazing every tournament, Button who is continuing to get close to overtaking my record.

And many many others.

Guess I just wanted to say I'm happy with what happened with this so far and that I'm honestly proud of you all for what we've done with it. ^^;

Somehow thought I'd survive a hydro at +1, but apparently not

gg though, glad to have participated in this!

I see Hydreigon learned from when he battled against my Volcarona. ;) (course that was Bug vs Poison but still XD )

I KNEW Scarf Excadrill would come in handy when Hyde told me his team.

Good job to Hydreigon for being literally undefeated in this :D And good job to Catman for making it this far in their first SSS tournament.

And finally Good job to Button for getting to third.

http://challonge.com/1760w1ge

And really good work everyone, this went really well I think. ^^

So now the tournament is officially over! I will be giving out the massive amount of points soon. And change the rankings in the OP. Check the OP in about 10 minutes and it should be done :3

Now to plan for next tournament....

Okay so basic idea for next tournament hasn't changed.

Everyone who joins picks a Pokemon. They must use it on all their teams. The other team members will be made up of whatever other Pokemon get picked by the other participants. All Pokemon must be used on the team at least once. And nothing above OU, nothing below PU.

My only issue is trying to make sure not everything is really powerful/really weak. Still not sure what to do to make sure of that...

If you guys have any ideas, or are interested in this idea, let me know :3

Not sure when this'll start either.

Also trying to think of non-tournament events to be had.

Everyone who joins picks a Pokemon. They must use it on all their teams. The other team members will be made up of whatever other Pokemon get picked by the other participants. All Pokemon must be used on the team at least once. And nothing above OU, nothing below PU.

Tbh I'm against this. If everyone must use all pokemon at some point, it just turns it into a luck game as to which pokemon you bring against what pokemon of your opponent. I'd rather have it that we construct half our team with the nominated mons and the rest are up to player's choice, that makes you think more about what to use and doesn't obligate you to use only specific Pokemon, which would be weird imo. Even just one player choice slot might be enough tbh, least there should be one.

[spoiler=SSS Poke Pool]

[spoiler=Rules]

1.) Upon sign up you must include a Pokemon name in your post. Anything between OU and PU are acceptable.

2.) All your teams must include the named Pokemon.

3.) The rest of the team must consist of the Pokemon named by other participants. EXCEPT FOR one Pokemon which can be any (from between OU and PU) Pokemon.

3a. Megas count as the normal Pokemon ("Ampharos" means Mega and non-Mega)

4.) You must use every Pokemon at least once, if possible.

5.) You may change the team between rounds in any way as long as you follow the above rules.

[spoiler=Points]Fee will be 250 points, to be sent to me upon sign-up. I will add 1000 points myself.

[spoiler=Prizes]1st place-60% of Pot

2nd place-30% of Pot

3rd place-10% of Pot

[spoiler=Current Pot]4500 Points

[spoiler=Participants]

1.) Lord CowCow

2.) Self-Destruct Button

3.) Hydreigon

4.) Chi-Class/Yui

5.) TheLocalSpinda

6.) Catman25

7.) Isuka Misagi

8.) Tyretian

9.) .Rai

[spoiler=Usable Pokemon]

Ampharos (picked by Lord CowCow)

Meloetta (picked by Button)

Rampardos (picked by Hydreigon)

Stunfisk (picked by Chi-Class)

Hoopa (picked by Spinda)

Steelix (picked by Catman)

Duoblade (picked by Isuka Misagi)

Magcargo (picked by Tyretian)

Galvantula (picked by Rai)

Sign ups will probably last a while, I want at least 8 people but as many as possible is gonna be wanted for this, and I know people may be busy.

Anyway I will choose as my Mon, Ampharos.

Archived